• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

spwolf

JB1981 said:
does anyone still play this, like at night during the week? i wouldn't mind playing with some gaffers :)

nobody plays it at all... except a lot of ppl :lol

and a lot of gaffers own these days...

p.s. more I look at Warhawk, this is just AAAAAAAA title. It even looks really damn good, its fukin smooth as hell, and gameplay is 2nd to none. Wowhawk 2 is going to sell 4 million.

spwolf said:
nobody plays it at all... except a lot of ppl :lol

and a lot of gaffers own these days...

p.s. more I look at Warhawk, this is just AAAAAAAA title. It even looks really damn good, its fukin smooth as hell, and gameplay is 2nd to none. Wowhawk 2 is going to sell 4 million.

Warhawk is an incredibly good looking game. Up there with the best I've played this gen. Last night while playing I was just marvelling at it all. So smooth and pretty.

carlos

just turned off the ps3, after another network error (why do people call me so late at night!?)
only gaffers I saw out there were mintylurb and syndicate3, but I got the "could not join game problem"

I'm going to cut back on playing with non gaffers, the sheer stupidity (and expletive filled conversations between team members) makes my blood pressure rise to unhealthy levels...

JB1981, I play pretty much from 9pm est on weekdays; join the clan, its almost guaranteed you'll find someone

icechai

TheJollyCorner said:
I hardly ever see any GAF South folks online. :(

I have to end up playing with assclowns on your own team that kill you in CTF just for the flag. -_-

in case you missed it, all the active GAFers left and formed [GAF], so ask Steroyd for a invite and he'll use his brain waves to get your PSN :D Oh and I can't play in the mornings anymore, new job, but will still probably see some of you when I play at random times or weekend :lol

Pimpwerx

Haven't played very much in the last two weeks. Even when I've had free time at home, I haven't had the energy for Warhawk. That and Everyday Shooter demanded my time. Oh, and my gf discovered the joy of talking shit over voicechat in Tekken. :lol PEACE.

Steroyd

TheJollyCorner said:
I hardly ever see any GAF South folks online. :(

I have to end up playing with assclowns on your own team that kill you in CTF just for the flag. -_-

Yeah we know, which is why we broke off and made a clan of people who haven't completely lost interest in the game.

bluheim

Banned
How can I contact Warhawk support team ? I've been promoted Captain with...140 points !

EDIT :OK, 155 points and now I'm "Lieutenant-Colonel" :lol

WTF ???

SpudBud

bluheim said:
How can I contact Warhawk support team ? I've been promoted Captain with...140 points !

EDIT :OK, 155 points and now I'm "Lieutenant-Colonel" :lol

WTF ???
Yeah, I'm guess it's a widespread glitch. I was promoted to Commander in under two hours :lol

User 406

Banned
I've been a commander for a while now, and a few days ago I finally got the points needed for that rank. So I expect to be bumped up to something ridiculous again soon. :p

Sea Manky said:
I've been a commander for a while now, and a few days ago I finally got the points needed for that rank. So I expect to be bumped up to something ridiculous again soon. :p

I've noticed a few higher ranks floating around so I think we can all expect a battlefield promotion in the next few days. But congrats on catching up on your rank dude, pretty sure I'm only a Cmd Sergeant still.

Good couple of games with rc and jfk (you want a tissue for those bitter tears? ;P) last night. rc and I had a guy on our team, he talked a lot (which I like) but had no sense of strategy. He kept shrinking the enemy base at the worst time. The way I see it, there are only two situations where shrinking the base is useful; either you can capitalise by expanding zones in your possession or the scores are so close that breaking the enemy chain, even for a few minutes is the difference between winning and losing. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

carlos

My power's just been cut off; I almost went out there with a baseball bat to bash the electric company guy.
This must be an error, cause its been paid; SHIT.
who knows how long they take to get this cleared up
Living in PR is almost like a third world country; customer service doesn't mean jack

and all my stuff in the fridge :(

goodbye for now :(

Steroyd

I shrink the enemy base as a distraction sometimes so I can nick the base closest.

I didn't know there were two seperate stats for lightning gun and charged lightning gun.

Steroyd if you can invite me back to the clan, I had a few busy weeks with school and I couldn't get an hour in but now the load as eased up so I should be online more often, hopefully I'll be on more at the weekends, if you can't that's no problem.

Steroyd said:
I shrink the enemy base as a distraction sometimes so I can nick the base closest.

I didn't know there were two seperate stats for lightning gun and charged lightning gun.

See, I'd always get the zone first, then go shrink the base. It did occur to me that if the zone is stuck at level 1 it might be worth shrinking the base first but chances are you still wouldn't get the zone to level 3. What you really need is one group going for the base while another expands the zone. The guy I was bitching about would shrink the base then tell you he did it. Always announce your plan before carrying it out (I'm guilty of this though).

Steroyd

GoncaloCCastro said:
Steroyd if you can invite me back to the clan, I had a few busy weeks with school and I couldn't get an hour in but now the load as eased up so I should be online more often, hopefully I'll be on more at the weekends, if you can't that's no problem.

I sent you an invite eons ago.

carlos

Hmm well my electric problems were fixed faster than expected (after having to go to 2 regional offices; the first one talks smack about how they don't have to notify about any due payments or the shutting down of service. I mention that had there been someone on a respirator or other medical treatment machine, they would've likely killed him without warning (it already happened once this past year).

Then they wouldn't accept my copy of the check I had sent them as payment, "because it's not in the computer"
stupid douchebags, the rampant incompetence of goverment owned utilities....

Had to go to the another office, where they accepted that payment had been made, and just now at 8:45pm connected it again

Sorry for the off topic; but Iwill be having an all nighter in warhawk, so if anyone is playing, I'll see you there :)

edit; maybe I won't be playing :( I can't make a right turn or strafe right AT ALL; even so I did pretty well in the couple games I played

SO why not use the sixaxis from the other ps3? Now I'm kinda paranoid of breaking it as well :/

Good few games there; managed a few Warhawk ribbons even with Sea Manky in the mix:D. I was in the zone in that dogfight, ended up with a K/D ratio of 16, best I've done in a while. That one CTF where Manky, Steroyd and I (the only GAFers left in the game) got a capture each, priceless.

Doubt if any of it's going to count though; got promoted to Airman and Airman 1st Class as well as a bunch of bandit badges. Oh well, c'est la vie. It was still a lot of fun.:lol

Pharmacy

Banned
can I just ask why no-one in GAF uses a mic ever?

I've got one on my head all through the game but no-one ever says anything so I don't either

Steroyd

Pharmacy said:

I've got one on my head all through the game but no-one ever says anything so I don't either

Mankey uses the Mic, I use it in moderation, there's not really much to say can't see the zone numbers except shrinking their main base, only in CTF can I see value in speaking because my arse being TOW'ed is iminent.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, good games there. On my final dogfight, I started losing it bad, just kept fucking up and dying stupidly over and over. Still managed to get first place, because the rest of the gaffers had left and the quality of the teams had really degraded. Good time for a lunch break. :X

Pharmacy, if you can't hear either me or freethought when we're on your team, there's something wrong with either your mic or connection. We chatter all the time. :p

Pharmacy said:

I used the mic before, but now that I use headphones it's a little hard to use both!

Steroyd

Good game with nicsicl that CTF match was a bitch, other team had a well organised defence and a mean attack, I threw everything to get that flag and kept getting pwnt.

I got reccomended for so many badges that match and even a promotion to Airman. :lol

Pharmacy said:

I often wonder this myself. The only explanation I have is that in games with multiple GAFers, chances are Manky and/or myself are in there and either no-one else can get a word in or our commentary is so comprehensive nothing worthwhile can be added. :D

Sea Manky said:
Pharmacy, if you can't hear either me or freethought when we're on your team, there's something wrong with either your mic or connection. We chatter all the time. :p

And we're worth listening to, seriously. ;p Check your NAT connection, type 3 can cause problems with voice-chat (flat-out disables it in Resistance). Try forwarding some ports on your router if that's the case, I can't remember which though. There are instructions buried way back in the thread but I wouldn't recommend looking. I'l try and dig around if you need them.

Pharmacy

Banned
No my connections fine, I always hear people talking in games, I just never stay long enough to hear you lot talk.
probably a good thing

Will there be a GAF server up tonight or anything? I'm getting back into Warhawk after my skate addiction

DireStr8s

Steroyd said:
Good game with nicsicl that CTF match was a bitch, other team had a well organised defence and a mean attack, I threw everything to get that flag and kept getting pwnt.

I got reccomended for so many badges that match and even a promotion to Airman. :lol

Damn, I wish my username really was nicsicl. Damn it, I hate my name.

Anywho, that was a tough one. Generally I can roll around the enemy base in a tank with ease, but I kept getting blow'd up.

Thanks for the quick invite btw.

Steroyd

No probs I'm watching this thread like a hawk... a warhawk even.

I'll have to plan my escape route on the badlands map better I made it too easy to get killed, when I worked so hard to clear the place to get the flag. :/

Steroyd

Sorry huggers for bailing but fuck my team, fuck them in the ass.

I get the flag to the base I get TK'd by the bohiculars just before a capture, I go to save our flag I get TK'd by the flak gun, I'm in the process of saving the flag I get TK'd by grenade with no enemies even close, Jesus not even a fellow gaffer being there as well isn't enough for me to stick around fuck that team.

reminder

New Patch is coming:

Warhawk v1.1 Patch and Arbiters

+ Posted by Dylan Jobe // Game Director, Warhawk

Hey everyone, its been awhile since I last made a post here. The team and I have been cranking away on support and updates for Warhawk and I thought it’d be a good idea to give you all an update as to what the hell we’ve been up to.

So … since my last post, we’ve launched Warhawk in South-East Asia, Korea and Japan — which now means our community spans 15 different languages!

1638854259_a9df4807f9_o.jpg

We’ve also been working on a lot of fixes, server-side updates and client patches. Because lets face it, while the team and I were really happy with our launch and players around the globe were having a blast playing, there were some problems that players encountered once we rolled the game out to the masses (stats, connection issues, etc). I’m not going to sugar coat that with a strawberry-flavored, pink, PR candy shell – it’s the truth.

All of that said, we have been hard at work to address the big issues that our Warhawk community currently is experiencing. We have already addressed the majority of our stats-related issues with the deployment of a few server-side updates. These were updates that we rolled out “on our end” without any of the players having to download an actual Warhawk patch. These updates also fixed many of the connection issues. But not all.

The remaining core updates have to be delivered as a client-side patch, hence my next topic - the impending global release of our Warhawk v1.1 patch.

Now we actually have been working on 2 patches — but I’ll talk about the second patch in my next post.

The first update, the v1.1 patch, addresses the critical issues with stats and connectivity. Those two points were the focus of this patch and while they may seem small, they had a huge impact on our player base.

The v1.1 patch is in the last stages of testing right now and should be deployed worldwide by the end of October. Here’s a change list for the server-side updates that we’ve already made as well as what’s upcoming in v1.1:

Server-side updates
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.

Client-side updates for Patch v1.1
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.

These updates make a huge improvement to the stats and connection issues that some players were experiencing. The team and I know how much of a pisser it is to not get the award your worked for or how frustrating it can be to try and get on to some of the busy, popular servers.

The v1.1 patch makes the world a much happier place … ok, maybe not the world, but at least the Warhawk universe :)

We are also responding to complaints about wankers that are stat-padding, griefing or just messing with the Warhawk community in general. This is incredibly frustrating for players and we are not taking it lightly!!

1638906547_b99d2717e0_o.jpg

A few weeks ago one of our mods made a post on the Warhawk forums letting people know that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. That was just a warning. Now, to protect the Warhawk community and preserve the legitimacy of our worldwide leader boards, I am announcing the existence of the Warhawk Arbiters. These are members of our online services groups in both the US and Europe that will be overseeing the leader boards, community stats and will also be “in the trenches” joining game servers for first-hand observation. Their PSN account names will remain a secret. They have the authority to warn players, call a player out to prove his or her skills, or render judgment … think Judge Dredd.

Judgment can take many forms, an email warning, forum post, a kick, temporary/permanent ban, or the Warhawk Arbiters can request your Warhawk stats be “cleansed.”

There are thousands and thousands of good, well-mannered players. We will not tolerate a small few messing with our global community. So be warned!!

That’s it for now; I’ll be posting again very soon to discuss the v1.2 patch…

As always, Rock on!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/19/warhawk-v11-patch-and-arbiters/

Steroyd

Just going to say my Warhawk time could take a critical hit from next week on Friday. (or in a couple of days).

Because it's that time of year where Pro Evo Soccer takes over my life, who knows my Warhawk time might not change at all.

carlos

Steroyd, I think there are a couple more interested people to join the clan in the "new warhawk patch" thread on the gaming forum; apparently complaining that gafw and gafe people are never online :/

I guess I haven't been keeping up on Warhawk chicanery but apparently I ran into my first major cheater last night. On the CTF Archipelago map I kept getting nailed by a tank by our base, only the kill cam was pointing toward nothing in particular. Figured the dude had to be "in the walls" somehow. Has this been going on a lot? Any way to report these assholes? I hope this doesn't break the game. :(

Steroyd said:
Just going to say my Warhawk time could take a critical hit from next week on Friday. (or in a couple of days).

Because it's that time of year where Pro Evo Soccer takes over my life, who knows my Warhawk time might not change at all.

Traitor. Come on though dude, 22 guys fussing over a glorified pigs bladder or 32 guys unleashing hell with heavy munitions, no contest. Besides man, don't you pay attention to all of those sales threads, no-ones going to be playing Pro Evo on the PS3, they're all going to get the
PS2
version. :D

-1 Britishness point for saying soccer, and no, I don't care that it's the actual title (I never understood that anyway).

rc213

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I guess I haven't been keeping up on Warhawk chicanery but apparently I ran into my first major cheater last night. On the CTF Archipelago map I kept getting nailed by a tank by our base, only the kill cam was pointing toward nothing in particular. Figured the dude had to be "in the walls" somehow. Has this been going on a lot? Any way to report these assholes? I hope this doesn't break the game. :(

Just ran into 2 tank glitchers in my last game today. Reported them after I switched teams and knifed the bastards until they left the game.

http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

Tank Glitchers
=========
GONDOR_X
freakshow3759

Madman

reminder said:
More information from Playstation.com. Apparently, 1.2 will be a more meaty update and the GI thing about an expansion is seemingly real:
Dylan Jobe said:
We have recently posted an update on the SONY blog that covers the soon to be released v1.1 patch. When you get a moment, swing by to check it out. It's pretty high-level so please feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to answer them!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/19/warhawk-v11-patch-and-arbiters/

In the post I mention 2 server-side fixes that we are hoping to roll-out in our maintenance window on Monday: The fix for the viral rank-ups *and* the bug that results in players "Time-in-Vehicles" stats being wrong. This was a pisser because it is tied to some key awards required for rank-up.

While the v1.1 patch deals with some critical issues, we are really excited about rolling out our v1.2 patch! It has more "meat" and I hope you're all happy with it. We will be making and announcement/post about it early next week.
We've been putting a lot of effort into these patches -- making updates to the core product, fixing glitches, etc.

That said, many of you have heard rumors or saw the GI article about our Expansion pack...actually, internally here we are calling it a Booster Pack. Why do we call it a Booster Pack? What's in it? ...we'll be providing more info on that topic soon :)
Cool news.

User 406

Banned
Yay, hearing about that patch helps my mood a lot after that last game. CTF, Archipelago, and almost my enitre team hangs around the base and can't seem to stop anyone from taking our flag. >:|

Player ranked servers will be cool, that means we don't have to bug TTP to host all the time. :D

And I really hope the vehicle/aircraft time fix will set the correct times directly and not just record properly going forward. I want my Warhawk Service, Air Combat, and Exemplary Air Combat medals now!

Top Bottom