• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Raist

Banned
Vennt said:
OK, so I got my headset charged up, paired it successfully with my phone to test it and it works fine, good clear audio etc.

Paired it with my PS3 no problem. (After turning off my phone)

Got it set in the XMB audio settings for input / output and "connected"

However in game all I get is a garbled random mess.

I know it is connected in game as I have the icon next to my name, and hear the little beep when I press L3, but so far I've had no success in hearing anything other than random clicks, pops and garbage.

Any ideas?

If you can, try with RFoM's online. Works perfectly for me, but with warhawk I frequently have the same crap sound issues than you. So if it sucks in RFoM too, maybe your HS is screwed. But I doubt it. Vocal chat in Warhawk is far from being perfect.

Also, what Steroyd said.

garrickk

Vennt said:
I know it is connected in game as I have the icon next to my name, and hear the little beep when I press L3, but so far I've had no success in hearing anything other than random clicks, pops and garbage.
That's very strange. I've had very good success with my Jabra BT125 and several PS3 games. Perhaps you were on a server with no one talking and one person broadcasting garbage (or a Warhawk bug)? Occasionally, I will get on a server with random clicks and garbage, but it's somewhat rare on the Sony servers I play on.

My only problem with the BT125 - when I use it with my cellphone, I have to go back into the Bluetooth Audio accessories page and "reconnect" it. Not re-pairing, just connect it again for it to be detected in Warhawk or Vegas Poker. Very annoying.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
NAT2 / uPnP enabled, and my PS3 is set to use DMZ in my router config.

I'll try R:FoM and see if that's any different.

Can't see it being a HS issue as it works perfectly with my mobile.

Raist

Banned
Steroyd said:
I have my uPnP disabled can't remember why exactly.

Most probably because your router doesn't support it.

But as long as you forward the ports manually or set your PS3 as DMZ, this isn't an issue.

Ragnarok10

What's up with the leaderboard stats? The guys at the top have over 1000 hrs??? The game's only been out for 28 days (672 hours including today). Not sure what's going on there.

spwolf

Ragnarok10 said:
What's up with the leaderboard stats? The guys at the top have over 1000 hrs??? The game's only been out for 28 days (672 hours including today). Not sure what's going on there.

can you check their stats? I know TTP has a lot, but not that much... maybe only "more-than-oblivion" much :lol

SaitoH

Stupid leaderboards. AFter starting over in the ranks and almost being back to where I was, I've jumped like 5 ranks ahead to 2nd lieutenant. Have this cool flame paint job for my Warhawk, though I'm sure I'll lose it tomorrow.

Ragnarok10

spwolf said:
can you check their stats? I know TTP has a lot, but not that much... maybe only "more-than-oblivion" much :lol
It won't let you open their profile but I believe it tells you how many hours they've played. The scary part is the fact that they've played more hours then the game has existed. :lol

carlos

I remember the guys at the top of the leaderboards having A LOT more points and time played than even the others in the top ten since the beginning of Sept. ; I've always thought they were Incog Guys who had the game before it launched and kept their stats.

Hey and what's with everyone being promoted to 2nd lt.; screw you guys, I've been stuck on sargeant major for a couple of weeks :(

(I've been seeing fellow gaffers at my rank with less than 10 hours played, when I'm over 50 hours...)

I recently did some calculations to see how long it would take for me to get to General rank legitimately, at my current points pace; turns out it would take around 1000 HOURS...
WTF, I love the game but not that much

User 406

Banned
Eh, screw ranks, just get all the medals/badges/ribbons. Far more feasible.

Had some nice games today with freethought and WasabiKing.

icechai

Sea Manky said:

But ranks are what gets you all the cool looking stuff :p Like today I finally can get the 1 eyed head arrrrrrr.

carlos

Heh, just as I was complaining about it, I ranked up to command sargeant...weird timing seeing as how I had to quit playing last night after the all the servers went down...

anyway, i hope to see some of you tomorrow night; don't forget :)

ps. I still haven't een able to duplicate the 4x4 running over / presidential merit awards :\
It seems I run over them perfectly (they even cause turbulence to the jeep), but no kill...stupid lag (meanwhile, if I'm just a step away from a team member, SPLAT!

EDIT: Holy shit! I just started browsing the leaderboards in detail for the first time; holy crap what a load of cheaters among the top 200

They're more than halfway to General on only CTF mode o_O

I don't know what they do in these spamming games, but WHY? do they think sony will give them a job if they're number 1? or is it just for e-penis?

rc213

Vennt said:
NAT2 / uPnP enabled, and my PS3 is set to use DMZ in my router config.

I'll try R:FoM and see if that's any different.

Can't see it being a HS issue as it works perfectly with my mobile.

It's probably just Warhawk, I sometimes have games where all I hear is garbled mess followed by a few games with total silence and then I will have like 2 or 3 games with perfect voice chat. In R:FoM i've never had issues except early on when I was trying to use a Motorola H300/H350. Since I purchased the Jabra BT125 it has been perfect for Clan nights in Resistance. Pisses me of when I wonder why they didn't just copy R:FoM's entire voice chat system.

icechai

carlos said:
EDIT: Holy shit! I just started browsing the leaderboards in detail for the first time; holy crap what a load of cheaters among the top 200

I don't know what they do in these spamming games, but WHY? do they think sony will give them a job if they're number 1? or is it just for e-penis?

Well, its a fact that CTF gives you the most points even if you play correctly. Also for some people (like me), CTF is the best mode there is. Deathmatch = yawn, Zones = headache in pub servers or it takes waaay too much effort followed by frustration, CTF = tried and true gameplay mechanic with very very intense moments. Its kind of like how if they had leaderboards for Counter-Strike, all the top players would be from the bombing DE_maps.

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
ps. I still haven't een able to duplicate the 4x4 running over / presidential merit awards :\
It seems I run over them perfectly (they even cause turbulence to the jeep), but no kill...stupid lag (meanwhile, if I'm just a step away from a team member, SPLAT!

Deathmatch, dude. Deathmatch.

carlos said:

Halfway? The top scummers already have 300000 or more, they're well past the point requirements for General. The medals are what's stopping them from getting all the way. Gonna be interesting to see how long it takes them to get 50 hours in a Warhawk and 10000 air-to-air kills. :D

And what they do in the scumming games is cluster around the flag, and a single enemy keeps picking it up and dropping it over and over so they can return it.

For a better measure of skill, sort the leaderboards by combat points, kills, wins, or other meaningful stats. The team points gained by the scummers blows everything out of proportion. The top guy in combat points has over 10000, with a shitload of bonus points, so he's probably pretty damn dangerous.

Sea Manky said:

Sorry I bailed so quickly, I was starving though and then I watched the Departed. That movie rocks by the way. I actually preferred it to Infernal Affairs. Anyway, I keep getting a weird bug in my buddies list, you keep disappearing Manky. Fortunately it only seems to affect the list in my XMB, not the in-game lists.

edit: I was in a Sony Zones game last night with excellent communication going on, unfortunately the guys talking were more concerned with getting the special ops ribbon than capturing zones. We got creamed.

spwolf

rc213 said:
It's probably just Warhawk, I sometimes have games where all I hear is garbled mess followed by a few games with total silence and then I will have like 2 or 3 games with perfect voice chat. In R:FoM i've never had issues except early on when I was trying to use a Motorola H300/H350. Since I purchased the Jabra BT125 it has been perfect for Clan nights in Resistance. Pisses me of when I wonder why they didn't just copy R:FoM's entire voice chat system.

its not warhawk, rather connection to the server... chat is lower priority...

Steroyd

Incognito need to sort out Zones a little bit, when I play it, someone says QUICK TO ZONE 3 and i'm like how the fuck am i supposed to know where Zone 3 is, yeah sure I can watch the map and see which Zone disappears to know which is Zone 3 but that's missing the point.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
Incognito need to sort out Zones a little bit, when I play it, someone says QUICK TO ZONE 3 and i'm like how the fuck am i supposed to know where Zone 3 is, yeah sure I can watch the map and see which Zone disappears to know which is Zone 3 but that's missing the point.

The little diamond for each zone on the map has a number in it. Yeah, they're pretty hard to see, but the general pattern is from left to right and from top to bottom. The main home bases aren't numbered.

icechai

umm, I jumped up 3 ranks to 2nd Lieutenant now after the server update.. wtf, I mean, i'm not complaining cuz the blue warhawks are awesome, but wtf :p

User 406

Banned
icechai said:
umm, I jumped up 3 ranks to 2nd Lieutenant now after the server update.. wtf, I mean, i'm not complaining cuz the blue warhawks are awesome, but wtf :p

It's tracking stats properly, the ranks are just buggy. So everything you actually do is tracked, you just may not have a rank that reflects it.

Oh, and the blue warhawks SUCK. God damn, the paint jobs get more garish and retarded the higher you go. I'm expecting the planes for General to be tie-dyed.

There's an empty GAF server up right now, and aren't you playing Warhawk right now Manky? I'll probably hop on at around 6pm EST if there's a meeting set, I'm up for a game now though,

icechai

Sea Manky said:
It's tracking stats properly, the ranks are just buggy. So everything you actually do is tracked, you just may not have a rank that reflects it.

Oh, and the blue warhawks SUCK. God damn, the paint jobs get more garish and retarded the higher you go. I'm expecting the planes for General to be tie-dyed.

ah, yeah but ranks affect the unlocks, so if ranks buggy = lame. BUT I JUST GOT MY WARHAWK AERIAL GUNNERY!!! No warhawks could come into our half of the map in the last CTF... 23 kills 0 deaths woooo

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys. This games' releasing tomorrow in Sweden... and yeah, it feels like everyone's stopped playing :(

User 406

Banned
freethought said:
There's an empty GAF server up right now, and aren't you playing Warhawk right now Manky? I'll probably hop on at around 6pm EST if there's a meeting set, I'm up for a game now though,

Yeah, I'm on and off throughout the day as my son allows. :p Tonight we're taking him to the pediatrician for some shots after my wife gets home from work, and a bit of shopping after that, which is why I probably won't be around in the evening until 8.

Firewire

Banned
Vennt said:
OK, so I got my headset charged up, paired it successfully with my phone to test it and it works fine, good clear audio etc.

Paired it with my PS3 no problem. (After turning off my phone)

Got it set in the XMB audio settings for input / output and "connected"

However in game all I get is a garbled random mess.

Any ideas?

Some games its crap, some its very good. Its really hit & miss right now, and I believe the problem is on the server side. By the way the BT125 works flawless in Resistance.

Avellon

yeah, the buggy rank thing is weird. Last night I was in a game where nearly everyone displayed a rank I had never seen before over there heads, then I realized they were all 2nd lieutenants. I felt kind of left out.

User 406

Banned
Avellon said:
yeah, the buggy rank thing is weird. Last night I was in a game where nearly everyone displayed a rank I had never seen before over there heads, then I realized they were all 2nd lieutenants. I felt kind of left out.

Actually, most of those aren't because of a rank mistake, those are because they're mostly kids who have been doing the flag recovery scumming on certain servers so their points are ridiculously high. Most of them aren't very good. :p

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Halfway? The top scummers already have 300000 or more, they're well past the point requirements for General. The medals are what's stopping them from getting all the way. Gonna be interesting to see how long it takes them to get 50 hours in a Warhawk and 10000 air-to-air kills. :D

Huh, I could've sworn General rank was 500,000 points

I need to take a closer look at those medal requirements too o.0
10000 air kills! I'm only at around 1500-2000 I think (and I spend most of my time in the air!)
Unless they start spamming that too, it'll take them around 250 hours (if they're good)

Oh and scrath that 1000 hours time I said before, I meant to say 1750 hours!!!

edit: thanks for the info, sea manky; I've spent 99% of the time just playing and the other 1% seeing if my profile updated, so I haven't had the patience to go looking at the requirements....some tough challenges you mentioned there...25 hours in each vehicle? that'll take a long while, since jeeps are used mostly for get to point a to point b or flag returning o_O

Oh and incog, is it too much to ask to get the persons name flashed on screen a la resistance when he talks? its a bit of a pain to have to remember how someone sounds to know who it is....

User 406

Banned
General is 275,000 points.

The first big hurdle for the scummers will probably be the Captain rank, which requires the Air Combat medal, which requires 50 hours flight time. I suppose they can set up servers where they all hover there for 30 minutes at a time tho. :p

After that, Command Marshal requires the Warhawk Service medal, which you get after you've spent 25 hours each in aircraft, vehicle, and troop.

Colonel requires 100 Warhawk Wings ribbons, which means you have to have been the top player in 100 games. This will be difficult to scum in an organized fashion since only one person can be the top player. They'll have to start earning it here. :p

And General requires the Distinguished Air Combat medal, where you need to get 10,000 air-to-air kills. Again, I doubt they'll be able to set up servers where they take turns getting in warhawks and shooting each other down, so they'll have to man up again.

Edit: Ah, I forgot to mention, I saw a server dedicated to getting Team Cross medals today. You need 250 wins for that one, and it allows you to reach 1st Lieutenant. I got mine a couple days ago, legit. :p

noonche

I'm at work now, but I'll be able to get online in about 2.5 hours when I get home. Warhawk tuesdays are still on right? Will there be a GAF game up? How do I get invites?

spwolf

Sea Manky said:
General is 275,000 points.

The first big hurdle for the scummers will probably be the Captain rank, which requires the Air Combat medal, which requires 50 hours flight time. I suppose they can set up servers where they all hover there for 30 minutes at a time tho. :p

After that, Command Marshal requires the Warhawk Service medal, which you get after you've spent 25 hours each in aircraft, vehicle, and troop.

Colonel requires 100 Warhawk Wings ribbons, which means you have to have been the top player in 100 games. This will be difficult to scum in an organized fashion since only one person can be the top player. They'll have to start earning it here. :p

And General requires the Distinguished Air Combat medal, where you need to get 10,000 air-to-air kills. Again, I doubt they'll be able to set up servers where they take turns getting in warhawks and shooting each other down, so they'll have to man up again.

Edit: Ah, I forgot to mention, I saw a server dedicated to getting Team Cross medals today. You need 250 wins for that one, and it allows you to reach 1st Lieutenant. I got mine a couple days ago, legit. :p

heh, it would definetly make sense for them to actually kick players that are inactive for more than 5 minutes...

I like how they "solved" connection issue for now - just add load of servers so they wont be full :p

p.s. add me: nmook, so I can play with somone from gaf until stupid clan list bug isnt fixed...

spwolf said:
heh, it would definetly make sense for them to actually kick players that are inactive for more than 5 minutes...

I like how they "solved" connection issue for now - just add load of servers so they wont be full :p

p.s. add me: nmook, so I can play with somone from gaf until stupid clan list bug isnt fixed...

Yeah, I've tried to join you in a game a few times, you're usually gone. I rarely check the clan list anymore.

carlos

HELLO! .....hello....hello.... (echoes through empty online forum)

is anyone out there!?

still playing tonight?

Anyway, I'll be on in a couple of minutes (hope to find some of you eventually)

feel free to add me if you like ; PSN:carlos

edit; been having network shutdowns so far all night; haven't even gotten a full game in :(
lol, when I joined the same game again,I was on the other team; I didnt notice and killed he flag carrier....doh'

noonche

carlos said:
HELLO! .....hello....hello.... (echoes through empty online forum)

is anyone out there!?

still playing tonight?

Anyway, I'll be on in a couple of minutes (hope to find some of you eventually)

feel free to add me if you like ; PSN:carlos

edit; been having network shutdowns so far all night; haven't even gotten a full game in :(

Hey, I'll be getting on in a few minutes too. I'll add you. Other gaffers should add us as well.

PSN: alske

Pimpwerx

The mods need to put this thread back in the Gaming Forum. I would have signed on, but I totally forgot, and didn't come to this forum until just now. I'm Command Sergeant with only 600+ points. I have 40+ ribbons (half warhawk recruiting and joint something or the other), but hardly any points. Great K:D ratio (1.45), given my inauspicious start to playing this game. Some of you know what I mean, if you saw me on the GAF servers a few weeks ago. :lol

I get a lot of kills, but not a ton of points. I play ZNS, and usually only grab one or two zones at the very beginning. I am awful as a ground pounder, so I prefer to stay in the air doing air supremacy and support.

I jumped onto a SCEA server a few days that I thought was zones when it was really varied. It switched to CTF, and I kept playing the same way I normally do (homing missles for bogeys while TOW whoring). This time, my triple and double TOW kills started to mean something. It's the first time I've ever finished second in a round, and I don't feel like I played any more special than I did in the past. My points total from on CTF match was equal to what I'd get in 7 matches in zones. Kills just don't count for shit in zones. Now triple-killing the flag carrier convoy...that's some points. :D

Too bad the server didn't update my stats. It's the only time I got Master Wings, or whatever you get for being second on the winning team. I am pretty pissed about it, and understand what others mean when they claim to have had a server eat their amazing games. They're not all just fish stories afterall. :( PEACE.

Top Bottom