• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

_RT_

Stupid question, but now that stats seem fixed I have to ask.
If I quit a 30 minute game do I lose stats from that game? Do you have to actually finish the map and then leave to get the points?

burnfout

Steroyd said:
I would like to apologize for this atrocious spelling it happens every now and then when I post on my PS3. :/

What would be a good Gaf meetup time for Warhawk 6PM GMT on the weekends would be ideal for me how about everyone else?

6 PM GMT sounds good.

User 406

Banned
CSSer said:
Just logout, quit the game, restart the game, and go back to your profile. Then, go back another screen and it'll say you've increased your rank back to whatever rank you were previously at. You might have the whole thing a few times.

I've had success by just cancelling out of the profile and then selecting profile again without going back to the main menu or quitting. The other day I had to do it four times, but it eventually worked. Also if you do it this way, you don't lose your customizations.

freshair said:
Boooo. TK-ed twice after inches away of capping the flag. >:[

One I had the flag, made it back to base, and immediately got knifed by a teammate who took the flag. Our flag was out of the base, so I waited, and as soon as our flag got returned, I knifed the guy back, took the flag, and scored. I don't give a damn if I get the points, but I sure as hell am not going to reward that kind of behavior. I'm thinking next time I get teamkilled for the flag, I'll just switch teams and continuously hunt the fucker down until he quits. I also need to start making a list of offenders.

I was in a CTF game on Archipelago a couple days back where almost everyone was team killing to get the flag. Once one of our guys got it, several of our own team would swarm around him trying to kill him and get it. The carrier had to run from both the enemy and his own team and therefore it took forever to actually score. Ridiculous.

spwolf

_RT_ said:
Stupid question, but now that stats seem fixed I have to ask.
If I quit a 30 minute game do I lose stats from that game? Do you have to actually finish the map and then leave to get the points?

no you do not, it is server based, server sends it to Sony servers...

also, even if you werent able to "see" stats yesterdays, they were being recorded (i noticed mine got updated overnight)...

Oni Jazar

Sea Manky said:
Hey Oni and Calder, where were you playing? I didn't see any GAF servers up, so I got into some SCEA servers. Finally found a team worth fighting with, and we kicked some ass for a while. Saw dark10x in my gunsight a few times too. :p

We were just playing on a random CTF SCEA server. Med1 Lvl3 I think. I saw your game first and tried to join but it was full. :/

User 406

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
We were just playing on a random CTF SCEA server. Med1 Lvl3 I think. I saw your game first and tried to join but it was full. :/

Sony needs to get some in game messaging set up. :| In the meantime, I'm thinking of trying to get in the habit of using my laptop to refresh this thread between rounds. Maybe we should set up a GAF warhawk IRC channel?

S. L.

spwolf said:
no you do not, it is server based, server sends it to Sony servers...

also, even if you werent able to "see" stats yesterdays, they were being recorded (i noticed mine got updated overnight)...
mine didn't :(
i earned a warhawk excellence medal yesterday while the stats server was down, and it doesnt show up now, stuff i earned after when the stat server was back, shows up thou ;_;

other than that, how fucking hard can it be to write some working netcode for statserver communication?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
salesage: dont know if it was posted, ******** says warhawk sold 100,000 in the first week combined download and retail and thats US only. Seems pretty decent for an online-only game.

Aleman

Small quibble but capturing a flag in the 32 player games should be worth far more than 30 points (maybe 100?), especially since one cap wins the game. Right now you get wayyyy more points by defending than attacking and it causes a disproportionate amount of people to defend.

spwolf

Aleman said:
Small quibble but capturing a flag in the 32 player games should be worth far more than 30 points (maybe 100?), especially since one cap wins the game. Right now you get wayyyy more points by defending than attacking and it causes a disproportionate amount of people to defend.

yep... everyne is defeding now :)... they need to lower the bonuses for defending for sure, in the mean time, i will level up like click and others :p

Ragnarok10

Frustrating Warhawk session this morning:

1) Still no stats from the dozen times I've played this game over the last few weeks.
2) Played CTF for the 15 min before work this morning. Was leading the game in points when the server (SCEA official) crashed. Got no points. Argh!

ndiicm

Aleman said:

That and the original flag handler should get points as well. The one that actually gets it out of the enemy base. I love team work and honestly usually don't care who gets the points but when I'm playing with a team of idiots since there is no party system then I start to count points more.

Nos_G

Just a quick note about stats, if you go to profile and it times out, keep refreshing it until you get your current rank back.

Otherwise you are going to keep that recruit status.

spwolf

Nos_G said:
Just a quick note about stats, if you go to profile and it times out, keep refreshing it until you get your current rank back.

Otherwise you are going to keep that recruit status.

you didnt lose anything, server just times out...

Aleman

ndiicm said:
That and the original flag handler should get points as well. The one that actually gets it out of the enemy base. I love team work and honestly usually don't care who gets the points but when I'm playing with a team of idiots since there is no party system then I start to count points more.

Maybe they could give a variable amount of points based on distance traveled with the flag or something?

calder

ndiicm said:
I also love it when the team wins but... I'll admit in that hard-fought 1-0 victory my team had last night I was the one who cleared out 3 mines, killed a guy defending the flag then grabbed the flag and ran it through 2 defender, out to the jeep I had parked on Destroyed Capitol, bailed on a flaming jeep twice and got the flag most of the way to our base. When I was finally blowed up I was pumped my teammates pulled it together enough to scramble the flag a few times *and* get some AA on the inevitable 3 enemy warhawks hovering trying to kill the flag carrier (amazing how often ppl don't do that incredibly simple thing). But hearing the guy who picked up the flag and ran it 50 meters into our empty building yelling "WHO THE KING? ME BABY!" did have me rolling my eyes a bit.

A few points for getting the flag that far would have been nice, and I'm not sure how they count points for killing enemies attacking your flag carrier if at all but a few extra pts there would be nice. While clueless teammates dogfight over fuck all in an empty corner of the map rewarding the ppl who actively guard the carrier would be a good idea.

And seriously, I've started firmly asking teammates to focus on the enemy warhawks when trying to guard returning flag carriers. Even lately I see a half dozen guys running around shooting at a few enemies on foot, totally ignoring the stationary warhawks 30 feet above the flag carrier hammering away. :lol Best thing to do sometimes is take an extra 10 seconds getting to the fight, finding a warhawk of your own and focusing on the enemy fliers. pick up an extra 5 cluster missiles and you can probably either kill or at least chase away the enemy warhawks in only a few seconds.

Baker

Banned
ndiicm said:

Agreed. I was playing the large version (32) of Eucadia last night. I single handedly got the flag from their base to the bridge right before ours. I finally died just to see a teammate pick it up and drive it 100% in the opposite direction of our base.

Also agreed, it's a lot more tempting to defend your flag and end the match with >150 points than trying to capture the whole time and end with 50.

Yixian

Banned
I haven't played in about a week. Logged in just now and saw my stats have been wiped. I don't know why, and I can't be bothered to rank up again.

Bleh.

Steroyd

whoa we lost spwolf and Defuser I repeat we lost Defuser and spwolf.

So no objections to Warhawk on Sat & Sun at 6PM GMT? Now we just need a regular server name so we can add it to our favourites and it'll stick.

EekTheKat

so disappointing, I had the best game I've ever played not count while I was playing on a ranked server :lol

22kills, 4 deaths - it was one of the few times I felt like I was genuinely kicking ass in the game.

Steroyd said:
whoa we lost spwolf and Defuser I repeat we lost Defuser and spwolf.

So no objections to Warhawk on Sat & Sun at 6PM GMT? Now we just need a regular server name so we can add it to our favourites and it'll stick.

Yeah, that's a good time for me.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
AltogetherAndrews said:
So did they just not ship a lot of hard copies of the game? I'm still waiting on mine from Gamefly, but it's still in Very Low supply. :(

Probably they though that a multilayer only game would not sale more than a said amount. Right now probably its hitting them in the ass manufacturing more. :D

Madman

AltogetherAndrews said:
So did they just not ship a lot of hard copies of the game? I'm still waiting on mine from Gamefly, but it's still in Very Low supply. :(
Probably very little were shipped. Reasons:

No TV advertisements.

PSN version came out first.

PSN version is cheaper.

Firewire

Banned
Elbrain said:
Probably they though that a multilayer only game would not sale more than a said amount. Right now probably its hitting them in the ass manufacturing more. :D

A buddy is looking for the blu ray version, and hasn't had any luck at all. Most EB games in my area are sold out.

Greg

I know it's an online-only game, but has their been any advertisements for the game on tv?

Everyone I've shown the game to have been completely blown away - a few clips of gameplay in the form a commercial would be pretty damn effective.

Planes, jeeps, tanks, flamethrowers, explosions - that alone sells people. :lol

Madman

Greg said:
I know it's an online-only game, but has their been any advertisements for the game on tv?

Everyone I've shown the game to have been completely blown away - a few clips of gameplay in the form a commercial would be pretty damn effective.

Planes, jeeps, tanks, flamethrowers, explosions - that alone sells people. :lol
I thought the same thing. This and Lair could have had INCREDIBLE commercials, since both games lend themseles to it. I assume it was budget reasons. The game was probably over budget a long time ago, and marketing would have just put it deeper in debt. It sucks, but I guess that just how things go.

Raist

Banned
Ok, I think I'll just stop trying to play CTF or Zones games with random people.

Capture a flag and scream for support ? They'll just continue having their deathmatch fun. Going for the key zone to capture ? They'll just dogfight. Sigh :/

edit : If you guys feel like playing in non ranked, I can set up a pass locked serv if you want.

_RT_ said:
Stupid question, but now that stats seem fixed I

stats seem fixed? haha... STATS SEEM FIXED? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHUO@WGIOWGEOWG

at least I finally got the invite to GAFsouth.

Hope you guys are ok with the Cursed Airman on your team. :(

Granted that my TV watching is largely limited to Nickelodeon during the day, but even while watching typical "gamer target" channels, I've yet to see a Warhawk commercial. Sony has really dropped the ball on advertising games. I really hope they have figured out a solid, consistent marketing approach by the time Uncharted and Ratchet hit.

garrickk

GlitchHawk!

I played in a Zone game on Island Outpost last night where a Cloaked Warhawk was still firing machine guns and missiles at infantry on the ground. I could not lock on with a rocket launcher. After 15 seconds or so of trying and waiting, his cloak wore off and I shot him down with a lock-on.

Do you think Incognito has the human power and desire to combat exploits and griefers?

Top Bottom