• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Grayman

justjohn said:
how do you even review a game like warhawk. dont the reviewers need the full online experience to get a better feel of the game? something that is lacking since the game isnt out yet?
They get to play it against each other and consider that enough to do that job.

I brought up a similar issue in a thread about game journalism and asked why things aren't rereviewed as the community changes and patches appear. A really good answer I was told was that it's better suited to a fan site and they would do a better job at it. After it comes out check around that or check forums; gaf or even that faq site are a good place to start if there is no dedicated one. From my experience with Metal Gear(I had it online halfway through the first day) it takes a few days or a week before you can get good impressions about playstyles and some more advanced tactics. With warhawk this won't be as big of an issue because the public beta was fairly big so play will advance to a stable point really quickly.

Killthee said:
Okay guys here's the new time zone clan list. I really think we should just make a "GAF" clan a month after the release with all the competitive players from all the time zones. BTW Safe Bet, UnholySpectacle, and whoever is going to be the EU leader PM me your email addresses so I can add you as collaborators in the spread sheet.

Here is the list of the people who I need more info from.
I'm missing time zones for most of these people or they're in either CST or MST and I need to know what clan they prefer (East or West).

DOUBLE CHECK MY WORK. I'm sure it's filled with mistakes and typos, so double check it. If you find an error, post in this thread in bold letters "ERROR:".

P.S. You guys suck for switching to time zone clans in the middle of the night X_X

I would like to be in the GAFw clan! Here's my complete info again.

GAF - PSN - TIMEZONE - Specific Location
gketter DarkKnight77 CST Dallas, TX

pswii60

Firewire said:
About the the PSM score for Warhawk...

"For those PS3 fans disappointed with PSM's latest Warhawk review, you will find this interesting:

PSM: Independent PlayStation Magazine, Future US Inc.’s leading publication devoted to coverage of Sony’s console, has appointed Rob Smith as Editor In Chief. Prior to his position as Associate Publisher for both magazines, Smith contributed as Associate Publisher of Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) and before that, as Editor In Chief of the publication."

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=9820700&postcount=45

No conspiracy theory here, buts thats a bit weird!

Did Rob Smith even review the game though?

Anyway, reviews are just one man's view. I never got invited in to the BETA, but I'll still be getting it.

Hammerhai

6,5 of 10 Points, too bad!

Neue Wertungen des 'PlayStation Magazine'

21.08.07 - Hier sind neue Wertungen des amerikanischen 'PlayStation Magazine' (PSM). Maximal werden 10 Punkte vergeben.

Lair (PS3, Factor 5): 5,0
Warhawk (PS3, Sony): 6,5
All-Pro Football 2K8 (PS3, 2K Sports): 8,0

Q:Gamefront

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Beatbox said:
Don't forget that you can sell the retail version if you don't like it or get bored with it.

The hate is strong with you, efertlis. :lol

Firewire

Banned
Warhawk: Confirmed PSN & Retail Release Dates

"This is now confirmed for PSN release on August 28 for £19.99 UK or €29.99. The Blu-ray/Jabra headset bundle will follow at retail on September 21 for
£39.99."

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=556

Looks like the whole of Europe, will get the blu ray version no earlier than the 21st of Sept.
I know its says UK specifically, but I can't imagine any other regions getting it earlier.
Was the 21st the date for N.Z. or was it latter?

Peeete

Hey, I wonder, if anyone would be willing to help me to get Warhawk. I live in thailand and i don't have a credit card, so I won't get the game until the playstation cards come out, if they ever come out.

Now I thought about the following way, which shouldn't have any risk for any of you and is also not any kind of piracy. I'll send you the money for the game first per Paypal, after that i give you my log-in info for PSN. You log in my account and put the money in my wallet, take out your credit card information again, and finished.

So would it be possible to do it that way or did i oversee sth.?

If possible, please help me, I was playing the beta and I would die, if I know, the game's already out, but i can't play only cause i don't have a stupid credit card...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
belvedere said:

Belvedere-Belvedere-CST-Saint Louis, MO

I need to know whether you'd like to join the East clan or the West clan.

In fact I still need to know this info from the following people:

krypt0nian
Aleman
Leehom
acevans2

I need to know whether Dizzan would like to join GAF West or Euro.

I need to know the timezone (and their preference of either East or West if they live in MST or CST) of the following people:

JB1981
sk3tch
Mifune
justjohn
Yixian
Darobga
GeoramA
spwolf
rubso
Thunderbear
J-Rzez
DemonSwordsman
Sirolf
jda1977
typoEDR

And We need a clan leader for Euro GAF.

Aalyx

Firewire said:
Looks like the whole of Europe, will get the blu ray version no earlier than the 21st of Sept.
I know its says UK specifically, but I can't imagine any other regions getting it earlier.
Was the 21st the date for N.Z. or was it latter?
Oh crap, 3 weeks later? Might have to "pick up" the PSN version then.

gcubed

Hammerhai said:
6,5 of 10 Points, too bad!

Neue Wertungen des 'PlayStation Magazine'

21.08.07 - Hier sind neue Wertungen des amerikanischen 'PlayStation Magazine' (PSM). Maximal werden 10 Punkte vergeben.

Lair (PS3, Factor 5): 5,0
Warhawk (PS3, Sony): 6,5
All-Pro Football 2K8 (PS3, 2K Sports): 8,0

Q:Gamefront

wait wait wait, APF2k8 scored higher then Warhawk?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DCharlie said:
DCharlie - Japanese time (no idea what the official zone is called)

Which clan is going to work best for you? Euro GAF (GMT), West GAF (GMT -8), or East GAF (GMT -5)?

Yixian

Banned
Killthee said:
I need to know the timezone (and their preference of either East or West if they live in MST or CST) of the following people:

GMT (London)

I might not pick it up day 1, as I ordered Bioshock and Lair a week or two ago, and was unable to cancel the latter.

Jim

Only a few days before we can finally play the best damn multiplayer game of the year again:

Jim - Jimb0 (0 = zero) - EST - New Yawk

Jim said:
Only a few days before we can finally play the best damn multiplayer game of the year again:

Jim - Jimb0 (0 = zero) - EST - New Yawk

Damn, I did not know you were in NY Jim. Good to see your name in red again.

Jeff-DSA

I may want in. I didn't get a chance to play the Beta, and I will probably only get to play casually, but I'd love to fly with you guys when I get the chance. I'll be picking the game up day 1.

WTFing

Banned
Someone know how many gigs the PSN version will be?
Someone know the exact time when WARHAWK will be available on the 28th?
ahhhahahah just joking on this one

nofi

Bugnology said:
Someone know how many gigs the PSN version will be?
Someone know the exact time when WARHAWK will be available on the 28th?
ahhhahahah just joking on this one

It's 800 meg.

calder

It's a very compressed 800 megs, but unlike most games it won't uncompress to the full ~2gigs of data it has when you install it. It stays compressed on your PS3 and the game only uncompresses the stuff it needs before each level... well according to that half-understood Dylan Jobe podcast interview anyway.

nofi

calder said:
It's a very compressed 800 megs, but unlike most games it won't uncompress to the full ~2gigs of data it has when you install it. It stays compressed on your PS3 and the game only uncompresses the stuff it needs before each level... well according to that half-understood Dylan Jobe podcast interview anyway.

Ah, right, cool. Short on space, you see.

And bandwidth. Dammit.

Isn't 6.5 extremely low? Even for a crappy review? oO I mean, from what I've been reading from the beta players it seemed like a 8+ game. And for 30€.

Is PSM that magazine that once had a Gears ad?

Dante

Scores don't really matter given that everyone who beta tested it loved it. They could have given it a 3, I was sold on everybody's reactions in the Beta thread.

Just in case I was missed

Jenovah
West Coast
San Francisco

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Isn't 6.5 extremely low? Even for a crappy review? oO I mean, from what I've been reading from the beta players it seemed like a 8+ game. And for 30€.

Is PSM that magazine that once had a Gears ad?

Not sure, but I think OXM & PSM are owned by the same publishing group.
Does anyone know, out of curiosity? Again no conspiracy theories here, so don't start that
stuff please!

No_Style

FootNinja said:
Didn't bioshock get like a 5 and a 6 in 2 reviews?

Reviews shouldn't be a deciding factor ever. The beta was amazing this game rox :)

From SDF? I do agree that one or two less than favourable reviews should not spoil the party, but if it grows to 5 or 6 reviews... I think any budget concious gamer should take another look at it.
Not for Lair, though. The game can receive like 7 10s from the most respected sites and I would not look at that flying blob of brown..

I was in the beta. It was good, but I never felt the urge to pursue it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is the Warhawk servers up yet? I'm thinking because of the review, since its a pure online game, how did they review it? I know it has LAN option too, but that isnt quite as fun i'd say unless you have alot of friends playing it.

No_Style

test_account said:
Is the Warhawk servers up yet? I'm thinking because of the review, since its a pure online game, how did they review it? I know it has LAN option too, but that isnt quite as fun i'd say unless you have alot of friends playing it.

Edit: It looks like Grayman answered your question.

Firewire

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Looks like GAFe may be full depending on the pending folks.

Already?

Did Killthee update the numbers again? He gave out numbers yesterday, and I think I forgot to thank him for the work he's putting into this.

Killthee Thanx for all the great work organizing this!:D

UnholySpectacle Thanx for heading up GAFe!:D

Top Bottom