• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

methane47

I think CTF is my favorite mode... not because its more fun than zones... its more because I usually rack up ~130 points with like 20-30 kills... just from defense.. but I hardly actually win...

It is also the mode that I start punching myself over .... like.. "WTF is That nnooob doing GLDFjslkfjalskd asd"

User 406

Banned
greatestjediever said:
Is there any way you do those crazy barrel rolls in Pro flight mode? It's so much easier dodging homing missiles in non-pro mode due to the auto evade maneuvers, but I prefer the control scheme of pro flight so much more. Non-pro is like having traction control turned on in your car.

Don't worry about doing those pretty yet stupid barrel rolls. To lose missile lock, boost and roll side to side and pitch hard up and down. Once you learn the rhythm, it's pretty easy. I've evaded lock on a whole row of swarmers without a scratch. The only missiles I really fear anymore are the turrets. Maybe I should start using chaff when I see two locks. :X

Core407

Banned
methane47 said:
I think CTF is my favorite mode... not because its more fun than zones... its more because I usually rack up ~130 points with like 20-30 kills... just from defense.. but I hardly actually win...

It is also the mode that I start punching myself over .... like.. "WTF is That nnooob doing GLDFjslkfjalskd asd"

Yeah, I've noticed CTF games yield ridiculously high points. I could win a TDM game and only get like 20 point while I can come in 3rd in a CTF match and get 80 points.

User 406

Banned
Yay, still an eternal Sergeant. :p I'm done for this evening so I'll be setting up GAF_EST(#1) CTF/ZNS in a few minutes. Hop on while it's clear.

Edit: It's up.

Sea Manky said:
Yay, still an eternal Sergeant. :p I'm done for this evening so I'll be setting up GAF_EST(#1) CTF/ZNS in a few minutes. Hop on while it's clear.

joining

edit: Or not. Fuckin network timeout bs

Sea Manky said:

Connected!

thanks man, this is the only ranked server i can get in to!

arcader

Banned
2 things;

1.) my stats and customization upgrades got reset some time this weekend :(

2.) Where is the obvious PSN store release of the PSOne Warhawk to go along with this?

Im gonna set up a 24 player room once my download is done. (I'm at school so the upload is awesome but the download sucks so it wont be up for about 20 mins)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Broadbandito said:
Im gonna set up a 24 player room once my download is done. (I'm at school so the upload is awesome but the download sucks so it wont be up for about 20 mins)

Post your server info so I can add you to the GAF Server Status List and P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights so you can edit the status of your server.

PSN ID:
GAF Username:
Timezone:
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both?
The frequent modes in your rotation list.
The sparse modes in your rotation list.
The max player count in your server.

PSN ID: Broadbandit
GAF Username: Broadbandito
Timezone: Central
Is your server going to be mostly Ranked,Unranked, or Both? Ranked
The frequent modes in your rotation list. CTF/ZONES
The sparse modes in your rotation list. TDM
The max player count in your server. 24

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Anyone having trouble getting into Warhawk since FW 1.92? I don't if it's related, but I'm getting network timeouts when I try to login with Warhawk.

kaching said:
Anyone having trouble getting into Warhawk since FW 1.92? I don't if it's related, but I'm getting network timeouts when I try to login with Warhawk.

same, just restarted my ps3 to see if anything will change, will update in a min

Edit: yea I was able to log in after restarting.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kaching said:

Maybe because there are still people logged on with 1.91? Dunno, but it'll be sorted out tomorrow most likely.

Bebpo

Banned
methane47 said:

In CTF I get like 5 points and my team loses everytime or the scores are 0/0 the whole game.

I hate CTF in this game :(

I score pretty high and sometimes even first or second in DM or TDM. I like when the focus is on thinking up creative ways to surprise and kill the other players, versus running for a flag and trying to drive it back without dying.

lunlunqq

I cant log into Warhawk anymore after the FW update... my PSN is running OK and i can go to the PSN store. in Warhawk when i click "online" the User agreement can be load but then it will give me an network timeout error... is this happening to anyone else? or it's just me that got fucked... :(

Greg

lunlunqq said:
I cant log into Warhawk anymore after the FW update... my PSN is running OK and i can go to the PSN store. in Warhawk when i click "online" the User agreement can be load but then it will give me an network timeout error... is this happening to anyone else? or it's just me that got fucked... :(
Sony forgot to update their Warhawk servers with the new firmware. :lol

DeadCell

Broadbandito said:
GAF-CST(CTF/ZNS) max 24 players is up now! I will be playing in about 10-20 mins, going outside for a bit.
Figures, my first crash is my first GAF game.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Killthee

Servers Up! You know the drill.

oO_SR_Panda_Oo_by_pacman23-1.jpg

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

90% chance of getting kicked if you don't have GAF tag or don't post your PSN ID before joining...

Killthee said:

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

90% chance of getting kicked if you don't have GAF tag or don't post your PSN ID before joining...

I'll rename my server correctly when it goes down for next time.

Killthee

calder said:
i think 1.92 fixed the Warhawk clan glitch
i just logged in and got my GAFw invite :D

back to the fray !

Nope, Safe dropped out. I managed to send out two invites (one was yours) before the bug popped back up.

lunlunqq

Killthee said:

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

Ranked
20 people max

thx a ton for hosting.

edit: sorry, wrong server.

Well I saw my first glitcher tonight.

You know those three / four tower turrets in the desert stage? The one with the ladder on the side and the turret.

Well some dude seemingly popped through the ceiling when I ran into the room. I was like WTF?

So I watched before spawning and he was jumping into the left side of the wall untill he floated up onto one of the rafters and crouched there waiting to drop down and knife anyone who entered.

A few days out and glitchers already, damn!

Raist

Banned
Just a quick request to people that are not part of a GAF clan yet

Please post your PSN ID in the Online / Matchup forum thread if you want to join servers created by GAF users.

I'll make a spreadsheet with your GAF nick + PSN ID.
Will be easier for server hosts to just check this list when they want to ban people from their serv, instead of posting on the official thread and waiting for an answer.
Will be easier for you to dodge the kick hammer, too.

Killthee said:

If your server is going to be up for a while longer, I suppose I may join. PSN is IamMattFox.

nofi

The Take Out Bandit said:
Well I saw my first glitcher tonight.

You know those three / four tower turrets in the desert stage? The one with the ladder on the side and the turret.

Well some dude seemingly popped through the ceiling when I ran into the room. I was like WTF?

So I watched before spawning and he was jumping into the left side of the wall untill he floated up onto one of the rafters and crouched there waiting to drop down and knife anyone who entered.

A few days out and glitchers already, damn!

That sucks. Get out the bi-noc-u-lars.

nofi

Ceb said:
I REALLY don't get your complaining about your supposed lack of skills. You're always placing high in the rankings.

I think I was in the game yesterday when he was saying this over the mic (sorry for my lack of skills, thought it best just to sit on the base with rockets) and he sounded pretty confident he'd had enough.

Avellon

Was 1.92 supposed to do something for warhawk? My stats still don't update and I have been at the same point amount for 3 days or so after playing many games. In some games, when I start a match, the rank next to my health will be the correct, current one, but when I score some kills I'll get badges I've already gotten and it will say I've advanced to rank Airman First Class and my rank by my name (which was Wingman) will drop down to airman first class. This has still been happening after I updated to 1.92 tonight.

Its really frustrating to play and all my points I've earned not do anything.

Yixian

Banned
They really need to fix scoring on CTF. Defenders can rack up huge scores with far less effort than an attacker.

Place a mine by the flag, chill in the background until some poor bastard has fought his way over the entire map, dodging turrets, grabbed the flag, dodged gunfire all the way to a jeep, and then boom, he dies. The defender goes and stands by the flag for a few seconds, and boom -

Defender has 11 points for that.

Attacker has 5.

What.

The.

Fuck...

I just had a game where some guy called Turregan did exactly that the entire game, only he didn't even bother to plant mines, he just waited for other people to take down the carrier and then stood by the flag. He had 0 combat points, 0 flag captures, and 100-and-something team points... so that's all he did. He came first for doing that. I captured the flag twice and he came first, for standing by the fucking flag, 10 times.

KGKK

Banned
Avellon said:
Was 1.92 supposed to do something for warhawk? My stats still don't update and I have been at the same point amount for 3 days or so after playing many games. In some games, when I start a match, the rank next to my health will be the correct, current one, but when I score some kills I'll get badges I've already gotten and it will say I've advanced to rank Airman First Class and my rank by my name (which was Wingman) will drop down to airman first class. This has still been happening after I updated to 1.92 tonight.

Its really frustrating to play and all my points I've earned not do anything.

I know what you mean. I noticed ingame that I went down from Cheif Sergeant to Airman and was getting badges I already had. I wonder if they will count though since I did also get a lot I did not have before. Hopefully they do count:D Anyways after I was done playing, I checked my stats and I was Chief Sergeant again and my stats were the same as 2 days ago.

Anyhow, good game tonight fellas. Thanks as always for hosting the server Killthee.

nofi

Yixian said:
They really need to fix scoring on CTF. Defenders can rack up huge scores with far less effort than an attacker.

Place a mine by the flag, chill in the background until some poor bastard has fought his way over the entire map, dodging turrets, grabbed the flag, dodged gunfire all the way to a jeep, and then boom, he dies. The defender goes and stands by the flag for a few seconds, and boom -

Attacker has 5.

Dunno, you can assume people will mine the bases and flags, I was trying to last night. A quick blast with the binoculars from someone supporting will deal with that.

Yixian

Banned
nofi said:
Dunno, you can assume people will mine the bases and flags, I was trying to last night. A quick blast with the binoculars from someone supporting will deal with that.

10 points for saving the flag is waaay to steep though. You don't even have to be the guy that killed the flag carrier.

It should be 5 for grabbing the flag, 5 for killing the flag carrier, 2 for saving the flag.

KGKK

Banned
Yixian said:

Attacker has 5.

I just had a game where some guy called Turregan did exactly that the entire game, only he didn't even bother to plant mines, he just waited for other people to take down the carrier and then stood by the flag. He had 0 combat points, 0 flag captures, and 100-and-something team points... so that's all he did. He came first for doing that. I captured the flag twice and he came first, for standing by the fucking flag, 10 times.

Actually it is not that hard to get to the flag, all you need to do is hop into a Warhawk, boost it to somewhere near the flag, land and get off, equip the knife and Solid Snake it to the flag. If the defender racks up points, then usually he knows what he is doing and is good at it.

nofi

Yixian said:
10 points for saving the flag is waaay to steep though. You don't even have to be the guy that killed the flag carrier.

I don't disagree, what I'm saying is that it's easy enough to ensure your way to the flag is clear, especially if you're not alone.

You're waaaay better at this than me though, so I'm probably talking bollocks.

Yixian

Banned
KGKK said:
Actually it is not that hard to get to the flag

Depending on the map it can be easier or harder. Eucadia is a piece of piss for example.

But pick up mine, drop mine, wait, is never harder...

I wouldn't mind equal points even, but 10 points versus 5 points is just... what was Incog thinking?

nofi said:
I don't disagree, what I'm saying is that it's easy enough to ensure your way to the flag is clear, especially if you're not alone.

You're waaaay better at this than me though, so I'm probably talking bollocks.

That's true, you can find ways to clear the way, but I don't think we're rewarded enough for that. 5 points for the preparation, grabbing the flag, getting to a jeep, getting past the tank that is invariably waiting at the gates, possibly getting all the way to the other end of the map before being taken out, still only buys you 5 points.

That's another thing, you should have points for how long you hold the flag or something, because if you drop it even a meter from your own flag, some other dude picks it up and scores 25 while you've still got your measly 5.

I'm ranting, but that game with Tarregen was so lame, he literally did nothing but stand by the flag. He didn't kill a single person, he didn't grab or capture the flag once, he just chilled at base until someone else's mine took out the carrier then went and got 10 free points for it.

Top Bottom