• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

icechai

yeah my mic died in those games w/ Free, Carlos and Manky, so when I saw the rest of you playing I couldn't say anything :(

carlos

Yeah, I've learned my lesson, I'm charging the headset at every opportunity...

I'll be online later, hope to see some of you :)

Trevelyan

Banned
carlos said:
Yeah, I've learned my lesson, I'm charging the headset at every opportunity...

I'll be online later, hope to see some of you :)
I'll be online later tonight as well, most likely after the Angels/BoSox game. Hope to see some of you then.

h3ro

I was having a great zones with some of you guys until i got a damn connection error...
Its awesome finally being in the clan though! Thanks for the invite Steroyd

I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but it seems like the clan consolidation has been at least a medium success. Now if only Incog could fix the updating... Looking forward to playing with you all.

dionysus

Yaldog
Good games with Carlos and Sea_Manky, we really started owning the other team near the end. I just noticed I am a second lt, I am assuming this is a bug cause I only have enough points for Chief Sergeant.

Sea_Manky, you are a beast in the warhawk.

Trevelyan

Banned
Sea Manky said:
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Was having a really fun mass dogfight with you guys, then BAM CONSOLE FREEZE

:(
Hah, that was a blast. I was wondering what happened to you. I'm taking a break for about an hour to watch some baseball and Family Guy, if anyone is gonna be on around 12est, thats when i'll be back on.

Kalren

My warhawking is my weak part of my game, but I had a lot of fun tonight. Glad to get the Invite and find some GAF'rs to play with.

And Kudos to Sea Manky and Carlos. Brilliant performance.

PSN Xostas

Grayman

I haven't played for a long period of time in awhile but anytime I log on there are zero people playing in GAFw and no GAF servers in north america... dub tee eff mens?

Steroyd

Grayman said:
I haven't played for a long period of time in awhile but anytime I log on there are zero people playing in GAFw and no GAF servers in north america... dub tee eff mens?

Which is why we made Gaf U (Ultimate) a clan of people who haven't moved on a clan we can play together cohesively and pwn everyone in sight... a clan as bright as the nights sky.

carlos

thanks for the compliments guys, it was really great to see a decent group of us pwning out there :)

Hey sea manky, I take out the guys on your tail, just to have you turn around and blast me? what gratitude ;p you're lucky every time I'm on your tail, I only have the machine gun left ;)

and Rc213, sorry about that friendly fire in one of those zones games, I don't know where my head was at, I finally realized that you were friendly when I tried to finish you off with the pistol, and I'm like "why won't it lock on!?"

WTFing

Banned
freethought said:
Oh, and Spwolf, Raist and WTFing aren't on your list Steroyd. They still play regularly. Speaking of which, just where is TTP?
Thanks man, I've accepted the clan request. Steroyd, watch your back if we play on the same team ... :lol
This consolidation is a good thing, I hope it will bring more Gaf games.

Steroyd

Wasn't playing last night because I was watching football (and I mean REAL football), I browsed through the clan members list and it was nice to see how many people were online at once in all in almost the same server. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Warhawk hit Japan today. Download-only and I'm sure it won't be even a blip on anyone's radar.

Anyway, I like what I've played and I'm interested in the clan, but is there any point to joining if it's generally the morning for me when it's night time for you guys? :/

Steroyd

Lyte Edge said:
Warhawk hit Japan today. Download-only and I'm sure it won't be even a blip on anyone's radar.

Anyway, I like what I've played and I'm interested in the clan, but is there any point to joining if it's generally the morning for me when it's night time for you guys? :/

There are some members I see playing Warhawk when I wake up in the morning (Queeg i'm looking at you), and Clan nights are on the weekends so why not?

Don't forget to inform me if there's any Gaffers I've missed out in the Clan.

ChryZ

Damn, this thread is really off my radar. I've notice the clan regroup via the warhawk gui and then read up about it today. ^_^;

Must keep an eye on this thread.

Steroyd

I have found a new way to play Warhawk... when i'm uber pissed like today with no Pro Evo demo popping up again, I was playing pissed off this morning and became the top player in Team Deathmatch I haven't became top player in anything since Warhawk was released. :O

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
I have found a new way to play Warhawk... when i'm uber pissed like today with no Pro Evo demo popping up again, I was playing pissed off this morning and became the top player in Team Deathmatch I haven't became top player in anything since Warhawk was released. :O
Let's feed this monster, "Any news about Super Puzzle Fighter HD PSN for the UK/EU?" :lol

h3ro

After that butt whooping carlos and sea manky dropped on my, I decided to play some of Teh Haloz and get yelled at by some pre-pubescent 14 year olds... Too bad my Xbox doesn't wan't me to finish this fight.

I keep getting these damn disc read errors every time I put in the disc. Other games work fine. Its apparently a huge problem, with both the xbox.com forums and Bungie.net forums having over 2000 replies each with people having this error. (this issue is separate from the scratched discs in the Limited edition, I have the standard edition of the game)
What the hell MS/Bungie!!

Whatever, more time for Wowhawk!!

Oh, for those with a JAP PSN account, check out the Japanese PSN store, they have a 20 minute Warhawk video done by Famitsu. I don't speak Japanese, but it looks like the Famitsu review crew taking on the team of localizers for Warhawk in Japan. All of them have Final Fantasy hair too!

Ceb

Lyte Edge said:

With both EU and US timezones in the clan and with members playing both in the morning and in the evening, why not? Join us!

h3ro said:
After that butt whooping carlos and sea manky dropped on my, I decided to play some of Teh Haloz and get yelled at by some pre-pubescent 14 year olds... Too bad my Xbox doesn't wan't me to finish this fight.

I keep getting these damn disc read errors every time I put in the disc. Other games work fine. Its apparently a huge problem, with both the xbox.com forums and Bungie.net forums having over 2000 replies each with people having this error. (this issue is separate from the scratched discs in the Limited edition, I have the standard edition of the game)
What the hell MS/Bungie!!

Seriously though, what is going on at MS. Did they dissolve their QA department. It seems like new problems with every release.

Anyway, any news on that patch yet. Clan list needs to be fixed, ranking bug too. Every MFer is a Commander, pretty sure I should only be a Sergeant Major.

Steroyd

Urge... to kill... nullified... by LocoRoco's....

No PES demo AARRGH!! .... Locoroco's... No PES DEMO.... Locoroco's.... No PES demo.... Loco's....

Steroyd said:
Urge... to kill... nullified... by LocoRoco's....

No PES demo AARRGH!! .... Locoroco's... No PES DEMO.... Locoroco's.... No PES demo.... Loco's....

I don't know, sometimes I want to kill the, I'm unsure, is the shortened form Loco or 'roco. Why won't you build a tower you quivering bags of goo. Then they start singing... (sniff, warms me on the inside)

Further derailing but does anyone think their song sounds like the one in Waterbabies?

edit: Just tried to join that game Ceb, damn thing froze before I even spawned. This game needs a patch like Steroyd needs that Pro Evo demo.

And do mine eyes deceive me, TTP online?

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
Hey sea manky, I take out the guys on your tail, just to have you turn around and blast me? what gratitude ;p you're lucky every time I'm on your tail, I only have the machine gun left ;)

Hey man, when I dodge a string of thirty or so missiles and turn around and there's just you there, what am I supposed to think? :X And machine guns aren't a weapon of last resort, they're the primary weapon! The missiles are just there to speed up the process.

Guys, any more derailing our sole marginalized thread about Warhawk with talk of other games will result in being exclusively hunted down repeatedly in the next game
by carlos.

Firewire said:
So are the clan problems fixed?

Not really. There's still no party system and the clan list still isn't updating properly. There's now one consolidated (or Ultimate if you'll allow) GAF clan so finding other gaffers is a lot easier at least. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned a new patch was just finished but there's no official word on when it's coming or what it does. Hopefully it'll fix some of the more tiresome community aspects but who knows.

edit: Oh yeah, the invites did get sorted. I totally forgot about that.

h3ro

Sea Manky said:
Hey man, when I dodge a string of thirty or so missiles and turn around and there's just you there, what am I supposed to think? :X And machine guns aren't a weapon of last resort, they're the primary weapon! The missiles are just there to speed up the process.

Guys, any more derailing our sole marginalized thread about Warhawk with talk of other games will result in being exclusively hunted down repeatedly in the next game
by carlos.

Bring it on... I'm full of cheaply built console RAGE!! :p

User 406

Banned
Woohoo! Today has been productive already and it's only lunchtime! Got Grenade Warhawk, Homing Missile Warhawk, and the coveted Legion of Merit medal! Turns out that a zone defend means simply killing an enemy inside your zone. Now to eat lunch, then get the Team Death Match medal. :d

Ceb

Sea Manky said:
Turns out that a zone defend means simply killing an enemy inside your zone.

D'oh, so I guess blasting attacking warhawks with my rocket launcher doesn't count. Oh well, still good for the team I suppose. :D

Btw, is it impossible to get the Marksman medal with the rocket launcher? The description says "any troop weapon", but I've never gotten it even after meeting the IAR for it.

Steroyd

What about Clan meetups, I know on the weekend Gafu agreed to 6PM GMT but what does that translate to everyone else in different timezones?

And when I mean translate I mean convenience in general.

User 406

Banned
Ceb said:
D'oh, so I guess blasting attacking warhawks with my rocket launcher doesn't count. Oh well, still good for the team I suppose. :D

Btw, is it impossible to get the Marksman medal with the rocket launcher? The description says "any troop weapon", but I've never gotten it even after meeting the IAR for it.

Near as I can tell, you have to do the IAR requirements after the global requirements. There were a number of medals and badges where I did the IAR requirements many times over, but after I got the global requirements, I had to do it again.

I don't remember what weapon I used to get Marksman. Like you I had planned on using the rocket launcher for it, but the medal popped up one day when I was using something else. :p It's not that hard a medal to get because of the lock on abilities of a number of the weapons.

dionysus

Yaldog
Steroyd said:
What about Clan meetups, I know on the weekend Gafu agreed to 6PM GMT but what does that translate to everyone else in different timezones?

And when I mean translate I mean convenience in general.

By my calcs that makes it something like 12PM CST, hmm, seems doable here.

dionysus

Yaldog
Sea Manky said:
Near as I can tell, you have to do the IAR requirements after the global requirements. There were a number of medals and badges where I did the IAR requirements many times over, but after I got the global requirements, I had to do it again.

I don't remember what weapon I used to get Marksman. Like you I had planned on using the rocket launcher for it, but the medal popped up one day when I was using something else. :p It's not that hard a medal to get because of the lock on abilities of a number of the weapons.

Marksman is the 25% medal right? I get that one alot, probably 50% of games. Its all about the rifle and the ground game.

Tailzo

Oh my GOD! I have never before had so much fun in a shooter game! I started playing the game today. At first I kept crashing, suiciding, but it was still kinda fun. Then after 4-5 rounds I started understanding how to capture bases. It was maybe the 5th round that I ended up in 4th place total, with only a kill or something. Then, the last round I played, I ended up in first place out of a lot of people. WITH NO KILLS! I just kamikaze flew right into the ennemies bases. I took over a lot of bases, I guess I had a lot of luck, I got several medals, and it ws just awesome!! What a luck! I usually suck in all these kinda games.

Top Bottom