• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Varshes

Sorry GAFn, I'm guilty of not playing Warhawk at all, and always forgetting about this thread since it got moved. If someone in GAFn wants to take over as leader, let me know.

icechai

WasabiKing said:
Cluster bombs and TOW too

Although sometimes tow and cluster can miss a nook that a clever mine layer used, while a charged lightning burst takes out all mines in range until lightning runs out.

carlos

Nice to see some of you out there after playing all night with random people; however, who's idea was it to have a 5 on 1 gaf gangbang against me?

And then steroyd pops outta nowhere on my team, but is gone a couple minutes later; after a while, he appears again! on the other team! lol

Network shutdown made me stop playing as usual...

I've been getting better at tow missling, I must've picked up something from that beatdown CSS'er gave me a while ago using them :)

and seriously, I didn't plan for this, but when I checked the profile for the last time, my rank was 666....

after all this playing and no sleeping, my fingers were starting to feel numb and not everything was in coordination; I'll take a long break today, but maybe be back tonight if some of you are on.

Steroyd

Sorry Carlos I felt discouraged when I TK'd some guy with the flag, then when I rejoined the server I got that no names bullcrap glitch. :(

User 406

Banned
Arrrrggghhhh!

So I was 35 kills short of the lightning gun master badge, and so I hop on a SCEA dogfighting server this morning. Get a whole ton of lightning gun kills. Break for lunch, check my profile, and NOTHING REGISTERED.

I seriously think there's something wrong with the Sony servers. Every time I'm in one, it keeps giving me badges and medals I've already got because it thinks I have no stats, and I get the occasional complete loss of game tracking. Every time I've done the IAR requirements for a medal or badge lately, it's only worked on ranked player hosted servers. I think I'm going to avoid the blue servers for a while. :/

Oh, and met a pretty damn good dogfighter named SlickNick.

carlos said:
Nice to see some of you out there after playing all night with random people; however, who's idea was it to have a 5 on 1 gaf gangbang against me?

Yeah, not too fair. Still, you put up one hell of a fight. That first game though, where I accounted for like four of your first five kills, I was going nuts. After that, I'll admit it, I started hunting you.:D

Good games though, but we desperately need a party system, we'd be unstoppable.

icechai said:
Although sometimes tow and cluster can miss a nook that a clever mine layer used, while a charged lightning burst takes out all mines in range until lightning runs out.

I guess I'm just from the Sea Manky school of mine clearing. A lightning gun is no substitute for blowing it up yourself. :lol

Steroyd said:
Wow I wakes up in the morning and more people want invites.

Warhawk thread officially revived. \o/ <-----------------------

nuts not updating the new Warhawk clan list looks like a bad idea now. >_>

Is that a vagina?

Ragnarok10

God they need to fix the join server problem. I attempt AT LEAST 10 times to connect to different (seemingly unfilled) servers until I finally connect.

spwolf

Steroyd said:
Sorry Carlos I felt discouraged when I TK'd some guy with the flag, then when I rejoined the server I got that no names bullcrap glitch. :(

why? i run over some GAFfer with the flag (dude didnt see me, i was blowing my horn for him to get in) but obviously, someone else took the flag and I took him to score.

Shit happens and I bet ppl understand that...

Carlos did well, it is just hard vs all the gaffers... although I have to admit, they had really good flying team on Eucadia map, barely got an kill with missile launcher.

spwolf

Ragnarok10 said:
God they need to fix the join server problem. I attempt AT LEAST 10 times to connect to different (seemingly unfilled) servers until I finally connect.

I was just thinking how it worked for me for a long time now :).

Steroyd

spwolf said:
why? i run over some GAFfer with the flag (dude didnt see me, i was blowing my horn for him to get in) but obviously, someone else took the flag and I took him to score.

Shit happens and I bet ppl understand that...

I dunno my comfort zone is defending and the one time I go to clear the mines and attack I fuck up and TK the flag carrier. :/

WTF JFK that's not a vagina that's an emoticon of someone arms in the air. \O/

icechai

Steroyd said:
I dunno my comfort zone is defending and the one time I go to clear the mines and attack I fuck up and TK the flag carrier. :/

lol its hard to guess, usually ppl make it more obvious like \^_^/ or \(-_-)/ :lol

Steroyd said:

I think it was the giant phallus that threw him off. :lol \o/<----------- See?

User 406

Banned
Sure as hell, I joined a non-blue server and it tracks everything perfectly and I get my master badges for lightning gun and cluster bomb in one shot. Fuck the blue servers, man. They have crappy map rotations anyway. ;P

So now I have all the master badges and ten of the warhawk badges. Should be getting warhawk for pistol and swarm missile fairly soon. And I need to play a ton of CTF to get the ridiculous requirements for the CTF medal. I'm guessing the next medal I get will be Distinguished Air Combat, since it's very likely I'll get 10,000 air-to-air kills before I get 500 flag captures, 25 borked hours in vehicles, or 50 borked hours in aircraft. :p

WTFing

Banned
I had one of my best ctf game yesterday, I was on the same team as Sea Manky.
The bridge... The bridge! Take the briiiidge!!! :lol
It was great playing with you, helping us and giving instructions.

User 406

Banned
Man, some tough matches there with Carlos on dac's server. Is dac is one of the Sony guys? He and another player had an SCE clan designation. He sent me a friend request afterwards. :p

That last game I played almost entirely defense, since the quality of my team was decreasing while the quality of the opposing team was increasing (Carlos), and I just knew if I ran off, the "defenders" would end up letting the flag get away. :p

carlos

I went into dacs server unaware that you were there, the clan list had you on a japanese server.
I figured you'd have to be defensive, I know how it feels when your team is of dubious quality...I did the same myself, I wasn't gonna run into one of your traps ;)

on my last ctf game tonight, should've ended around 15 to 1, yet it was a 1-1 tie; I stood in awe and anger, as how every enemy flag (already dropped inside our base) managed to be rescued.

Once I saw two enemies crouched over their flag, one of my team in a tank, about 15 feet away (close, I mean) and shooting and missing them over and over around 6 times before they saved it.

He does nothing to get the flag, and no one else steps in to get it;
now imagining this happening over and over for 30 minutes...not to mention the teamkilling

I almost called them out on it, but somehow kept my cool

Not that gaffers need them, but one of these days I'll make a list of the "warhawk rules of etiquette", and see if we can make a difference in some lurker/visitor.

Sorry for the long post, but I must be getting old or something, because this game is making my heart race at abnormal levels; I think it may actually be doing me some harm, and not just the controller (yep, warhawk partially killed my left thumbstick; sometimes left works, sometimes it doesn't) Anybody know if the sony 1 year warranty includes controllers?

User 406

Banned
You know how some people will fire their pistol at you when you're going to get to a jeep/tank/warhawk first and they want a ride? Some dumbass threw a GRENADE at me once. >:|

And it's funny, but for all that people love to play defense on CTF to the exlusion of everything else (and suck at it), I've had an awful lot of situations lately where a group of us take down a pesky flag carrier, and I stand by the flag to return it, and everyone else just wanders around nowhere near the flag. Huh?

Or the converse, where I get killed, the flag is down, and there's about three enemy warhawks there. I respawn, grab a warhawk, and rush back with little hope I'll make it, and... their flag is just sitting there in the open with nobody trying to return it. Hah?

And the clan list is still screwy, I check and everyone is listed as offline, then I read the thread after I play a bunch and you guys are all talking about what a great set of games you just had together without me. ;_;

Steroyd

We should do some thing where if you quit a game you have to logoff then back on, because it does get annoying when I try to join fellow gaffers games only to find they buggered off on some other server.

Steroyd

What a load of bollocks. :mad:

How is it that me and Sea_Mankey are the same rank thanks to a glitch yet he can join the server angelcage is in and I can't because my rank is too high. BAH!

User 406

Banned
Aaaaand that SCEA server that we thought he was in didn't want to record all the flag captures and shit I did.

FUCK THE BLUE SERVERS.

lunlunqq

when do you guys usually play? i login from time to time in the past 2 days but never found you. i want to play with GAFer, even though each time i play with you guys my K/D ratio drops...

Steroyd

Just finished Rogue Galaxy yay me, should be spending more time on Warhawk from now on if randomn folk don't piss me off like today.

Sea Manky said:
Nice games there freethought, too bad the server disconnected, that little CTF map was great! :D

Yeah, I was cracking up in that first DM and everyone was bitching about you pwning their asses. Love those little maps, a 32 player assault mode would work perfectly for some of them. Asymmetry FTW!

btw I got a couple of Bandit badges in there so the stat problem doesn't seem confined to Sony servers.

carlos

Nice last ctf game there, sea manky; the reason you guys managed to score was my idiot teamembers took all the warhawks, right in front of me too; so frustrating.

and then they go after the jeep with machineguns? in such a small level? tow missle anyone? no? I give up

where's that slapsforehead.gif when you need it ;)

I'll be on again maybe later after I get a bite to eat

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
Nice last ctf game there, sea manky; the reason you guys managed to score was my idiot teamembers took all the warhawks, right in front of me too; so frustrating.

Yeah, and when I go off defense and make a serious attempt to score, you blow my ass up right away, and my idiot teammates let your dude right on out. Of course, nobody on our team either gets our flag back or picks up yours. :| Frankly, I'm shocked we managed to tie after you scored the first time. Don't talk to me about frustrating when you've got two useful pilots on your side and I'm the only one on my team interested in going faster than a jeep. :p

In fact, there was this one guy on our team that was pissing and moaning the entire fucking game. "Oh my god." "Holy shit." "Oh man." "Oh fuck." Finally I lose it and tell him to stop complaining and FIGHT, and he's like "Whatever." and mercifully shuts up. I liked the Fonzie guy from the server I was in with freethought better. :p

mintylurb

lunlunqq said:
when do you guys usually play? i login from time to time in the past 2 days but never found you. i want to play with GAFer, even though each time i play with you guys my K/D ratio drops...
spanky is on just about 24/7. I think he is a bot. Anyway, I'm usually on after 8pm est. I see quite a few gaffers around that time as well.

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, and when I go off defense and make a serious attempt to score, you blow my ass up right away, and my idiot teammates let your dude right on out.

In their defense, I had blown theirs butts away with a tow mislle from right above them to allow my guy to get out, only then did I notice you were halfway across the map with our flag.

That's the most unforgivable aspect of ctf for me, people who don't go after a dropped flag, even if just to make contact with it, die, but delay the capture for a while; in that aspect, you and I play similarly.

my problem with that game was that once you have the lead, with 3 minutes to go, there's no excuse for letting someone get in and out of your base with a jeep; where were the mines, or 2 granades or the missle turret?

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
my problem with that game was that once you have the lead, with 3 minutes to go, there's no excuse for letting someone get in and out of your base with a jeep; where were the mines, or 2 granades or the missle turret?

53t6wb6.gif

Top Bottom