• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

carlos

hopefully that patch finally fixes stats not recording from the blue servers...I just had my best ctf game ever, Eucadia, 30 minutes, 2-1 win, I had over 400 points, 48 kills-2 deaths....and it didn't record.....

SIGH.......

icechai

omg!! FINALLY THE PATCH THAT SAVES THE DAY!!! Now I'll have incentive to look at the next rank requirements again :p Although I will miss my white and red warhawk :(

Steroyd

freethought said:
-1 Britishness point for saying soccer, and no, I don't care that it's the actual title (I never understood that anyway).

What am I going to call it Pro Evo Football, I've always hated the title. :mad:

Not entirely sure if it will affect Warhawk sexy time I usually play Pro Evo when I don't play another game, if last year is anything to go by I'll alternate between <insert game> and Pro Evo all year round.

Agent X

What's the story with NeoGAF clan(s)? I didn't realize that the thread was moved here until a few days ago, so I haven't been keeping up. I could never get into my "assigned" clan (GAFn) due to the bug, but I'd still like to join some of you folks. My skills are kind of rusty, as I haven't played very much in the last few weeks, but I suppose if we're still holding clan nights then I'll try to brush up with a refresher course.

Also, the information in the first post regarding the clans is way out of date. If dralla is still following this thread, he might want to update the first post. The same goes for Killthee and the spreadsheet with the clan rosters, unless someone else is handling it for the new clan(s) now.

icechai

Agent X said:
What's the story with NeoGAF clan(s)? I didn't realize that the thread was moved here until a few days ago, so I haven't been keeping up. I could never get into my "assigned" clan (GAFn) due to the bug, but I'd still like to join some of you folks. My skills are kind of rusty, as I haven't played very much in the last few weeks, but I suppose if we're still holding clan nights then I'll try to brush up with a refresher course.

Also, the information in the first post regarding the clans is way out of date. If dralla is still following this thread, he might want to update the first post. The same goes for Killthee and the spreadsheet with the clan rosters, unless someone else is handling it for the new clan(s) now.

[GAF] is the new one and only GAF clan, Steroyd heads it up, just drop him your PSN.

The arbiter update sounds cool, but once you find out who's a arbiter in a server, then everyone will know!! I mean, c'mon, in voice chat you hear "Sea Manky, this is one of the Warhawk Arbiters, I am calling you out to prove your skills!" Cover blown for the whole server and anyone affiliated when Manky posts screenshots of him destroying the arbiter :lol

spwolf

Steroyd said:
Not entirely sure if it will affect Warhawk sexy time I usually play Pro Evo when I don't play another game, if last year is anything to go by I'll alternate between <insert game> and Pro Evo all year round.

as all of us do... :D

luckily Wowhawk is pretty quick to dip in and out, so I will be playing for sure...

Ok, well I didn't know the clan glitch was fixed... what happened to the GAFe people? I was in a GAFe clan but was another created? Can I still join one?

>_>

Steroyd

BlackGoku03 said:
Ok, well I didn't know the clan glitch was fixed... what happened to the GAFe people? I was in a GAFe clan but was another created? Can I still join one?

>_>

Just post your PSN ID.

PSN ID - BlackGoku03

Currently reside in the backwards state of SC.

Whoa... you changed your avatar like 3 times... you must love that game.

Huggers

Steroyd said:
Sorry huggers for bailing but fuck my team, fuck them in the ass.

I get the flag to the base I get TK'd by the bohiculars just before a capture, I go to save our flag I get TK'd by the flak gun, I'm in the process of saving the flag I get TK'd by grenade with no enemies even close, Jesus not even a fellow gaffer being there as well isn't enough for me to stick around fuck that team.

No probs man, that team did suck. cheers for picking me up in that jeep!

Madman

Reposted from the last page for those who missed it:
Dylan Jobe said:
We have recently posted an update on the SONY blog that covers the soon to be released v1.1 patch. When you get a moment, swing by to check it out. It's pretty high-level so please feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to answer them!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...-and-arbiters/

In the post I mention 2 server-side fixes that we are hoping to roll-out in our maintenance window on Monday: The fix for the viral rank-ups *and* the bug that results in players "Time-in-Vehicles" stats being wrong. This was a pisser because it is tied to some key awards required for rank-up.

While the v1.1 patch deals with some critical issues, we are really excited about rolling out our v1.2 patch! It has more "meat" and I hope you're all happy with it. We will be making and announcement/post about it early next week.We've been putting a lot of effort into these patches -- making updates to the core product, fixing glitches, etc.

That said, many of you have heard rumors or saw the GI article about our Expansion pack...actually, internally here we are calling it a Booster Pack. Why do we call it a Booster Pack? What's in it? ...we'll be providing more info on that topic soon :)

Agent X

I joined a game with a few GAF members, but on the opposing team. After getting clobbered hard in that game (I don't think I got a single kill, but I got killed 5 times), my rank magically shot up from Airman to Commander! I hardly did anything of merit--maybe captured a node or two, but that's about it.

What happened there?

User 406

Banned
Agent X said:
I joined a game with a few GAF members, but on the opposing team. After getting clobbered hard in that game (I don't think I got a single kill, but I got killed 5 times), my rank magically shot up from Airman to Commander! I hardly did anything of merit--maybe captured a node or two, but that's about it.

What happened there?

That was a really important node.

Smidget

icechai said:
no worries, they're fixing rank with the next update.

Good.... I know it's good to have a high rank, but I just logged on today and I shot up to 2nd Lieutenant when I have enough points for Airman..... kinda annoying.

carlos

Assuming Steroyd can send invites again, I'm sure you'll get one.

Is it me, or has the stat recording problems gotten even worse lately? last few days, whether its a blue or public server, only about 40 minutes out of 10 hours has been recorded.
That's why I wish if we're gonna get bumped down in rank, they should lower the rank point requiremnents a bit to make up for the stats not recording.

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
That's why I wish if we're gonna get bumped down in rank, they should lower the rank point requiremnents a bit to make up for the stats not recording.

Hell, the rank point requirements are crazy period. I've been playing like a demon daily for the two months since launch, and I have a bit over 70K points, which puts me at Commander. I have every medal except Capture the Flag, Distinguished Air Combat, Exemplary Air Combat, Air Combat, and Warhawk Service. Those last three I would have gotten already if the time in vehicles/aircraft stats weren't fucked, and I'm already about halfway to the 10K air-to-air kills needed for Distinguished Air Combat and the 500 flag captures needed for Capture the Flag. And yet I'll need to score almost an additional THREE TIMES as many points as I have since launch to hit General! Hell, I expect I'll get the preposterous 5K air-to-vehicle kills for the Air-to-Surface Warhawk badge long before I get 275K points. (And that requirement has to be a typo. Dylan? :p)

I don't even know why Dylan is saying the problem with getting the Warhawk Service/Air Combat medals is a big issue right now for ranking up since you don't need either of those until you hit 90K points for Captain anyway. Not that I'm complaining that they're fixing that now, since I want those medals in a big way. :X

So if I manage to keep playing every single day at the pace I have been and continue to score points at my current rate (which is pretty high - out of all the other guys at the top of the combat/kills board, only one guy has a higher points per minute rate than I do, and that's because he clearly used the rank scumming servers) it'll take me another half a year to hit General. For people who play at a more reasonable frequency, they don't have any real hope at all.

Of course, I intend to keep playing until they shut off the servers forever, and then I'll look into tunelling LAN play. God damn Warhawk rocks. XD

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Hell, the rank point requirements are crazy period. I've been playing like a demon daily for the two months since launch, and I have a bit over 70K points, which puts me at Commander. -snip-
Of course, I intend to keep playing until they shut off the servers forever, and then I'll look into tunelling LAN play. God damn Warhawk rocks. XD
You need to have more kids and make me some more chicken wings!!

Yo, it takes me over 30 minutes to join a fucking game. What the hell?

Any short term fixes for this until the update? I'm almost not convinced the patch will work. Shit.

I love this game, but I get burned out and pissed off before I play because of this and I don't play as much as I should.

carlos

It's a shame a lot of people aren't getting enjoyment out of this title due to the bugs/lack of friends being online. Kyoufu, another gaf member, is a blasphemer of the highest order against warhawk :(

This is the first game I've paid full price for in about a year, and 150 hours later, I can safely say its been worth it.

Steroyd

Lo-Volt said:
Speaking of which, what happened to the Lv. 1 through 3 servers? Am I missing something? (Sorry, just jumped into the end of this thread.)

I filtered the servers to my rank which is glitched to Commander, so I can only enter the higher Level servers because of it. :/

User 406

Banned
Woohoo, Swarm Missile Warhawk badge! 36 more kills and I can get Pistol Warhawk! :D

Also racking up more lightning gun kills by strafing a little with machine gun fire first then letting off a charged shot. Seems to suit my style better than trying to use it much in dogfights. When we have all the bases and the enemy is pinned down in their home base, it's time for lightning/cluster/TOW fun. :D

Edit: Aaaand, Pistol Warhawk badge! Next up, either Land Mine Warhawk or Air Mine Warhawk! :D

Man, I can't wait for the patch tomorrow morning. :X

Grayman

hold down the fire button and your targeting circle will fill up. when it is full you can relase to fire and lose all 10 lightning shots to unleash the beast so to speak.

Steroyd

That red team I kept getting shoved onto was absolutely dire, zones match in Ecudia was abysmal, I even took out the blue zone near our base to level 2, to gain some dignity... our team couldn't even get pwned near our own main base. :/

CTF in the highlands jesus you could just waltz in and get the flag, I had to piss off the blue team from the red flag by myself till I switched over.

carlos

Holy crap, I never knew the british could be so annoying; those few games with sea mankey felt like sharon osborne talking non stop O.O

last time I use that playstation.co.uk server

lemme know if you're still playing out there sea mankey, the clan list still has you in that old server; I'm in 2ch fighters

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
Holy crap, I never knew the british could be so annoying; those few games with sea mankey felt like sharon osborne talking non stop O.O

last time I use that playstation.co.uk server

lemme know if you're still playing out there sea mankey, the clan list still has you in that old server; I'm in 2ch fighters

I've been in that server a number of times, and it usually doesn't have dipshits like those two. Don't write it off altogether. :p

I'm out for a while, have to do some shopping, and I needed a break anyway, those last two matches I had turned into Mr. Fumblefingers. :X

Ragnarok10

Here's the details of the v1.2 patch coming in December:

Patch v1.2 includes:
* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/22/warhawk-v12-patch/

carlos

Sea Manky said:
I've been in that server a number of times, and it usually doesn't have dipshits like those two. Don't write it off altogether. :p

I'm out for a while, have to do some shopping, and I needed a break anyway, those last two matches I had turned into Mr. Fumblefingers. :X

yeah, you're right, I've used that server a lot too and it USUALLY isn't like that

but this is not the first time for me hearing something like that in that server, so I guess it depends on what time you log on; (at night EST time is usually best)

edit; damn, they're going to wait till mid december to patch the invisible tank glitch?

Top Bottom