• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Oh man, every single game I've joined this evening has been on not just a losing team, but a losing team full of jackasses jabbering inanely into the mic. :mad:

Ragnarok10

Patch tomorrow Morning!

Dylan Jobe said:
FINALLY! -- and Yes...I realize this was a loooong time coming :p

We are going to be globally deploying the v1.1 during an extended maintenance window Friday, November 2nd between 5am and 9am Pacific.

To recap, here are the items addressed by the patch:

Server-side
* Stat database stability improvements
* Improved server stability
* Max Clan limit changed from 32 to 64
* Viral Rank-up bug fixed and correct for players that were accidentally ranked up.
* “Time-in-Vehicle” Stats fixed so certain awards can now be granted properly.

Client-side (this is the one that you will actually download to your PS3)
* Stat connection, fetch/post fixes
* Significantly improved client connection stability
* Quad “????” Ping display bug fixed.
* Added support for Player-Ranked Servers.
* Game synchronization fixes due to fluctuating network conditions (packet-drop).
* Crash fixes for end of game and split screen.

A couple of things that I want to point out. Some of you were able to download the v1.1 patch before it was "officially" ready. Since this occurred without the server-side updates to compliment it, not all of the fixes would have functioned. Specifically the viral-rank-up fix and the time-in-vehicle stat fix. Once we bring the system back online Friday, 9am Pacific, these fixes will be functional.

Also, once we deploy the patch, when you boot Warhawk, you will be prompted by the XMB to download the v1.1 patch. This is a fast download so it's not a time killer. Once the XMB has pulled the patch down, Warhawk will boot back up and be happy! You will also notice a "v1.1" in the lower right corner of the screen.

So...we'll be monitoring the roll-out tomorrow and this weekend so please check the forums for any updates We'll also be updating the announcements text today as well.

I would also like to extend a heart-felt "Welcome Back!" to our talented QA, SCERT and PDIT teams in San Diego. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are the ones "behind the curtain" making a lot of this happen and its great to have them back!

As Always...Rock on!
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=203152

User 406

Banned
dance.gif

rc213

Bastards!!! Could have used that patch a couple days ago. Just checked and about 75% of my games in the last 2 days have failed to register. =c

User 406

Banned
Heh heh, if the vehicle/aircraft stats get genuinely fixed and not just accumulate properly from now on, I should be able to get Warhawk Service, Air Combat, and Exemplary Air Combat in one game. XD

Huggers

Nooooooooo, how long are the servers down? I have the day off and planned on avoiding daylight and playing this, they tuken arr jaabs!

User 406

Banned
Patch worked fine, logged in, still brigadier general. :p

Hopefully the rank resets are in progress.

Gonna try out a dogfight game to see if the aircraft time is accumulating properly.

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
Patch worked fine, logged in, still brigadier general. :p

Hopefully the rank resets are in progress.

Gonna try out a dogfight game to see if the aircraft time is accumulating properly.

I hate you!

Ma Wowhawk still broked. :/

Where the hell does the patch download? Just logged in fine but no sign of an update.

edit: I just tried to join a game and the damn thing froze. There was still no attempt to download the patch.

User 406

Banned
Woohoo! Just checked my profile, and I'm a commander! And it shows 32 hours for vehicles, 102 for aircraft! After lunch I'll get my medals and rank up to captain. Then it's time for Warhawk Knife badge! :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
Woo ma Warhawk is fixed. ^_^

how did u fix it? still says I cannot start it in the XMB :(

edit: nm, read on the official forum I have to redownload the whole game :(

Jesus Incog is n00b at netcoding stuff

Steroyd

I re-downloaded the whole game... for a third time and it eventually worked, I'm a wingman now got Master grenade and Warhawk combat, time to get the 4x4 bandit to rank up XD.

h3ro said:
How do you get the patch to download??!?! I wanna Wowhawk!!

It's meant to download as soon as you launch (maybe after the PS3 logo). I managed to get in a couple times without installing, just keep trying.

User 406

Banned
Oh yeah baby, Warhawk Service, Air Combat, Exemplary Air Combat and Captain rank all in one round! XD

One knife kill left for the warhawk badge!

Steroyd

I can't do the bandit thing it's highly sensitive on teamkills and god knows what I have to do to run over the buggers.

Once I got 4 bandit kills but most of them didn't register as kills, the worse thing is I can't get it out of my head I need to do this. :/

It's stopping me from playing my natural game.

Fuck I need 5. :/

spwolf

Sea Manky said:
Woohoo! Just checked my profile, and I'm a commander! And it shows 32 hours for vehicles, 102 for aircraft! After lunch I'll get my medals and rank up to captain. Then it's time for Warhawk Knife badge! :D

stat whore :D

Sea Manky said:
Oh yeah baby, Warhawk Service, Air Combat, Exemplary Air Combat and Captain rank all in one round! XD

One knife kill left for the warhawk badge!

Very nice. Air Combat requires 50 hours right? I'm clocking in at a paltry 43. Did you get booted from that dogfight before? I got a Host disconnected message, and it was something like my 10th game post-patch.

jjasper

Firewire said:
Is everything ok now? I plan on playing latter tonight. (disc version in N.A.)
It seemed to be working better, I was able to get into games for the first time:lol

The players were all jackasses bitching cause I sucked though

User 406

Banned
freethought said:
Very nice. Air Combat requires 50 hours right? I'm clocking in at a paltry 43. Did you get booted from that dogfight before? I got a Host disconnected message, and it was something like my 10th game post-patch.

Yeah, 50 hours. I was actually getting close with the fucked up time stat, it was around 40-something hours, but when they fixed the stats, it jumped up to >100. :X What's stupid is how the requirements for Exemplary Air Combat can be obtained long long before you get Air Combat. I expect that pretty much everyone will get those medals at the same time.

I didn't get bumped from that server, I was wondering what happened to you.

And spwolf, I'm not a stat whore, I'm a shiny bits of tin and fruit salad whore! And I just got my Warhawk Knife badge! MEDALS BADGES AND RIBBONS OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I hope Incognito adds some more sparklies to earn in the expansion. :D

Steroyd, play deathmatch, drive around all day.

Anyone ese having trouble downloading the patch? Everytime I launch the game it asks to download it and quit, so I do, and it says "please wait..." and it eventually just errors out. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but its a real pain in the ass.

rc213

Ranks still broken? Points necessary seems to have change as well. I was kicked back to Wingman even though I have 12,000+ points already.

Steroyd

Screw Deathmatch, CTF when they're recovering the flag is where it's at. ^_^

I got screwed over in Archipelagrio they were bunched together with the flag and I was waiting to pounce... but a tank got in the way so I had to settle with a 4 kill grenade instead.

Got the badge anyway and promoted to Wingman leader or something like that, now I can enjoy the game till I get 15000 points.

Dayum though there were a couple of CTF that bored me to tears earlier, there was no intensity no mines just bust in and get out they barely bothered chasing me with Warhawks either.

Steroyd

rc213 said:
Ranks still broken? Points necessary seems to have change as well. I was kicked back to Wingman even though I have 12,000+ points already.

You need to get the 4x4 badge, by running over 5 people in a round before you get promoted, my KDR took a hit just driving in a jeep trying run over people. :/

So I got disconnected? That's lame. That's only happened to me in Sony servers 2 or 3 times and for it to strike hours after the patch, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. On the plus side I had no joining problems and I got bumped down to Cmd Sergeant, yay! I need around 4000 points to hit 2nd lieutenant. I had just got that sweet red, white and blue paint job too, who knows when I'll see that one again.

rc213

Steroyd said:
You need to get the 4x4 badge, by running over 5 people in a round before you get promoted, my KDR took a hit just driving in a jeep trying run over people. :/

Thanks, Just played a quick CTF game and got it. Hopefully it registered and I don't have to do it again.

Steroyd

rc213 said:
Thanks, Just played a quick CTF game and got it. Hopefully it registered and I don't have to do it again.

Just checked the Rank advancements no more 4x4's needed from now on. XD

The next promotion needs the Bandit Tank badge. XD XD XD

Man, I just played the weirdest games with Steroyd. No matter how uneven the teams got there was just no balancing. The last game I played was 10 onto 6. It was a Sony server too. I'm not sure what was going on. We had a handful of good offensive players but we were just getting swarmed. Still, I owned them in the air in a Destroyed Capital TDM. :D

edit: Yeah, sorry about your hand Icechai. How'd it happen?

Steroyd

So there was 5 people on my team, hell wierd glitch.

It was odd I was trying to capture the flag and no-one was helping me, the place felt devoid of blue people.

I got about 30+ kills that round was so hard to defend.

Steroyd said:
So there was 5 people on my team, hell wierd glitch.

It was odd I was trying to capture the flag and no-one was helping me, the place felt devoid of blue people.

I got about 30+ kills that round was so hard to defend.

IIRC that CTF was actually 12 to 8 but I only noticed the same 4 or 5 people during the game.

Are you familiar with X-League.tv? They show competitive gaming and there was a Warhawk match on last night. A 2-on-2 TDM if you'll believe that, and boy did they suck! One of the commentators was dubious as to it's potential as a suitable 'e-sports' (God how I hate that term) game and no wonder if they play such small games.

Ragnarok10

@ Sea_Mankay: Tried to play with you a couple times yesterday bro. Got "Game Full" a few times and you were gone when I finally got in.

So I deleted this after the patch fucked it up. Redownloaded it, it failed.

Redowloaded it again, successfully. Will not install though.

what the fuck is going on, that might count as 4 of the 5 times I can download it for god sake.

Grayman

freethought said:
IIRC that CTF was actually 12 to 8 but I only noticed the same 4 or 5 people during the game.

Are you familiar with X-League.tv? They show competitive gaming and there was a Warhawk match on last night. A 2-on-2 TDM if you'll believe that, and boy did they suck! One of the commentators was dubious as to it's potential as a suitable 'e-sports' (God how I hate that term) game and no wonder if they play such small games.
It makes sense that e-sports people would try low player counts first. TDM and CTF are 4 on 4 in a lot of games. ET was six per team, not sure what TF was.

I don't know what the sweet number for warhawk would be but tournaments will consider it a lot of people to get into a building.

Top Bottom