• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
You know guys, I do leave the game running even when I'm not playing. Between that and the not-updating clan/buddy list, it can often seem like I'm playing when I'm really not. :p

As for my play time, I'm averaging about four hours per day, more on the weekends, less on weekdays, which is actually less gaming time than I was clocking before my son was born.

I AM NOT A ROBOT!

User 406

Banned
SILENCE INFERIOR HUMAN OR BE DISASSEMBLED!

Okay, I'm going to play NOW. >:|

Edit: Oh man, I lost my cool in this string of games and started yelling at my team. The enemy kept getting our flag out of the base, and most of my team was doing fuck-all about it. One time I held off a string of ten guys while trying to return our flag, not ONE of my teammates bothered to help, and they eventually scored it. Later, I got their flag and fought my way singlehandedly out of their base and halfway across the map after getting repeatedly killed and respawning, NONE of my team was helping in the slightest. At the end of the game, we lost 3-1, and I had FIFTY GOD DAMN KILLS. After that was a TDM game we managed to win, once again because I had most of the fucking kills and base captures, and finally a zones game where I was the ONLY ONE TAKING ZONES. Finally I said fuck that team, time for a break.

Freethought didn't even show up to save me like he always does. :(

Edit 2: Boy, half hour CTF matches with no score limit are crazy. Got 6 flag captures personally, 9-0 shutout. :X

Trevelyan

Banned
Exciting games tonight, except for the nonstop bitching and bickering on our team. Holy shit people whine like girls. Thank God they settled down after the Destroyed Capitol match.

Pimpwerx

Trevelayan and Sea_Mankey work well together. I held serve with the Badlands zones match. I feel really comfortable in a tank on that map. But the other maps I was mostly useless. Destroyed Capital is more fun on Md maps IMO, especially in CTF. I was completely useless there.

Just really liked that world victory on Badlands b/c we just trampled them with a really thorough assault. I think it was Manky and Trev on point with me and this other dude bridging support with the tanks. I love killing the other team with their own tanks on that stage. :lol

I don't know if you guys heard it in the bg, but my gf was jabbering on in my ear the whole time. It's why I missed half of what you guys were saying to me. I think she's working all Sat and Sun, so I hope to get some better comm going. You two at least tried to get me involved. :) PEACE.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, great stuff tonight. Sorry I was idle during the end of that Destroyed Capitol match and had to bail afterwards, but my marine friend from California who is moving into my upstairs apartment just showed up tonight. :D

And yeah, those twats talking really cliched smack to each other were intolerable. HUR HUR YOUR MOM. HUR HUR FAG. Then there were the ones who kept spouting angry insults when they were killed by the other team. THE GUY WHO KILLED YOU CAN'T HEAR YOU MR. ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES.

Oh well, I guess it's easier to deal with than a team that just flies around aimlessly and won't take bases. :X

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Finally I said fuck that team, time for a break.

Exactly how I feel right now, I was just playing with freethought, he left and I was stuck on retard team as usual...

Nothing pisses me off more than having around 12 campers at our base and yet they still let them take the flag; the skies are controlled by the other team, and then since nobody takes bases, if I die, I'm stuck at the basewith little/no warhawks and when they do show up, some asshat takes it, just to run into a mine, or glide into their missles.

Not helping matters is my broken left thumbstick, which, particularly in a dogfight today, stops working around 90% of the time, and to turn, I have to hover and use the right thumbstick...So frustrating...you wouldn't believe how pissed off I was.

And then back on the ground:"oh shit, they threw a grenade at me, let me move and avoid it"
-moves stick....nothing
-bashes stick....moves a quarter of an inch
-BOOM
-Commence expletive ridden rant

Not to mention I have the other working sixaxis there just taunting me to use it...

numble said:
Are there no more invites to the GAF clan(s)? I've asked many many many times...

PSN id: numbler

I think Steroyd hit a wall at the 51st invite. If I were you, Steroyd, I'd try sending some more invites out. Even before the fix you could hit a wall but it would occasionally let you get a couple more out if you tried again.

Got my Warhawk Air to Air today. :D

edit: Nice work on the LM badge Manky, what are you missing?

Steroyd

Yeah everyday I try to see if an invite goes through unfortunately nothing atm, don't worry numbler i've put you on the pending list for when they do fix this, I think I'll go bitch on the Warhawk thread on the Playstation forums, to see if I can make a difference.

In fact is it alright if I make you leader for a minute freethought try and invite people and see if there's a glitch to override the invite glitch.

The PSN ID's on the wating list are:

AgentX
GAZERCK
Captain_N
numbler

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Carlos, just use the other damn controller already. :p

No sir, I'm not allowing Warhawk to claim another victim; I'm squeezing every ounce of life out of the malfunctioning one.
It's really moody, sometimes it works near perfectly, other times the opposite.

In other news, I'm about a 100 or so kills from 10,000
I'll play some tonight and finally hit that milestone (it sure has taken a while)

Steroyd

My controller has to fear the wrath of me playing Pro Evo.

Might stop playing on CTF servers till the patch comes out, the point scummers are stopping me from having fun. :(

rc213

Steroyd said:
My controller has to fear the wrath of me playing Pro Evo.

Might stop playing on CTF servers till the patch comes out, the point scummers are stopping me from having fun. :(

Point Scummers = New Exploit?

User 406

Banned
Gah, my machine froze. Some good shit there with Cacophony and rc. Been focusing on using lightning/cluster/TOW to get those kill counts up. Love it when the losing team calls me gay. XD

freethought, I'm missing 12 Warhawk badges:
Munitions (8/16 Warhawk weapon badges)
4x4 (348/750 kills)
Turret (350/1000 kills)
Air to Surface (1648/5000 air-to-vehicle kills =_=)
Air Mine (977/1000 kills)
Cluster Bomb (513/1000 kills)
Lightning Gun (449/1000 kills)
TOW Missile (775/1000 kills)
Binoculars (267/1000 kills)
Knife (426/500 kills)
Rocket Launcher (598/1000 kills)
Sniper (242/1000 kills)

Medals:
Capture the Flag (319/500 flag captures)
Warhawk Service (I could get it now if not for the stupid time in vehicles/aircraft bug)
Air Combat (ditto)
Exemplary Air Combat (Just need Air Combat for this)
Distinguished Air Combat (5699/10000 air-to-air kills)

Should get Warhawk Air Mine and Knife soon, I'll keep plugging away at the bombs and lightning, and I'll have to do my turret/sniper/binoculars gambit again at some point.

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Gah, my machine froze. Some good shit there with Cacophony and rc. Been focusing on using lightning/cluster/TOW to get those kill counts up. Love it when the losing team calls me gay. XD
Dang, a gay robot? No wonder Lo likes to play with you.

Lo-Volt

mintylurb said:
Dang, a gay robot? No wonder Lo likes to play with you.

I haven't had a chance to lately.

And Whathawk's getting on my nerves lately, to be honest. I got kicked and banned from some random users' servers (and they don't have headsets to tell me why, but I'm sure I'm doing something undesirable). Maybe if there are some openings in the remaining clans, but I dunno, any tips?

rc213

Lo-Volt said:
I haven't had a chance to lately.

And Whathawk's getting on my nerves lately, to be honest. I got kicked and banned from some random users' servers (and they don't have headsets to tell me why, but I'm sure I'm doing something undesirable). Maybe if there are some openings in the remaining clans, but I dunno, any tips?

I got kicked for using a tank in a server when the other team was allowed to use tanks. :lol

Lo-Volt

rc213 said:
I got kicked for using a tank in a server when the other team was allowed to use tanks. :lol

:lol

It's be nice if Warhawk offered a reason in its messages to user as to why I got booted. (Server operators: do the game's menus offer options to communicate reasons for kicks and bans when you choose to do it?) Otherwise, it just makes me become more averse to playing at large.

rc213

Sea Manky said:

Gah, It was like 2 or 3 games before I noticed you guys were gone. No wonder both times the games came out tied.

User 406

Banned
Good lord, it's almost 3am. Played WAY too long tonight. :X

And of course, NONE of it registered. >X{

That's it. The instant I see a bandit badge or a medal I've already got, I'm just going to fucking quit whatever game I'm in. It may register sometimes, but better safe than sorry.

carlos

HA!
As I expected, nothing was recorded!Nothing! Those 6 hours of play with sea manky and Dac....
I'm still under 10,000 kills, lol

It's a good thing that I enjoyed the time we had, or else I'd be even more pissed.

Just out of curiosity, were your stats recorded, sea manky? or am I cursed?

edit: lol, just read your edited post
I told you we should've avoided the playstation.co.uk server

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
I told you we should've avoided the playstation.co.uk server

Well, that was because of chavs, not stat recording. :p

Anyway, some cool stuff happened over the last couple days. I will share anecdotes!

I got killed for the first time by an invisible tank! I was delighted. Checked the map, there's a tank sitting empty in an odd spot. Respawn, boost over, free knife kill! :D Later, I notice the same tank on the map flashing on and off. Fly over there, another free knife kill! I love that glitch. :D

I was in a CTF game on the tiny Eucadian Northern Bridge map, which I love. We had the southern base and the score was 1-1 with only a couple minutes to go. The enemy managed to get our flag out and was well across the bridge. I get a warhawk, boost over to their base to the flag just in front of their carrier and snag it. Hustle to a nearby jeep while shit is exploding all around me, and drive it out of the base while under heavy machine gun fire. There's an enemy tank right outside, but luckily his shot isn't a direct hit and I get past him with a sliver of health. Make it to the health powerup on the bridge, and decide to make a detour to the alcove with the land mines. The mines aren't there, so I make a little u-turn, and an enemy jeep with a gunner is barreling around the corner directly at me. I immediately switch to the gunner position, and we both start hammering each other at point black range. I was a little quicker on the draw, so they blow up, and I've got a little health left. Start accellerating, and just manage to escape a cluster bomb that an enemy warhawk dropped. Survived for another five seconds or so. While I'm respawning and trying to get back, they manage to hold off my team long enough to return their flag, but their flag carrier was hiding in the back of the big garage and there were only seconds left so he didn't make it in time and we tied. Felt really good about that one. :D

Then there was the bit last night where I and another guy were returning our flag, and there was just a little bit left on the bar, and carlos comes thundering directly at us at full boost like the fist of an angry god and my rocket blows him up inches in front of us. XD

carlos

Sea Manky said:
Then there was the bit last night where I and another guy were returning our flag, and there was just a little bit left on the bar, and carlos comes thundering directly at us at full boost like the fist of an angry god and my rocket blows him up inches in front of us. XD

I seriously hate the infantry rockets, I attribute it to lag more than anything else, but:
-2 hits blow me up (when last night I had to hit a guy five time for him to die).

-they are unavoidable(for me); even if I start to dash and spin wildly as soon as the alarm sounds, and they shot it from far away. And many times, even if I use my chaff as soon as possible since I'm expecting it, it still hits me.

Meanwhile I can't seem to take anyone down no matter how many I pump into them; I think its my least used weapon

Too many great moments to mention anecdotes for me though, but blowing up manky's warhawk with a granade to the cockpit while he was protecting the flag carrier was pretty nice.

Oh and there was this one time in the center base of badlands, where I'm in a tank and manky shows up on a jeep, and I swear he was still in the jeep shooting from the turret, when a clone of him appears and starts shooting rockets and granades from next to the jeep.
I knew he was fast, but 2 places at once? damn!

Steroyd

Sweet motherfuck what was that glitch!? o_O

Some guy on my team was doing something with a warhawk then the whole level flashes black... bailed out of that server ASAP!

****ing CTF servers.

User 406

Banned
Damn, I got eight flag captures in a Destroyed Capitol CTF match, and it didn't register. :|

But my Air Mine Warhawk badge did! :D

User 406

Banned
lolololol

I was just in a very nice string of varied games on someone's ranked server, me and a tanker named Hazer were whipping ass. In a TDM game on Destroyed Capitol I got 74 kills. Next game was CTF also on Destroyed Capitol, and I was working on my second flag capture when the admin kicked me. XD

h3ro

I forgot how fun Warhawk is!! I just played a quick CTF game, I played some defense with the Missile Turret and racked up the kills...
Back to Ratchet, I'll be on later tonight after football, hopefully I'll be in a few games with you guys..

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wait so is the warhawk clan full or what is the thing about pending psn ids?

It seems the clan invite glitch wasn't entirely fixed. Steroyd hit it again at 51. Where in the hell is v1.1? I ran into a guy this afternoon who has been playing for three days (not straight I assume) and has not had a single game recorded.

edit: I'm going to be on in a little while, after I've eaten.

Ceb

It's great to see so many participants in the clan meetups nowadays. The clan consolidation really worked wonders.

Steroyd

Someone pissed in my cornflakes today and his name was Sea_Mankey. :mad:

Lovely turnout I must say didn't even recognise some of the people with the Gaf tag. o_O

User 406

Banned
Good games there guys, well, at least until I was somehow the ONLY gaffer left on my team and all of you gang raped me. :X

And minty, you don't get to make pithy little comments about how you suck at Warhawk anymore. Coz you don't.

Steroyd, you see me play all the time, and I post in this thread all the time, so where does that extra 'e' keep coming from? :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Steroyd said:
Someone pissed in my cornflakes today and his name was Sea_Mankey. :mad:

Lovely turnout I must say didn't even recognise some of the people with the Gaf tag. o_O

I was Tigerheli :)

GG guys, until, like Manky said, he was the only one on the other team. Then it was rape time :(

mintylurb

commish said:
I was Tigerheli :)

GG guys, until, like Manky said, he was the only one on the other team. Then it was rape time :(
Oh, so you are Tigerheli. You and I took down that spanky bot a few times. Good work! :D

Top Bottom