• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

spwolf

h3ro said:
As for PC gaming, while I'm sure the PC gaming crowd love scrolling through a list of a thousand servers to find a match, I'd rather set my parameters and have the game find me one. Everyone has their own preferences.

you can filter the games as you wish... And actually filters are really well done - query sent to the server is different based on the filter, unlike in many other games where client ends up filtering it - it basically means that you get only relavant servers so you dont have to wait for complete list.

Grayman

spwolf said:
and p.s. if you are PC gamer, their system is awesome. We need no matchmaking.
werd. The only thing it needs is a less stringent balance enforcement so it is easier to get on your friends team.

Mmmkay

Ugh, I was having obscene lag issues in that game. I 'supposedly' hit a Warhawk with 3 direct shots from a tank and it didn't die. I think my internet it broken though, so I won't blame it on the shitty netcode this time.

Pharmacy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Ugh, I was having obscene lag issues in that game. I 'supposedly' hit a Warhawk with 3 direct shots from a tank and it didn't die. I think my internet it broken though, so I won't blame it on the shitty netcode this time.

Nothing seemed wrong when I was in the tank with you...?

Also the CTF match was pretty tense stuff, I usually hate CTF but that was really fun

Mmmkay

Pharmacy said:
Nothing seemed wrong when I was in the tank with you...?

Also the CTF match was pretty tense stuff, I usually hate CTF but that was really fun
Yeah that's why I think it was my internets. It seemed to be intermittent and effing annoying. There were a couple of times where I kept getting "waiting for server" messages when choosing a spawn point but other times it was instant. :/

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I just played a quick game on a Sony server during the Florida-UT halftime and the people playing were like an Xbox Live parody. 'You like weiners, your team is hackers," etc. Whatever happened with GAF North, is the invite bug still messing things up? I am losing patience playing with randoms.

Guileless said:
I just played a quick game on a Sony server during the Florida-UT halftime and the people playing were like an Xbox Live parody. 'You like weiners, your team is hackers," etc. Whatever happened with GAF North, is the invite bug still messing things up? I am losing patience playing with randoms.

yeah i still havent been invited to it

garrickk

DemonSwordsman said:
yeah i still havent been invited to it
Me neither. I send the occasional PM to Varshes and it's not his fault. Clan invite system is broken - and clans should be allowed to have 200+ members.

Raist

Banned
garrickk said:
Me neither. I send the occasional PM to Varshes and it's not his fault. Clan invite system is broken - and clans should be allowed to have 200+ members.

Well, the official planned cap is 64. But for now it's bugged and invites can't be sent after ~30 players are in.

Never saw a comment from Jobes on this issue btw

freethought said:
How about high on a tunnel wall and luring a Warhawk in there. I pulled it off last night, pretty sweet. I once mined the inside walls of one of the small bases, got kicked for too many TK's. Idiots.

Haha yeah some stupid douche-ass kept TK'ing me last night on a Zones or CTF game. I was going to kill him, but fortunately invaders showed up to keep us occupied. However I unloaded all my 'nades on his fukkin' tank so they would have an easier go at splattering his monkey ass. >:D

Some days I'm cool with a TK.

Other days I can be a spiteful f*ck.

But yeah, stupid people getting TK'd is Internet Darwinism at it's finest. :)

dionysus

Yaldog
Raist said:
Well, the official planned cap is 64. But for now it's bugged and invites can't be sent after ~30 players are in.

Never saw a comment from Jobes on this issue btw

I hate to say this, but when another ps3 multiplayer comes out I will probably move on. I am thinking UT3. The fact that a team based multiplayer has such poor group and clan support is really frustrating for me. Remember guys, this is a TEAM based game, don't give them a free pass on fundamental TEAM and group options that are lacking.

I wouldn't be frustrated if they would acknowledge the bugs and deficiencies and say they are working the issues.

I wouldn't really have a problem if there were better ways to host games. ps3 only hosting means you will never see the hosting support you get for games like CS.

Raist

Banned
dionysus said:
I hate to say this, but when another ps3 multiplayer comes out I will probably move on. I am thinking UT3. The fact that a team based multiplayer has such poor group and clan support is really frustrating for me. Remember guys, this is a TEAM based game, don't give them a free pass on fundamental TEAM and group options that are lacking.

I wouldn't be frustrated if they would acknowledge the bugs and deficiencies and say they are working the issues.

I wouldn't really have a problem if there were better ways to host games. ps3 only hosting means you will never see the hosting support you get for games like CS.

I think there is only one or two people here "giving them a free pass". Fine, I mean maybe it doesn't matter to them.

Now, the matchmaking/party issues has been discussed over and over. No need to bring this again IMO. There are more important issues to fix, they're working on those, and Jobes already said that he saw all the comments about improvements, but for now fixing the connection and stats issues is their priority.

Oh, and I don't see any problem with the hosting options, I think this is pretty well done.
You really expected them to make PC hosting ... ? I don't see how PS3 only hosting is going to hurt the game, really.
Not to mention that with GAF you have an easy way to find servs pretty quickly, or ask someone to set up one, kick people etc.

dionysus

Yaldog
Well, one thing that would infinitely reduce my frustration would be a queue system for server joining. So I don't have to spam join to get in one with a friend.

carlos

Well, seems like the stats were fine yesterday, but today 4 hours of play weren't recorded... I thought we were past this...

Between this, the teamkilling, the lack of gaffers out there, and the difficulty of finding you guys when you are out there, the frustrations are starting to mount up to me too :/

Anybody from asiapac (HK/TW/SG/KR) playing this yet? Already available on PSN, but I'm waiting for the BD version to come out on the 27th.

BTW, have you noticed how much cheaper Sony first party games retail for in HK?

calder

Well, after the agony of finding a ranked DM match I finally found one that wasn't just the last two minutes of a good 4x4 map before it switched to destroyed capital zones. I didn't have much time but I managed to kill a few dudes with like 20 seconds to go, so I can see I'm suggested for the bandit 4x4 (again) but after the round ends I don't see it on my ribbons won, instead I see another shitty one I got.

If it doesn't track the bandit AGAIN for me - and for the amount of effort you have to do to get it, shit just FINDING a server where it's feasable to do is hard work - I'm going to be extremely pissed. I won that fucking ribbon like 3 times now, just give it to me! I have the next 4 or 5 awards I need to rank up past wing leader. Hell I should just accept that it won't work already, it says I'm a Sergeant although my rank history shows me as a Wingman.

IT's funny since I was one of the ppl in the beta complaining about how ridiculously easy it was to run over enemies, and friends, in the jeeps. They toned it down appropriately so you don't die if the jeep buzzes 5 feet past you or bumps you while moving at 1/4 speed, but struggling to get this ribbon just reminds me of how freaking easy it would have been in the beta. ;)

User 406

Banned
calder said:
Well, after the agony of finding a ranked DM match I finally found one that wasn't just the last two minutes of a good 4x4 map before it switched to destroyed capital zones. I didn't have much time but I managed to kill a few dudes with like 20 seconds to go, so I can see I'm suggested for the bandit 4x4 (again) but after the round ends I don't see it on my ribbons won, instead I see another shitty one I got.

If it doesn't track the bandit AGAIN for me - and for the amount of effort you have to do to get it, shit just FINDING a server where it's feasable to do is hard work - I'm going to be extremely pissed. I won that fucking ribbon like 3 times now, just give it to me! I have the next 4 or 5 awards I need to rank up past wing leader. Hell I should just accept that it won't work already, it says I'm a Sergeant although my rank history shows me as a Wingman.

IT's funny since I was one of the ppl in the beta complaining about how ridiculously easy it was to run over enemies, and friends, in the jeeps. They toned it down appropriately so you don't die if the jeep buzzes 5 feet past you or bumps you while moving at 1/4 speed, but struggling to get this ribbon just reminds me of how freaking easy it would have been in the beta. ;)

Um, the Bandit 4x4 isn't a ribbon, it's a badge. It won't show up in the after game screen, check your profile instead.

calder

Ahh, that would be nice, I didn't realize only ribbons showed on the after-round summary screen. It didn't update in my stats obviously, but hopefully it'll be there tomorrow.

I'm just so frustrated right now, I finally found a ranked DM server that had 32 players in it, but it was full. So I'm refreshing it every minute, finally get in and it's freaking badlands. Perfect! I easily run 3 guys down in under 2 minutes... which is unfortunate since there was only 2 minutes left in the round when I joined. Next up? Zones in Destroyed Capital. Arrrrggggghhhhhh.

I know I've bitched about this before but it's just baffling to me: with the pretty good filter settings the game has why doesn't it let you filter by ranked/unranked games? It seems like such an obvious thing, hell you can filter by language, max and min players, etc but you can't just see all ranked CTF or all unranked TDM like you'd think you'd be able to.

gcubed

carlos said:
Well, seems like the stats were fine yesterday, but today 4 hours of play weren't recorded... I thought we were past this...

Between this, the teamkilling, the lack of gaffers out there, and the difficulty of finding you guys when you are out there, the frustrations are starting to mount up to me too :/

it seems most gaffers play when i dont, as i rarely see many on when i get a chance to play...

add me PSN - LordFarquaad I try to play for an hour or 2 a night when i get a chance

Neo 007

Some people just don't deserve headsets with the language they use in this game.Or the immature taunting of others.I know you can turn it off but sometimes the feature is very useful.

Baker

Banned
Well, the TK'ing has moved into Zones now too.

I guess people don't want to share capture points.

The online community in this game fucking sucks.

Neo 007 said:
Some people just don't deserve headsets with the language they use in this game.Or the immature taunting of others.I know you can turn it off but sometimes the feature is very useful.

I can relate, but hey at the very least you can mute every retard on your team and still bark orders into the mic.

Sure they may not follow them, but sometimes just screaming into the headset is enough to ease the spirit.

Like some f*cking whiner was bitching about our team performance last night on a dogfight server. Shit man, I blow at dogfighting, I readily admit that. So I just muted the bitch. I got sick of listening to his ebonics laden drivel pouring into my ear. Queen's English or GTFO!

Baker

Banned
That's weird because I played three separate times today (least three hours) and it was silent the entire time except in the lobby.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
kinda pissed... cant play warhawk because my ps3 refuses to update to 1.93

i guess i have to download it to my psp then transfer it on to my PS3? fuck.

Steroyd

God fucking damnit. ><

I enjoy fucking Capture the flag as much as the next fucking guy but when you travel 90% of the fucking map the fucking Badlands to boot only to have a fucking "teammate" slow you the fuck down on purpose just to have the fucking other team catch up TOW missile you is not fucking on.

I bloody hate stat whores I just want to bloody play the game, I don't understand them do they beat off so much to their awesome bloody stats that they'd do anything to get as many as possible.

nofi

Steroyd said:
God fucking damnit. ><

I enjoy fucking Capture the flag as much as the next fucking guy but when you travel 90% of the fucking map the fucking Badlands to boot only to have a fucking "teammate" slow you the fuck down on purpose just to have the fucking other team catch up TOW missile you is not fucking on.

I bloody hate stat whores I just want to bloody play the game, I don't understand them do they beat off so much to their awesome bloody stats that they'd do anything to get as many as possible.

I was in the same game, other team.

This prick (Airsniper, or something) was running everyone over so he could get to the enemy to get his 4x4 badge, fine, so I just kept out of his way, and went capturing bases. He then follows me around swearing and cursing in this ridiculous American accent about 'capturing the flag'. What the FUCK!!!

Sometimes I hate games like this.

Baker said:
Well, the TK'ing has moved into Zones now too.

I guess people don't want to share capture points.

The online community in this game fucking sucks.

TK is by far the WORST part of any online game...I'll sacrifice having to be careful to avoid not shooting teammates to remove such an annoyance. It made Shadowrun almost unplayable after a point.

spwolf

gregor7777 said:
TK is by far the WORST part of any online game...I'll sacrifice having to be careful to avoid not shooting teammates to remove such an annoyance. It made Shadowrun almost unplayable after a point.

well in CTF, negative points of TK of the flag bearer are crazy.... like -30 or something.

spwolf said:
well in CTF, negative points of TK of the flag bearer are crazy.... like -30 or something.

Still, that isn't a deterrent to assholes who's only purpose online is to piss you off and see your reaction after they TK you.

j-wood

dralla said:
anyone else notice they took down all the mid-small SCEA games? All I see is 32 players max :/

I think it's because Incognito is wanting to do quite a bit of stress testing this weekend, so having all the 32 man servers maxed would give them some good feedback

spwolf

gregor7777 said:
Still, that isn't a deterrent to assholes who's only purpose online is to piss you off and see your reaction after they TK you.

sure, they get kicked out pretty soon.. and I am sure that eventually Incog will do what Resistance does - kick TK players off servers for a while and then perm kick them.

since Warhawk has almost permament accounts, that shouldnt be hard...

deepbrown

What's everybodies thoughts on mines?

Some people get annoyed by them - but a player is only allowed to have 4 on the go at any time (if you add more, your previous ones will disappear) - so it's not really unfair. Plus if you get blown up by them, you should start looking for them with a flamethrower, adding more thought to your gameplay.

I just hear people swearing at me when they get killed by a mine lol...and I'm like "well go find the mines yourself then dumbass!"

User 406

Banned
deepbrown said:
What's everybodies thoughts on mines?

Some people get annoyed by them - but a player is only allowed to have 4 on the go at any time (if you add more, your previous ones will disappear) - so it's not really unfair. Plus if you get blown up by them, you should start looking for them with a flamethrower, adding more thought to your gameplay.

I just hear people swearing at me when they get killed by a mine lol...and I'm like "well go find the mines yourself then dumbass!"

I have an invincible anti-mine technique.

If I land at an objective and get killed by a mine, I respawn, grab a warhawk, and boost back over to the objective in a few seconds.

If I get killed by another mine there, I respawn, get in a warhawk, and boost quickly back over there again.

If I get killed by yet another mine, I respawn, and use a warhawk to boost to the objective like lightning.

In less than a minute, the intricate mine defense the enemy has so carefully laid is in tatters, and the objective is helpless before me.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM BOOM

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
I have an invincible anti-mine technique.

If I land at an objective and get killed by a mine, I respawn, grab a warhawk, and boost back over to the objective in a few seconds.

If I get killed by another mine there, I respawn, get in a warhawk, and boost quickly back over there again.

If I get killed by yet another mine, I respawn, and use a warhawk to boost to the objective like lightning.

In less than a minute, the intricate mine defense the enemy has so carefully laid is in tatters, and the objective is helpless before me.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM BOOM

One team were perfect at getting rid of my mines in capture the flag - the electric storm from a warhawk dropped in the base will destroy all mines. :)

Loudninja said:
Man I died 280 times :lol

What!? :lol

Mines sure work well for taking out people rushing for the flag in the first 15 seconds. :lol

It sucks to hear about all the intentional teamkilling and all around shitheads people are encountering. I haven't really came across it that much thankfully. I did get a grenade to the back in the first few seconds of a game because some guy wanted my weapons, that pissed me off a bit.

Top Bottom