• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

mr stroke

kitch9 said:
Better than Battlefield? Hmmm, I was addicted to that game, and managed to break free from its clutches.

Warhawk has me hooked all over again.... The only thing stopping me from going back to battlefield is my poxy ass computer monitor.

After playing Warhawk on my 42" HDTV it won't be the same.....

ya Battlefield is one of the best around, but with the right team and everyone using Mics Warhawk is sooooo good, the map design is really well done and it is by far the SMOOTHEST online game I have ever played(I hope EA is watching on this one)

a couple of things would be nice though-
-in game friend requests
-and warhawks that that let you cary 5-10 people would be awsome
-ingame voice recognition, where the person thats talking would have there name flash on the bottom of the screen

Raist

Banned
Safe Bet said:
I tried...

:p

You didn't try hard enough :(
;)

Well, I don't really care, just that I think it would be more useful to keep this thread for everything but "i r want join gaf clan" or "gaf server up somewhere ? zomg can't find plz" etc :)

@peacemoutain> check the online matchup forum, you should find the warhawk thread easily :p

Mesijs

OK this is just fucking sickening. The game freezes almost every time after I complete a game. No button works anymore and nothing happens.

nofi

mr stroke said:
-ingame voice recognition, where the person thats talking would have there name flash on the bottom of the screen

It already has in-game voice recognition: the person speaking appears in yellow (in whatever vehicle they're in) on the map and mini-map, and if you can see them, a little voice icon appears next to their name on the main screen. Granted, it would be better in a little voice box somewhere on the HUD, too, but it's great for muting annoying people that just talk shit throughout the entire match so no-one else can co-ordinate.

Raist

Banned
FightyF said:
The reason why I asked was because I was thinking, what if a bunch of us 'paypal'ed you something like $3 each, and added up you could pick up a (perhaps used even) PS3 to simply host games. So it takes advantage of your speeds, and hopefully doesn't inconvenient you (perhaps it will still eat up your bandwidth?).

I can only host 4 player matches. So I can't be of much help in terms of making another server.

Upload speed is the limiting factor, downloading stuff @ full speed while holding a server has almost no impact on it.

spwolf

Mesijs said:
OK this is just fucking sickening. The game freezes almost every time after I complete a game. No button works anymore and nothing happens.

report it to sony.. did you delete all previous Warhawk beta saves and game?

Never happened to me personally... and i dont think it is that common, so report it.

burnfout

PSN ID: burnfout
GAF Username: burnfout
Server name: GAFGMT
Timezone: GMT +1 ( from midnight to 8 am)
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Ranked
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF + Zones
The sparse modes in your rotation list. Team Deathmatch
The max player count in your server. 8

Mesijs

spwolf said:
report it to sony.. did you delete all previous Warhawk beta saves and game?

Never happened to me personally... and i dont think it is that common, so report it.

I'll delete the Warhawk beta now. :lol Thanks a lot, hope it helps.

OK, I've got a 24 man server up for the peeps at the eastern end of the world

Name: GAF_Asia
Password: thingsbreak

EDIT: GREAT, just when I thought the front end of this game couldn't get any more clumsy, if you quit as host to restart the server, the game forgets everything and I have to input all the server data from scratch. Thanks Sony.

EDIT 2: Ahhh, so that's what the 'save rotation list' button is for

Yixian and everyone, that was a great game on destroyed capital! I gotta head out to marvel's server now though since he is hosting from Japan ;)

Miguel

Mic is still out of commission, and even if I could, it's too early in the morning to be wowhawking. You guys bark out commands and I'll follow :p

*jumps in*

Yixian

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
Yixian and everyone, that was a great game on destroyed capital! I gotta head out to marvel's server now though since he is hosting from Japan ;)

5 - Nil Wooo! :D

I'll back back on later, got financial shit to deal with today + my local pool is open again after maintenance and I need to catch up on a weeks worth.

marvelharvey said:
Yup, looks like we broke it again, can't even log on.

Well, I'll pop back in an hour.

Right when I was getting into the groove with the tank too >.<

Well I am gonna eat some curry and watch gurren lagann, see you guys later hopefully.

Yixian

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
How prevolent are the server issues? and are they present on servers not hosted by SCE?

The issue of games appearing to have space but actually being full is 100% universal and constant.

More serious stuff like disconnects and lag is rare and most people never have it at all, so I'm guessing it's because of their own settings or connections.

nofi

Yixian said:
The issue of games appearing to have space but actually being full is 100% universal and constant.

I wonder if it's people not logging off properly and the game thinking they're still attached to the server. I've seen GAFfers on the buddy list in games when they're not even logged onto the PSN...

Yixian

Banned
nofi said:
I wonder if it's people not logging off properly and the game thinking they're still attached to the server. I've seen GAFfers on the buddy list in games when they're not even logged onto the PSN...

The issue was around in the beta too, but less widespread. If it read 31/32, there was a chance it'd actually be full, but these days, you can try and join a 15/32 game and get refused entry :S

burnfout

I love Eucadia, I have an almost fullproof way of stealing the flag, and driving in a jeep for 5 mintutes across the island while screaming ' COVER ME, I HAVE THE FLAG I AM IN A JEEP ' and just making it in time = AWESOME.

JB1981

Have you guys been able to coordinate some good GAF games? I mean like communicating and using teamwork and strategy? I'm all over this game once I get a new PS3. My systems always seem to die right before a long holiday weekend. :lol

Hopefully I'll be back up and running in a week or so. Looking forward to playing with y'all.

spwolf

nofi said:

nope... they probably set their servers so they dont respond to client requests for the status for whatever reason - probably because their main servers are overloaded since demand was much greater than anticipated...

I am sure it will be fixed in next few days...

spwolf

Mesijs said:
It freezes AGAIN, even after I delete the beta and the save files. Maybe I should install it again from the disc.

yeah, delete everything, all the game saves, game files, and game itself, and then re-install...

I did that as soon as beta was done, never had single issue in 50+ games...

(and in beta i had crashes every 2 games)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Had my first freeze today on a SCEE server (Had to restart the system) but I then jumped on to another one and played a good six games. Was ranked #2 in one of them and I've found my calling as a ground based person, don't really "get" dogfighting yet.

shifty100

Banned
Has anyone else's stats been reset to nothing because mine and the brother in law's has, for fuck sake sony sort it out. Beta might helped balance game play, but running servers, well it seems these guys have notgot a clue.

BlueTsunami

shifty100 said:
Has anyone else's stats been reset to nothing because mine and the brother in law's has, for fuck sake sony sort it out. Beta might helped balance game play, but running servers, well it seems these guys have notgot a clue.

Mine has but after a few games I saw that it may have been put back to normal (or may have just been the points I gathered from the games after the reset). The weird thing is that the correct amount of points gathered is in the "Personal Info" area.

I'm getting a feeling Sony sent Warhawk out to die! All these issues are just sloppy, should have been sorted out in Beta.

Mesijs said:
It freezes AGAIN, even after I delete the beta and the save files. Maybe I should install it again from the disc.
Well, I think some people are all in the same boat, in the 4 hours I've put in, I've had 6 freezes, 2 in the last 5 minutes... and I wasn't even in the Beta. Actually, due to this issue, I don't think I should use my PS3 as a server, it's bound to go down.

Edit: make that 3 freezes in the last 8 minutes lol

spwolf

BlueTsunami said:
I'm getting a feeling Sony sent Warhawk out to die! All these issues are just sloppy, should have been sorted out in Beta.

actually all those issues were because "too many" players got the game :).

Please feel free to get an refund so rest of can play :p.

and yes, WOW and every other online game had issues when they started, so will Warhawk...

BlueTsunami

spwolf said:
Please feel free to get an refund so rest of can play :p.

Now way, cause I'm actually having fun with it but as I said (and you just stated), it seems like Sony didn't expect such a surge of players. Freezing issues (as rampant as they seem to be) is inexcusable though.

spwolf

BlueTsunami said:
Now way, cause I'm actually having fun with it but as I said (and you just stated), it seems like Sony didn't expect such a surge of players. Freezing issues (as rampant as they seem to be) is inexcusable though.

yeah for the freezing... i suggest everyone report that on PS boards since it is not as common as with beta so they might need more reports...

indie85

Banned
Its true, if word gets out that its a good game, doesnt matter what review scores its got. I bet some of those reviewers are feeling a bit foolish too, I mean wtf was the talk about the pricing of the game complaint etc? I would happily pay FULL price for this.

Yixian

Banned
indie85 said:
Its true, if word gets out that its a good game, doesnt matter what review scores its got. I bet some of those reviewers are feeling a bit foolish too, I mean wtf was the talk about the pricing of the game complaint etc? I would happily pay FULL price for this.

I don't know wtf was going through their heads. Admittedly I don't play many games every year (maybe 4 or 5 tops), but I've played all the big multiplayer games, UT, Halo etc., and in terms of pure fun, this beats all of those hands down.

nofi

Ceb said:
HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT, my stats were wiped after today's downtime. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Plenty of people on the official PS boards are saying the same thing. Madness.

Top Bottom