• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Firewire said:
There your friends & your enemies worst nightmare!
Theres nothing like evading a missile barrage then flying into a well placed mine! Makes me cry sometimes! :(

Hmmm I never have problem with air mine I see them from a mile away so I don't go near them ground mines on the other hand They make me sad and happy at the same time. :D

Firewire

Banned
Elbrain said:
Hmmm I never have problem with air mine I see them from a mile away so I don't go near them ground mines on the other hand They make me sad and happy at the same time. :D

In some maps, the air mines are just killer! Try flying sideways along a wall in a tunnel section of the badlands and placing your mine. From either end of the tunnel its impossible to see & because of over hangs you can't see them from higher up. Your enemy if he flies in there is dead, they don't have a chance. Placing mines near pick ups on your enemies side of the map is good to, someone usually has to take a kill to clear the mine, so others can pick up the weapons.

This is why I like the Dog Fights so much, it isn't just run & gun! You have to use a fair bit of strategy & timing. Hell I love flying into a swarm of enemy warhawks, you always get a couple who turn & chase, and there right on your ass, just let out a mine, its the easiest kill!

SaitoH

I'm getting better at dropping air mines. Like Firewire mentioned, Il drop em when I have someone is hot on my tail, or place them at powerups.

Good times.

I had someone on one of my teams that had amazing ground mine precision. He put them directly under vehicle repairs, to the point where not even I could see them until I was right next to it.

It was awesome in CTF. Saw a lot of getaway jeeps just get owned. :lol

S. L.

TheJollyCorner said:
I had someone on one of my teams that had amazing ground mine precision. He put them directly under vehicle repairs, to the point where not even I could see them until I was right next to it.

It was awesome in CTF. Saw a lot of getaway jeeps just get owned. :lol
those items cast little shadows which are a good place to place the mines :)

Pharmacy

Banned
My favourite thing at the moment is being a terrorist and covering a Warhawk in mines, then flying into enemies

only do it to annoy people really

ChryZ

Pharmacy said:
My favourite thing at the moment is being a terrorist and covering a Warhawk in mines, then flying into enemies

You might wanna read up on the TOW missile. I bet, you'll love it :lol

grendelrt

Pharmacy said:

:lol That's just......sooo......brilliant :lol

Pharmacy

Banned
Speevy said:
Would that aid you in a team battle if you designated suicide bombers to fly into the other team?

It's really useful in capture the flag, suicide bomber goes into the flag area, sets of all the enemy mines and kills anyone around the flag so the areas clear for everyone to move into

Baker

Banned
I know someone bitches about this on every page, but oh well.

Stats stats stats.

I was a Sargent. For the past four days though, it says I'm a Recruit and have never played the game. I've sat in the menu forever, logged in and out over and over, and nothing works. The leaderboards won't even load because the stat server is that dead.

Pimpwerx

I have gotten way better at dogfighting. I was doing pretty good for the Red team today in ZNS and CTF on the CST server (or whatever it was called). I find that not a lot of people use the stealth well. It's great for lynching unsuspecting warhawks. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Baker said:
I know someone bitches about this on every page, but oh well.

Stats stats stats.

I was a Sargent. For the past four days though, it says I'm a Recruit and have never played the game. I've sat in the menu forever, logged in and out over and over, and nothing works. The leaderboards won't even load because the stat server is that dead.
I just got promoted to Airman today, but it's not showing in my profile. My k:d was pretty damn good today too. I just wish my profile reflected my drastic improvement. :D BTW, is there a way to disable (or at least shrink) the in-game medals? It's nice to get a reward, but not when you're flying and suddenly lose about 40% visibility thanks to some notice. PEACE.

Man, the games ive been getting into have been hit and miss. My teammates are terrible. In zones, half the team is in the sky. I end up being the number one player because how ineffective the rest of the teammates are. Its fun to play, but frsutrating when im the only one taking flags.

Firewire

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
I just got promoted to Airman today, but it's not showing in my profile. My k:d was pretty damn good today too. I just wish my profile reflected my drastic improvement. :D BTW, is there a way to disable (or at least shrink) the in-game medals? It's nice to get a reward, but not when you're flying and suddenly lose about 40% visibility thanks to some notice. PEACE.

Don't believe so, but I've gotten used to them.

Pimpwerx said:

I guess you just have to start sucking more so you don't get any medals ZING! :D

Pharmacy said:

works until you get hit by one shot of a Warhawk machine gun. Lots of those types of tactics were employed in beta, and lots of them were painful when it backfired.

gamerecks said:
Man, the games ive been getting into have been hit and miss. My teammates are terrible. In zones, half the team is in the sky. I end up being the number one player because how ineffective the rest of the teammates are. Its fun to play, but frsutrating when im the only one taking flags.
Zones is painful when your team sucks. I have to carry the team most of the time since most people jump in warhawks and don't bother grabbing zones ever. It is awesome when people get their shit together and defend and convoy.

I tried to get into a game with some of you this afternoon (CTF/Zones) but, of course, I get the "Unable to Join Game" bullshit message.

I ended up playing with some morons that had absolutely NO flag defending/retrieving senses for CTF. It was frustrating.

Firewire

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
I can never seem to find a TOW missile. What's the pickup look like again?

tow.jpg

Pharmacy said:

The other night we were getting killed in Zones. So, I put four mines on a jeep, got in, and drove it into an enemy Warhawk who was flying along the ground.

BOOM!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Havoc said:
Incognito is finally fixing the stat servers 8-10am EST.

So it seems:

Dylan Jobe said:
We are deploying another server-side update and system restart during a maintenance window of 5am to 7am PDT. on Friday.

This is to further address stats related issues -- surprise, surprise! :)

I have read a lot of these posts (and on NeoGAF) and I want to let all of you know that, while the posts can get a bit acidic at times, the team and I *COMPLETELY* understand how &#*$@! bad it is to not be able to get your stats. Especially when it works fine for some people and not for others!

Some of you asked in your posts "why didn't they see these issues during test or their Public BETA?"

Good question and the answer is simple...our Public BETA didn't have 14K *simultaneous* players running more than 98,000 games in the first week! These problems are load issues that we encountered post launch.

So...you should always remain skeptical...its the right position for a player/consumer to take. But please know that we are, and will continue to be, focused on supporting Warhawk!

As always, I'll keep everyone updated as to new developments!

*waves* :p

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I finally got a chance to put in a few hours into this game earlier today. All I gotta say is... THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME! It'll definitely be my first game purchase once I turn into a PS3 owner.

User 406

Banned
Cue another ten posts of "INCOGNITO NEEDS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEMS AND NOT JUST IGNORE THEM, WHY DON'T THEY SAY ANYTHING, THEY NEED TO BE STRAIGHT WITH THE CUSTOMERS DAMMIT"

Actually, I have been getting a little peeved at the ranking servers lately, I've earned the Presidential Meritorious Conduct ribbon and the Outstanding Volunteer Service ribbon three times now, and none of them have shown up for me even though I've earned other medals that registered. Those are the last two I need for a complete set and I'm sick of doing them. :X

User 406

Banned
_RT_ said:
If I could get this damn update to go past 4% I would be playing warhawk right now. WTF.

Had the same problem, one trick on the Playstation forums worked for me. Go into the internet browser and bring up any website, then go back and do the system update.

The only reason I give a shit about stupid rankings is they're tied directly to your ability to customize your appearance. When my stats take a shit, my 1337 tie fighter pilot looking Chernovan dude goes away.

CURSE YOU INCOGNITO!

PSN, giving your monkey ass what it paid for. lolz!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:
Had the same problem, one trick on the Playstation forums worked for me. Go into the internet browser and bring up any website, then go back and do the system update.

wow

Bebpo

Banned
Sea Manky said:

Didn't work for me :(

I kind of feel like some Warhawk tonight...but yeah, 1% :(

carlos

I finally got the firmware update working, I just kept retrying again and again on 4%, then one time, the router itself disconnected by itself while downloading, and the next time I tried it, it downloaded with no problems.

I'm currently busy downloading all the crap from the ps store (and I don't like playing while downloading/ I find that it makes the console freeze more often) , so I'll see you guys tomorrow, hopefully after the stats are really fixed.

Thanks in advance to Jobe and the warhawk crew for listening to the forum outcry (I was worried that when they said stats were working for most, meant that it was gonna take longer to fix)

I look forward to earning those 4x4 and presidential medals again :( (among many others)
and I shudder to think how badly I've been outranked in these days when nothing registered (just when I had gotten in the top 1000) :( oh well....

Top Bottom