• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

This is where the thread it.

Everyone is now discussing strategic maneuvers with Warhawks and I'm just wondering if they ever fixed the stat tracking problem.

Raist

Banned
DoctorWho said:
This is where the thread it.

Everyone is now discussing strategic maneuvers with Warhawks and I'm just wondering if they ever fixed the stat tracking problem.

Yes and now.

Stats update now, but they also are a bit funky. Just turned lieutenant and I'm nowhere near the required points :lol

The leaderboards are awesome.

People with 200k point, with 198k team points, and less miles than me.

:|

Raist

Banned
Oh, missed this one.

Posted yesterday on the official EU boards

The servers will be off-line during our normal Maintenance window today between 1pm and 3pm (GMT).
This update will part of our continuing work to improve players stats as well as an increase in the total number of people allowed in a clan (now 64).
Sorry for the short notice on this, but I am sure you all understand, we are keen to get these fixes, no matter how small, live as soon as they are ready!
Thanks for your continuing understanding and support.

Steroyd PM'd me yesterday to tell me that he could send invites. So it looks like it's really fixed.

I wonder where are the other GAF clans leaders. PM'd them all, but haven't seen them post yet. :/

User 406

Banned
freethought said:
There's another medal, I forget the global requirements but I know I've done it, the IAR requirement is 50 combat points and I'm fairly sure I've done it a couple of times without getting the medal. Was that your first Warhawk badge? I'm certain it's going to be mine.

I don't remember what the first thing I got was, probably Bandit Swarm Missile. :p Exemplary Combat did elude me for a while, I ended up getting Distinguished Combat first. In a similar fashion, the Air Combat and Exemplary Air Combat medals seem to be oddly obtained. I'd easily gotten what's needed for Exemplary Air Combat long ago, but I'm still about 15 hours short of flight time for the Air Combat medal. Definitely some screwed up priorities there.

freethought said:
I'm missing three ribbons though; special ops, outstanding volunteer and the one where you have to make 1 kill with each troop weapon. I did get special ops once, after the stats were fixed but I never actually received it.

Special Ops was tricky, I suck at sniping, so I did the five sniper kills first. The knife and binoculars kills were a piece of cake after that. Well, once I managed to get the five snipes with enough time left for the other two. :p

Infantry Assault was a lot of fun, well, except for the snipe.

Outstanding Volunteer is easy, just run around and grab zones, flags, whatever, just don't press the trigger button. Although that can be hard to resist. XD

What I really like about the various medal/badge/ribbon requirements is that they help you shake up your game. I learned to use certain weapons and tactics a lot better because of them. I just wish they had more. Although I suppose I can always decide to collect more of the various ribbons.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10 hours today. Pretty dissapointed though. Still fun as ever though. MP GotY, clearly.

Mau ®

This game is TEH SHIT!.

Its amazing. Ive been playing this for about 4 hours straight. Last time that happened was with FFX-2. W00T!

Seiken said:
10 hours today. Pretty dissapointed though. Still fun as ever though. MP GotY, clearly.

Master Chief would like a chat with you in that back alley over there...

I'm voting for Warhawk hands down but Halo 3 wins because its Halo. Even though Halo 3 is Halo 2.5... and Halo 2 was Halo 1.5...

icechai

narcosis219 said:
Master Chief would like a chat with you in that back alley over there...

I'm voting for Warhawk hands down but Halo 3 wins because its Halo. Even though Halo 3 is Halo 2.5... and Halo 2 was Halo 1.5...

Halo 3 is a different monster, but in terms of overall experience, Halo 3 has a map editor and a deeply developed story. Now that Warhawk is successful, I'd like to see Incog go and make some campaigns to explain why Eucadians and Chernovans are fighting, and why is one of them always bald with either a eye patch or something covering their face. Action is a bit fast and furious for a forge-like in game map editor though, you'd be dead before you can even spawn all those TOW missles, or if you tried to stack tanks, just blowing one up would cause a massive chain reaction... wait, that might be kind of awesome :D

Pimpwerx

If clan sizes increase, can I get on the GAF East team? The GAF South crew is almost never online when I am, and I'm in Miami. I do see GAFe guys from time to time.

I also wish we could get a regular GAF tourney clan battles. If the limit is upped to 64 members, then we can combine some of the clans and always have enough players in rotation for the clan wars. Maybe get some organized competition with other forums. I just want to get playing with a regular group of people so we can gel. I've managed to catch this cool group of stoners on SCEA servers the last few weeks, and we've gotten our communication down. But it's not like we're forming a clan or anything. PEACE.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hi guys,

just wanted to say I wont be at home this weekend so I cant set up a Wowhawk server for the scheduled meeting. Sorry about that.

Blablurn

got a question. i have a little problem with my credit card. so i want to ask a friend of mine if he's gonna buy it for me. the question is : when he's using my account dates; can I download the game on MY PS3 after he bought it for me? with the same account he used before?

Steroyd

Blablurn said:
got a question. i have a little problem with my credit card. so i want to ask a friend of mine if he's gonna buy it for me. the question is : when he's using my account dates; can I download the game on MY PS3 after he bought it for me? with the same account he used before?

Whoever's account bought the game is the only account that can use it, so if your freind bought it under his own account you won't be able to use it unless your signed on as your friend, it doesn't work like previous PSN titles.

Blablurn

exactly. and because of this he shall use MY account. after he bought it I'm going to log into the same account again to play the game, right? it's all about my account.

Steroyd

Blablurn said:
exactly. and because of this he shall use MY account. after he bought it I'm going to log into the same account again to play the game, right? it's all about my account.

Oh I get, so he's going to use his CC details tied to your account, yeah you'll be fine.

User 406

Banned
If the clan invite bug is fixed, we should probably do a clan consolidation. At this point I'm sure that a lot of people currently in the various clans aren't playing anymore, so we might be able to get all the remaining regular players into one or two active clans. Maybe have the leaders of all the current subclans send a clan message to all the players asking them to respond if they want to remain, and then after a deadline, form consolidated clans from the list of people who responded.

For that matter, are all the subclan leaders even active anymore? I haven't ever seen Kaching on when I've looked at my clan list.

Steroyd

TTP said:
Hi guys,

just wanted to say I wont be at home this weekend so I cant set up a Wowhawk server for the scheduled meeting. Sorry about that.

You mean we'll have to go with 12 people servers now? :(

Not that that's bad just more people, more mayhem, more fun.

icehai said:
yeah, I'd like to be switched over to GAFe or GAFu, I see quite a bunch of them when I play but never any of my clanmates.

sure, I'll send you an invite, I thing Queeg is clanless to, see if he wants to join as well.

For that matter, are all the subclan leaders even active anymore? I haven't ever seen Kaching on when I've looked at my clan list.

Kaching works from the shadows, he's barely on in Resistance but gets the clan invites done and stuff.

Pimpwerx

Is there anyone else playing this on SDTV? You can't read the zone numbers no the map. I was wondering how everyone seems to know these zone numbers pretty well, and reeling them off rapidly, but I realize now that they can read the numbers on their screens. For SDTV, it's too small even for my sharp eyes. Are there maps online with numbered zones for reference? PEACE.

Ceb

Steroyd said:
You mean we'll have to go with 12 people servers now? :(

Not that that's bad just more people, more mayhem, more fun.

I can host a 24-player server, but if I stay home tonight I'm gonna want to join in on the fun, so it'll be unranked in that case.

Raist

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Is there anyone else playing this on SDTV? You can't read the zone numbers no the map. I was wondering how everyone seems to know these zone numbers pretty well, and reeling them off rapidly, but I realize now that they can read the numbers on their screens. For SDTV, it's too small even for my sharp eyes. Are there maps online with numbered zones for reference? PEACE.

I took the maps from mycheats and tweaked em a bit (they showed some numbers but those had nothing to do with the actual zones). Those maps also show the weapons and health positions. Oh, and just noticed that they actually put twice the same image. Can't find the warhawk weapons map for the island outpost :/

Kind of a quick & dirty jobs, sorry :p

Anyway, there you go (image is 1.5MB lulz)

2rm89aw.jpg

Crisis

Banned
Hey all. It seems like Sony's releasing Warhawk at retail minus the headset on the 10th for $39.99

click.

I know most of you already have the game but maybe this will make the fence-sitters want to get in.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How the hell do i take down planes with one rocket launcher missile??? Ppl always do it to me.

spwolf

Crisis said:
Hey all. It seems like Sony's releasing Warhawk at retail minus the headset on the 10th for $39.99

click.

I know most of you already have the game but maybe this will make the fence-sitters want to get in.

good, as most shops sold out their initial allocation.

ALSO, can we get some more games going together somehow? with influx of new european players, CTF matches are becoming frustratin, since I usually end up on the team that has no clue how to pay the game... freethought's and TTP's help would be nice :D

Ceb

spwolf said:
ALSO, can we get some more games going together somehow? with influx of new european players, CTF matches are becoming frustratin, since I usually end up on the team that has no clue how to pay the game... freethought's and TTP's help would be nice :D

Yeah, it really sucks playing on a shitty team. There's a scheduled meetup a little over one hour from now. Like I said before, I can host if you don't mind playing unranked.

Steroyd

Ceb said:
Yeah, it really sucks playing on a shitty team. There's a scheduled meetup a little over one hour from now. Like I said before, I can host if you don't mind playing unranked.

With the stats and promotions being a mess, I don't think it would make much difference, at least we should be stat whore free.

Ceb

OK, I'll set up a server an hour from now then.

GAF_only
Pass: meltdown

I'm thinking CTF only. Anyone want a dogfight game or some zones?

Raist

Banned
Some Zones and Dogfights (normal deathmatches are boring imo) are nice. Not a fan of one type games servers, feels too repetitive.

edit : and don't forget that we have an IRC channel guys... should be way easier to set up servers, matchmaking, kick non gaffers when someone hosts an open serv etc etc etc

#GAFhawk on irc.irchighway.net

Pimpwerx

I'll try and get on around halftime of this Notre Dame stomping. Saturdays and Sundays are hard for me during football season. I usually only get on late night.

Thanks for the maps, Raist. I would never have figured out those zone numbers on my own. Well, I would if I ever paid attention to the messages that pop-up when you cap/lose a zone. But you made it a lot easier. My favorite maps are Eucadia and Island Outpost. PEACE.

SRG01

Here's a question: Why have the SCEA servers (CTF) stopped serving up Destroyed Capital? It was one of my favorite maps. :(

carlos

commish said:
How the hell do i take down planes with one rocket launcher missile??? Ppl always do it to me.

It happens constantly to me too; I think it's one of two things:

- either because of lag, or some bug, damage on your warhawk isn't recorded (so it seems like your health is full when it isn't). This hapens often, I have to keep track of who and how they hit me, so I have an idea of how much life i have left.

-or damage depends on where they hit you with the rocket (hitting you on a wing does less damage than a shot to the cockpit (don't know if it's true, but I imagine it is).

anyway, yeah, its a real WTF moment, "like how the hell goddamn piece of crap one missle!" :(

icechai

SRG01 said:
Here's a question: Why have the SCEA servers (CTF) stopped serving up Destroyed Capital? It was one of my favorite maps. :(

look for the 24 player max servers, they probably think the map is better for less people than 32.

icechai

carlos said:

- either because of lag, or some bug, damage on your warhawk isn't recorded (so it seems like your health is full when it isn't). This hapens often, I have to keep track of who and how they hit me, so I have an idea of how much life i have left.

-or damage depends on where they hit you with the rocket (hitting you on a wing does less damage than a shot to the cockpit (don't know if it's true, but I imagine it is).

anyway, yeah, its a real WTF moment, "like how the hell goddamn piece of crap one missle!" :(

It does seem like damage is based on where it hits. I've never been taken down with a rocket in one hit, but i'm always changing my hover position, and sometimes when i go next to a cliff it hits my wing and i lose only 1/4 of my life instead of 1/2. Also, are you sure the warhawk you get into is at full life? A lot of times people damage warhawks on purpose for this very reason, especially when raiding bases.

carlos

100% sure about the damage issue, it's happened many many times (but I don't know if its on official or private servers or both)

I can get into a newly spawned warhawk, fly and get hit with a homing missle (takes about 80% of the life meter), yet the meter stays full; suddenly I die from machine gun fire with a full health bar.

That's how I started noticing it; since then I notice it frequently, it must be a netcode or lag issue.

spwolf

Steroyd said:
Oh joy I log on to find out I'm a second lieutennant now, what's the point in stats padding again?

point is that there are 30 other ranks you can get :D

seriously though, i like how ranks work right now - almost - for 40 hrs of playing, if everything was fine, you would get to 3rd or 4th rank... thats "a bit" too hard...

Ceb

Steroyd said:
Maybe we should open up this server and try to get us all on the same team Pre games are burning me out.

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. Not having a router rears its ugly head again. =/

I'd really like to know why everyone suddenly stopped playing warhawk... that f'in sucks :|

No kidding. There's definitely less than like 10 people on the GAFu clan list who are still active. I've only seen the usual handful of people from the US playing too.

Steroyd said:
Pre-games... too much...burnt out...

Pretty sure he meant the GAF community as a whole. At least that's what I've been thinking since last weekend. :(

Raist

Banned
Steroyd said:
Pre-games... too much...burnt out...

No, just everyone. I mean, we used to have a lot of people playing (I remember the thread being filled by "zomg kick someone I wanna join plz") and now... were barely manage to have 8 people.

I don't know but, it's been like that since the thread has been moved... people stopped posting and playing.

SRG01

icechai said:
look for the 24 player max servers, they probably think the map is better for less people than 32.

At the beginning, there were a lot of 24/medium sized maps. But now, there only has been 32/large sized maps for the SCEA servers. :( Except for two days ago. Then those servers disappeared.

I haven't seen any of the new GAFu clan members yet. If we can't move the thread back into gaming, maybe someone could make a new thread in Gaming talking about the drop-off in players which mentions and links to this thread. Not sure what the mods would think, could just start a thread about the European release coming without a mic and just happen to mention the situation in the OP.

Good couple of games, Carlos owned me in a dogfight, well played sir. Sorry for ducking out like that, I was cooking.

S. L.

duh i was just kicked for the first time from a server
apparently i did too many teamkills?
collateral mine teamkills ftl :(

WTFing

Banned
Raist said:
I don't know but, it's been like that since the thread has been moved... people stopped posting and playing.
It's sad ;(
Anyway I am still having fun with Warhawk almost everyday. freetought one day i'll beat you in dogfight, one day ... :lol

Raist said:
No, just everyone. I mean, we used to have a lot of people playing (I remember the thread being filled by "zomg kick someone I wanna join plz") and now... were barely manage to have 8 people.

I still play a lot, but yeah since the thread moved to Siberia here I've been forgetting to check up on the GAF games. Folks still down for Tuesdays?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
carlos said:

Yeah I think you are right. People were complaining today because there were quite a few "wtf" moments where ppl had full health and died so easily. Seems like it could be lag or a bug on their end, but no biggie. I guess I just have to be more careful :)

carlos

Yeah, nice few games we had, but I wonder if we'll ever be able to get a big group together (over 100 people signed up for clans, most I've ever seen at once is 8). oh, and I'm sorry for leaving during a couple of games, every time a phone call comes in, network shutdown :( (so very annoying, especially since I think stats don't get recorded until the match ends).

icechai

Bugnology said:
It's sad ;(
Anyway I am still having fun with Warhawk almost everyday. freetought one day i'll beat you in dogfight, one day ... :lol

I feel Manky's a lot harder in a dogfight :p from the short time I played with them, freethought seems like a pretty even battle, while I can get Sea_Manky maybe 1 out of 4 times we meet, then again it doesn't help I'm usually ganged up on whenever I fight them.. stupid teamwork :p

Top Bottom