• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Server is almost full

If anybody wants to join but cannot get in, drop a line here so I can make some room by kicking non-gaffers.

User 406

Banned
I've been getting some really really horrible lag too for the past hour or so. Like I'll go through a dozen pickups, fly around, try to capture a base where the bar doesn't move, and then inexplicably blow up because someone killed me two minutes ago. :X

If this keeps up, I might have to bow out. :(

dionysus

Yaldog
It says yall are playing !GAF, but it doesn't show up on the server list. I guess its just the server not updating in a timely manner.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sea Manky said:
I've been getting some really really horrible lag too for the past hour or so. Like I'll go through a dozen pickups, fly around, try to capture a base where the bar doesn't move, and then inexplicably blow up because someone killed me two minutes ago. :X

If this keeps up, I might have to bow out. :(

yeah yeah my binoc kill still hurts uh? :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beats me. Guess this game need a patch for the private servers to work. They patched just the official servers so I think it's better u all go play in there. Not to mention I can resume my p0rn downloads if u do so.

Steroyd

That was fucking bullshit not only did it seem me and Sea_Mankey were the only ones playing that CTF match on our team but I Towed your ass playerbeyond right on your noggin and didn't die. :mad:

I hate absorbing weapons when I meed them the most how infuriating.

Grayman

heh. I just went from wingman to 2nd lt from not playing.

Is this going to bounce back to reality or can i make cool outfits?!

CSSer

Steroyd said:
That was fucking bullshit not only did it seem me and Sea_Mankey were the only ones playing that CTF match on our team but I Towed your ass playerbeyond right on your noggin and didn't die. :mad:

I hate absorbing weapons when I meed them the most how infuriating.

blah, that CTF match was horrible. Getting killed by you guys so many times...

User 406

Banned
TTP said:
yeah yeah my binoc kill still hurts uh? :p

Nah, that was before the lag started acting up, you got me cold with that and those two snipes. I thought I could get the drop on you but you were one step ahead each time. At least I know I got you first with that snipe in the tower on Eucadia with a binoculars followup. XD

But the lag cleared up and we got a couple good games in, until this carpon03 or something guy teamkills me for the flag. Dunno why, but that pissed me off even more than usual, so I switched sides and did nothing but hunt him down for the rest of that game and for the next half hour of pre-game. I normally don't lose it that bad over a teamkill. :X

Anyway, the server's deserted now, good time to take a break. Resume the flow of pr0n, TTP! It was a lot of fun! :D

Steroyd

CSSer said:

If the people who were sitting back defending weren't so crap stopping you getting the flag in the first place and bothered to chase you when you did get it I wouldn't have had to hunt you down.

Not even any help in the air, I had to distract TWO warhawks on my own, while Sea Mankey tried to save the flag.

User 406

Banned
CSSer said:

Suuure, I killed you soooo many times, after eating just about every single mine you threw down while running with the flag. If you haven't got your land mine warhawk badge yet, I probably helped a lot with that. XD

And man, I got totally p'zowned on that first dogfight until freethought took pity on me and switched sides. :p At least I did better on the second one.

But really, that bout of lag and the hassle of trying to get people into a single server aside, lots of fun stuff today. :D

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Suuure, I killed you soooo many times, after eating just about every single mine you threw down while running with the flag. If you haven't got your land mine warhawk badge yet, I probably helped a lot with that. XD

And man, I got totally p'zowned on that first dogfight until freethought took pity on me and switched sides. :p At least I did better on the second one.

But really, that bout of lag and the hassle of trying to get people into a single server aside, lots of fun stuff today. :D
yup, good game guys. especially the last one where we were hunting down those team killers. :lol

CSSer

Got that mine badge a long time ago. My killing strategy is simple; mines on the ground, and tow missiles from the air. :lol

Ahh fuck. I just got a PSN error for like the fifth time today, tried to get back into Warhawk before and I got 'Server Not Responding', guess I won't be back! Hopefully everything will be back to normal tomorrow. I doubt the problems on my end, web browser is fine. Anyway, had a good few games earlier. It wasn't pity that made me join your team though Manky, just a lack of targets. And Steroyd, I'm sure you're psychic or something. You have the uncanny ability of knowing exactly where I'm going to land and having a mine there to welcome me. Bastard ;P

Ragnarok10

Latest issue of GI?

I just got my new GI, and while I have no scanner, it says an expansion pack is coming out, and that they have seen pics of it (though there were no pics in the article, but there will be a dropship added that can hold troops, tanks, and jeeps to drop anywhere on the map. They said it will have 6 missile turrents on it.

Steroyd

I can sniff out where mines are going to be to. :p

If I get screwed over by a mine it's because of lag, or it blows me up from a further than usual distance. (I just a see mine back off then boom I'm gone), or it's very, very well placed I'm a complete bitch with air mines.

Speaking of air mines I was pissed when Sea_Mankey placed air mines over newly spawned warharks at the base and I seemed to be the only one blowing them up with the pistol before taking off. :/

User 406

Banned
I can sniff out where mines are going to be too! My nose hurts. :xD

Some great games there with Escalation and a bunch of other gaffers, everyone kicking ass. :D

icechai

had to bail on that CTF, too much flashing going on for the person sleeping in the room.

Had such a surreal moment, joined a GAFer in CTF just as the opposing team was about to cap our flag. Somehow, I got their flag, got to the first checkpoint, got killed and turned to chat to the person in my room... looked back and the flag was still there where I left it! lol... suffice to say I got it back to our base, dropped the flag and quit. Hope someone in that surreal game picked it up and that people weren't treating CTF like deathmatch...

Tailzo

Ragnarok10 said:
Latest issue of GI?

I've heard this from gamer.no (info they got from GI)

There aren't any screens available yet, but we saw an early version of this expansion pack in action. The big news is the addition of a new vehicle: the dropship. Armed with six missle turrets and the ability to pick up ground vehicles (like tanks), the dropship will definently change the face of battle - so much so that previous zones will be modified slightly to integrate the new vehicle.

bluheim

Banned
Can someone explain me what I am supposed to do to have a "profile" on Warhawk ? I've played 3 games on officials SCEE servers but the game still says that I've no profile beacuse I need to play ranked games.

spwolf

bluheim said:
Can someone explain me what I am supposed to do to have a "profile" on Warhawk ? I've played 3 games on officials SCEE servers but the game still says that I've no profile beacuse I need to play ranked games.

you mean rankings? you will get stats in few hrs... latetly they update within 20 minutes for me...

CSSer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is there a gaf clan or anything for this game or how do you guys work playing together?

yep, there's a GAF clan, so pm Steroyd for an invite or wait until he reads the thread. We just try to get on the same team and... takeover the world.

Steroyd

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is there a gaf clan or anything for this game or how do you guys work playing together?

Yes there's a Gaf clan shoot me your PSN ID and thou shalt invite thee.

Still working on the how to meetup, a player made server gets abandonned too quickly and there aren't any decent empty SCE servers to populate thanks to the rank glitch or they're too full.

Might have to jump in specific modes like a Lg Zones/CTF server today.

Ragnarok10

Steroyd said:
Yes there's a Gaf clan shoot me your PSN ID and thou shalt invite thee.

Still working on the how to meetup, a player made server gets abandonned too quickly and there aren't any decent empty SCE servers to populate thanks to the rank glitch or they're too full.

Might have to jump in specific modes like a Lg Zones/CTF server today.
Can you shoot me an invite?

PSN: Epix

Steroyd

uh someone was lagging... horribly.

What type of team gets pwned in their own base Jesus.

I'm taking a break just caught the end Ice Age.

Some good games there. Can I just say I totally called the dropship (well, I said I wanted one, close enough).

Can't believe I missed the clan battle. Who were they? Probably for the best, aside from one TDM I wasn't really feeling it today. Hope you guys represented. ;P

Steroyd

The clan tag was [PRO] they ripped our team to shreds two of them were 1st and 2nd in TM with 50-60 points each. O_O

I bailed out before the next zones match scared to think how that turned out.

Top Bottom