• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Whoa, I just joined a 2ch server that said carlos was in it, he wasn't there but there was a pitched battle going on, so I go to grab a plane and then I get banned from the server.

What did I do? :X

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Whoa, I just joined a 2ch server that said carlos was in it, he wasn't there but there was a pitched battle going on, so I go to grab a plane and then I get banned from the server.

wow what the heck, I tried that 2ch server before even playing with you; it's really not updating.

and as soon as I joined, it said I was banned as well , so don't feel bad

and warhawk has completely destroyed my left thumbstick, now sometimes it doesn't recognize right or left; so don't go laughing at me next time you see me crash into a mountain or go headfirst into a mine; both already happened today :(
even with that handicap I still did pretty well; 599 rank overall, 7000 kills (ranked 95th)

oh and I almost forgot, I was asked about sea manky, by some random person on a server, asking if you were playing at the moment, if you are a robot, that you were good and that GAF clan was a powerhouse and all that.

icechai

carlos said:
wow what the heck, I tried that 2ch server before even playing with you; it's really not updating.

and as soon as I joined, it said I was banned as well , so don't feel bad

and warhawk has completely destroyed my left thumbstick, now sometimes it doesn't recognize right or left; so don't go laughing at me next time you see me crash into a mountain or go headfirst into a mine; both already happened today :(
even with that handicap I still did pretty well; 599 rank overall, 7000 kills (ranked 95th)

oh and I almost forgot, I was asked about sea manky, by some random person on a server, asking if you were playing at the moment, if you are a robot, that you were good and that GAF clan was a powerhouse and all that.

Hah way to represent GAF. Sucks about your controller, go easy on the warhawk evasion tactics!! I'm finding myself using the right analog stick more and more now and only nudging the left when i need to move my warhawk.

User 406

Banned
carlos said:

Yes, I'm a robot that unerringly detonates mines with my face, can perfectly calculate the proper trajectory to throw a grenade so it bounces off a wall and hits me right in the head, and perform precision aerobatic maneuvers like boosting to maximum speed an instant after takeoff and then a split second later returning to a dead stop by hitting the lamp post that was right in front of the warhawk. Looks like my rampant hackery has finally been exposed. :(

But you know, GAF clan really is a powerhouse. We've got some really good players. Like I mentioned the other day, I'm very interested in seeing how good the guys at the top of the combat points leaderboard are, and I was kind of disappointed by CastleKingSide being kind of mediocre in a dogfight. I've been in games where there were several people from a single clan on one side, and they didn't dominate. But when you or freethought pops up on the other team I know I'm in for a bitch of a dogfight at the very least, and put any three of the regular gaffers on a team and it's almost a guaranteed blowout.

Man, I need to go to bed. :X

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:

I think the Gaf tag done it, aren't Gaf and 2ch at war with each other.

Huggers

So you guys up for a war later :D. I'm gradually improving (very gradually). Totally hooked on this game though, really pleased i bought it. Just wish i had more time to play it

carlos

icechai said:
Hah way to represent GAF. Sucks about your controller, go easy on the warhawk evasion tactics!! I'm finding myself using the right analog stick more and more now and only nudging the left when i need to move my warhawk.

I'm actually very gentle with controllers, I'm a tightwad, so I never want to spend on something I already bought; this is actually the first controller EVER to go bad on me (All consoles from the NES and on).

weird thing is that I use the right stick for avoiding, like you; this just happened naturally, from flying and strafing on the ground (and aiming missles and turrets)

It hurt most dogfighting; when it's most annoying is when trying to lock a homing missle on a moving warhawk; locking, locking,locking....doh' it resets itself to the center and loses lock on!

I must gloat on a little lucky shot I had earlier, fired a charged lightning shot into the enemy flag/base just as they were about to capture our flag; apparently they had set up mines everywhere to defend thier flag; the shot blows their mines, and I end up killing 11 people !
The list of deaths takes up more than half my screen O.O
needless to say, I waltz right up to their flag and make a clean getaway while they respawn; I wish I could've heard their reaction to that ;)

That reminds me, can/should the incog guys make it possible for the name of the person who's talking to pop up nonintrusively (a la resistance)?
For some reason, I'd like to know the name behind the voice; I only recognize sea manky at the moment.

the other day, at the results screen someone who was on my team commented on how shitty our team was, but the people on my team thought it was someone from the other team saying it; needless to say, a short war of expletives erupted while the next game began :/

carlos

I accidentally, I swear, accidentally pushed the square button fast a couple times to get into a tank, and the tank glitch activated; I had a fun time just driving to the enemy flag and shooting it a couple times (no kills) just to see the reaction from the other team.
After that, I did the only honorable thing, I drove myself off a cliff

The weird thing is I remember a few weeks ago, I apparently did the same glitch on a warhawk, no wonder turrets didn't shoot at me then; so I'm guessing its possible/probable for warhawks to be exploited as well.

mmmmm...delicious invisible warhawks....no...must stop thinking about it..... ;)

edit: since I killed myself while still in it, I don't know if it would become visible; BUT the time it happened to my warhawk, as soon as I landed and got out, it definitely was visible.
I suppose the tank would be as well

spwolf

what happens when you exit and enter invisible tank? becomes visible?
Since I saw another guy first doing like 10 kills out of nowhere, and then later there was an tank... I just dont remember it arriving there...

spwolf

p.s. if not posted before:

Dylan Job @ PS Forums, 10/10
We would never leave our community!!! And just because my "personal" account hasn't logged into the boards, doesn't mean that the team and I aren't reading all the comments...as of late, we've been reviewing a lot of the glitch vids that Gamer Guy 118, Team EXO and others have posted. They are very helpfull.

We've been hard at work on the client side patches and will be making a post very soon!

And no...I'm not the Warhawk_Mod...that's just a generic alias for posting info :)

By the way, you guys probably already noticed this but...the clan bug that was setting the cap to 32 and not the correct 64 has been fixed server-side. So the limit is now 64. It was a pretty small change so we didn't make an offcial post about it -- probably should have though.

BTW: I do wish that there were piles of money for us to roll around in like some of you have hypothesized -- but it doesn't really work that way for us though! ROFLOL!

I played against castlekingside during the beta. He doesn't like the lightning gun machinegun zap zap boom combo

what i kinda dont like now is the gaf tag gets me targeted by more than one attacker now

sometimes they go right after my ass like i just pissed off a hornets nest

and im not even a top tier player lol

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
I think the Gaf tag done it, aren't Gaf and 2ch at war with each other.

Wait, what? When did this happen? I was on 2ch servers several times before this with no problems.

From what I've read about the invisible glitch, it does indeed work with warhawks, but you can't shoot anyone. You can only kill people with the tank glitch.

And I've got well over a thousand tank kills legit, don't ban me! :(

carlos said:
I must gloat on a little lucky shot I had earlier, fired a charged lightning shot into the enemy flag/base just as they were about to capture our flag; apparently they had set up mines everywhere to defend thier flag; the shot blows their mines, and I end up killing 11 people !
The list of deaths takes up more than half my screen O.O
needless to say, I waltz right up to their flag and make a clean getaway while they respawn; I wish I could've heard their reaction to that ;)

That is awesome, I wish I could have seen that
from a distance. :p

Coolest shot I did recently was in that CTF game with freethought on the tiny Northern Bridge map in Eucadia. I was up on that headland overlooking the bridge where the missile turret is, and the enemy flag carrier was in their base across the bridge. Because of the ring of mountains around their base, you can't see the ground, but there's a gap where I could just see the tip of the tail fin of the warhawk that sits in front of the big garage. Used the binoculars on the tail fin and called in an airstrike that nailed the flag carrier. I wonder if he thought I was glitching when his post death perspective showed him that big mountain between his base and our base. XD

Steroyd

I was wondering how we're going to do clan nights, do we start populating an empty SCE server and try and get everyone on the same team before it cuts out of that Pre-game?

Vari LG servers.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
I was wondering how we're going to do clan nights, do we start populating an empty SCE server and try and get everyone on the same team before it cuts out of that Pre-game?

Vari LG servers.

I think that's the best solution. You, as a Clan leader, should decide which one and post details in the clan message section for anyone to see. Vari LG definetly, yes.

Trevelyan

Banned
Steroyd said:

Vari LG servers.

This sounds like a good idea. We can definitely try it. And I'm assuming we're having another meet-up in ~20 mins? I'll definitely be on then.

Steroyd

I'll post the details in 20 minutes, forget the format though.

SCE[] Vari something something LG[] (lv[]).

Something like that.

spwolf

Steroyd said:

Vari LG servers.

yeah, and ppl also forget that during the game, you can switch teams :D

User 406

Banned
For a while now I've been missing the Saturday GAF meetups since that's usually when we do our weekend shopping/errands. But not today! I'll be there with bells on. <refreshes thread>

User 406

Banned
If you guys don't mind playing zones, there's an SCEE zones server with nobody in it. 32 players.

Edit: Looks like we've got four people, but two are on an SCEA server and the other two are on the SCEE version of the same server. :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I think it should be better for anyone to just follow one person into a server. Like Steroyd. Just go to where he goes. If he leaves, u leave as well and wait for him to enter another server. Then u join that one. We will end up together eventually. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Done. It's simply called GAF. I'll (try to) join later. Need to finish this Everyday Shooter session :)

Steroyd

TTP can you not put TM in your rotation list your server died at that point. :/

Found out people don't like getting owned in Dogfights.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
TTP can you not put TM in your rotation list your server died at that point. :/

Found out people don't like getting owned in Dogfights.

Ok. Creating a new server now. Will call it !GAF this time so it's at the top of the list

Steroyd

FUCK FUCKEDY FUCK SHIT.

I'm sooooooooooo sorry Xostas FUCK I thought I switched teams SHIT and I confused myself BOLLOCKS.

FUCK FUCKEDY FUCK.

I'm playin something else I played on the blue team for so long I got confused FUCK BOLLOCKS SHIT.

Top Bottom