• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Trevelyan

Banned
Anyone still playing right now? No work tomorrow so I plan on playing through most of the night. :lol

BTW, in order for the clan list to update what game you're in, you have to log out of the system and then back in, otherwise it'll still list the room you were in an hour ago. At least that's what I've noticed.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before! The U could stand for united! I'm still voting to keep GAFu. Think about it; "GAFu motherfucker". It just flows of the tongue.

Oh, and Spwolf, Raist and WTFing aren't on your list Steroyd. They still play regularly. Speaking of which, just where is TTP?

Steroyd

Yeah I forgot about Chryz to.

TTP said he was going to be busy over last weekend haven't seen him since.

GAFU. :lol

Nah that looks like one word, i'm attached to what it is now.

CSSer

it seems like both of you have created the GAF clan... maybe the only thing that matters is that clans don't use the same tag and name simultaneously. Anyways, going to log on soon.

S. L.

hmm thats some weird shit. i assume their database is just ass slow so we were both able to create a GAF clan.
disbanded mine now.

and why the hell did i get promoted to Commander ;_;
now i can't play on half of the sony servers anymore

CSSer

S. L. said:
hmm thats some weird shit. i assume their database is just ass slow so we were both able to create a GAF clan.
disbanded mine now.

Actually there are 2 GAFe clans. I was in GAFe 2, which was led by kaching.

_RT_

I was on again last night for about 2 hours.
Actually played with someone from GAF, but I don't recall the name.

Get me in that new revised clan. I'll be on again tonight.

Thanks-

GAF name: _RT_
PS3: RT_Boston

User 406

Banned
Yay, I'm in. Can you edit the clan name? "Noegaf" is pretty glaring. :X

Also, you forgot johnFKennedy, angelcage, carlos, Escalation, and spwolf. Plus there were a lot of people posting to Pimpwerx' thread that aren't on the list and might still be playing regularly, might want to send them invites.

I believe mintylurb is also interested from talking to him on irc.

Edit: Heh, so I see three clan members in a game and try to join. Game full. :X

Edit 2: We should also see about getting the new clan database edited into the OP.

icechai

wow, seriously, you should see how many people just stay at the base without wanting to move in that game... >< Its called Zones, way too many people still treat all games like death matches

Steroyd

I go on a Warhawk binge and this happens.

I'll just change it to GAF it's... a temp placeholder name yeah they'll fall for that.

User 406

Banned
Sorry I had to bail there guys, the kid needed another diaper change and it was time for lunch. Really good teamwork though. :D

spwolf

i dont care what the name is, i just want to play with other members... sucks big time when you are on CTF team that doesnt know how to play...

yesterday I damaged monkey's 4x4 to 95%, and he was able to pass through 10 different players without them killing him... crazy.... flag is in the middle of bridge and single guy is recovering it, 10 different guys running around doing crap.

Steroyd

Guys I'll be putting up a 12 man ranked server at 7:45 GMT i.e 15 minutes watching a certain Liverpool vs Marseille match, will most likely leave the server running all night.

I'll just call it Gaf.

_RT_

lol. I just found out people are creating 8-12 person CTF rooms just to increase their stats.

And here I was wondering why I had been kicked and banned from three different CTF games when I would kill someone with the flag or actually try to make it back to the base when I stole the flag.

Makes me wonder why I even play ranked games.

Pimpwerx

_RT_ said:
People are dead afraid of dying in ranked games b/c it fucks up their stats. If their have a poor k:d already, they're not gonna want to run headlong into more heat. But that's why I think online ranking games should allow you to reset your stats if you want. Just flush everything, including playtime so they are set back to zero. And keep their last stats stores so there can be a recovery if there's an error. I think if people were less concerned with stats they'd learn the game faster. It might be easier to get people to focus on team-based action.

Those badges don't help either. I want to get the Bandit 4x4 just to make sure I can get ranked properly when it's fixed. But on a lot of maps, the 4x4 is pretty useless. So for the two games I tried it in last night, I was tooling around the countryside trying to find some troops to kill, while most people were zipping around in warhawks. Bah. PEACE.

spwolf

_RT_ said:
lol. I just found out people are creating 8-12 person CTF rooms just to increase their stats.

And here I was wondering why I had been kicked and banned from three different CTF games when I would kill someone with the flag or actually try to make it back to the base when I stole the flag.

thats why i play 32p games when I can... if I ever play 24p game, seamonkey is usually there to beat me 3:0... I bet he loves those smaller24p maps that make it so much easier to score :D

carlos

Thans for the invite, good to see the clan members actually active ;)

Sea manky, sorry about not talking during those zone matches where we got blown out, headset ran out of juice again and only now do I realize that you can't use it while it charges.
Damn, those were some infuriating zones games, it felt like it was 5 on 2 :(

User 406

Banned
Hey, I play both large and small games! >:| Besides, what RT is talking about is the organized scumming servers where they just have one guy grab and drop the flag over and over for the team to recover. Fortunately those are the minority. I don't go into CTF only servers anyway, variety is the spice of life.

Screw kill/death ratios, I'm proud that I was the #1 guy in deaths for a good long time. If you've got a really high k/d, then you're either A) a combat monster, or B) aren't where you're supposed to be. And if you think you're in group A, you probably aren't. XD

I will get back that #1 deaths spot.

Oh, and freethought and icehai, thanks for beating the stuffing out of me and carlos there. :p

And I got my Distinguished Solider medal! \m/

Top Bottom