• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Servers Up

oO_SR_Panda_Oo_by_pacman23-1.jpg

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

On the subject of servers, lets get the ball rolling on the server status list. I, and I'm sure you guys are as well, am sick and tired of wasting half an hour looking for a decent server only to play 10 minutes before gettting kicked/dropped thanks to a "Network Error". This problem could easily be solved if more people started hosting GAF servers. I'm happy setting up my system as a server and kicking/banning people from it so you guys can play, but when I read this thread and notice that the only other person doing this consistently is TTP it really hampers my spirit to keep on hosting. We have more than 200 people in the clan roster, why the bloody hell aren't you guys hosting? This is the first and last time I'll say this; If I don't see more people consistently hosting, I won't host any more GAF servers. IT'S TIME TO STEP THE F@%& UP GAF! If you want to be added to the GAF Server Status List post the following and P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights to edit the status of your server.

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

dionysus

Yaldog
i'll start hosting servers over night, which will normally be 10 pm cst- 5pm cst the next day. Tongiht, since I don't have to work ttomorrow, I might not set it up till 2 am cst.

PSN ID: Dionysus
GAF Username: dionysus
Edit: Name: GAFw>all

Timezone: CST
3 CTF, 2 zones, 1 TDM
20 players
Ranked dedicated

dralla

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. another crash after I finally get into a good server. holy shit, CTF on Archpelago...so chaotic when the flags are away from base.

Darobga

I'd love to play tonight but I cant stay >.< Hopefully we can do ranked night GAF fights more often! Good luck everybody. (also is everyones stats not updating at all?)

Killthee

Who's Disma, nekopopatopolus, K-X, and liquidgravity?

dionysus said:
i'll start hosting servers over night, which will normally be 10 pm cst- 5pm cst the next day. Tongiht, since I don't have to work ttomorrow, I might not set it up till 2 am cst.

PSN ID: Dionysus
GAF Username: dionysus
Edit: Name: GAFw>all

Timezone: CST
3 CTF, 2 zones, 1 TDM
20 players
Ranked dedicated

Thanks for volunteering :D I added you to the Server List. Teepo suggested we use a universal naming system so we can easily identify our servers a couple of pages back; I figured we'd use the server id-frequent modes from the roster to name our servers. Using this naming scheme your server would be named GAF_CST(#1)-CTF/ZNS P.M. your email address so I can give you editing rights.

Ok...what the hell. I just had a really fun (and good) couple of ranked matches on a GAF ONLY server (with just 8 of us - I was Leonidas2123). I had many more kills than deaths...and yet after I was done with those games I went to check my profile to see my updated stats (i had only played 1 rank game before that - my first time playing) and i had like 1 kill and 3 deaths in that game.

And 1 kill and 3 deaths my stats remain. I am very pissed because I had unlocked a good amount of ribbons during the GAF games I had just played, and they are no where to be found on my profile either. What is the deal? :/ I hope it just takes some time to update or something because I got promoted as well.

Greg

MisterAnderson said:
Ok...what the hell. I just had a really fun (and good) couple of ranked matches on a GAF ONLY server (with just 8 of us - I was Leonidas2123). I had many more kills than deaths...and yet after I was done with those games I went to check my profile to see my updated stats (i had only played 1 rank game before that - my first time playing) and i had like 1 kill and 3 deaths in that game.

And 1 kill and 3 deaths my stats remain. I am very pissed because I had unlocked a good amount of ribbons during the GAF games I had just played, and they are no where to be found on my profile either. What is the deal? :/ I hope it just takes some time to update or something because I got promoted as well.
They've been having problems with the stat keeping - regardless, it usually takes a few hours to update your stats, so don't worry about it so much.

Killthee

MisterAnderson said:

It takes time for stats to be posted in your profile...sometimes it takes hours...

S. L.

MisterAnderson said:

from my experience it takes about half a day for the stats to update

Ok thanks...I am kind of anal about proper stat keeping with games, I guess it's a peeve of mine but I'm put at ease knowing it is just probably a delayed update :) I'll try to be on sometime later tonight to play more, ID is Leonidas2123 so please don't boot me from any servers

The Chef

I have never wished to have the disc version more than I do now. In the middle of a ranked game, 30 seconds left and...

"You have been signed out of the Playstion Network because someone has signed in under your username."

After nearly throwing the controller at the wall I come to discover that my brother-in-law signed onto my account thinking he could download Warhawk from me. After I called and politely told him to gtfo my account I signed back in and clicked on Warhawk.

"Error loading start operation"

I have a mild panic attack and restart my ps3 hoping that will have an effect. Quickly select Warhawk once again and press X

Now I am forced to re-download it and re-install it. I just pray that fixes it otherwise this will be the 1st and the LAST time I download a game over buying the disc.

User 406

Banned
Okay, just got done with a slew of matches on GAFONLY, and my eyes are burning. I'm done for tonight, so I'll start a ranked server and leave it on overnight. I'll call it GAF_EST(#1) in keeping with what you guys are doing. I'm going to eat and read for a while, so I'll try to kick non-GAFfers for at least a while like Killthee's doing.

Killthee

The Chef said:
I have never wished to have the disc version more than I do now. In the middle of a ranked game, 30 seconds left and...

"You have been signed out of the Playstion Network because someone has signed in under your username."

After nearly throwing the controller at the wall I come to discover that my brother-in-law signed onto my account thinking he could download Warhawk from me. After I called and politely told him to gtfo my account I signed back in and clicked on Warhawk.

I have a mild panic attack and restart my ps3 hoping that will have an effect. Quickly select Warhawk once again and press X

Now I am forced to re-download it and re-install it. I just pray that fixes it otherwise this will be the 1st and the LAST time I download a game over buying the disc.

Maybe it's the one system per 24 hours rule. I think you have to wait till tomorrow to play again...

Sea Manky said:
Okay, just got done with a slew of matches on GAFONLY, and my eyes are burning. I'm done for tonight, so I'll start a ranked server and leave it on overnight. I'll call it GAF_EST(#1) in keeping with what you guys are doing. I'm going to eat and read for a while, so I'll try to kick non-GAFfers for at least a while like Killthee's doing.

Hey man, those were some fun games. My favorite moment was seeing two enemy warhawks chasing you down in your jeep with the flag, and flying in to the rescue from above the canyon, taking both out. Unfortunately I was shot down moments later, but it was still badass lol. Hope to play with you again soon!

User 406

Banned
Ok, it's up. GAF_EST(#1)-CTF/ZNS, 8 players ranked.

Edit: Ok, what the hell, I selected ranked dedicated, then for some reason I can join the game. Gimme a sec.

Killthee

Sea Manky said:
Ok, it's up. GAF_EST(#1)-CTF/ZNS, 8 players ranked.

I'll add you to the server list. P.M. your email address so I can give you editing rights.

User 406

Banned
Okay, apparently when you load a map rotation, it resets the server to Player. Fixed now.

Kilthee, just put me up as "Maybe midnight to morning." :p

Edit: Looks like some non-GAFfers are joining. If you don't have a GAF clan prefix, post your PSN ID here so I don't kick you. Likewise if you need a spot, post. Gonna make some burritos.

Killthee

Kal said:
Just created a ranked server: GAF
More info please? :D

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
Is the server going to be on a schedule or no schedule?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

Thank you

Kal

PSN ID: slykal
GAF Username: Kal
Timezone: GMT
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?: Ranked
Is the server going to be on a schedule or no schedule? No schedule(for now)
The frequent modes in your rotation list: DM/TDM/CTF/Z
The sparse modes in your rotation list : n/a (lol)
The max player count in your server: 12

Kalren

PSN ID: Xostas
GAF Username: Kalren
Timezone: MST
Mainly Ranked
No Schedule
Mainly ZNS/CTF

Max player 8

also password will be "believe" . I know that we get lurkers but better than just a free for all...

I don't have the hang of the map list yet so the server may be up and down to begin with.. or may just be stuck on 1 map ;)

Also if anyone wants to add me to a friends list..please do :)

Killthee

Kal said:
PSN ID: slykal
GAF Username: Kal
Timezone: GMT
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?: Ranked
Is the server going to be on a schedule or no schedule? No schedule(for now)
The frequent modes in your rotation list: DM/TDM/CTF/Z
The sparse modes in your rotation list : n/a (lol)
The max player count in your server: 12
Thanks. :lol at all the frequent modes. I added you to the server list, P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights. Server name using the naming scheme is GAF_GMT(#1)-All

The Chef said:

Retarded DRM FTL... : (

Killthee

Kalren said:
PSN ID: Xostas
GAF Username: Kalren
Timezone: MST
Mainly Ranked
No Schedule
Mainly ZNS/CTF

Max player 8

also password will be "believe" . I know that we get lurkers but better than just a free for all...

I don't have the hang of the map list yet so the server may be up and down to begin with.. or may just be stuck on 1 map ;)

Also if anyone wants to add me to a friends list..please do :)

Thanks, I added you. P.M. me your email address for editing rights.

Server name: GAF_GMT(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Top Bottom