• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

S. L.

indie85 said:
They're about as strong as a warhawk, so 5 or so swarm or 2 homing would do it, seems fair imo. For some people, like me, its the only way to get ratbastard warhawks down.
i think its fair too
plus they are fairly easy to take out from ground
so all you need is teamwork

Con

Banned
Killthee said:
Should give you NAT 1. If you still get NAT 3, someone higher up in the connection (ISP, Network admin) has the ports blocked.

Gahh, same results even when I plugged it right to the fiber connection. :(
I hope Incognito can patch this problem or something, cause I don't think my ISP is willing to do something about it...

indie85 said:
They're about as strong as a warhawk, so 5 or so swarm or 2 homing would do it, seems fair imo. For some people, like me, its the only way to get ratbastard warhawks down.

Yeah, but they aren't in there and you usually don't know they are manned until it is too late. They have an advantage.

burnfout

In 5 minutes I will start my server: be there cause I am going to bed, so wont be able to kick people:

PSN ID: burnfout
GAF Username: burnfout
Server name: GAF_GMT(#3)
Timezone: GMT +1 ( from midnight to 8 am)
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Ranked
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF + Zones
The sparse modes in your rotation list. Team Deathmatch
The max player count in your server. 8

kay

DoctorWho said:
Yeah, but they aren't in there and you usually don't know they are manned until it is too late. They have an advantage.
I always thought turrets were weak, non moving targets are like gold. In a warhawk/nemesis, the radar is your best friend as you can see any turret. Also using the stealth power up, the yellow missiles and knowing not to fly casually in the centers of the maps are good to practice. Oh yeah, keep low and use pro flight controls.

One thing I've observed in CTF games: Why are people not attacking the invading vehicle immediately?

- You're destroying their escape-with-your-flag vehicle.
- You may kill the driver as well.

Unload your grenades, the map will spawn more and you'll keep your flag safe. Machine gun and pistol are last ditch efforts against a vehicle, use them grenades. Although I managed to take out a Warhawk with my machine gun while my team mates were drawing fire. :D

Also, it's funny how many ground troop teamkills, that aren't accidents (HAY GUY LET ME JUMPS IN FRONT OF UR JEEPS!), happen in this damn game.

I was waiting for invaders near our camp, when my own douchebag team mate ran up and grenaded the shit out of me. Guys. Guys. Get off your 13" Black & White television! Incognito couldn't have made the visual differences between Eucadian and Chernovian troops any more distinct. >:O

spwolf

The Take Out Bandit said:
One thing I've observed in CTF games: Why are people not attacking the invading vehicle immediately?

probably because most of the people had less than 6 days to play the game :).
Give it time, I am sure they will get better at team work, at least we will (GAFu baby!)

kay

4mlx1d3.jpg

I noticed [GAFe]carlos in this video I watched of some gameplay.

Vid is here http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=15645&main=ps

Cap is from PS3용 ''Warhawk™(워호크)' 한글판 온라인 플레이 동영상_HD_03 (HD) or PS3용 ''Warhawk™(워호크)' 한글판 온라인 플레이 동영상_SD_03 (SD) or PS3용 ''Warhawk™(워호크)' 한글판 온라인 플레이 동영상_03 (mp4)

Flo_Evans

Yeah sorry I had to leave.

I must be retarded but I don't see the options to make a server ranked or kick players when I host. Also I seem to be missing the option for dedicated host.

Ceb

Safe Bet said:
Hey guys...

I NEED A PERSON TO TAKE OVER GAFw PLEASE!!!

Learning the game and playing at a competitive level is taking more time than I am willing to give and I feel GAF deserves a leader who is really "in" to the game...

I have tried and tried to enjoy the game but frustration and confusion are what I get, not enjoyment.

There are some really great players in here that would do so much better than me as Clan Leader.

Please don't be afraid to step up.

:D

Safe Bet

I REALLY don't get your complaining about your supposed lack of skills. You're always placing high in the rankings.

Bebpo

Banned
Have there been any server improvement (in terms of getting in a ranked game) in the last day or two? I haven't had the chance to play but I'm thinking of jumping in tonight after studies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bebpo said:
Have there been any server improvement (in terms of getting in a ranked game) in the last day or two? I haven't had the chance to play but I'm thinking of jumping in tonight after studies.

Hell no, its gotten worse IMO.

spwolf

Killthee said:
Hell no, its gotten worse IMO.

SCEE added few more servers, but the problem is that number of players went up by significant amount...

I can still relativly easily find an spot on SCEA servers though, especially dogfight...

dralla

Sony must've had low expectations if they only put up such few servers. Last time I checked the leader boards, there were 70K players

Core407

Banned
spwolf said:
SCEE added few more servers, but the problem is that number of players went up by significant amount...

I can still relativly easily find an spot on SCEA servers though, especially dogfight...

It's tough to find servers when a lot of them won't let you in because your rank is too high. :\

Bebpo

Banned
Guess I'll pass on playing tonight and probably for the next week in hopes this stuff will get sorted out.

Last time I tried playing like 2 days ago it probably took me 20 mins to get into a ranked game and those were all dogfight only. Trying to get into a non-dogfight game was impossible. Also got lag followed by server disconnect on the non-ranked servers I tried :\

spwolf

dralla said:
Sony must've had low expectations if they only put up such few servers. Last time I checked the leader boards, there were 70K players

i dont think any company ever put so much dedicated servers in console game... :D

Here is what the problem is - unlike with Q3A, you can not simply put it on your linux box and run it as server, which is what many ISP's did with PC shooters...

Still, today I saw 1380 servers up...

Yeah at first I was worried that my problems were all because of my weak connection atm, but it seems that is only half the problem... :lol

I couldn't finish a single game last night, server disconnects and network timeouts aplenty!

Core407

Banned
Bebpo said:
Guess I'll pass on playing tonight and probably for the next week in hopes this stuff will get sorted out.

Last time I tried playing like 2 days ago it probably took me 20 mins to get into a ranked game and those were all dogfight only. Trying to get into a non-dogfight game was impossible. Also got lag followed by server disconnect on the non-ranked servers I tried :\

Just check the server names. Usually it'll be a good indication as to what type of game it is. Also, if you do join one, stay in there as when you're into the game, the experience (at least for me) has always been very good. Never been dropped, never had a freeze and lag is never any issue.

Bebpo

Banned
TTP said:
Mine is up and almost empty

GAF_GMT(#2) ranked

What game type?

Avalon said:
I just saw the GT review. This will be my first PS3 game when I get my system next week. :D

Game is the only online game that's hooked me since UT2k4 a bunch of years ago. Awesome when you can actually get on a server and not get dropped!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bebpo said:
What game type?

2 ZONES, 2 CTF and one Dogfight all-vs-all for relaxing purpose :D

Besides, I've noticed that when I play in SCE ranked servers my stats get updated. On the private ones, they dont (or it takes a shitload more time).

Bebpo

Banned
TTP said:
2 ZONES, 2 CTF and one Dogfight all-vs-all for relaxing purpose :D

Hmm....

Do the maps adjust to the size of the players? Because CTF/Zones is fairly pointless with anything under 12 people.

If it's cool maybe you can throw some DM, TDM into that rotation as well :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bebpo said:
Hmm....

Do the maps adjust to the size of the players? Because CTF/Zones is fairly pointless with anything under 12 people.

If it's cool maybe you can throw some DM, TDM into that rotation as well :)

I can only set the map rotation once upon creating the server. I cannot modify the settings. I have to shut it down an create a new one.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just made a server.

Name: NeoGAF_Flyboys
Password:
believe

Ranked Dedicated. All types of games, mostly CTF.

Enjoy!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TONX said:
Just made a server.

Password:
believe

Enjoy!

What's the trick to password a ranked server?

TONX said:
Just made a server.

Password:
believe

Enjoy!

I don't see a server by that name.

My filters are all set to all, and in alphabetical order I see Neobolt followed by NeoGoth.

KGKK

Banned
polyh3dron said:
I don't see a server by that name.

My filters are all set to all, and in alphabetical order I see Neobolt followed by NeoGoth.

How do you get the servers to be in alphabetical order?

KGKK said:
How do you get the servers to be in alphabetical order?

When all servers load, press left on d-pad until you are under server name.

Press Square to sort

Also..

Press R1 to scroll down a room
Press R2 to scroll up a room
Press L1 to go to the top of the room
Press L2 to go to the bottom of the room

Top Bottom