• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

The stealth is time limited for 100 seconds, although you shouldn't be able to fire missiles while stealthed.

Good games with freethought and pharmacy Zones is much more fun when even just a couple of people know what they're doing. :lol

Ragnarok10

Some network issues in Warhawk are yet to be fixed, but the folks from Incognito Entertainment are hard at work in hunting down all the bugs. They could use some slack though, as word has it that only six people are currently working for the company. A poster from NeoGAF forums claims he received a private message (PM) from a former Incognito employee who shed light on what's going on behind Warhawk's battlelines.

According to the message, Incognito took several losses starting eight months ago. In one instance, 12-15 people supposedly jumped ship to another development studio when Scott Campbell and David Jaffe formed Eat, Sleep, Play. Soon after, around 30 people moved to Salt Lake City's Disney Studio.

As of today, only Dylan Jobe, Bruce Woodward, Evan Christiansen, Lars Devore, John Crocker, and Nate Robins are left to maintain Warhawk. Three of them are programmers and two are animators. The man who was supposed to be the lead network programmer, Kirk Baum, left one week before the game went gold.

"About a year ago there were close to 70 employees there," stated the supposed message from the former Incognito person. Having only six people to work on a gigantic online game sounds like a feasible excuse for network problems, but without further confirmation, we'll have to tag this under rumor.
http://ps3.qj.net/Rumor-Incognito-now-running-with-only-six-people/pg/49/aid/102029

garrickk

Raist said:
Huh, did they nerf the knife ?

Been hitting sevral people with it, and yet they didn't die <_<
The few times I've tried to snipe for long periods or spam the binoculars, someone has put a knife in my back and took me down with one hit.

Ragnarok10 said:
Yeah, this came from GAF but should be repeated constantly.

They should get cut some slack for releasing a buggy game without the people to fix it in a timely manner (and maybe not at all without a network programmer who is up to speed)?

Steroyd said:
The stealth is time limited for 100 seconds, although you shouldn't be able to fire missiles while stealthed.
The guy in the hawk shot missiles and machine guns for at least 15 seconds while in stealth. Neither should happen. Glitch or exploit? Anyone else seen this?

Steroyd

garrickk said:
The few times I've tried to snipe for long periods or spam the binoculars, someone has put a knife in my back and took me down with one hit.

That's because you're standing still.

Moving targets are a bitch and I always lose in a knife fight.

Oh I see what you mean.

Pharmacy

Banned
Steroyd said:

Good games with freethought and pharmacy Zones is much more fun when even just a couple of people know what they're doing. :lol

True, its good to finally to play with some GAF members!

I was close to muting that match though, DUDE HAVE YOU GOT TEKKEN?! every fucking second

Steroyd

Pharmacy said:
True, its good to finally to play with some GAF members!

I was close to muting that match though, DUDE HAVE YOU GOT TEKKEN?! every fucking second

There was some guy who kept talking, and I was thinking when the hell is the ten seconds up, infact I was impressed he held down R3 for as long as he did.

WTF happened to the fucking game!

I was out for a week, and next thing you know, everyone is playing like complete assholes!

Everyone is team-killing. Killing for the flag in a ranked server! How fucked up can that be...

No teamwork, nothing...

I wanna play in GAF servers... SCEA servers are full of teamkillers :(

shagg_187 said:

I was out for a week, and next thing you know, everyone is playing like complete assholes!

Everyone is team-killing. Killing for the flag in a ranked server! How fucked up can that be...

No teamwork, nothing...

on the contrary for me.
I've actually had some great teamwork moments recently w/ the jeeps and tanks.

The only time I have problems is when I get in a rocket-turret and assholes on my team blow me up so they can get a chance to get in it. -_-

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
shagg_187 said:

No teamwork, nothing...

I noticed this on Sunday night. I had one match where it was fun, and then it went all downhill from there. This happened in BF2 when the demo first came out. They will go away eventually (I hope).

Pharmacy

Banned
Steroyd said:
There was some guy who kept talking, and I was thinking when the hell is the ten seconds up, infact I was impressed he held down R3 for as long as he did.

I'm actually scared to talk in case I ruin my image of being the coolest poster ever

Evenings your usual time Steroyd?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
shagg_187 said:

No teamwork, nothing...

Yep for some reason more people have got the being pricks bug and hording all the points thats just how they are best thing to do is ignore their ass and when they need help leave them to die.

User 406

Banned
Yay, just ran into more CTF teamkillers. One idiot kept trying to shoot me with his pistol.

The way some of these guys go back and forth killing each other for the flag, I have to wonder what their post-game points look like. Negative hundreds? :X

I haven't seen a gaffer in a game in ages, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

Pimpwerx

Sea Manky said:
Yay, just ran into more CTF teamkillers. One idiot kept trying to shoot me with his pistol.

The way some of these guys go back and forth killing each other for the flag, I have to wonder what their post-game points look like. Negative hundreds? :X

I haven't seen a gaffer in a game in ages, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!
Folding@Home....seriously. :( Actually, I'm about to fire Wowhawk up and get my game on in about 20 minutes. PEACE.

TheJollyCorner said:
He seemed concerned with his name revealed having negative consequences on his current situation.

Of course he should be concerned, he essentially let previously confidential information known about an issue affecting his previous employer. Would you be able to trust this person in a management position when asked to keep a secret?

Yo Jay, you game for Chohawk tonight? And you gonna bring Migsy along?

Just received my copy from TrU.com, but I think I'm gonna return it. Has TrU never heard of SHIPPING BOXES? This thing is all fukkin jacked up.

Firewire

Banned
shagg_187 said:

No teamwork, nothing...

There are just allot of people that don't know how to play the game properly. So they go on f'n retarded killing spree's yelling like hell into there mics along the way!
This is the reason I don't play Zone,CTF or even regular DTM. Right now I stick to Dog Fights. When things get organized & I can play with people that know what there doing I'll play the other formats.

h3ro

I can't game with these idiots anymore! I hope they make a party system or fix the clan problem pronto because I'm sick of gaming with morons who don't know the rules to the matches or go around team killing.
I'm going to go finish off Odin Sphere and FF XII and give all four of the Incognito workers a chance to get everything sorted out.
From now on, GAF server games only! :D

dralla

ugh now my game is freezing. I think WH has become a stop-game for me. i'll probably be moving onto other games soon unless they completly revamp the interface.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've had some issues with ppl tking me not on purpose, but bc they are dumb. That's even worse than purposeful tking. If I am in a knife fight with some guy, DON'T FARKING USE THE FLAMETHROWER ON BOTH OF US.

carlos

Same here; my stats haven't been back since sept. 8 and I've been a recruit since then; today briefly my rank went back to wingman, but with zero stats; now its back to recruit and zeros all around :(

Nice games there, sea mankey :)

edit:
Heh, there's a gaf east server and there's no one from gaf there; full of 31 other random people....anyway, if they ever get the clan issues sorted out, Gafe should be unstoppable

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Manky and Wasabi both kept tag-teaming me earlier *Hmpff*

*sulks*

User 406

Banned
Yeah, those were some great games, and that OUTRUNNING A HUGE FUCKING FIREBALL OF EXPLODING TANKS AND JEEPS AND WARHAWKS right near the end of that last CTF match was the most spectacular thing I've ever been in, ever. So nice to be in a game with multiple gaffers again. <3 <3 <3

calder

Uhm, do you get the bandit 4x4 for running over guys or killing them with the 4x4's gun? If it's the gun how the freaking heck am I supposed to machine gun 5 guys IAR when getting just one is a miracle!? I could swear I ran down like 7 guys in my jeep in this ranked DM server I've been slumming in. :( :(

At least I got the WH aerial and a few more I needed.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Sea Manky said:
Yeah, those were some great games, and that OUTRUNNING A HUGE FUCKING FIREBALL OF EXPLODING TANKS AND JEEPS AND WARHAWKS right near the end of that last CTF match was the most spectacular thing I've ever been in, ever. So nice to be in a game with multiple gaffers again. <3 <3 <3

That was absolutely mental :D

I got in a tank with about 1 hit left one it, jumped out and had it explode 2 secs later, then EVERYTHING just seemed to go BANG and there was debris and explosions everywhere, I kept wondering "why am I not dead yet" only to survive the carnage and get shot by you.

Getting hit by Wasabi 1 second after lining his cockpit up in the sniper sights was also one of the most infuriating moments yet, nearly had a controller thru TV episode haha :p

User 406

Banned
ndiicm said:
Are you or any other gaffers gonna be on it. I have some time to kill till the womens fifa worldcup matches.

I can't, I'm running it as ranked dedicated. I just leave it on overnight for people to play on. :X

Yeah Vennt, when I managed to get the flag the first time, there was no transport around, so I figured I'd run as far as I could, then OH SHIT A TANK then a warhawk tipped it to the side so it couldn't hit me and I was tossing grenades and there's two jeeps trying to run me over and more exploding tanks and warhawks and I can't BELIEVE I'm still alive and I manage to run along the edge of two of those big rock pillars to avoid the jeeps until I finally get gunned down.

Then I respawn quickly nearby, run back down to the battle and EVEN MORE shit is just piling up, everything is exploding all around, the flag gets dropped and I pick it up again and there's another tank but it's on fire and my grenade kills it and explosion after explosion and I'm still alive debris raining out of the sky from dead warhawks and BOOM I'M DEAD.

At that point there was hardly anyone left alive in the area and the guy who got the flag got it safely in.

Man, I need a cigarette.

User 406

Banned
calder said:
Uhm, do you get the bandit 4x4 for running over guys or killing them with the 4x4's gun? If it's the gun how the freaking heck am I supposed to machine gun 5 guys IAR when getting just one is a miracle!? I could swear I ran down like 7 guys in my jeep in this ranked DM server I've been slumming in. :( :(

At least I got the WH aerial and a few more I needed.

I got it by running people over. I think the machine gun counts too. Best way to get that badge and the transport ribbons is to get in a small stage deathmatch game with a dozen people or so, and just drive around trying to run people over. I managed to get 25 roadkills in a round that way.

calder

Sea Manky said:
Then I respawn quickly nearby, run back down to the battle and EVEN MORE shit is just piling up, everything is exploding all around, the flag gets dropped and I pick it up again and there's another tank but it's on fire and my grenade kills it and explosion after explosion and I'm still alive debris raining out of the sky from dead warhawks and BOOM I'M DEAD.
That just about perfectly encapsulates Warhawk's insane CTF when 2 evenly matched teams working (at least somewhat) well together goes at it. :D I think it's the most frenetic and fun CTF I've ever played, even ahead of LM-CTF and the huge other Quake era mods. Sounds like you guys had a good time, I was as I mentioned pissing around in DM servers trying to awards. Wish I'd skipped it and looked for you guys.

And, whew on the bandit 4x4. I'm sure I got more than 5 guys that round but didn't get the badge (I did get a vehicle combat badge) but if it didn't count it than I least I know playing a plain DM server will work next time. As soon as I get that badge I go up like 3 ranks

calder said:
And, whew on the bandit 4x4. I'm sure I got more than 5 guys that round but didn't get the badge (I did get a vehicle combat badge) but if it didn't count it than I least I know playing a plain DM server will work next time. As soon as I get that badge I go up like 3 ranks
Yeah, that badge is total BS. The best way to get it is in badlands, cause everyone converges to the center base.

Vennt: oh c'mon, give me some credit! I wasn't about to stand still for too long! Miguel and I both yelled "it's Vennt!" and then "Let's get 'im!"

TToB: read my note! SKS Warhawk Tuesdays.

BTW, now that we do not have beef with GAFw (if it still exists), GAFe be ready!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Probably already posted, but we're getting firmware 1.93 to fix with the recent network glitches either tomorrow at midnight or next week. Woo!

Top Bottom