• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

indie85

Banned
Mine seemed like it was wiped yesterday, today its back. Dont fret about these things until theres some official announcement as to the ranks being reset.

Yixian said:
I don't know wtf was going through their heads. Admittedly I don't play many games every year (maybe 4 or 5 tops), but I've played all the big multiplayer games, UT, Halo etc., and in terms of pure fun, this beats all of those hands down.

I was in the Halo 3 Beta, my first online MP of any kind, and frankly I was a little underimpressed. I saw the genius, but I found the gameplay to be really twitchy. While Warhawk plays a lot faster, the huge maps make me feel like I have more control over my fate. I still hate the server system they chose, but once you get into a good server Warhawk is one of the best games I've played this year.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
marvelharvey said:
PSN ID: MarvelHarveyEuro (sub account, this game only)
GAF Username: marvelharvey
Timezone: Japan (GMT+9)
Server: Ranked and Unranked
The frequent modes: DM, CTF
The sparse modes: ZNS
Max Player: 24
Will usually be on: 8pm-1am (Japan time)

I know of at least 8 GAF people within this region playing Warhawk, so I'm sure there are countless other GAFfers. Might be worth starting a GAFa list for the clan on this side of the planet.

NOTE: I've only 2.5 hours of playtime, so during a battle, don't expect any miracles from me.

I added you to the list. P.M. me your email address so you can edit your server status.

Server id:GAF_JST(#1)

Add Server id and frequent modes with a dash in between for server name. GAF_JST(#1)-CTF/DM

We know have 10 people in the GAF Server List. Keep on posting your server info and don't forget to P.M. me your email address so you can edit your server status.

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
I wonder if it's people not logging off properly and the game thinking they're still attached to the server. I've seen GAFfers on the buddy list in games when they're not even logged onto the PSN...

I think the "global" server has some issues with tracking people's stuff... stats that appear/disappear/are wrong, and the "location" of the players.

I don't think this has something to do with people disconnect unproperly, because most of the time when I check the clan list, it says I'm still in the server I left like 15 minutes before xD

Same with other people. Once I saw TTP and two other GAFers on the same serv, jumped in, and they were already out :p

nofi

Raist said:
I think the "global" server has some issues with tracking people's stuff... stats that appear/disappear/are wrong, and the "location" of the players.

I don't think this has something to do with people disconnect unproperly, because most of the time when I check the clan list, it says I'm still in the server I left like 15 minutes before xD

Same with other people. Once I saw TTP and two other GAFers on the same serv, jumped in, and they were already out :p

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I didn't really (backtrackbacktrack) mean the user logging out, I meant the network logging them out.

Hmm.

spwolf

nofi said:
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I didn't really (backtrackbacktrack) mean the user logging out, I meant the network logging them out.

Hmm.

it is just the main server not getting updated all the time.... only reason for this would be it being overloaded...

nofi

spwolf said:
it is just the main server not getting updated all the time.... only reason for this would be it being overloaded...

Well yesterday TTP said his server was never full, yet it showed 17/20 as being full, so that couldn't have been a result of the delayed server updates. How would that work?

I'm confused.

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
Well yesterday TTP said his server was never full, yet it showed 17/20 as being full, so that couldn't have been a result of the delayed server updates. How would that work?

I'm confused.

I'd like to know if people that said that TTP's server was full tried to join by using the servers list, or if they tried by using a clan members or friends list

spwolf

seems as if SCEE servers are fixed re: update issue... i see 31/32 that I cant join sometimes, but thats prolly because someone else is faster... if it shows me full now, it also shows it in the list later, which wasnt the case before...

spwolf

nofi said:

I'm confused.

thats exactly it - main server tracking servers are getting hammered, so it doesnt keep track of it all properly...

spwolf

spwolf said:
seems as if SCEE servers are fixed re: update issue... i see 31/32 that I cant join sometimes, but thats prolly because someone else is faster... if it shows me full now, it also shows it in the list later, which wasnt the case before...

or maybe not... I think that problem now is that even more players are playing than before, heh... i see 210 servers with >20 players...

lunlunqq

i wont be playing this afternoon so i put up a dedicated practice server for GAFe.

PSN ID: lunlunqq
GAF Username: lunlunqq
Timezone: EST
Server name: GAFe_practice
Password: ohrly
Unranked dedicated server
Game modes: CTF and ZONE.
The max player count: 12.

hope you guys enjoy it.

edit: format...

Raist

Banned
They really need to address those problems ASAP, and most importantly INFORM THE COMMUNITY.

How hard is that ? :/

The game has made an incredible start so far, but if they don't at least tell people what's going on, they will piss many gamers off.

Would be pretty lame to waste this good start like that.

spwolf

Raist said:
They really need to address those problems ASAP, and most importantly INFORM THE COMMUNITY.

How hard is that ? :/

The game has made an incredible start so far, but if they don't at least tell people what's going on, they will piss many gamers off.

Would be pretty lame to waste this good start like that.

umm... us.playstation.com/forums

So i called sony to complain about warhawk and see if they had any usefull information about the freezing and stats etc...

This is what i was told from the sweet lady on the other end...

Sony is realeasing update 1.92 on the 4th (tomorrow) and it will be for usb downloading and game updates to fix some issues. Could be some hope for the freezing issues. And if this info is old, then im sorry.

She also said incog is currently working on the stat/freezing issues and should be releasing something soon (that we already know) but no exact date.

1 thing she said that might fix the freezing problem is to restore your ps3 to defult settings. I doubt that will help but thats all i got from Sony.

I thought id share the info, if this is old news to you all. Im very sorry Cyas on the battlefield!

:)

CapoAheaz

Am I missing something, or is the option not there to only use motion controls for planes and not ground vehicles?

You could do this in the beta. I want to fly with the sixaxis, but I hate driving with it.

Raist said:
Has anything ever been written on the 'announcement' page at the beginning of the game? It's always empty for me, but it would seem the perfect place to write a nice little message, informing all of us of what they're actually doing.

Killthee

spwolf said:

Thanks for posting that.

CapoAheaz said:
Am I missing something, or is the option not there to only use motion controls for planes and not ground vehicles?

You could do this in the beta. I want to fly with the sixaxis, but I hate driving with it.

They removed it and implemented what we have in the retail version when they patched the beta to 1.13.

spwolf

marvelharvey said:
Has anything ever been written on the 'announcement' page at the beginning of the game? It's always empty for me, but it would seem the perfect place to write a nice little message, informing all of us of what they're actually doing.

yeah, but like 2-3 days ago... I am sure they are busy with fixing things...

It can get really hectic when something is not working properly...

Killthee

marvelharvey said:

It has an Incog greeting for me and info about the first 2 server maintenance (already happened and were supposed to fix some of the stats issues).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
I'd like to know if people that said that TTP's server was full tried to join by using the servers list, or if they tried by using a clan members or friends list

I think it also depends on how many people are trying to get in at the same time (17 in + 10 trying to get in = 1 gets in, others get an error message) and also on what's going on in the game (I dont think you can join during the Loading screen for example so u might get a server full error in that case).

CapoAheaz

TTP said:
I think it also depends on how many people are trying to get in at the same time (17 in + 10 trying to get in = 1 gets in, others get an error message) and also on what's going on in the game (I dont think you can join during the Loading screen for example so u might get a server full error in that case).

yeah definitely, just like SOCOM. im still glad they did not do matchmaking though. games are a lot more fun this way.

Raist

Banned
spwolf said:

Yeah so basically, you have to call them to get some answers ?

Sorry but that doesn't sound like community support to me.

The announcement thing ingame is broken, it doesn't work for many people, and when it works, it doesn't say anything useful.

And so far, they haven't really posted on the official boards to inform us.

I guess I've been spoiled by Insomniac's excellent work in this area :p

lunlunqq

Safe Bet said:
Ok...

The stats problem isn't that big of a deal but its starting to bother me that is forgets my good games but not my bad ones...

:|

srsly, that's what exactly happened to me... i had a terrible 0-7 game yesterday and my stat was immediately updated after it. then my next 4 hours of 15-0, 30-4 games were all ignored... i was like >:'(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Raist said:
Yeah so basically, you have to call them to get some answers ?

Sorry but that doesn't sound like community support to me.

The announcement thing ingame is broken, it doesn't work for many people, and when it works, it doesn't say anything useful.

And so far, they haven't really posted on the official boards to inform us.

I guess I've been spoiled by Insomniac's excellent work in this area :p

Eh, it's Labor Day holiday...I wouldn't worry. Now if we get no announcement by tomorrow, then yes, there will be hell to pay.

Safe Bet said:
I'm starting to think the reason you can't join games that show a few spots open is because there are "squatters" on the server.

If the don't respawn at the start of the next game, they are still in the room but the server may not show them on the player count.

That's a guess ofcourse..

You might be on to something there. I didn't have much trouble getting onto Sony's servers for the first few days at least. Were people getting the "full room" error right from the start or did it gradually get worse?

dralla

just put up a dedicated server. just testing the whole thing out. name is GAFe.Mid-Objective. 4 CTF/ 4 Zone, 24 players. sucks you can't have more than 24.

ah nvm, had to take it down since I need to download stuff

Pimpwerx

Stat server was acting up from early this morning. I'm about to get back on for some ranked action, and I hope my stats get tracked. I found a couple servers with weak competition last night (hey, I'm just starting out too) and had a couple nice 10:1 k:d rounds. You can totally tell the people who just got the game too, b/c they sit in the Warhawk going up and down slowly while you still manage to blow them up with simple grenades and a pistol. :lol

I've played BF2, and I love this game more for the reason I thought I would. As difficult as dogfighting may be on the GAF servers (some of you guys are really, REALLY good), flying in this game is about a million times easier than in BF2. I'm actually able to pull air support duty, and I'm still plenty sloppy with the controls. Clearing a chokepoint of an enemy ambush, and then running interference on the flank is just so much nicer in this game. On that note, the maps can be just as obnoxiously long to traverse as some of BF2's. But the Warhawk+boost=anywhere you want to be in about 10 seconds. :D

On-foot questions:
- Are there any other melee weapons besides the knife?
- Is there an easier way to select weapons? Moving my finger from the analog to the d-pad sucks. I know it's probably a gameplay mechanic they wanted but...frowny-face anyway.

Flying questions:
- What is the best anti-personel weapon? I mean for taking out human targets that are on foot.all
- What is the best ground-attack weapon? I mean for taking out jeeps/tanks with consistency and speed.
- Is there any way to carry more than 2 chaff? I mean, seriously. GAF has the worst dogfights for me. I usually grab a plane, haul ass to a waypoint and then bail out before getting blown to bits.

Tech question:
- How do I use my headset?

My Jabra is recognized in the XMB settings menu, and all, but doesn't really seem to work in-game. I sure don't hear my voice, and no one ever seems to respond. I don't see anything in the options menu. It kinda sucks too, b/c I was talking some crazy shit when I first started. PEACE.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
What are the requirements for setting up a Server (As far as Upload speeds?).

I tested my connection from here (Massachusetts, US) to California and was getting

Ping: 93
Upload: 400kb/s

To Italy it was...

Ping: 193
Upload: 400Kb/s

Top Bottom