• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can two people play splitscreen (on one PS3) against another guy on another PS3?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CSSer said:
yes, but only in unranked games.
Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, I looked at my clan invites, and I have one from Gaf U and Gaf South...am currently in GAFn... if Gafu the "final" one?

dionysus

Yaldog
I'll be missing the meet-up time to play some golf. Catch you guys some other time.

And Sea Manky, I was so frustrated when we were playing against each other earlier today. Christ, my team was terrible. Noone trying to take or defend nodes. And everytime I tried to do it, your ass would show up in a Warhawk.

Steroyd

Yeah whenever I see Freethought and Sea Manky on the same team and I'm not I mash that switch team option till I switch sides.

User 406

Banned
Arrrghhh, WHY do I always get lockups in dogfights? :mad:

Oh well, I guess I'll make lunch now.

Yeah dionysus, that was a blowout. Our team was doing constant productive radio chatter. Almost everyone we had was doing things right.

Hey freethought, how did you like my rocket launcher grenade combo against your tank in that early game? :D

Sea Manky said:
Arrrghhh, WHY do I always get lockups in dogfights? :mad:

Oh well, I guess I'll make lunch now.

Yeah dionysus, that was a blowout. Our team was doing constant productive radio chatter. Almost everyone we had was doing things right.

Hey freethought, how did you like my rocket launcher grenade combo against your tank in that early game? :D

Yeah, mine froze too. :(

You were owning me pretty solidly before I switched though, that Tank was just annihilated. Good show.

edit: I'll be on in a few Steroyd.

carlos

heh, sorry for leaving, but those matches put me in a terrible mood; made me shut both my ps3's off, even the one that was folding that had nothing to do with it-having missles locked on to me just as I'm taking off is not my idea of fun-

Seriously, what's up with the matchmaking, 5 on 2 gaffers, plus then since people on our team are leaving, its even against greater odds o_O, and then there's no changing of the balance even after a zones match ends 5000-0087?

So there you have it, unbalanced teams caused the cure for cancer to not be discovered ;p

Steroyd

Christ that Archipeligro match where my team got hammered... christ.

The most I could do was temporarily take a zone while the others hopefully took advantage of Sea mankey and Freethought being distracted. nope didn't work. :lol

...and then carlos came in to play. :(

carlos

wait, what?
I was getting hammered alongside you, streoyd
That was also a variation of archipielago that I hadn't seen before, so I was a bit lost as to item placement as well.

In the dogfight after that zones game,I see someone on my team getting ganged up by 4 or 5 of you and rush in to help, only to have about 17 missles locked on to me....I think I spent more time waiting on the respawning timer than I was alive, overall.

Anyway, I overreacted a bit, I've been on a diet lately and I didn't get much sleep last night, so that didn't help my mood....

Raist

Banned
No seriously that was terrible.

At least I had a laugh when freethought made us run into a mine, and then I did the exact same thing 2 minutes later :lol

Steroyd

Raist said:

At least I had a laugh when freethought made us run into a mine, and then I did the exact same thing 2 minutes later :lol

:lol Yeah what was with that I kept laying the mines and the kills kept racking up.

carlos

Steroyd said:
Maybe not you but someone else who was good kept pwning me from GAF. :/

I remember freethought, cacophony, sea manky, redemptor and justjohn

yes, I will remember you for future name taking ;)

Raist, steroyd and myself were on the other team

Grayman

I had some fun on the gaf server for the last half hour or hour. I see that i am still great at beating unorganized teams in CTF :D

One person was tearing me up and probably is my worst enemy on the stats now. [die]mountain666 or something.

So most people wanting to rank up do you just whore the bandit 4x4? do machine gun kills count or only run overs? I want some more hot paintjobs for my hawks.

User 406

Banned
Grayman said:
So most people wanting to rank up do you just whore the bandit 4x4? do machine gun kills count or only run overs? I want some more hot paintjobs for my hawks.

Machine gun kills count, but the easiest way to get that badge is to play deathmatch. Just get in a jeep and start running people over.

Raist said:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Even funnier considering I was all like; "Keep an eye out for mines" then BOOM. I just kept running into Steroyd's mines that whole game. At least I got some mine kills of my own though.:D

Sorry for bailing so quickly there Spwolf, I'm knackered. Haven't been feeling too well.

Raist

Banned
freethought said:
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Even funnier considering I was all like; "Keep an eye out for mines" then BOOM. I just kept running into Steroyd's mines that whole game. At least I got some mine kills of my own though.:D

Sorry for bailing so quickly there Spwolf, I'm knackered. Haven't been feeling too well.

Well, my headset was out of juice.

I did hear some mumble thourgh my TV speakers tho, and I was like "hmmm hu oh" and then boom :lol

That said, even with my headset during the first games I had terrible sound :/

Steroyd

Raist said:
Steroyd quickly switched teams, this traitor :p

CTF I bailed the red team because I hate starting in the middle of the badlands, and from then on Team Balancing came into play.

I need to learn to rack up kills quickly in Dogfights I'm slow as heck.

Halvie

Banned
To anyone that has this and Halo 3...is this better skill wise? After finally getting half way decent in H3 I have come to the conclusion it isn't really fun, challenging, and gets boring pretty damn fast. How would you guys compare the two?

carlos

I can't comment on Halo 3, but

if you're decent at WH, you'll find a lot of competition and close games;

Once you start getting great at it, you'll likely be first in most scea official servers, so to really be challenged by it you have to play with other great players (on clan Gaf U) or you'll occasionally run into someone godly randomly on official servers.

a couple days ago ran into someone who in a deathmatch, he got 25 kills in 1:48 o_O the score closest to his was 4 kills, lol

anyway, there is a lot of variety, different goals and ways to play WH, so even if you are very good, there's always something you can improve upon

User 406

Banned
Man, I was in a game with two fairly weak teams, at one point there was a two man imbalance so I switched sides. Then in a CTF game, the flags are at opposite bases, and this fucknut on my new team tries to kill me with his pistol when I've got the flag. An enemy comes in and kills us both, so fucknut respawns picks up the flag. I'm like whatever, I'll go get ours back. But no, he gets in a jeep, and hightails it for the enemy base. So I said screw it, switched teams back, then beat their asses for a few more games. :p

Tailzo

I really enjoy playing zones gamemode. I've only had this game since friday, but I really like it. I seem to recall reading about a gaf server earlier in the thread, but I can't find it when I'm online. Do you have a gaf clan too? My PSN id is Tailzo.

Seiken said:
Can two people play splitscreen (on one PS3) against another guy on another PS3?
you mean two splitscreen going online against other people?

User 406

Banned
GAF servers are up whenever people put them up, we don't have a dedicated one. Keep an eye on this thread, they'll typically post when they put one up.

Steroyd should send you an invite to the GAF clan. Once you're in the clan you can check the member list and see who's on and join into whatever games they're in. Gaffers tend to be good players. :)

As far as I understand it, you can have up to four people playing splitscreen on a single PSX3 in both online and LAN games. The only restriction on this is that if you have more than one person on a machine, you can only connect to unranked games. Never actually done it myself.

Okay! Three more team game wins, and I'll get my Exemplary Team Cross! :D

Tailzo

^
Cool, thank you! I tried making a game just for fun. Suddenly I think there was a member of the gaf clan that joined the pregame. I was killed 15 times by that person. Yeah, I think you guys are good. I'm still very new to this game.

commish

carlos said:
I can't comment on Halo 3, but

if you're decent at WH, you'll find a lot of competition and close games;

Once you start getting great at it, you'll likely be first in most scea official servers, so to really be challenged by it you have to play with other great players (on clan Gaf U) or you'll occasionally run into someone godly randomly on official servers.

a couple days ago ran into someone who in a deathmatch, he got 25 kills in 1:48 o_O the score closest to his was 4 kills, lol

anyway, there is a lot of variety, different goals and ways to play WH, so even if you are very good, there's always something you can improve upon

Yeah, this is exactly true. Once you get good, you'll always finish at the top of the charts. But now I just try to win, even if it means getting very few points by just defending a single flag in zones (if a team would defend, they'd win 98% of the time) or just making sure my team always has the bases in a CTF. I'm also spending much more time in the air now in an effort to improve my dogfighting skills. I'm the worst :)

Steroyd

I don't seem to get timeout issues anymore... anyone setting up a server I want big maps rather than my lame 12 man maps. :mad:

Steroyd

Where do I go to report cheaters I want to ban AssasiN's candy ass. :mad:

It's precisely spelt AssassinN what a retard he pops up on players met. :lol

Steroyd said:

That was some major league bullshit right there. Was he just invisible or was he shooting through walls as well? His ID was AssassinN if anyone knows how to get his ass banned.

Steroyd

It seemed he was shooting through the walls what I don't get is that he seemed to shoot through what the hell he wanted, someone put a tank in the way and at first I thought someone jumped in the tank and pwned my ass but then I started getting killed from nothing.

Ceb

I once encountered a guy who must've had a magical sniper tank. In Island Outpost from maybe across half the map, he picked off the flag carrier who was just about to capture the flag and anyone else who recaptured it.

commish

Steroyd said:

I was on his team for that round before I was able to switch to the GAF team. He was a complete tool, yelling how awesome he was and how good he score was, etc etc.

Top Bottom