• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DoctorWho said:
I think the whole damned network is screwy right now. Have you seen the server count?

Nope. It's got to be the damned network though, Dionysus was also having issues with his server today. There's probably too many people connecting. Are you guys experiencing any lag?

something's up with their network... game has worked near flawless for me since I've had it, excluding today... now I can't even join a game :/

Killthee

Con said:
My PS3 isn't even connected to a router, just a switch that is connected directly to my fiber connection.

How do I set my PS3 i DMZ mode?

Do you have a firewall? Set the firewall to DMZ the PS3 IP. And you better join the Server list and host 32p games once you get this sorted :D

15/19 of the people in my server are GAF clan members :D

icechai

snack said:
I'm really enjoying this game, however I really don't like feeling like I can't do shit when I am on foot. I always feel like my bullets don't do enough damage, or aren't accurate enough. It always ends up to be a grenade throwing contest. Even when I get the drop on people it doesn't really make a difference because they will just turn around and peg me in the face, while my assault rifle from 10 feet away knocks off an 1/8 of their health.

It's really quite balanced. When I'm on foot I feel like I can setup a blockade or get the drop on tons of people. Mines help a lot, but the main thing is CROUCH AND SHOOT. Unloading 1 clip of my assault rifle on someone usually gets them to 1/8 LEFT of their health or less. This is usually before they have a chance to even throw a grenade. Also rocket launchers are deadly against infantry as well if you angle it right. Firing it to incoming jeeps and jumping out of the way is a great tactic too, followed by some grenades.

FightyF

Banned
Though I'd like to be able to customize my character, I'm not going super crazy as far as ranked games go, because I fear my stats will be wiped out. I think after a good month of patches and fixes things would go back to normal.

Con

Banned
Killthee said:
Do you have a firewall? Set the firewall to DMZ the PS3 IP.

Yep. Sygate Personal Firewall.

Do you think I get the same results by just closing the firewall before i start Warhawk?
I didn't find any DMZ-settings, but I found this and typed in the IP for my PS3:

http://static.pici.se/pictures/FGUDvrHXy.jpg

Killthee said:
And you better join the Server list and host 32p games once you get this sorted :D

To bad I live in Sweden though. The ping would probably be crazy high for you guys. :p

Please can you guys kick someone from the GAF PST server?? Dear God, don't make me resort to playing Lair...

dawson-crying.jpg

...on my PSP!

Killthee

polyh3dron said:
Killthee, is there anyone on there you can kick?

Join Now!!!

Con said:
Yep. Sygate Personal Firewall.

Do you think I get the same results by just closing the firewall before i start Warhawk?
I didn't find any DMZ-settings, but I found this and typed in the IP for my PS3:

http://static.pici.se/pictures/FGUDvrHXy.jpg

To bad I live in Sweden though. The ping would probably be crazy high for you guys. :p

Closing the firewall should set your PS3 in either NAT1 or NAT2 (both are fine). What do you get now with the new settings?

Killthee

polyh3dron said:
You should make it an unranked password server.. it's not like it's actually gonna KEEP the stats from ranked games right now.

I haven't had any issues with my stats recording. It takes forever for them to get posted, but they still get posted.

Have you guys been playing on servers with 15 second intermissions between rounds? The stats take about 25 seconds after a round to sort and send to the central server on my system. Maybe your stats aren't being sent to the central server because the intermission time cuts the stat sending process?

S. L.

Killthee said:
I haven't had any issues with my stats recording. It takes forever for them to get posted, but they still get posted.

Have you guys been playing on servers with 15 second intermissions between rounds? The stats take about 25 seconds after a round to sort and send to the central server on my system. Maybe your stats aren't being sent to the central server because the intermission time cuts the stat sending process?
isn't the intermission time fixed on ranked servers?

Killthee

S. L. said:
isn't the intermission time fixed on ranked servers?

I haven't bothered messing with it yet (I always forget...), but it wasn't in the beta.

Con

Banned
Killthee said:
Closing the firewall should set your PS3 in either NAT1 or NAT2 (both are fine). What do you get now with the new settings?

Same results. :/

I'll try sticking the PS3 TP cable directly to the fiber connection....

Killthee

Con said:
Same results. :/

I'll try sticking the PS3 TP cable directly to the fiber connection....

Should give you NAT 1. If you still get NAT 3, someone higher up in the connection (ISP, Network admin) has the ports blocked.

Killthee

FightyF said:
I agree with the idea of a password, it'll keep the non-gaffers out.

The problem is that ranked servers don't allow passwords and frankly I don't see the point in hosting a dedicated unranked server. Maybe I'll host a password protected player server next time, but I doubt I'll ever host a dedicated unranked server.

Killthee said:

I was Airman 1st class a couple days ago and today I was Recruit all over again and lost all my customization.

S. L.

polyh3dron said:
I was Airman 1st class a couple days ago and today I was Recruit all over again and lost all my customization.
that happend to me a few times too
but the original stats always came back after a bit
so don't worry

Killthee

S. L. said:
so don't worry

Same here. It seems like when the game gets timed out during a profile request that it'll give you this error. When the game is finally able to get a response from the stat server It'll promote you to your proper rank. No biggie, they had a bigger stat bug in the beta IMO (look at somebody else's profile and gain their rank; at one point it seemed like half the people in the beta were viewing Click's profile...)

S. L. said:
so don't worry
yeah it happened to me 2 days ago,also my stats weren`t refreshed up until now,i should be sergeant but it still says i`m a wingman.

indie85

Banned
gah, i finally get into a ranked server and it freezes! NOO. This hasnt happened until tonight, joined a GAF game, froze, tried to join again, froze in joining and then now on a blue server...
I hope this isnt the start of a problem...

indie85

Banned
onadesertedisland said:
I miss the power of the turrets from the beta

the aaa guns suck now. I don't even bother using them.
This, is true, that and the jeeps MG are really crappy, not even worth firing them.

Core407 said:
I tend to just avoid them at all costs. I've managed to shoot a turret with 3 rockets and the thing doesn't even blow up.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. There are a bunch of balancing issues that need to be fixed.

methane47

onadesertedisland said:
I miss the power of the turrets from the beta

the aaa guns suck now. I don't even bother using them..

The flak cannons seem to work fine for me... doesn't take long for a ship to go down.. only problem is I wish it had more range ...

Pallaris

Yup, my PS3 froze too...had to hard reset there. Too bad cause I was having a blast there (apologies to whoever it was I team killed with the jeep)

Sort it out Sony/Warhawk server team....

Killthee

Server crashed/frozed, sorry guys. I'm gonna let the system cool down, I'll probably have it back up at around 9:00 P.M. PST.

methane47

man... this constant crashing has me on the edge of paranoia...

I hope this nonsense doesn't brick my PS3... this is getting rediculous

ndiicm

The turrets on Eucadia blend in so well they are hard to spot and once you realise one is active you are usually dead - for the missle ones anyway.

It was fun playing you guys. My team sucked sorta at dog fighting but it was still fun. Nice playing where the majority of people actually try and play as a team. No idiots in your headset saying idiotic things :)

indie85

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Yeah, that needs to be fixed. There are a bunch of balancing issues that need to be fixed.
They're about as strong as a warhawk, so 5 or so swarm or 2 homing would do it, seems fair imo. For some people, like me, its the only way to get ratbastard warhawks down.

Top Bottom