• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Raist

Banned
Killthee said:
64 is the official limit, but the real limit is 30 ATM (theres a bug in the game that won't allow you to send more than 30 invites; how the f did they miss this when they upped the limit?). As for the GameFAQ's thing, :lol I didn't even think about that one (it stands for south BTW and it has no relation to the members location). As for getting this shit sorted out, I absolutely agree and would love to do this, but I can't. We need people who will lead and organize the clans for the foreseeable future (there's only so much I can do by myself), we need more people added to the GAF server list, but mostly we need Incog. to patch this shit up (that means no more invite bugs, lost stat tracking, network errors, timeout errors, and game full errors).

Your server list link is broken mate :eek:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
rc213 said:
[/IMG]http://m1.freeshare.us/173fs592932.jpg[/IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOO! Finally, Thank you Circuit City, Screw you EBgames.

/Hugs Amex Rewards...

Good luck trying to login :D

Cerebral Palsy said:
My stats haven't updated since the day Warhawk came out and I've been playing on nothing but ranked servers. What gives?

The stat servers are f'ed up. Incog. is aware of the issue and has a team working on fixing it.

Raist said:
Your server list link is broken mate :eek:

Thanks; fixed. P.M. me your email address so I can give you editing rights to the spreadsheets.

Server List link

Firewire

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
My stats haven't updated since the day Warhawk came out and I've been playing on nothing but ranked servers. What gives?

Incognito is aware & is working hard at fixing the problem. Be patient & practice.....

h3ro

rc213 said:
173fs592932.jpg

Great sheets :D

Killthee

rc213 said:
=C

I see that I am listed under GAFw on the roster so whenever the invite issues is fixed, I hope I get an invite.

If I'm still leading, It'll be the first thing I do when I hear that they've fixed it ; )

The best solution for now would be for a GAFw member to create a temp. GAFw II so that the remaining members can get GAF tags.

kay

Seems I was right, it is the host causing the freezes because it happened to more than 1 person. Official servers should have little to no freezes but they don't update at all when you refresh on one of them (the SCEA/SCEE ones are bugged)

Hmm maybe if servers are constantly getting "refresh" packets they just ignore them?

Raist

Banned
Have people from europe experienced any freezing ?

Because I never had any crash or freezing (most annoying problem I had was getting stuck while climbing a ladder several times in the same game), spwolf hasn't either... EU ftw ?

spwolf

Raist said:

Because I never had any crash or freezing (most annoying problem I had was getting stuck while climbing a ladder several times in the same game), spwolf hasn't either... EU ftw ?

well i got american launch PS3 and warhawk from US PSN store :p

It might be that my bosnian DSL connection is simply superior :)

Mmmkay

Raist said:

I've had 1 crash so far.

Aleman

kay said:
Seems I was right, it is the host causing the freezes because it happened to more than 1 person. Official servers should have little to no freezes but they don't update at all when you refresh on one of them (the SCEA/SCEE ones are bugged)

Hmm maybe if servers are constantly getting "refresh" packets they just ignore them?

I've had several freezes in official SCEA servers too :(

Raist said:

I just froze up twice trying to get onto one of the GAF servers. First time though, now I'm getting the Network time-out error. Going to try again.

Totally OT but the PS3 web browser sucks.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, I suck at Warhawking. But you put me in a tank and I make shit happen. =D

Ashhong

man is there still no fix? this sucks. i dont know if its related, but i did the network test right now, and the UPnP comes up as Not Available. I dont know what it was before, but maybe this is some kind of firewall issue?

Raist

Banned
Ashhong said:
man is there still no fix? this sucks. i dont know if its related, but i did the network test right now, and the UPnP comes up as Not Available. I dont know what it was before, but maybe this is some kind of firewall issue?

This just means that your router isn't plug and play. It stricly has no effect though, the only important thing is to have at least a NAT 2.

Ashhong

I have Nat 3...theres a message that says chat and communications may be restricted, but ive had no problems so far. am i ok? stupid thing wont log in though.

From BuddyC's article...

The director also mentioned an upcoming fix for the player drop issue, which, according to a later posting on the official PlayStation forums, will be implemented during server maintenance tomorrow between 5 AM and 7 AM PDT.

Raist

Banned
Ashhong said:
I have Nat 3...theres a message that says chat and communications may be restricted, but ive had no problems so far. am i ok? stupid thing wont log in though.

IIRC you may experience problems with gameplay, not only voice chat.

Set your PS3's IP as DMZ or just forward the needed ports to your PS3.

Here's the list

TCP 80 HTTP standard (web browsing)
TCP 443 HTTPS standard (secure web browsing)
TCP 5223 Secure Jabber (online chat)
UDP 3478 STUN (?)
UDP 3479 STUN (?)
UDP 3658 Playstation Network

Ashhong

Raist said:
IIRC you may experience problems with gameplay, not only voice chat.

Set your PS3's IP as DMZ or just forward the needed ports to your PS3.

Here's the list

TCP 80 HTTP standard (web browsing)
TCP 443 HTTPS standard (secure web browsing)
TCP 5223 Secure Jabber (online chat)
UDP 3478 STUN (?)
UDP 3479 STUN (?)
UDP 3658 Playstation Network

I have no more spots left on my router settings to forward the PS3 :( How do I go about the DMZ? I don't even know what that is..

And how are you guys getting past the network timeout on the login screen? Just keep trying?

kay

Ashhong said:
I have no more spots left on my router settings to forward the PS3 :( How do I go about the DMZ? I don't even know what that is..

And how are you guys getting past the network timeout on the login screen? Just keep trying?
What network timeout? It works fine for me so the problem is on your end.

Flo_Evans

can't join GAF_east so I set up a player server.

GAF_CST(1)-CTF/ZONE

ah I see now to set up a ranked server it has to be dedicated. :(

oh well come play for fun! :D

Ashhong said:

What kind of router do you have?

Usually, you have to give your PS3 a static IP within your network and then find the option to set the DMZ for a certain IP and you set it to the IP you gave the PS3.

Jtrizzy

yeah I have upnp not available as well. I have the Linksys WRT546 like many others hooked up to a linksys modem , but upnp doesn't work...I don't even know what that does though. I am at NAT 2 so gameplay is fine, but the voice chat is pretty crappy at times...

I am using a shared internet connection with my laptop...I ran ip config /all and put in the ip address into the dmz...

anything I could be doing differently to improve voice chat? How much would buying a wireless adapter be? (I got an incredible deal on a 20 gig)

Jtrizzy said:
yeah I have upnp not available as well. I have the Linksys WRT546 like many others hooked up to a linksys modem , but upnp doesn't work...I don't even know what that does though. I am at NAT 2 so gameplay is fine, but the voice chat is pretty crappy at times...

I am using a shared internet connection with my laptop...I ran ip config /all and put in the ip address into the dmz...

anything I could be doing differently to improve voice chat? How much would buying a wireless adapter be? (I got an incredible deal on a 20 gig)

I think the subpar voice chat is Warhawk's fault... Do you have Resistance? Voice chat should be spectacular on that.

Nos_G said:
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but a single shot to the cockpit of a warhawk with the sniper rifle will cause it to go BOOM!

I was doing it all day yesterday on a ranked Sony server and a few times in that GAFe game. :D

I would play, but I'm getting ready for work :(
I do that a lot. My friend, who plays with me on split screen does it way better than me. Most of his kills are sniper shots.

Killthee

kay said:
What network timeout? It works fine for me so the problem is on your end.

The login servers are giving out a lot of network errors (timeout error to be specific), the problem is in Incogs. end.

Jtrizzy said:

UPnP basically allows a device in the network to communicate to the router what ports it needs open. If the router also supports UPnP it will open and close said port when the device sends the signal.

Ashhong

narcosis219 said:
What kind of router do you have?

Usually, you have to give your PS3 a static IP within your network and then find the option to set the DMZ for a certain IP and you set it to the IP you gave the PS3.

I got the usual Linksys WRT54G and a Linksys modem. Connected wirelessly. Can I ask that you explain how to do give my PS3 a static IP and such? Thankss :D

rc213

Ashhong said:
I got the usual Linksys WRT54G and a Linksys modem. Connected wirelessly. Can I ask that you explain how to do give my PS3 a static IP and such? Thankss :D

Is the login ip for your router 192.168.1.1?

kay

Killthee said:
The login servers are giving out a lot of network errors (timeout error to be specific), the problem is in Incogs. end.
I only had the error when the firmware update was released and that was when the whole Warhawk network was down. I can log in no problem right now. It can't be just Incognito's end.

rc213

Man, What kind of upload do you need to create a server with a decent user size? I just tried and it allowed me to create a 8 player server on my ELITE SBC 6000/768 line. :lol

Jtrizzy

I can't figure out why it says it's unavailable...I think I have it set up in the DMZ--at least enough to get to Nat 2...Since I'm using the shared connection, I think the ps3 has the same ip address as the computer.

rc213

Jtrizzy said:

Make sure you PS3 has a static ip and not using DHCP or else the DMZ is useless because the ip will change.

rc213

Jtrizzy said:
that would an option in the PS3 network set up, correct?

Yes, Like if your Router's setup page is entered using the IP 192.168.1.1 like they all do when default then your PS3 could be setup with the Static IP 192.168.1.2 (Add this IP to the DMZ Page).

First you have to change your PS3 from DHCP to a Static IP. Go into the network settings of your PS3 and change it to Manual and use the IP: 192.168.1.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Router: 192.168.1.1, Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1, Secondary DNS: 192.168.1.1. Then go back to your Router and erase the port forwarding and just add 192.168.1.2 to DMZ. Test and it should work.

Or just forward the ports to the Static IP if your DMZ is already in use for like a X360.

Make you do port forwarding or dmz not both at the same time. You could also try the ports listed in the user guide. Forward the ports to the Static IP you give your PS3.

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

User 406

Banned
Looks like karma has caught up with me. For the last few days I've been having very little trouble with getting on and getting in games, but now I'm getting the perpetual network timeout error. :(

GAME EXPERIENCE MAY NOT EXIST DURING ONLINE PLAY

mintylurb

kaching said:
Yeah the ones on the list that Unholy gave me that haven't gotten invites are ones I got "user doesn't exist" for. I can try sending invites to them again since some of them may not have had the game at the time. I'll hold a spot for Unholy though, like you suggested.

mintylurb, I did try to add you earlier - you were one of the "user doesn't exist" people. Sounds like you hadn't gotten the game yet when I sent the invite. I'll try again
Heya, yeah I just got the game yesterday. Anyway, I just logged in a few mins ago to see if I got an invite but don't see one yet ;o

Top Bottom