• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

sorry about the grenades man.. i'm usually horrible with them.. you just happened to fall on em ....

COMPLEtely good luck on my part... Bad luck on yours

CaptWinky

I had some damn good fun :) one guy cracked me up, someone kept hitting him with nades, he was like "wtf with auto aim nades" haha

Defuser

chubigans said:
Whaaaaaaaaatever. My awesome snipage knows no spawn points.
The next match we play you're mine to kill.

And sent me an invite Safebet,I'm been asking you for a shit long time.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
It's up....

And so you guys keep on posting server info...

On the subject of servers, lets get the ball rolling on the server status list. I, and I'm sure you guys are as well, am sick and tired of wasting half an hour looking for a decent server only to play 10 minutes before gettting kicked/dropped thanks to a "Network Error". This problem could easily be solved if more people started hosting GAF servers. I'm happy setting up my system as a server and kicking/banning people from it so you guys can play, but when I read this thread and notice that the only other person doing this consistently is TTP it really hampers my spirit to keep on hosting. We have more than 200 people in the clan roster, why the bloody hell aren't you guys hosting? This is the first and last time I'll say this; If I don't see more people consistently hosting, I won't host any more GAF servers. IT'S TIME TO STEP THE F@%& UP GAF! If you want to be added to the GAF Server Status List post the following and P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights to edit the status of your server.

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

dionysus

Yaldog
My server is now up, ranked dedicated.

Name: GAFw>all

20 players
3 CTF, 2 zones, 1 ridiculous small Deathmatch map
Have fun!

Should be up all night unless it crashes.

Speaking of Safebet, how do clan invites work? Is it through Warhawk? Is it through GAF? I sent a request a few days ago on a PM.

Anyway, if there are enough of GAF in the Asian/Oz zone, I'll start a 24 player GAF server later on tonight, around 8pm Japan time. My connection allows 24 players. I'll post details in this thread around 8pm Japan time.

Edit, Killthee, I'll send a PM after I finish popping out for a few hours.

CaptWinky

dionysus said:
My server is now up, ranked dedicated.

Name: GAFw>all

20 players
3 CTF, 2 zones, 1 ridiculous small Deathmatch map
Have fun!

Should be up all net unless it crashes.

psn hnic4life

got them all added :) I looked forward to playing with you all

hnicntacp is my handle for those who own a 360

calder

I want a clan invite too, if there's any non-full, non-glitched spots open. Any of the North American clans would be cool, I'm in Central time. GAFn would be swell, since I'm in Canada.

psn: caldermuyo

Fun games tonight. :) I need to rethink Zones, I get the feeling that the chain is the crucial aspect, so moving forward en masse is the trick. But sneaky mofos slipping behind is always a concern, so a well-oiled team would need a few guys on defense, like a flying squad. Ideally they'd be excellent 1 on 1 so they could be reasonably confident attacking on their own. It's a puzzle, but once most teams start getting hte hang of it I think the overall strategy will be key - right now it's mostly just a contest of skills and numbers.

Killthee

CaptWinky said:
psn hnic4life

got them all added :) I looked forward to playing with you all

hnicntacp is my handle for those who own a 360

Join the GAFs clan, it'll give you a GAF tag and it'll make it easier for us to identify you ^_^

Defuser said:
lol it's down again.

My server? Still up...

Killthee

calder said:
I want a clan invite too, if there's any non-full, non-glitched spots open. Any of the North American clans would be cool, I'm in Central time. GAFn would be swell, since I'm in Canada.

psn: caldermuyo

Fun games tonight. :) I need to rethink Zones, I get the feeling that the chain is the crucial aspect, so moving forward en masse is the trick. But sneaky mofos slipping behind is always a concern, so a well-oiled team would need a few guys on defense, like a flying squad. Ideally they'd be excellent 1 on 1 so they could be reasonably confident attacking on their own. It's a puzzle, but once most teams start getting hte hang of it I think the overall strategy will be key - right now it's mostly just a contest of skills and numbers.

Your in GAFw, I'm guessing your one of the persons Safe Bet wasn't able to send an invite too. Do you want to stay put, move over to GAFs (you'll get an invite for sure), or become temp leader for GAFw II (You start a clan, name it GAF West and tag it GAFw, and invite the GAFw people who have a dash on their invite date in the roster. Once the invite system gets fixed you disband the clan and Safe Bet sends out the remaining invites again)?

CaptWinky

Killthee said:
Join the GAFs clan, it'll give you a GAF tag and it'll make it easier for us to identify you ^_^

My server? Still up...

just tell me wha tI need to do, I like playing with people who use the freaking mic

Killthee

CaptWinky said:
just tell me wha tI need to do, I like playing with people who use the freaking mic

Post your PSN ID, Timezone, Location, and wait for an invite from The Jer.

calder

Killthee said:
Your in GAFw, I'm guessing your one of the persons Safe Bet wasn't able to send an invite too. Do you want to stay put, move over to GAFs (you'll get an invite for sure), or become temp leader for GAFw II (You start a clan, name it GAF West and tag it GAFw, and invite the GAFw people who have a dash on their invite date in the roster. Once the invite system gets fixed you disband the clan and Safe Bet sends out the remaining invites again)?
Uhm, GAFs sounds cool, thanks. Making another w seems a lot like work and I"m sure I'd mess it up somehow. ;) In the end, I would like to join either GAF w or n once the clan glitches are fixed, but for now any group would be fine. :) I just want to see what the clan options do for finding matches with fellow GAfers, hopefully makes it easier.

Yo Marvel I would be up for some games as long as I can leech off my neighbors wireless sucessfuly ;)

and which gaf clans have opening still? Is it just GAFu?

Killthee

suikodan said:
I'd like to join any GAF clan

Suikodan
-5 EST
Canada

Added you. Invite from The Jer soon...

calder said:
Uhm, GAFs sounds cool, thanks. Making another w seems a lot like work and I"m sure I'd mess it up somehow. ;) In the end, I would like to join either GAF w or n once the clan glitches are fixed, but for now any group would be fine. :) I just want to see what the clan options do for finding matches with fellow GAfers, hopefully makes it easier.

I added you to GAFs and didn't delete your spot to GAFw so you can still get in when the issues are fixed. The clan system doesn't do much ATM, it allows you to view the profiles of other clan members and allows you view what server their in/join the server their playing in (you still get server joining issues and the server status isn't always accurate...).

BudokaiMR2 said:
Yo Marvel I would be up for some games as long as I can leech off my neighbors wireless sucessfuly ;)

and which gaf clans have opening still? Is it just GAFu?

GAFs and GAFu are still open.

freshair

I'll be on soon. Hope there is a spot free in one of the Gaf servers. :)
I'd host, but with a 128k up-speed, I doubt 1vs1 would be very fun. :lol

Killthee

freshair said:
I'll be on soon. Hope there is a spot free in one of the Gaf servers. :)
I'd host, but with a 128k up-speed, I doubt 1vs1 would be very fun. :lol

There plenty of room in my server (GAF_PST(#1)_CTF/ZNS)

I'm trying to decide whether I should download the game tonight or search for the hard copy tomorrow.

I've been wanting the retail copy for the headset, but haven't been able to find it at any stores. Would you guys recommend waiting and hitting up some Gamestops tomorrow, or should I just go ahead and download the game now and purchase a headset at some point in the future?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Sony needs to fix that "friend online pop window" it covers most of the map.

And My stats have not been updated >_<

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
neojubei said:

Just turn it off...it's not like you can do much when you're notified they're online anyways.

Killthee

IamMattFox said:
I'm trying to decide whether I should download the game tonight or search for the hard copy tomorrow.

I've been wanting the retail copy for the headset, but haven't been able to find it at any stores. Would you guys recommend waiting and hitting up some Gamestops tomorrow, or should I just go ahead and download the game now and purchase a headset at some point in the future?

Retail. The DRM in the dl sucks (see post #5431).

CSSer

neojubei said:

I don't think the leaderboards have budged all day...

I got killed so many times in the gaf games today :(

KGKK

Banned
What a game! Especially the last CTF one. Whoo boy the blue had our red flag at their base for so long yet they wouldn't claim it. :lol

numble

If anyone sees me on a GAF server, please don't kick me. I've asked twice to join a GAF clan already... (One PM to SafeBet and a post in this thread..)

PSN id: numbler
Timezone: PST

Killthee

numble said:
If anyone sees me on a GAF server, please don't kick me. I've asked twice to join a GAF clan already... (One PM to SafeBet and a post in this thread..)

PSN id: numbler
Timezone: PST

I added you to the GAfs list. Expect an invite from The Jer soon.

Pimpwerx

Add me guys. My gf is working graveyard, so i finally get some time with the game. My headset is lacking the gel insert, but I'm still trying to use it. I was just barking orders at a bunch of strangers, and they didn't pay me any mind. I'm feeling like a total badass in this game, so let me in on the GAF server. It keeps telling me it can't connect, though. Look for MastaKiiLA, peeling caps. PEACE.

Kalren

Brought my server back up...

A lot of names that I don't recognize however are on it... and I went through the entire GAF clan lists... I don't wan't to kick anyone however and I'm wondering if I even put the password on...

The Chef

Well I deleted Warhawk and re-installed it, tried to play it and it game the same error.
Looks like your right Killthee - I guess I wont be able to play till tomorrow.

Ceb

I'm gonna set up a GAF server using TTP's settings soon in case there's an influx of late night warhawkers. I won't be around to kick people, but it can take 24 players and should hold.

Name: GAF_ONLY
Region: Europe (but anyone can join)
Map rotation:
Island Outpost - ZONES
The Badlands - CTF (2 rounds)
Destroyed Capitol - TDM (Dogfight)
Archipelago - ZONES
Eucadia - CTF (2 rounds)

Pachinko

PSN: otakugamer
timezone: mountain time

send me messages or whatever. It would be totally awesome to play on a server in this game that didn't crash.

Top Bottom