• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

carlos

I'm gonna take a break for the next couple of days to see if they get their stats act together; same thing here, it remembers my bad games, but then I join a sony dogfight server, come in first place 11 times in a row, and it remembers nothing! :(

anyway, about the binoculars that were mentioned a few pages back, I assume that these are very rare, since I still haven't seen them
(only had them used against me :( )

Raist

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
What are the requirements for setting up a Server (As far as Upload speeds?).

I tested my connection from here (Massachusetts, US) to California and was getting

Ping: 93
Upload: 400kb/s

To Italy it was...

Ping: 193
Upload: 400Kb/s

Just try to set up a server, the game will test your connection and set the max number of players you can host by default.

Judging by your UL speed, I'd say 6-8 max tho

dionysus

Yaldog
GAFw>all-ctf/zones is now up.

Ranked dedicated.

24 players.

I will be around for a bit to boot people if Gaffers need room.

methane47

Pimpwerx said:
Stat server was acting up from early this morning. I'm about to get back on for some ranked action, and I hope my stats get tracked. I found a couple servers with weak competition last night (hey, I'm just starting out too) and had a couple nice 10:1 k:d rounds. You can totally tell the people who just got the game too, b/c they sit in the Warhawk going up and down slowly while you still manage to blow them up with simple grenades and a pistol. :lol

I've played BF2, and I love this game more for the reason I thought I would. As difficult as dogfighting may be on the GAF servers (some of you guys are really, REALLY good), flying in this game is about a million times easier than in BF2. I'm actually able to pull air support duty, and I'm still plenty sloppy with the controls. Clearing a chokepoint of an enemy ambush, and then running interference on the flank is just so much nicer in this game. On that note, the maps can be just as obnoxiously long to traverse as some of BF2's. But the Warhawk+boost=anywhere you want to be in about 10 seconds. :D

On-foot questions:
- Are there any other melee weapons besides the knife?
**NO

- Is there an easier way to select weapons? Moving my finger from the analog to the d-pad sucks. I know it's probably a gameplay mechanic they wanted but...frowny-face anyway.
*you can switch analogs in the settings that way the left analog isn't tied up with the actually movement of the character or plane

Flying questions:
- What is the best anti-personel weapon? I mean for taking out human targets that are on foot.all
*TOW missle

- What is the best ground-attack weapon? I mean for taking out jeeps/tanks with consistency and speed.
*TOW missle

- Is there any way to carry more than 2 chaff? I mean, seriously. GAF has the worst dogfights for me. I usually grab a plane, haul ass to a waypoint and then bail out before getting blown to bits.
*No.. stop complaining.. :D just realize that if CLICK or Yixian are in the air.. LAND

Tech question:
- How do I use my headset?
*Push L3 to talk.. (you can tell if you have the ability to talk because there should be a kind of volume symbol to the left of your name in the upper left corner of the screen

My Jabra is recognized in the XMB settings menu, and all, but doesn't really seem to work in-game. I sure don't hear my voice, and no one ever seems to respond. I don't see anything in the options menu. It kinda sucks too, b/c I was talking some crazy shit when I first started. PEACE.

methane47

Safe Bet said:
There is no need to land if you are being out flown by another pilot, imo

You just need a partner to supply a "safe zone" for you by using the air turrets or rpgs.

When you get in trouble flee to your safe zone.

So true... But Sometimes... when i'm deep in enemy territory.. and I'm really a horrible pilot.. I rather land quick rather than trying to dodge missles enough to get back to saftey...

I know i'm weaksauce :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dionysus said:
wow my server already had a network error.

Thats because your not using the GAF server naming scheme (server id-frequent modes).

Your server name should be GAF_CST(#1)-CTF/ZNS : P

Don't forget to update the status in the server list.

carlos said:
I'm gonna take a break for the next couple of days to see if they get their stats act together; same thing here, it remembers my bad games, but then I join a sony dogfight server, come in first place 11 times in a row, and it remembers nothing! :(

anyway, about the binoculars that were mentioned a few pages back, I assume that these are very rare, since I still haven't seen them
(only had them used against me :( )

Most of those 'lookout towers' have either a sniper rifle or the binocs. Also, most people don't look up until after you've been shooting at them for a while. :D

Anyone from GAFe willing to take control of the clan, delete me from the clan, and invite LJ11 as new head?

I've asked this a couple times but have not gotten any PMs. LJ11 is willing to take over GAFe since my frustration with all of Warhawks server issues and freezes has reached critical mass. I can't enjoy this game until they fix this and I can't see myself running a clan for a game that is irritating me like this.

We need an open spot to fit LJ11 into so someone else will need to take the reigns to delete me and add him.

lunlunqq

Pimpwerx said:
On-foot questions:
- Are there any other melee weapons besides the knife?
NO afaik.

- Is there an easier way to select weapons? Moving my finger from the analog to the d-pad sucks. I know it's probably a gameplay mechanic they wanted but...frowny-face anyway.
its the only way afaik.

Flying questions:
- What is the best anti-personel weapon? I mean for taking out human targets that are on foot.all
- What is the best ground-attack weapon? I mean for taking out jeeps/tanks with consistency and speed.

The best air-to-ground weapon is the TOW missile. There are 2 ways to use it:
First is the long-range mode where you hide your warhawk in a safe place. Then launch it and guide it all the way to your target. this process takes a long time and sometimes is very risky.

Second is my prefered way: the direct hit mode. I usually fly over to a running-away enemy. change to hover mode. quickly aim at the enemy's general direct and release the TOW missile. don't bother guide the missile and it will kills everything including armored targets in a large area with one shot. the whole process won't take more than seconds and you can immediately boost away to safety. just be careful. the TOW is so powerful that it will kills your nearby teammates, too.

dionysus

Yaldog
its back up, and I edited the maps, I didnt't realize the 8-24 maps for zones were retardedly small.

Rebel name: GAFw>all'''ctf/sones

Killthee

dionysus said:
its back up, and I edited the maps, I didnt't realize the 8-24 maps for zones were retardedly small.

Rebel name: GAFw>all'''ctf/sones

Server is extremely laggy bro.

dionysus

Yaldog
Killthee, I give up. Network error again.

Maybe my internet connection isn't stable enough. I don't know, are all player hosted games crashing like this?

Killthee

dionysus said:
Killthee, I give up. Network error again.

Maybe my internet connection isn't stable enough. I don't know, are all player hosted games crashing like this?

My server was on for several hours last night before the system froze and the day before I hosted for 10 hours straight with no crash or freezing...

dionysus said:
Looks like you can take me off the hosting list then....*sigh*

NEVAR!!! Give it one more try tonight or tomorrow. I've had my system get booted because of "Network Error" too.

methane47

Safe Bet said:
And that ladies and gentlemen is why we ALWAYS place mines around the cruise missle spawn...

;)

Ever since those horrible rounds where Yixian and lunq kept using the TOW.. i have been spamming the tow constantly.. No one else usually does it..But.. I'll remember to note that next time I play against some of the elite flyers again...

and MINE up the Tow Spawn.. :D

lunlunqq

methane47 said:
Ever since those horrible rounds where Yixian and lunq kept using the TOW.. i have been spamming the tow constantly.. No one else usually does it..But.. I'll remember to note that next time I play against some of the elite flyers again...

and MINE up the Tow Spawn.. :D

... and dont forget to mine up the mine spawns... hehe

Mmmkay

Wow, that's a freaky server. 90% of the time it wasn't listing who killed who, and I had a ton of occasions where I clearly went to pick up a weapon with nobody around and it didn't give it to me.

Still, oodles of fun guys. :D

calder

Yeah, I had a lot of lag issues with that server too. Some weapons it wouldn't let me pick up, sometimes I'd get a notice about killing someone with a weapon I wasn't using 30 seconds after I thought I shot at them, etc. It was weird though since it didn't have any normal lag shit happening, it seemed like I was playing normally except for not being able to pick up stuff sometimes and the messages being wonky.

Firewire

Banned
Hey guys what up? Just back from the long weekend. Haven't been able to read up on the thread.

How did the GAFe v.s. GAFw showdown go on Saturday night?

Are the server problems fixed, rankings & clan invites?

CaptWinky

thansk for the tip safe bet, I Was using that some last night, really helped just before I went to bed... I look forward to hoping on after a much needed nap

the good news :) I'm a recruit again haha

Steroyd

Great games I got my first medal I think to. \o/

Playing with some of you guys was awesome and makes me die a little inside that there's no party system. :(

cilonen

My buddy from work just created a clan of his own, so I joined up with him; but I'd still like to play with you guys whenever you're not having serious inter-GAF clan matches :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
Great games I got my first medal I think to. \o/

Playing with some of you guys was awesome and makes me die a little inside that there's no party system. :(

Yeah, but we still end up running into eachother online. :p

Good job on that CTF game in badlands. I got the first flag by going solo (while bailing out of the enemy base I dropped mines behind me - that helped :lol) but the second one was 90% yours.

Killthee

Server going online in 5-10 minutes. Will probably stay online for at least a couple of hours...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DoctorWho said:
Someone on here said you couldn't have ranked/locked games but I see one right now.

[ES]PlayStation.com

I think u are seeing things. You cannot add a password to a Ranked server.

Top Bottom