• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

the_id

Ceb said:
I'm gonna set up a GAF server using TTP's settings soon in case there's an influx of late night warhawkers. I won't be around to kick people, but it can take 24 players and should hold.

Name: GAF_ONLY
Region: Europe (but anyone can join)
Map rotation:
Island Outpost - ZONES
The Badlands - CTF (2 rounds)
Destroyed Capitol - TDM (Dogfight)
Archipelago - ZONES
Eucadia - CTF (2 rounds)

if there is a password, can you please PM them to me. cheers!

CaptWinky

bout to hop back on :)... I got bioshock, great game, but I just can't pull myself away from this... no more wow for me that's it... just what I needed to quit that game before I got hooked

CaptWinky

Safe Bet said:
IF YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT A SPOT IN GAFw PLEASE PAY ATTENTION:

The clan invites are buggy and I can not send out anymore invites at this time.

I am sorry.

You can post here for a spot in one of the open clans or you can wait until the system is fixed.

Thank You

Safe Bet

long as I get to play with quality people I don't care where you put me :)

methane47

anybody said this yet?

Gametrailers review http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24451.html

They say that it seems $10 to expensive for the download version.

They also say that this is the best Multiplayer experience on the PS3 then the say "sorry resistance" :lol thats messed up...

They also say that its one of the best multiplayer next gen experiences PERIOD.

Geoff & Gametrailers ::bow::

KGKK

Banned
Damn Killthee, you server is full eventhough it says only 17 out of 20. I've been trying to get into it for the past half hour.

Pimpwerx

Wow! I am awful at this game right now. The air-heavy stages aren't a great deal of fun starting out either. I just kept getting my ass handed to me. I'm fine on the ground stages, though. I wonder if anyone can hear me. I'm talking nonstop. PEACE.

This "Game is full" message is bs.

My friend just made a 12 man server with only him on it, and it gives me "Game is full"

Either this is a bug or they gave up on making server join error messages other than "Game is full" and "Unable to join game"

FightyF

Banned
methane47 said:
Is click permabanned?

Seems like it. Unless a poster has a history of constant trolling, I don't see why anyone should be permabanned. But I'll shut up before I get banned. I got this
reputation_neg.gif
the last time I criticized mods.

KGKK said:
Damn Killthee, you server is full eventhough it says only 17 out of 20. I've been trying to get into it for the past half hour.

I think someone here mentioned that the XX/32 stat is updated slower than everything else. So it could be 20/20, but the game hasn't updated this yet on the server listing. So it looks like 17/20 but it's not, it's actually full. I think this explanation is pretty sound.

ghostmind

I've played about a dozen games so far, and have never had the "game is full" message, nor have I had any issues joining SCEA ranked games... weird...

FightyF

Banned
ghostmind said:
I've played about a dozen games so far, and have never had the "game is full" message, nor have I had any issues joining SCEA ranked games... weird...

Lucky you!

Well, I never had any crashing yet, so lucky me. :)

Killthee, thatnks for making the server, and I'm wondering, is it causing any inconvenience for you? Are you still able to play? Also, how are you able to host such a good server, what kind of connection do you got?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
KGKK said:

Are you still trying? There's been at least 2 spots open from the start. Have you tried logging out then logging back in? If you want I can kick two non Gaffers.

Foil

PSN = Foil

Please don't boot me if find a way into one of the gaf games. Damn SCEA servers are acting stupid again.

dionysus

Yaldog
Killthee said:
Are you still trying? There's been at least 2 spots open from the start. Have you tried logging out then logging back in? If you want I can kick two non Gaffers.

My advice is to just keep trying over and over again, it normally only takes me a few minutes to join servers, even if they say they are completely full.

KGKK

Banned
Finally connected!! Yes, and I feel so stupid that you can add the server to your favourites, it makes it a lot easier to keep trying to join:lol

Killthee

FightyF said:
Lucky you!

Well, I never had any crashing yet, so lucky me. :)

Killthee, thatnks for making the server, and I'm wondering, is it causing any inconvenience for you? Are you still able to play? Also, how are you able to host such a good server, what kind of connection do you got?

It's starting to be an inconvenience and I haven't played much, hence my little rant asking for people to start hosting GAF servers. I'm fine hosting though as long as more people join the Server List and start hosting consistently. I got FiOS, 15 down/ 2 up (I can't wait till they upgrade the west coast to the east coast speeds, 20 down/5 up. 32 player server...).

CaptWinky

KGKK said:
Finally connected!! Yes, and I feel so stupid that you can add the server to your favourites, it makes it a lot easier to keep trying to join:lol

shame on you :) an your warhawk pilot skills :D

well good morning all :) I'm off to bed

KGKK

Banned
Great as soon as I get into the game, it kicks me out and now I cannot sign into my PSN. I'm sick of all these network errors messages!!!

Killthee

KGKK said:

Now imagine a server favorite list full of servers from the GAF Server List...hint, hint...

Let's not stop at five servers people...:D

Post your server info to join the GAF Server List. Don't forget to P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights so you can edit your server status.

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
Is your server going to be on a schedule or no schedule?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

GAF Server name formula is ServerID-FrequentModes. For example, my Server's ID is GAF_PST(#1) and my frequent modes are CTF/ZNS, so my server's name is GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS.

KGKK said:
Great as soon as I get into the game, it kicks me out and now I cannot sign into my PSN. I'm sick of all these network errors messages!!!

I was wondering where the hell you went. Hope it doesn't kick you out this time.

FightyF

Banned
Killthee said:
It's starting to be an inconvenience and I haven't played much, hence my little rant asking for people to start hosting GAF servers. I'm fine hosting though as long as more people join the Server List and start hosting consistently. I got FiOS, 15 down/ 2 up (I can't wait till they upgrade the west coast to the east coast speeds, 20 down/5 up. 32 player server...).

The reason why I asked was because I was thinking, what if a bunch of us 'paypal'ed you something like $3 each, and added up you could pick up a (perhaps used even) PS3 to simply host games. So it takes advantage of your speeds, and hopefully doesn't inconvenient you (perhaps it will still eat up your bandwidth?).

I can only host 4 player matches. So I can't be of much help in terms of making another server.

Grayman

FightyF said:
The reason why I asked was because I was thinking, what if a bunch of us 'paypal'ed you something like $3 each, and added up you could pick up a (perhaps used even) PS3 to simply host games. So it takes advantage of your speeds, and hopefully doesn't inconvenient you (perhaps it will still eat up your bandwidth?).

I can only host 4 player matches. So I can't be of much help in terms of making another server.
200 users in one timezone might be too many.

Killthee

FightyF said:

Nah, I'm sure well get more people to host 20+ servers and/or Incog. will add/fix the servers and network errors. Plus my power bill would be freaking crazy high X_X As for it eating up my bandwidth :lol I got two computers hooked up that are practically always downloading something and a TiVo that is usually downloading something over the Internet (and has done it while I'm hosting). My bandwidth seems to be handling everything smoothly so far :D

DeadCell

*sigh* Apparently I've only played 7 games...

Slowly but surely my love for this game is turning to hate.

Seriously Incog, fix this ASAP.

icechai

woo, played in the Gaf only server for 2 hrs and I finally got decent at hover mode warhawk, so returning flags was a common occurence (hence I ended up #1 or #2 in those games :)). Sniping is hard, but oh so satisfying... sniper w/ binoculars = death machine. Oh, might I also add crouching assault rifle ftw? Sooooo accurate, ppl try to zig zag up towards me w/ flame thrower or their rifle and get mowed down :) Aerial battle is pretty fun but now I find myself mainly using warhawks as transportation for cap points/flag or jeep chasers. Also in Eucadia, seems like that bottleneck by each entrance is sooo cheap. Mines + Turrets = no one can get out of there with the flag buhahaha...

FightyF

Banned
Killthee said:
Nah, I'm sure well get more people to host 20+ servers and/or Incog. will add/fix the servers and network errors. Plus my power bill would be freaking crazy high X_X As for it eating up my bandwidth :lol I got two computers hooked up that are practically always downloading something and a TiVo that is usually downloading something over the Internet (and has done it while I'm hosting). My bandwidth seems to be handling everything smoothly so far :D

Well...unless people see a need for 4P servers, I can safely say that I can't help out.

Also, I think someone calculated the PS3's power consumption for a year to be $120 (in the Folding thread), and so if need be that could be fundraised.

But if you say so...

Most PC clans purchase their own servers...so I figure that this idea wouldn't be completely out of line or anything new.

Anyways, check out the PSP connectivity thread for a whole bunch of PS3 owners with crazy download/upload speeds. :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186459&page=4

KGKK

Banned
Good games, Click is awesome. Especially with his TOW missiles!!!!! Anyways the other team had Click and Safe_Bet who were owning everybody so we lost every game:lol :lol Oh well, hopefully next time I'm on their team. Did I mention OMG!! at Click's pilot skills:D

carlos

KGKK said:
Good games, Click is awesome. Especially with his TOW missiles!!!!! Anyways the other team had Click and Safe_Bet who were owning everybody so we lost every game:lol :lol Oh well, hopefully next time I'm on their team. Did I mention OMG!! at Click's pilot skills:D

Hey, we didn't lose every game!

we had one great dogfight that ended up tied 76-76; It's an honor to have managed that against click, safe bet and the like ;) (props to whoever is leonidas 2232?, who played great for us that round as well)

But yeah, It's kind of hard to win against them in CTF and zones when no one on our side is using the mic O.O great teamwork there ;p

Killthee said:
Let's not stop at five servers people...:D

PSN ID: MarvelHarveyEuro (sub account, this game only)
GAF Username: marvelharvey
Timezone: Japan (GMT+9)
Server: Ranked and Unranked
The frequent modes: DM, CTF
The sparse modes: ZNS
Max Player: 24
Will usually be on: 8pm-1am (Japan time)

I know of at least 8 GAF people within this region playing Warhawk, so I'm sure there are countless other GAFfers. Might be worth starting a GAFa list for the clan on this side of the planet.

NOTE: I've only 2.5 hours of playtime, so during a battle, don't expect any miracles from me.

Tieno

Don't have Warhawk, but when Sony gets Home and Trophies up and running they should stimulate people setting up servers by rewarding it with a Trophy or in-Home content (like 50 hours running Warhawk --> get [X])

nofi

Tieno said:
Don't have Warhawk, but when Sony gets Home and Trophies up and running they should stimulate people setting up servers by rewarding it with a Trophy or in-Home content (like 50 hours running Warhawk --> get [X])

As long as it's on a decent connection, sure. I'd be cheating with my modem-like broadband, hosting like 2 players max.

Steroyd

I've been annoying myself in Dogfights lately, I have no problem taking people's life down to one hit, but man I can't finish people off it's really annoying me now, because other people are nicking my kills.

Need to work on balancing ground work and Warhawking in objective matches to, i've started to get the hang of knowing where the weapons are on the ground.

Is anybody else a bit pissed at the scopes for the Sniper Rifle? Shit is too small and can't get a good view of things. They better do something with it.

mr stroke

methane47 said:
anybody said this yet?

Gametrailers review http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24451.html

They say that it seems $10 to expensive for the download version.

They also say that this is the best Multiplayer experience on the PS3 then the say "sorry resistance" :lol thats messed up...

They also say that its one of the best multiplayer next gen experiences PERIOD.

Geoff & Gametrailers ::bow::

+1
hands down the best multiplayer game on next gen(until Halo3:D)
with the right team and voice chat its better than battlefield IMO

kitch9

Banned
mr stroke said:
+1
hands down the best multiplayer game on next gen(until Halo3:D)
with the right team and voice chat its better than battlefield IMO

Better than Battlefield? Hmmm, I was addicted to that game, and managed to break free from its clutches.

Warhawk has me hooked all over again.... The only thing stopping me from going back to battlefield is my poxy ass computer monitor.

After playing Warhawk on my 42" HDTV it won't be the same.....

Top Bottom