• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

CSSer

Kevar said:
someone explain the click thing to me, i'm mildly curious.

Crackerman16, otherwise known as Click, was a casuality of a Wii Sales thread. I think he was permabanned too. He played quite a bit of games during the beta, and pretty much led the leaderboards in most stats. I think he had more than 10000 points more than the next person in total points, me. He's also a member of the Resistance clan.

edit: Here's the leaderboards a few hours before the server shutdown.
Warhawk_beta_leaderboards.jpg

Firewire

Banned
CSSer said:
Crackerman16, otherwise known as Click, was a casuality of a Wii Sales thread. I think he was permabanned too. He played quite a bit of games during the beta, and pretty much led the leaderboards in most stats. I think he had more than 10000 points more than the next person in total points, me. He's also a member of the Resistance clan.

Wii fit will do that to people. It's really a shame.

PleoMax

Banned
I think i already replied on the PS3, but i don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Add me to the Gaf clan for this game : Max Pleo (Psn)

PleoMax

Banned
If this game has a decent sniper, watch out, my trigger is too ill bitch. I'll be taking out warhawk pilots with that thing.

Funny story, playing the demo for Battlefield on the 360, i snipped the pilot of the chopter, straight in the head through the glass, and he fell down the chopter.

Would be cool if i could snipe pilots in warhawk.

Firewire

Banned
PleoMax said:
I think i already replied on the PS3, but i don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Add me to the Gaf clan for this game : Max Pleo (Psn)

Give us your timezone & location. And what clan you want into!
GAFe (EST) GAFw or GAFe (Euro)

PleoMax

Banned
Firewire said:
Give us your timezone & location. And what clan you want into!
GAFe (EST) GAFw or GAFe (Euro)

GMT (?) Lisbon (Same timezone as London)

And i my alliances lie within Euro Gafe, even thought i'll be able to play with EST gafe till college starts, because i don't sleep...i wait.

Wollan said:

Hehe, man, good shit.

Captain N

anyone doing to be doing any GAF videos? I think it'd be awesome if we had some good videos from all of the games played this holiday on GAF. Of course mainly just the multiplayer games.

Firewire

Banned
General Question

About friend invites, if you receive & accept a friend invite from someone do you automatically show up on their (the invitee) friends list? Or do you have to actually have to send a friend request back to show up on their list?

Just curios?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Captain N said:
My PSN name is Captain_N and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be on day one if anyone wants some easy kills.

I need a timezone (if you're in CST or MST I need to know which clan you'd prefer as well).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Firewire said:
General Question

About friend invites, if you receive & accept a friend invite from someone do you automatically show up on their (the invitee) friends list? Or do you have to actually have to send a friend request back to show up on their list?

Just curios?

If you accept a friend request, your both automatically added to each others list. If you delete it, the invitation is deleted on your list and the pending response is deleted on the other end.

Firewire

Banned
Killthee said:
If you accept a friend request, your both automatically added to each others list. If you delete it, the invitation is deleted on your list and the pending response is deleted on the other end.

Cool thanx, I just wasn't exactly sure!

Firewire

Banned
About the the PSM score for Warhawk...

"For those PS3 fans disappointed with PSM's latest Warhawk review, you will find this interesting:

PSM: Independent PlayStation Magazine, Future US Inc.’s leading publication devoted to coverage of Sony’s console, has appointed Rob Smith as Editor In Chief. Prior to his position as Associate Publisher for both magazines, Smith contributed as Associate Publisher of Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) and before that, as Editor In Chief of the publication."

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=9820700&postcount=45

No conspiracy theory here, buts thats a bit weird!

Mifune

Mehmber
Firewire said:

"For those PS3 fans disappointed with PSM's latest Warhawk review, you will find this interesting:

PSM: Independent PlayStation Magazine, Future US Inc.’s leading publication devoted to coverage of Sony’s console, has appointed Rob Smith as Editor In Chief. Prior to his position as Associate Publisher for both magazines, Smith contributed as Associate Publisher of Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) and before that, as Editor In Chief of the publication."

Why is that weird? Believe it or not, most journalists aren't slobbering fanboys.

Tideas

Banned
Firewire said:

they gave Lair a 5. It's an xbot in disguise ;)

dabig2

Wollan said:
I wouldn't worry about any reviews. The full game was proven in June.

Pretty much. The review is an anomaly. You've got tons of opinions, the ones that matter the most, that are largely positive.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I predict another Resistance (press: bad, players: awesome)

Press seriously doesn't have a clue about how to properly review games anymore. Expecially online games which require quite a bit of testing in a populated environment (which you can hardly find when there are just a bunch of jurnos online with the review code).

I was lucky enough to partecipate to the beta so when the review code arrived all I had to do was check improvements and whatnot for my review.

Gave the game a top score of course :)

Snah

Banned
TTP said:
I predict another Resistance (press: bad, players: awesome)

Press seriously doesn't have a clue about how to properly review games anymore. Expecially online games which require quite a bit of testing in a populated environment (which you can hardly find when there are just a bunch of jurnos around with the review code).

I was lucky enough to partecipate to the beta so when the review code arrived all I had to do was check improvements and whatnot for my review.

Gave the game a top score of course :)

I don't think Resistance got bad press. I think that it was overshadowed by the press that Gears of War received, though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Snah said:
I don't think Resistance got bad press. I think that it was overshadowed by the press that Gears of War received, though.

Yeah, bad is probably not the best word to describe it, but sure it didn't get the prize it deserved (and still does). I do agree Gears had an impact on Resistance perception.

Snah

Banned
This is true. I think the press did not adequately play the multiplayer component of Resistance , which may have knocked down the scores a few points. Otherwise, it still received low 9.0's.

I'd personally rank Resistance over Gears due to the multiplayer component, but most reviewers seemed to go 'ga ga' over Gears' graphics.

Well, if I can still be added to the EST clan... my PSN is BlackGoku03.

Can't wait for this game... will be getting 12:01 on the 21st.

Yixian

Banned
I was in the top 100 so I guess my poster is headed to some unsuspected US family whose address I randomly stole off the internet to make an American PSN account.

So there's Clicky boy, as suspected. Click you bastard, if you're reading this, I know how you got that top spot: land mines, guided missiles and air strikes. I swear to god you never killed anyone any other way :p That's right bitch, I'll be on your ass come launch day ;)

the_id

Guys, what are the pros and cons of the Retail (mortar and brick) and PSN version of the game? it'll be nice if someone could make and add it to the OP.

I'm trying to decide which one is better: the one with the headset or the PSN one? i've already got a headset but i also like the idea of having a disc version.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I'm not getting this game - but can you guys add "Greg" to the GAF East clan. He's on a short hiatus (week ban) from GAF. Sorry if it's already mentioned.

Steroyd

the_id said:
Guys, what are the pros and cons of the Retail (mortar and brick) and PSN version of the game? it'll be nice if someone could make and add it to the OP.

I'm trying to decide which one is better: the one with the headset or the PSN one? i've already got a headset but i also like the idea of having a disc version.

It boils down to PSN version you can get now, Retail version you can get later with headset.

Oh and being comfortable of having a full game on your hard drive.

Grayman

the_id said:

-retail needs the disc in the drive. psn doesn't
-if you live outside of the US PSN might be better priced. This is the killer point for me. There is a big chance that the game will be a little over 40 dollars on PSN but will be 69.99 at retail.

-retail can spawn 32 player lan games from one copy. psn can't
-retail gives you all the nice physical stuff and has some movies on the blu ray.

CSSer

the_id said:

The main differences are the sharing aspects. Since the game is purchased off of the PSN store, you'll probably be able to share the game with your friends like all other PSN games, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. For the Blu-ray version, it'll be useful during LAN parties where other people don't have Warhawk. You can use the ghost feature so that you only need one person with the disc to play the game with others. I think you do this with up to 5 ps3's too (not sure if it's the full 8).

You also need the Blu-ray disc in your ps3 to play the game. Aside from that, there aren't any differences. Loading times (about 5 seconds) are the same because it caches some data to the hard drive.

the_id

thanks...i want to get this game but it'll be 3 weeks into september before i can play if i get the retail version...the the bummer for me. oh well, GAFe better not kick me out!

CSSer

the_id said:
thanks...i want to get this game but it'll be 3 weeks into september before i can play if i get the retail version...the the bummer for me. oh well, GAFe better not kick me out!

If you're in Europe, you can buy the same headset (Jabra BT125) on amazon.co.uk for less than 20 bucks. Hence, you might even save some money if you go for that and the PSN version (£19.99).

nofi

CSSer said:
If you're in Europe, you can buy the same headset (Jabra BT125) on amazon.co.uk for less than 20 bucks. Hence, you might even save some money if you go for that and the PSN version (£19.99).

I'm buying both. PSN version from the US store on the 29th, and then the Retail version from a shop mid September when it's out over here.

Plus a headset, I guess, before the 29th.

I R FANBOY.

Trevelyan

Banned
My timezone and whatnot are already on the spreadsheet, but if somehow the information is relevant, I'm in Orlando, Florida. :lol

This next week can't go by fast enough damnit>.<

CSSer

They're pretty balanced for the most part. I think you can only snipe warhawks if they're in hover mode, but I don't really remember because I rarely sniped during the beta.

There are some ways for infantry to take out vehicles/warhawks. If you're infantry, and want to take out a warhawk, use the anti-air turrets or rocket launcher to take them out. If you're infantry and want to take out a tank, mine it up or use a flamethrower to burn it in 3 seconds.
As for the beta, the pistol was overpowered, and was actually more powerful than the rifle. They said they fixed that, but that wasn't in time during the beta. Tanks don't really stand a chance against warhawks, unless they have a teammate with a rocket launcher with them, or if the warhawk pilot is terrible and gets shot by the tank.

Trevelyan

Banned
CSSer said:
They're pretty balanced for the most part. I think you can only snipe warhawks if they're in hover mode, but I don't really remember because I rarely sniped during the beta.

There are some ways for infantry to take out vehicles/warhawks. If you're infantry, and want to take out a warhawk, use the anti-air turrets or rocket launcher to take them out. If you're infantry and want to take out a tank, mine it up or use a flamethrower to burn it in 3 seconds.
As for the beta, the pistol was overpowered, and was actually more powerful than the rifle. They said they fixed that, but that wasn't in time during the beta. Tanks don't really stand a chance against warhawks, unless they have a teammate with a rocket launcher with them, or if the warhawk pilot is terrible and gets shot by the tank.

I can't wait for the rifle fix, because in beta, I was pretty damn decent at taking out Warhawk's with them, although it did take about 2 clips. As for sniper rifles I recall that 2 well-placed shots will take down a Warhawk, not sure if any of that has been changed though.

Grayman

As long as vehicles aren't as godly as in BF2 i'll be happy! Anti Tank class my ass, i killed more soldiers with the rocket launcher than vehicles :lol

justjohn

how do you even review a game like warhawk. dont the reviewers need the full online experience to get a better feel of the game? something that is lacking since the game isnt out yet?

Top Bottom