• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Valpurgis

Allright I'm a new Warhawk convert, after dismissing it when I got it as just another online shooter, I went back to it more thoroughly and I just can't get enough of it now, my PS3 saw more action in the last 2 weeks as in the last 8 months.

There's this moment in online games where you 'get' it and this game has so much potential for great multiplayer moments when you get the basic mechanics down, I can't encourage enough people to give this game a chance. It's too bad that it was release just now because if they had got it out at the beginning of summer when the release schedule was a bit less charged it would have made a much bigger inpact.

The only downside is that since most people don't have a headset it's rare to really get good teamplay going.

Oh and also yes moving the thread was bleh, had to do a search to find it.

Tailzo

This must have been asked thousand of times before, but:

1. Does the game still have connection errors? (Saying the servers are full)
2. Is the headset of good enough quality to justify the Blu-Ray version?
3. If I liked multiplayer Toy Commander, but not Call of Duty, Resistance, ect. Will I like this game? (I've heard the game is very arcade-is.)

Sorry if you're all tired of these questions.

spwolf

1. yes, but less since they have more servers. it will be fixed in next few days btw. stats perfectly work.
2. yes
3. never played toy commnder... Its a cross between BF and Q3... amazingly fun fun fun game. Never liked COD, found it boring really. Resistance wasnt anywhere close to this fun for me.

Wowhawk is like playing at least 2 games at the same time....

Tailzo

^Thank you for answering. Is "BF3" Battlefield 3 or something? I've never played a battlefield game. (I think.) And what is Q3? Dare I guess... Quake 3? I didn't play that much. This is Toy Commander . (Though the video is from the singleplayer mode)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
can you do naming like !GAF... so it is easier to find please? Thanks TTP!

Ok, will call it !GAF and that's it. Gimme 5 minutes and then start refreshing the list.

Edit: IT'S UP!

Raist

Banned
Ok guys, what do you think about setting up a GAFHawk IRC channel ?
Should be wayyyy more convenient to set up servers etc. I could set ip up quickly.
Nofi also told me that a dedicated site could help. Why not. Have no idea how to do one tho xD

Also, where the hell are the other clan leaders and people that used to be active in this thread ?

Haven't seen Killthee, Firewire, The Jer etc for a while. That said I lost track of who are the clan leaders now...

I've PM'd all GAFu members, would be nice if clan leaders could PM their clan members to give them the link to this thread, because it's so going to die :/

S. L.

a #channel would be great
much better than a website as it is a bit hard to keep track with the different clans who plays where

Tailzo

I'm, currently searching for deals on the headset, seems like it's a better deal for me to buy the game on PSN, and then buy a headeset from the internet. The retail version of the game costs 500NOK from a norwegian internet store, and most likely even more in a real life store.

Ok, retail game cost in Norway 500 NOK = 90 $
PSN Price : 265NOK = 47 $
Headset price from worldwide: ???

If I can find the headset priced under 200NOK (36$) including shipping, I can buy the headset online, and the game on PSN. Could somebody help me? I have no idea where to find great prices on the headset, and a site that ships to Norway. I've currently looked at amazon.co.uk.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000LIWVAI/

Raist

Banned
Okay guys, #GAFhawk is up on IRCHighway (irc.irchighway.net)

You can use IRC with different clients such as mIRC, trillian, etc etc.

I can help with mIRC if you have trouble using it.

Cheers

S. L.

meh
in the meantime i made a pic of my monkey playing warhawk

52y0r42.jpg

Ceb

spwolf said:
game is still on... join

Huh? !GAF isn't there for me anymore and none of my clansmen are tagged as playing there either. I got a server error while playing - I think you guys are stuck in the twilight zone.

Raist

Banned
wtf

In the clan members list I see no one on a !GAF server.
In the friends list I do, but I can't join... says the game can't be found :/

Raist

Banned
Nice, thanks a lot TTP. Not your fault really.

Just joineda SCEE serv... I wasn't able to see people's nicks, and my kills weren't registered. What the hell is going wrong with this game... :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I see one in (two now :)). I'll keep monitoring this thread so let me know if u got any problem joining

Steroyd

FF_VIII said:
Don't really wanna go through 163 pages, but I got this yesterday. You guys got a clan?

Yeah we have a clan for every region because the clan limit is so small.

Plus there's a bug that only allows half as much officially so we couldn't let you join i.e have a Gaf tag because of it.

I'd say put some Gaffers who play warhawk on your freinds list but the freinds list's updating is atrocius compared to the clan members list.

I've been promoted to commander general throught this week and I haven't played warhawk for nearly a week.

SaitoH

Was playing split screen online with a friend. Almost criminal how much fun this game is. Shame this thread was banished here ...

Anyway, I hit Sergeant Major back on the 19th and today I just ranked up to Sergeant. Looking at my rank list it's almost hilarious. Sure hope they get the stats sorted out some day.

Raist

Banned
SaitoH said:
Shame this thread was banished here ...

I have NO idea why they did that seriously. At the very least they could have left a notice or something for a few days.

It's already a pain to organize meetings because there are no options to do so ingame, so sending the thread to die here was the last thing to do. I'm sure most of the people that used to post don't even know it has been moved here. :(

Ceb

Wow, slow evening. I guess the weekend meetups won't be very successful. As everyone else has said, it sure didn't help that the mods sent this thread to die. I don't get that. Is it because Warhawk is multiplayer-only?

spwolf

Ceb said:
Wow, slow evening. I guess the weekend meetups won't be very successful. As everyone else has said, it sure didn't help that the mods sent this thread to die. I don't get that. Is it because Warhawk is multiplayer-only?

dunno, we played for 2 hrs before I had to go... some intense moments there :D

carlos

Good games, TTP, freethought?, and arkanian or something like that ;)

the stupid splitter on the dsl line is broken, and a phone call coming in after that last game knocked out my internet, so I'm calling it quits early tonight.

Getting the group games together would be so much easier had the clans invite issue had been worked out already...good to hear they're at least working on it

User 406

Banned
Man, those were some fun matches. When all of us were on one team, we were utterly dominating. Then I once again got magially switched to the other team and freethought ate my lunch. :p Good stuff.

Now I just need to get 20 zone defends in a round of zones, and I get the Legion of Merit medal. :d

So, um, what is a zone defend, exactly? Kill an enemy within your zone?

User 406

Banned
onadesertedisland said:
If we could stay on the same team

You guys are great players and work well on a team

if only we could jump in and stay together and beat the shit out of everyone ;)

I'm betting there were more gaffers on earlier. We'll also see how Warhawk Tuesdays work out. But even three guys communicating can be a powerful force.

But yeah, I'm getting kind of sick of being the sacrifical lamb to game balance. >:|

carlos

Sea Manky said:
But yeah, I'm getting kind of sick of being the sacrifical lamb to game balance. >:|

Heh, now you know how I feel; from around a 70% win loss ratio, it went to 50% (around 10 wins, 50 losses)

So frustrating, while you're capturing a zone, looking at the map and seeing 2 or 3 of your own zones disappear and wondering WTF is everyone doing o_O

Another source of frustration is people who are connected to a game but don't play; I once had a zones game that had the teams at 12-11, but of those eleven, 4 weren't playing;
12 against 7 aren't favorable odds no matter how good you are....

btw, congrats on your son's first birthday, sea manky

The last game before I disconnected was a ctf with me on red and most of the gaffers on blue. My teammates would stand around and guard the base, not really an issue, except the flag was on its way to the blue base. Not to bitch and moan but WTF.

Mifune

Mehmber
How do you know if you're selecting a ranked server.

I played in some random games, including one I thought for sure was ranked, but when I go to the community page, no stats.

What gives.

carlos

onadesertedisland said:
The last game before I disconnected was a ctf with me on red and most of the gaffers on blue. My teammates would stand around and guard the base, not really an issue, except the flag was on its way to the blue base. Not to bitch and moan but WTF.

yeah most people online are kinda retarded...they care more about the stats than getting their flag back; even when there are 5 or 6 camping at the flag, they still manage to let it get stolen.

People, if your flag is taken (and you're not getting the other flag) you grap the nearest friggin warhawk/jeep/tank and STOP HIM. Heck, if you're far away from where the flag is, you should suicide and spawn close to the flag carrier or to some vehicle.

User 406

Banned
Well, that was fun.

Just made some attempts at the Legion of Merit medal. My plan was to take the zone closest to the enemy base each game, and just try to hold on to it with all the sneaky tricks I could come up with. Turns out that's a pretty good strategy, since it cuts off any possible link for them, and therefore severely slows down their rate of point gain. One game I managed to get 16 kills defending the zone before the game ended. Getting 20 is going to be really tough. I'll need the enemy to keep rushing me to get that many. :X

Then we were in pre-game, and it didn't look like it was going to fill up soon, so I decided to have a little stupid fun. Kept getting a warhawk, then a mine pickup, then put all four mines on the nose of the warhawk. Then I just flew around looking for some poor bastard to touch my nose to. XD Apparently if you suicide too many times, you'll get kicked from the server, even in pre-game. :p

Top Bottom