• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Ragnarok10

justjohn said:
is it just me or is it really scary watching someone run after you with a knife, with the that creepy noise it makes making:lol
psycho.jpg

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
why does it take me like 20 tries to find a server that will accept me? It'll just say "Unable to Join Game" 90% of the time.

dralla

i just recored a full 20 minute CTF game. lol JFK, sorry for the TK. i was shooting a mine that was about to blow us up and i didnt think it would blow you up too :lol

some pretty good kills, ill compress it and post it later

Ragnarok10

BIG BUBBA said:
why does it take me like 20 tries to find a server that will accept me? It'll just say "Unable to Join Game" 90% of the time.
Does it say "Unable to join" or "Game Full"? If it says "Unable to Join" it's likely because the ping for that server is too high.

dralla said:
i just recored a full 20 minute CTF game. lol JFK, sorry for the TK. i was shooting a mine that was about to blow us up and i didnt think it would blow you up too :lol

some pretty good kills, ill compress it and post it later

Haha,no problem. Do you have a mic? I kept trying to talk to you,but I never got a response.

dralla

no, I wanted to record the voices through my TV. usually I do talk, just happened to catch me when i was recording a match

carlos said:
Same thing that's happening to me; it says I haven't played on a ranked server and all my stats are at zero (when it had previously recorded around 15 hours, out of around 25)
The stats issue was briefly solved on sept. 8, when the stats came back and updated instantly, but after a few games that same day they stopped updating instantly, and then they have been at zero since.

I don't think its a matter of logging out in a special way, or something we're doing wrong, it's just Incog and their bugs and shitty stats server.

If the stats that were recorded don't return when they get their act together, I'll seriously think of selling the game while its still got some value....

On an unrelated note; It's not possible for 2 people to have the same PSN name right? I ask because I've played against a "carlos" in Warhawk, and that's my PSN name...at the moment I'm [Gafe]carlos due to the clan thing, but if I left the clan and went back to plain "carlos"? what the hell? would there be 2 of us (or possibly more) with the same warhawk name/and psn name?

Same thing happened to me. I got upset that someone stole my name and TK the crap out of him.Oops!

Firewire

Banned
ndiicm said:
Any Gaf games going on? Turning on my ps3 now.

Not sure! Allot of people are checking out Heavenly Sword right now.
To check the server list keep hitting R2 till you get to the G's!

I'll be on soon, but I'm playing dog fights on SCEA servers tonight.

calder

I played for a bit less than an hour tonight. But then a combination of a real bad zones loss and the realization that I was getting 'new' low level ribbons again as a recruit made me quit. I'm not a stat/rank whore or anything, but I was Airman for a while then recruit then Airman who-should-have-been-higher, and now a recruit again tonight. I just hope this stuff gets sorted out quick, there's only so long the hardcore fans who were really excited about the game - the sorts of ppl who got it day 1 - will stick around when a large part of the experience is busted and random.

And hell, for me I'm getting NHL tomorrow. If it's as fun online as I'm hoping Warhawk might have already missed it's chance with me to really become my main online time-sink. For gods sake, don't make me start leveling up my druid in WoW again!

User 406

Banned
God damn, dogfighting servers kick ass. Decided to switch up from the usual CTF/Zones stuff and just do some flyin' and killin', and man that felt good. No jeeps to chase, no zones to reduce, just TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET. Got some kind of Warhawk Exemplary Something Or Other medal too. God I love air combat.

Gonna start up GAF_EST(#1)-CTF/ZNS in a minute.

Sea Manky said:
God damn, dogfighting servers kick ass. Decided to switch up from the usual CTF/Zones stuff and just do some flyin' and killin', and man that felt good. No jeeps to chase, no zones to reduce, just TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET TARGET. Got some kind of Warhawk Exemplary Something Or Other medal too. God I love air combat.

Im in!

EDIT:

BTW here is my setup for warhawk!

IMG_4514222222.jpg

Madman

From the Warhawk board:
Dylan Jobe said:
While monitoring the stats situation over the weekend we were largely pleased with the results. The vast majority of you were having proper stats registered on the server. That said, as of Monday, we are now seeing some players NOT getting their stats again. A smaller portion for sure, but there's still a problem.

We had meetings with the team here and in San Diego today to discuss the list of issues and data gathered thus far, just to keep the info flowing to the community, here's what we're investigating as hot items:
Stats Issues -- Some players are *still* experiencing stats not tracking. Some players have also experienced your ranks being "reset" or, at least that's what appears to be happening. In fact, ranks are not being reset but rather, the connection is being lost to the stats DB and thus the game can't validate what rank you really are. So please don't be alarmed. You didn't just lose all your hard fought points and medals. Upon the next clean log-in you should be fine.
Join Problems -- Sometimes I swear, getting into a big game in the join list is like a mini-game...and a frustrating mini-game at that. We are well aware of this and have people working on it. There are many times that the game shows that it has open slots but will reject your connection...just to continue to show there ARE free slots. A further problem is that players are informed of the game being full only after a long period to attempting to connect...*weak* (read weak like AWESOM-O))
Now we know there are other issues out there, and many of you have made some great suggestions but we feel strongly that these primary issues need to be addressed before we start looking at enhancements.

We're still cranking on these issues and will post another update soon

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
While monitoring the stats situation over the weekend we were largely pleased with the results. The vast majority of you were having proper stats registered on the server. That said, as of Monday, we are now seeing some players NOT getting their stats again. A smaller portion for sure, but there's still a problem.

We had meetings with the team here and in San Diego today to discuss the list of issues and data gathered thus far, just to keep the info flowing to the community, here's what we're investigating as hot items:

* Stats Issues -- Some players are *still* experiencing stats not tracking. Some players have also experienced your ranks being "reset" or, at least that's what appears to be happening. In fact, ranks are not being reset but rather, the connection is being lost to the stats DB and thus the game can't validate what rank you really are. So please don't be alarmed. You didn't just lose all your hard fought points and medals. Upon the next clean log-in you should be fine.

* Join Problems -- Sometimes I swear, getting into a big game in the join list is like a mini-game...and a frustrating mini-game at that. We are well aware of this and have people working on it. There are many times that the game shows that it has open slots but will reject your connection...just to continue to show there ARE free slots. A further problem is that players are informed of the game being full only after a long period to attempting to connect...*weak* (read weak like AWESOM-O)

Now we know there are other issues out there, and many of you have made some great suggestions but we feel strongly that these primary issues need to be addressed before we start looking at enhancements.

We're still cranking on these issues and will post another update soon.

From Dylan Jobe at the Psu forums. Hopefully they can finally fix this stat issue.

Flo_Evans

Sea Manky said:

I was getting pretty horrible ping (like 500+) from your server. I am going to bed for the night so I set up one called GAF_CST(#1)-CTF/ZNS 16 player.

garrickk

I uploaded a video montage of me in a tank to Stage6 here.

I shot it off my LCD with a camcorder, so don't expect outstanding quality, but it's not bad.

Flo_Evans said:
I don't know how to tell you this... but you have your PS3 set to 16:9 on a 4:3 TV. Oh wait I do know how to tell you that :lol

I cant get it to go to 4:3 mod on 720p or 1080i.

Anyone here know how to?

Baker

Banned
I don't like how they're throwing around the word "some" now.

Unless "everyone I know" = "some," they're sugar coating this announcement.

User 406

Banned
If any of you guys have trouble with the 1.93 system update hanging at 4%, try going to the web browser first and hitting any website, then try the update again.

SaitoH

So last night I was playing Warhawk and the match starts off with a guy TKing me. Not a big deal, but later on while I'm in a tank I see the same guy, he tosses a couple grenades at me and then covers my tank in mines. Shrugging it off I take a shot at an enemy. I explode killing myself and teamkilling the dude that tossed ines on me.

I assumed mines on my own vehicle wouldn't cause this, so what happened?

User 406

Banned
Mines, even friendly ones, can be detonated by any nearby explosion, or even from being shot with a bullet. If he was close enough to toss mines on your tank, your shot that killed him was probably close enough to detonate them.

SaitoH

Actually I was shooting at a plane hovering nearby. Guess my shot must of crossed the beam from the mine? Either that or he detonated a mine by shooting at it and it counted as me suiciding/ teamkilling.

Firewire

Banned
No problems getting into Wowhawk at all.

As for stats, they have been updating for me the last few days perfectly, but some of my prior stats/badges are gone, no big deal as I expected it would turn out this way. Only problem I see now is when I login it tells me I'm a recruit for about 5minutes, then fixes up.

Firewire

Banned
Sea Manky said:
AIR MINES OM NOM NOM NOM BOOM

There your friends & your enemies worst nightmare!
Theres nothing like evading a missile barrage then flying into a well placed mine! Makes me cry sometimes! :(

Top Bottom