• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

burnfout

I can only host 8 players, but you guys can try mine:

GAFONLY

Ranked game
Zones and Capture the Flag on 5 different levels.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This "cannot join server" shit is getting a little old now.

Oh, and the crashes are annoying as well. Meh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FightyF said:
http://members.aol.com/kissofvanity/GRAPHICS/SimpsonDoh.jpg[IMG]

GAF to FightyF:

[IMG]http://relax.tlt.ru/~pricol/image/rtfm.jpg[IMG]

[B]Though I think it's a bad solution as I need to talk when I'm in the middle of doing something, like taking the flag and such. [/B]

Can I change it to Left trigger?[/QUOTE]

Trust me it's not. The beta (1.00) was open mic and it was horrible. 99% of the time after joining a game you'd have to go to the voice control menu and mute at least half the people one by one or mute everyone in the game because half the people in game where using shitty headsets, had there surround sound too loud creating a nasty feedback to be broadcasted, or hadn't set their mic level properly in the XMB.

Greg

I think a badass idea would be getting points for having a dedicated server up for a certain amount of time - not a ton of points, but just enough incentive to actually want to have one up while you are away (ex: 10 points an hour).

The extra room can't hurt.

Killthee

Greg said:
I think a badass idea would be getting points for having a dedicated server up for a certain amount of time - not a ton of points, but just enough incentive to actually want to have one up while you are away (ex: 10 points an hour).

This was actually one of the suggestions that a lot of people asked for in the beta. It sucks that they didn't implement it.

burnfout

Greg said:

That would greatly improve ranked service availability.. good idea.

I'll leave GAFONLY up all night, just try to get in.

Just got into a really good match on the Sony servers. Lot's of talking, strategy and twice we ended Zones with a World Victory. I came 1st twice aswell. :D It's great that by working as a unit, you end up with massive scores, do that and your unbeatable. Of course then I got a network error. Lets hope we get a patch soon.

S. L.

burnfout said:
Well this time its actualy true, 8 people in within 30 seconds...
haha true
i setup a 8player ranked server and within a few seconds it was full
gonna let it run for a bit now as i can't seem to get in any ranked games anyways :/

KGKK

Banned
I just created a server

GAFONLY22

Mixed bag between zones and ctf on all the maps, unranked.

Password is the usual one. If you can't figure it out, PM for it.

Server can only support up to 12 players :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmm, now my PS3 locks up when I play. Honestly, this online interface and system are the worst I've come across. I can't join 98% of the servers! This is pointless. I wish I had bought the boxed version so I could at least just sell it.

/whine

mackaveli

to the people using the jabra headset that came with warhawk, do you hear an echo when you talk to people?

when i use it for resistance, when i talk, i can hear myself say it 2 seconds later which is annoying. I asked my friend who has the same headset and says he doesn't get a echo. anyone know whats the problem and can i fix it?

thanks

FightyF

Banned
shagg_187 said:
No can't do. Trust me, you'll be used to it... :)

BTW thanks for letting me know. I brought it up before but no one said anything.

Killthee said:
Trust me it's not. The beta (1.00) was open mic and it was horrible. 99% of the time after joining a game you'd have to go to the voice control menu and mute at least half the people one by one or mute everyone in the game because half the people in game where using shitty headsets, had there surround sound too loud creating a nasty feedback to be broadcasted, or hadn't set their mic level properly in the XMB.

Yeah I was a part of the beta really late into it, and I did notice that and I agree with you in that sense. My argument has more to do with the practicality of holding that button, when you use the stick for movement. As shagg said, I should get used to it.

But I think this makes a good argument for parties...it would be nice to be able to talk to anyone in your party without doing so, or at least, your clan. If you are in a room with other clan members, unrestricted talk would be nice.

On another topic...

More important than the whole idea of the party system, it a matchmaking system.

It should be like Live where many games allow you to check out each server individually, OR put in match making criteria to join a game. I really think they dropped the ball in this aspect and I really really hope it is addressed. I have filters helping me get relevant servers, but that doesn't help me get into games. Also, I don't think there is a filter for ranked/unranked.

I think we can all agree that on top of what there is now, it would be very convenient to put in a matchmaking search where we enter all the same info for filters, but then it just pops us into the game instead of just listing the server.

I agree with the server points idea.

From my POV, the gameplay and weapon balance seems polished. The visuals and sound seem polished, but the menus and game setup features seem unpolished. Hopefully those aspects are things that will be worked on and improved.

I only mention these detriments because for me, they are becoming more than a minor nuisance. I'm trying to get into ranked CTF games and it takes me anywhere from 10 minutes to a half hour (I was watching Gremlins 2 on TV to make the time pass by :p).

mackaveli said:
to the people using the jabra headset that came with warhawk, do you hear an echo when you talk to people?

when i use it for resistance, when i talk, i can hear myself say it 2 seconds later which is annoying. I asked my friend who has the same headset and says he doesn't get a echo. anyone know whats the problem and can i fix it?

thanks

Happens to me in Resistance occasionally, although I hardly ever use it. I haven't had a problem in Warhawk.

FightyF

Banned
mackaveli said:

thanks

I think it has to do with other people having their headsets on so loud. So they hear you, and when they do, their own mic picks up what comes out of its headphone. And so you hear the feedback.

mackaveli

FightyF said:
I think it has to do with other people having their headsets on so loud. So they hear you, and when they do, their own mic picks up what comes out of its headphone. And so you hear the feedback.

maybe thats it, i'll test it with my brother tonight by making his microphone level at 1.

also,

is GAFn getting invites still?

i've been online but can't seem to msg Godai (Varshes) unless he is a buddy of mine in warhawk. i guess i'll pm on here instead.

rs7k

I never had any interest in Warhawk, and I clicked on the GT video review and the game looks all sorts of awesome.

I need a $299 PS3 :(

So, if I have a PS3 I should own Wowhawk correct? I think I am going to go trade some stuff in for it tomorrow. Is everyone on the GAF clan using headsets?

I think I've been able to join two SCEA servers. But now that I've ranked up, I can't join any of their official servers because my rank is too high. WTF is that?

dralla

ah yes, my stats werent recorded again and I still can't rank up even though I have enough points. im going to kill someone

CaptWinky

ya I'm pretty much done with the ranking up, just purely for fun now, cause I've hit Chief twice now an I think everyday I play for the last 2, I've had to climb out of being a E1-E3

CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

Killthee is going to set up a GAF server later tonight! Ranked gameplay against all the posters you love and loathe! Estimated time of play: 10pm EST US.

Support the community! Kill your friends.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Captain Glanton said:
CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

Killthee is going to set up a GAF server later tonight! Ranked gameplay against all the posters you love and loathe! Estimated time of play: 10pm EST US.

Cool, will it be password protected?

methane47

Captain Glanton said:
CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

CALLING ALL GAFFERS!

sounds great... why didn't he post this?

Killthee

methane47 said:
sounds great... why didn't he post this?

I posted it hours ago. I haven't made a new post yet because it wont be up for another 40 minutes : P

BTW, any suggestions for modes/maps?

SSJChar

is Varshes still sending out GAFn invites? i havn't recieved mine yet.
and they need to put this game in the world videogame tournament or whatever the hell its called. its just so good.

Killthee said:
I posted it hours ago. I haven't made a new post yet because it wont be up for another 40 minutes : P

BTW, any suggestions for modes/maps?

I just played a CTF on the 'ruined capital' map, but both flags were on the central stretch. It was called 'close spires' or 'closed capital' or some such thing. Pretty intense.

BTW, I went ahead and made the 'ad' post for tonight because this thread moves so fast; I wanted to make sure that more people were aware of it.

Hope we're able to get in!

methane47

Defuser said:
I would be there if only Safebet would send me the damn invite.
Clan system is borked.. Clans are useless.. When the server name is posted just look for that server and try to get in...

By the way.. WTF is that in your avatar? is that a real Doll?....

Defuser

methane47 said:
Clan system is borked.. Clans are useless.. When the server name is posted just look for that server and try to get in...

Ever heard who is Aya Hirano? And no she is real person.

Killthee

methane47 said:

Server name will be the same as always, GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

calder

In the official Warhawk forum ppl say that the erroneous "room is full" issue is a port forwarding issue. That true? I know I forwarded some ports for my headset way back when (and anyone who's voice chat does not work online should check that first if it looks configured correctly in the XMB) but I haven't bothered since then as I've had a NAT type 2.

Just in case anyone wants to try it, these are the ports listed in the official forums (not an official post, just some guy who says it helped him)

PSN1 TCP: 80-80
PSN2 TCP: 443-443
PSN3 TCP: 5223-5223
PSN4 UDP: 3478-3479 (NOTICE THE DIFFERENT NUMBERS!)
PSN5 UDP: 3658-3658

Killthee

calder said:
In the official Warhawk forum ppl say that the erroneous "room is full" issue is a port forwarding issue. That true? I know I forwarded some ports for my headset way back when (and anyone who's voice chat does not work online should check that first if it looks configured correctly in the XMB) but I haven't bothered since then as I've had a NAT type 2.

Just in case anyone wants to try it, these are the ports listed in the official forums (not an official post, just some guy who says it helped him)

It might have helped him...if he was in NAT 3, or in other words, had his ports closed...

My PS3 is in NAT 2, has UPnP enabled, and is in DMZ mode and I'm still getting the full game message 99% of the time I try to join a server with "room".

calder said:

I already did it and I'm still having problems. I'm going to reset my router and try again though, worth a shot.

kay

calder said:
I'm betting the rooms are actually full but the list does not update correctly. The rooms fill up very fast after they have started so you have to join them when they have just started a new round.

Killthee

kay said:
I'm betting the rooms are actually full but the list does not update correctly. The rooms fill up very fast after they have started so you have to join them when they have just started a new round.

Thats what I'm guessing as well.

Killthee

2 minutes...

I want the server going up post to be at the top of the next page...

Top Bottom