• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Grayman

I don't think anyone was cheating but I hit a weird spot of lag or a feature unknown to me. I was physically touching someone backpedaling away and knife hacking them for 10 seconds without results. They were in the kill range for sure.

Steroyd

I was sending my complaint via PSP not sure if it went through but when you click cheating and then submit does it go back to the first screen?

Steroyd said:
I was sending my complaint via PSP not sure if it went through but when you click cheating and then submit does it go back to the first screen?

Didn't for me. Did you have to do the ol' 'type in the characters' thing?

User 406

Banned
For those of you unaware of how to combat the invisible tank glitch, look at VilgeDuin's post in this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/warhawk/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-38642597&pid=928383&page=1

So if some cunt is doing this, just start checking out tanks on the map and look for a guy standing still. Knife his ass, then post his name to the complaint form.

I still haven't been hit by one of these, although I'm sure it's happened in games I've been in, since I've ended up killing motionless guys like this a lot lately. If I catch someone doing this for sure, I'll be sure to hunt his ass down continuously.

Got my Exemplary Team Cross medal! :D

Only medals I'm missing now are Capture The Flag, which will take forever to get 500 flag captures, Warhawk Service, Air Combat, and Exemplary Air Combat, which will take forever to get the stats to register the proper number of hours of air/vehicle time, and Distinguished Air Combat, which I'll probably get the 10,000 air to air kills for before any of the others. :p

Grayman

Sea Manky said:
For those of you unaware of how to combat the invisible tank glitch, look at VilgeDuin's post in this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/warhawk/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-38642597&pid=928383&page=1

So if some cunt is doing this, just start checking out tanks on the map and look for a guy standing still. Knife his ass, then post his name to the complaint form.

I still haven't been hit by one of these, although I'm sure it's happened in games I've been in, since I've ended up killing motionless guys like this a lot lately. If I catch someone doing this for sure, I'll be sure to hunt his ass down continuously.

Got my Exemplary Team Cross medal! :D

Only medals I'm missing now are Capture The Flag, which will take forever to get 500 flag captures, Warhawk Service, Air Combat, and Exemplary Air Combat, which will take forever to get the stats to register the proper number of hours of air/vehicle time, and Distinguished Air Combat, which I'll probably get the 10,000 air to air kills for before any of the others. :p
WHY IS THIS IN EVERY CONSOLE GAME BUT ZERO PC GAMES!

there are a few new glitches i think they've found

don't want to spread disinfo so until I see it again I wont jump to conclusions

at least I know I'm not being paranoid

User 406

Banned
Man, some great games there with Bloody Marcel, Cacophony, freethought, and Redemptor. We manage to drive off half the other team on that Destroyed Capitol TDM. I just love it when you manage to pin them down in their one tower. XD

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
One thing I dont understand about Zone is why people keep staying under the flag while the bubble grows. That's necessary only when you are "converting" it from the opposite team color, but once it's yours, you can move away and keep it growing as far as you stay within the bubble range. I usually walk near the perimeter ready to move forward and grab a vehicle or something while others stick under the flag for whatever reason and with no enemy in sight. Drives me crazy.

Anyway, good games tonight. :)

Sea Manky said:
Man, some great games there with Bloody Marcel, Cacophony, freethought, and Redemptor. We manage to drive off half the other team on that Destroyed Capitol TDM. I just love it when you manage to pin them down in their one tower. XD

Too bad we got split up straight away. you and TTP just rolled over me and Cacophony. Of course it didn't help that most of our team were just (you'll never believe it) sitting in the base all game. I just knew it was going to end badly when TTP and two other guys showed up in the middle. Oh well.

User 406

Banned
TTP said:
One thing I dont understand about Zone is why people keep staying under the flag while the bubble grows. That's necessary only when you are "converting" it from the opposite team color, but once it's yours, you can move away and keep it growing as far as you stay within the bubble range. I usually walk near the perimeter ready to move forward and grab a vehicle or something while others stick under the flag for whatever reason and with no enemy in sight. Drives me crazy.

Yeah, I do that too, but sometimes I do stay by the flag, usually because I'm looking at the map and not thinking about it. :X

i suck at ctf and most people play zones like ctf for fucks reason i don't know why

we had three guys sitting back getting killed and i was like wtf you guys suck haha

User 406

Banned
Woohoo, got my 4x4 Master badge! :D

Man, deathmatch attracts the most whiny selfish angry losers. Every time I play DM, they get upset every single time someone kills them. It's always cheap, or cheating, or glitching, or whatever. Some people need to relax. If you ever run into a kid called deathlord, kill him repeatedly and enjoy the bitching. :p

SRG01

I just played an awesome game tonight. Perfect teamwork and excellent skill.

Except for the 15-yo w/ the headset who kept TKing the flag holder and trying to get the flag for himself.

I totally forgot to mention; you ever run into someone called DONNIE_DARKO then thank your lucky stars. Politest random I've ever met, dude kept flying Warhawks over to me. It's encounters like this that give me hope for humanity (or at least hope for the future of online gaming).

User 406

Banned
My kills are rather anemic for turrets, sniper rifle, and binoculars, so today I decided to go all special ops. Lot of fun too, used the turrets to take down warhawks then used the rifle/binoculars to nail people invading our zones. Big change from my usual play style, but I enjoyed it. About a hundred more kills for each and I can get their master badges. :p

Ragnarok10

Played quite a bit this weekend and found an inherent flaw in the TEAMKILL mechanic. I was booted twice for TK's and I've never killed anyone deliberately before. I play CTF and mostly play defense and sometimes I'm up against a very aggressive team that's constantly spawning near our base and relentlessly hammering our flag. Often times it gets so hectic that I'll kill the flag carrier with a grenade (or worse, a land mine) and the splash damage will take out a couple of my teamates. Next thing you know I'm being booted.

I think they could easily rework the TK's by not having them count against you if you also kill the enemy at the same time. The loss of points doesn't bother me as much, I just don't want to be booted from the game because my mine killed everybody.

Ragnarok10 said:
Played quite a bit this weekend and found an inherent flaw in the TEAMKILL mechanic. I was booted twice for TK's and I've never killed anyone deliberately before. I play CTF and mostly play defense and sometimes I'm up against a very aggressive team that's constantly spawning near our base and relentlessly hammering our flag. Often times it gets so hectic that I'll kill the flag carrier with a grenade (or worse, a land mine) and the splash damage will take out a couple of my teamates. Next thing you know I'm being booted.

I think they could easily rework the TK's by not having them count against you if you also kill the enemy at the same time. The loss of points doesn't bother me as much, I just don't want to be booted from the game because my mine killed everybody.

Yeah, the one time I got booted for TKing I had mined the inner walls of one of the small bases in Badlands. I kept telling people to watch out but to no avail. Anyway, I've become a bit more careful with mines since.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ragnarok10 said:

No offense to you personally, but people that spam nades into a crowd needlessly drive me crazy.

If there is 1 enemy, and five of my team all around him, chances are pretty good that the enemy will die, yet some ppl still feel the need to nade/flamethrower/knife him (along with the rest of his own team). I have my fair share of tk's for sure, but there's no need to take out your own team.

I stopped placing mines near flags in CTF games. Too many tk's from my own stupid team. If you see that our flag is mined, don't run after the enemy when the enemy runs toward our flag! Boom, enemy did, and I get a tk.

Steroyd

Some team kept getting wtfpwned... till freethought went on the other team. :lol

I haven't updated the spreadsheet in ages I've got to get round to doing that.

Ragnarok10

commish said:
No offense to you personally, but people that spam nades into a crowd needlessly drive me crazy.

If there is 1 enemy, and five of my team all around him, chances are pretty good that the enemy will die, yet some ppl still feel the need to nade/flamethrower/knife him (along with the rest of his own team). I have my fair share of tk's for sure, but there's no need to take out your own team.

I stopped placing mines near flags in CTF games. Too many tk's from my own stupid team. If you see that our flag is mined, don't run after the enemy when the enemy runs toward our flag! Boom, enemy did, and I get a tk.
Agreed, part of it is my fault with mine placement, but people should know better than to get so close to the flag carrier when people are launching grenades/mines/rockets at him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ragnarok10 said:
Agreed, part of it is my fault with mine placement, but people should know better than to get so close to the flag carrier when people are launching grenades/mines/rockets at him.

You give the gaming public too much credit :)

User 406

Banned
Man, binoculars + sniper rifle + rocket launcher + one of those missile turrets on a spawn point in Eucadia = one REALLY pissed off enemy team. :X

Edit: YES!!!!! I got the #1 spot on the leaderboard in deaths back! XD

Not bad considering all the sneaky shit I was pulling today gave me a really high K/D in each game.

I'm also making a real effort to use the lightning gun. Right now it's a bit awkward for me to try and make a kill with it. I'm so used to just holding down that button for missile lock.

icechai

Sea Manky said:
Man, binoculars + sniper rifle + rocket launcher + one of those missile turrets on a spawn point in Eucadia = one REALLY pissed off enemy team. :X

Edit: YES!!!!! I got the #1 spot on the leaderboard in deaths back! XD

Not bad considering all the sneaky shit I was pulling today gave me a really high K/D in each game.

I'm also making a real effort to use the lightning gun. Right now it's a bit awkward for me to try and make a kill with it. I'm so used to just holding down that button for missile lock.

Considering i killed you more with lightning gun than missles i think, it is one of the strongest secrets in a warhawks arsenal. Keep firing that machine gun, and when the round circle turns red, it means your lightning gun will auto lock like the machine gun. 2 bursts while shooting machinegun at the same time is half of their life gone. This is why whenever I have head to head meetings with other people, I almost always win. Homing missle and 2 quick hits of lightning, or a couple swarms while spamming lightning and mg will destroy them faster than they can think about coming back around to kill you. Now that its out, expect Sea Manky to utterly dominate the skies more than he ever has :(

Never engage a fight without the trusty lightning gun :D Lightning gun = pistol of the skies.

Steroyd

Plus the lightening gun is good for wiping out mines, Ecudia will be most interesting when I call for an air strike I found a route where I can sneak behind the enemy to get the flag. :D

i've finally gotten good at taking out troops with the warhawk machinegun

i pulse the button so it never overheats and its a constant rain of bullet death for the poor saps on the ground

that is if they don't have a fucking rocket

and i finally took out a warhawk with a 4x4 mg while freethought was taking the flag back i was raining death on an attacking bird from the back seat

too bad they tipped our whip over and burned us to death a few seconds later

So apparently there's a just for fun deathmatch tournament happening in Europe. Only 900 entrants, anyone know if I need to enter or anything?

Just checked out the leaderboards and I'm in the top 1000, yay. Top 500 on the combat board, Sea-Manky is number 5 though, kudos. I see you've reclaimed the top spot for deaths too. Nice.

Those boards are screwed up though, guys with no deaths and other shit. I really don't see the point. Screw your stats, where's the fun?

Steroyd

That reminds me. Jesus Christ I saw Sea_Mankey's stats yesturdays 175 (well definately more now) hours on ranked Servers, WOW!

If I wasn't playing on Rogue Galaxy, i'd be up there with 110 hours, but that's only in theory. :O

User 406

Banned
Got enough airstrike kills for the Master Binoculars badge, and I just need 9 more turret kills and 13 more snipes for their respective Master badges. After that I'll go back to my normal play style. :D

Lightning gun is going to take a while. :X

Freethought, is that tournament open to anyone or is it Europeans only?

Sea Manky said:
Got enough airstrike kills for the Master Binoculars badge, and I just need 9 more turret kills and 13 more snipes for their respective Master badges. After that I'll go back to my normal play style. :D

Lightning gun is going to take a while. :X

Freethought, is that tournament open to anyone or is it Europeans only?

I'm not really sure to be honest. It was mentioned on the update screen and it did specify Europe. And stay in those turrets as long as you like Manky, means I get more Warhawk ribbons. :D

fake edit: Got my Team Cross today, woohoo.

real edit: Unstickied? But why? We can also welcome TF2 players to the realm of obscurity that is the online forum.:lol

Just a quick question- I know that the knife makes you invisible on radar to the enemy, but does it make you invisible to your teammates? Just wondering for co-ordination's sake.

Grayman

I found the thread again!
revolverjgw said:
Just a quick question- I know that the knife makes you invisible on radar to the enemy, but does it make you invisible to your teammates? Just wondering for co-ordination's sake.
I've never checked that myself.

rc213

Have their been any updates on changes/fixes/improvements that will be made to the game. I haven't had many problems joining game or crashing. About the only thing that bothers me is team balance and a missing party system (Resistance). What was the point of allowing clans if they can't play together or against other clans? :c

icechai

revolverjgw said:

no you are visible to your teammates. Very clear whenever i am playing eucadia and i sneak in the back and see teammate dots near me, and they are all using a knife so we can sneak in and get flag/jeep

icechai said:
no you are visible to your teammates. Very clear whenever i am playing eucadia and i sneak in the back and see teammate dots near me, and they are all using a knife so we can sneak in and get flag/jeep

Thanks. I was curious because sometimes I think about going to some area lone wolf, and I end up wondering if I'm going to have some kind of backup or support trailing behind me or already there... equipped with knives, like I am. Now I know that if there's no blip, there's no teammate.

User 406

Banned
GOD DAMN IT

I've got all the global requirements for the master badges for binoculars, sniper rifle, and turret. And every fucking game I go into, two kills and its ZOMG YOU GOT <weapon> BANDIT BADGE! Log out. Log in. YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY NEVER MADE A SINGLE KILL WITH THIS WEAPON! BANDIT BADGE! Log out. Log in. BANDIT BADGE!

This is the real frustrating part of earning shit, not the actual requirements. >X{

freethought said:
And stay in those turrets as long as you like Manky, means I get more Warhawk ribbons. :D

I've got about four hundred of them or so, I can give you a bunch if you like. XD

mintylurb

Just when I'm having a good game, the game decides to crash and while at it decides to bring down my ps3 as well. Along with that invisible cheating and constant crashing, it's actually becoming a bit of a chore to play this game. I'm afraid of the long-term impact of these system crashes.

So, Sony, what are you doing to rectify all these issues with this game?

carlos

Goddamn it, a network error with 2 minutes to go in that CTF 2ch game :(
I had over 150 points :(
That doesn't get recorded if you don't finish the game right?

User 406

Banned
Haha, it turns out I did get the Master Turret badge when I wasn't paying attention. Guess I didn't need to be a turret whore for that last game either. :p

I also got Master Sniper and Master Binoculars. Only master badges I have left to go are lightning gun and cluster bomb. Cluster bomb will happen naturally, but I've only got about 60 or so lightning gun kills, need to use it a lot more.

I gotta say, if you play turrets right, you can really fuck up the enemy team. They were really pissed. :X

And carlos, I honestly don't know if you get to keep any points if you lock up. I hope so. :/

User 406

Banned
Am I the only one who hasn't actually experienced any cheating? I know of the invisible tanks, but I've never been hit by one. What's it like?

carlos

happened to me right after our games; he hit me in a warhawk, while in motion; you just blow up, and the camera angle scrolls into the nearest mountain (instead of who killed you). Happened 5 times in that game :(

oh, and yes, missle turrets are a force to be reckoned with, you can pin down the enemy at their base, but I prefer shooting people from the other side of the stage with no lockon; doing that with turrets and the tanks is one of my specialties (just aim a bit higher, depending on how far away they are.

edit:goddamn another network error! had to restart the router after that one :(
it happens only when I'm playing well:/ there go my points again...
great now its full and I can't even join again

edit 2 : got back in, ony to have another network error 2 minutes later

edit 3 : oh great, it seems the stats server is offline, goodbye, 6+hours of play :/

edit 4: yep, only one out of 6 hours recorded :(

h3ro

I haven't experienced anything resembling cheating either Manky... Any word on updates/fixes from Dylan Jobe lately? They've been awfully quiet for the last few days...

Top Bottom