• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Core407

Banned
TTP said:
Keep trying. Game is just stupid. A game just ended. Just 8ppl in.

I don't see it in the serverlist but I do see someone who is in a GAF_GMT(#3) game through the clan friends section.

spwolf

funny that SCEE added more servers in past 2 hours... those guys dont sleep much :)

edit: shit SCEA added a lot too... and all of them are mostly full, lol...

:)

Core407

Banned
Yeah, now I see it. In right now. The (3) one is full (7/8) so that explains why I couldn't join it.

Edit: Can't join anyways. Can't even get a ping reading.

Ashhong

Defuser said:
Woo!!! I haev so much fun repeatedly blasting AshHong out of the sky for the gazillion times with the missile turret.

i hate you. die. ;p i got the tow missile so many times trying to hunt you down, but i couldnt find the damn turret you were shooting from!!!!

and then when i saw u in the sky, u always had some other teammate around and i get my ass kicked :(

KGKK

Banned
Great, it kicks me out saying Networ Error and now I cannot sign into my PSN once again. Yet my laptop and my sisters computer which are both using the same wifi network are working just fine. Just imagine one month from now when majority of the problems will be fixed by Sony, how awesome the game will be. Hopefully Home will be out too so when can have our little pre-game parties:D Also, where the hell is the GAFn clan it, I don't think I have seen them online once.

Core407

Banned
TTP said:

Weird. I can't even get a ping reading which tells me I can't even contact the servers themselves which might explain why I can't join.

Edit: I just got NAT2 setup but I can't logon to the servers.

User 406

Banned
I played a few games on GAF_Click, then mercifully, the server inexplicably shut down. I say mercifully because there were two or three kids on there who would not shut up about how their mom was mad at them and how they didn't have any kills and wanted to work on their rank and blah blah blah blah.

Fortunately in the last game I played there we had some clue on the team who were willing to keep up with maintaining the spawn points so we managed to win handily.

I also had yet another brain fart where I switched red for blue and ended up strafing the living hell out of one of my own team members who was in a really nice sniping position over the enemy base. :X I need some kind of huge neon Sega-ish flashing sign that pops up when I shoot my friends that sez, "YOU'RE SHOOTING YOUR OWN TEAM, RETARD!" He was gracious about it when I apologized.

And that was the fifth time or so I've been recommended for Chief Sergeant, yet here I am with the same amount of points 25-odd short of 2500, just as I have been for two days straight. :p The funny thing is, when I get a new badge, it doesn't repeat itself. I deliberately tried logging back out, logging back in, then doing the requirements again for the now missing badge, and it didn't give it to me. So somehow it's registering that I've earned them, but my profile is still frozen as of two days ago. Weird.

KGKK

Banned
"Network Timeout" GAH!!!! I'm gonna have a smoke and take a crap. When I come back, it better be working dammit!

kay

Sea Manky said:
I played a few games on GAF_Click, then mercifully, the server inexplicably shut down. I say mercifully because there were two or three kids on there who would not shut up about how their mom was mad at them and how they didn't have any kills and wanted to work on their rank and blah blah blah blah.

Fortunately in the last game I played there we had some clue on the team who were willing to keep up with maintaining the spawn points so we managed to win handily.

I also had yet another brain fart where I switched red for blue and ended up strafing the living hell out of one of my own team members who was in a really nice sniping position over the enemy base. :X I need some kind of huge neon Sega-ish flashing sign that pops up when I shoot my friends that sez, "YOU'RE SHOOTING YOUR OWN TEAM, RETARD!" He was gracious about it when I apologized.

And that was the fifth time or so I've been recommended for Chief Sergeant, yet here I am with the same amount of points 25-odd short of 2500, just as I have been for two days straight. :p The funny thing is, when I get a new badge, it doesn't repeat itself. I deliberately tried logging back out, logging back in, then doing the requirements again for the now missing badge, and it didn't give it to me. So somehow it's registering that I've earned them, but my profile is still frozen as of two days ago. Weird.

My stats haven't updated in about 2 days as well, seems to be a problem. In fact, the leaderboards are currently down.

I was in those last two games and took 1st handily both times. :p

lunlunqq

kay said:
My stats haven't updated in about 2 days as well, seems to be a problem. In fact, the leaderboards are currently down.

I was in those last two games and took 1st handily both times. :p

i will give you a tip if you want to have your stat updated... just have terrible games... my stat havent been updated in the past a few days. the only exception is that yesterday after i had an embarrasingly bad game, my stat was updated right away... then it continues to ignore my good games... :(

CaptWinky

just had a few wicked session with kg an sea :)

we condensed this teams D into one spawn point. Birds on all sides of the building firing inside haha I almost felt bad for them.

KGKK

Banned
CaptWinky said:
just had a few wicked session with kg an sea :)

we condensed this teams D into one spawn point. Birds on all sides of the building firing inside haha I almost felt bad for them.

Lol, yeah. I think after that they all got scared and left. Now it's just me and SeaMany in the server:(

icechai

KGKK said:
Lol, yeah. I think after that they all got scared and left. Now it's just me and SeaMany in the server:(

me too for a while, but yeah, no one joining, guess everyone had 4 min players filter on.

KGKK

Banned
DrEvil said:
I would join if the login server weren't down!

Yeah earlier tonight it can't happening to me. Try shutting restarting your PS3 and logging back in. It worked for me so.:D

Aleman

I'm so frustrated right now. First I had the usual problem of not being able to connect to a SCEA server for about ten minutes and now I'm getting > 800 ms lag spikes and my PS3 keeps freezing a couple minutes after I get into a game. And everytime I log in it keeps telling me I've been promoted but it's always the same rank.

OMG WTF!

I cannot sign into Warhawk! >:|

I keep getting a Network Timeout error.

I deleted the game install.

Same error.

Rebooted my modem and router.

Same error.

Anybody got any pointer so I can get my Warhawk on?

Kalren

Safe Bet said:
First or Nothing!!!

;)

All kidding aside, I simply become too frustrated while playing.

I can't lead if I'm screaming "WTF?!?!?!" into the mic constantly.

So...

I NEED A PERSON TO TAKE OVER GAFw PLEASE!!!

Learning the game and playing at a competitive level is taking more time than I am willing to give and I feel GAF deserves a leader who is really "in" to the game...

I have tried and tried to enjoy the game but frustration and confusion are what I get, not enjoyment.

There are some really great players in here that would do so much better than me as Clan Leader.

Please don't be afraid to step up.

:D

Safe Bet

I'm sad to hear that. But I know the feeling. I would consider myself a semi-competative person and 'm finding Warhawk a bit frustrating... especially the air fighting. I know for myself, I haven't played competative online with a console except for a brief stint with SOCOM and find the controller bothersome.

anyways, I hope to see you online still.

Aleman said:
Well whoever takes over GAFw, can you please re-invite me to the clan? :)

Me too, I missed out due to the clan bug. Hopefully this time I get included (yes,i'm on the list).

methane47

Safe Bet said:

I promise to not throw grenades at you anymore if you continue to play

Wowhawk indeed!

Finally got around to playing the game tonight and i happened to get into one of the sacred blue servers. Man Zones is by far the best gametype in the game. A-and i think i just fell in love with the tank. :D

To be honest i never really used it much during my time in the beta. I tried it once but for some reason was struggling with the controls :lol Anyways in this last round i did i hopped in the tank and took over a zone on a bridge by myself and then proceeded to defend it for a good 10 minutes. I racked up tons of kills, badges, and i was #1 on our team and we won!! What a rush!! Its been a while since i haven't been completely schooled in online play (Resistance, Halo, etc)

My only concern was when i left the game i went to my profile and it said i still hadn't played a rank game :( I'm hoping it just hadn't updated yet, and when i log in tomorrow all my badges and stuff will be there *fingers crossed*

Safe Bet said:

So...

Oh please.

On that dogfighting server last night you kept getting up in my ass and firing missiles off. You want to talk about frustration?

Let's hope you never run across me in a dark alley while I'm holding a potato peeler. :p

Probably put a good 10-12 hours over the past couple of days on this game with my cousin. Took me awhile to get used to flight controls, but I've finally picked it up pretty well.

Is there any way you do those crazy barrel rolls in Pro flight mode? It's so much easier dodging homing missiles in non-pro mode due to the auto evade maneuvers, but I prefer the control scheme of pro flight so much more. Non-pro is like having traction control turned on in your car.

freshair

Zones is only fun (for me) when it's cooperative and you have people defending/moving up together. Linking is by far the best/easiest way to keep your zones occupied longer, but a lot of the time people just go off on their own and dogfight. :(
Of course, this never happens on any GAF server though. :D

And I love CTF out of all the modes. I could play that foreverrrrrrrr.

KGKK

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Aw hell, we were dominating that last game on GAF something or other before it went down. Nice flying with you guys. :D

Yeah that last zone game, we are killing them all as they spawned at their base. Also, I had just laid land mines at their base point so I was ready for my kills to come in :D. Too bad the server went down. I think I'm gonna call it a night for tonight, first day of school tomorrow eventhough I always skip my first week of school, I still have to get up, make breakfast/lunch for my sisters and brother and drop them all off at school so. Have a good night people.

Top Bottom