• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Ceb

Jeez, that last round was a mess. People constantly driving in the wrong direction, me TKing a guy and not me again not catching who it was that was messing with Manky. Was it that Atrocity guy? Anyway, sorry about that - I really need to get a mic.

Ragnarok10

I had fun playing with Sea Manky the other day. Archeplago CTF, Manky was rushing in and I was swinging by with the Jeep just as he would rush out of the base. Good times. :D

Kosma

Banned
Well downloaded and played for about three hours, couldn't really stop as the game is definately addicting. Nice learning curve, hope to become better soon. The Warhawk controls in particular will get a lot of getting used to.

I'll try to play with some of you guys tommorow!

User 406

Banned
Arrrggggh, playing against Trevelyan, my team was GODAWFUL. Wouldn't take bases, wouldn't do SHIT. FUCK. ASS. Managed to win a dogfight, then the next CTF match started and they persisted in being totally goddamn useless. Had to quit before I burst a vessel. >X{

Trevelyan

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Arrrggggh, playing against Trevelyan, my team was GODAWFUL. Wouldn't take bases, wouldn't do SHIT. FUCK. ASS. Managed to win a dogfight, then the next CTF match started and they persisted in being totally goddamn useless. Had to quit before I burst a vessel. >X{
Yeah, I had to leave after that CTF match, and agree about your team. I know I was only playing D, but I could tell they had no idea what the fuck they were doing when it seemed like no one was trying to get our flag(except you and some other guy) yet we still managed to get 2 quick flag caps. Sorry bout that Manky =( I'll probably be on in a bit when this basketball game is over.

Steroyd

Whenever my team plays absolute shite, I just try and take the middle base and defend it like heck and hope they bother to push forward at some point in the match. :S

Worked to some extent against some team Manky was on, my team still got humped though.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention when I got 71 kills in a deathmatch yesturday there was some clan from TFF that was working together, smack talking about showing how Deathmatch was done and they were working together pwned their ass good.

And congratulations Manky, your on my profile as the one I was most killed by, 13 times. :/

Trevelyan

Banned
Steroyd said:
And congratulations Manky, your on my profile as the one I was most killed by, 13 times. :/

:lol :lol

I need to check my stats, I'm sure some GAFFER has probably killed me 5 dozen times by now.

Steroyd

I was playing with Thundersabre, I hate campers particularly if they're on your team.

I took some bases and everyone still camped in our base. :S

Because the other team loves to attack I was overrun way too easily some guy on my team ended up with 300 points in that round, ended a stalemate was very horrible.

Just re-checked my stats I killed someone 13 times Manky killed me 10.

Why does the stats over time not work? It crashes my PS3 all the time. :/

Wonder if there's any medals I can get.

User 406

Banned
Don't feel bad Steroyd, the guy who killed me the most killed me 19 times. XD That was set rather early on when I paid absolutely no attention to mines whatsoever. :p

As for what medals you can get, let's take a look!

Okay, AFTER this 2.0 system update, let's take a look. :p

14 more tank kills and you can get Tank Master badge
579 more team points and you can get Teamwork Warhawk badge

Aaaaand I get a network error and can't log back in. >:|

User 406

Banned
Checked the Warhawk boards, seems to be a widespread problem. Oh well, guess I'll work on maps. If anyone manages to get back in, post.

User 406

Banned
Whenever I get a free moment and can't actually play, I've been working on maps for Warhawk. It's slow going, but Eucadia is almost complete and Destroyed Capitol is partially done.

Sea Manky said:
Whenever I get a free moment and can't actually play, I've been working on maps for Warhawk. It's slow going, but Eucadia is almost complete and Destroyed Capitol is partially done.

You mean you're actually drawing them? Do they include notes? You've got to post pics when you're done. It would be awesome if you went all OS on them with contours and a key.

P.S. Servers still down.

Steroyd

Awe I hope Sony do a clan or team type tourny sometime, I've got some sweet ideas how to stunt and take out teams in Zones, plus I really want strategise getting the flag in a 32p map Ecudia, that place is like a fort knox. :)

User 406

Banned
Rox, I'll be on in a bit.

Here's a crappy jpeg preview of one of the Eucadia maps:
Battle_for_Eucadia.jpg

I'm making them with GIMP and everything is in layers, so I can make maps that only show certain things. This is a bit of a jumble since it shows all the zones, spawns, land pickups, and air pickups all at once. I've also got masks for the smaller maps. Most of the work remaining is locations of spawn points and pickups on each submap.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd, you can get Air Mine Master, Swarm Missile Master, and Flamethrower Master right now by getting 5 kills in a round with each.

You need 32 more team game wins for your Team Cross medal.

Other ones you're close to are 14 more kills for Tank Master and 579 more team points for Teamwork Warhawk.

Steroyd

Cool I was just playing a zones match, and I got a lot of Swarm, missile and Airf mine kills to. I even took a rare trip in the Tank and was pwning people. :/

I've got to setup this PES tournament and I'll be on my way. XD

That map is awesome.

Anyone been having any problems today? I've had two games freeze up on me and in a game with Manky and Steroyd it went straight from the loading screen to the results screen.

User 406

Banned
It seems that a lot of server hosts like to close the server after the next game starts. I guess they're paranoid about stats recording or something.

Ran into some guy who asked me specifically if I was going to play COD4.

"No."

"You're just gonna play this?"

"Yeah."

"Shit."

He then explained that apparently I'm right behind his #2 spot in the leaderboards in wins. :X

Ceb

I'm gonna put up a GAF server soonish in... errr... celebration of the Uncharted demo fiasco. Will try to throw in some new map layouts.

Sea Manky said:
It seems that a lot of server hosts like to close the server after the next game starts. I guess they're paranoid about stats recording or something.

Ran into some guy who asked me specifically if I was going to play COD4.

"No."

"You're just gonna play this?"

"Yeah."

"Shit."

He then explained that apparently I'm right behind his #2 spot in the leaderboards in wins. :X

:lol

User 406

Banned
Wheee, Archipelago CTF, grabbed the flag, killed a defender with the flamethrower, dropped into the tunnel, ambushed and killed a second guy following me, killed a third guy on the way out with a rocket launcher, got a jeep, hauling ass with no opposition, I get kicked off the server. XD

w00t, just 2500 each of air-to-air kills and air-to-vehicle kills left for my Distinguished Air Combat medal and Air to Surface Warhawk badge. :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is so fucking stupid. They bumped my rank up to the second highest possible, now it's very very difficult to find a game I can join without being too high a rank.

EktorPR

Got this game a couple days back, only managing to play a few hours at most. The feel of this game is EPIC, no doubt about it...but I still haven't "got" the flow of the game, getting killed left and right in a matter of seconds. And that's on the ground...in the air, its usually faster. :lol

User 406

Banned
commish, is this the first time you've played since the patch? You need to play a ranked game then quit, and your rank should reset to its proper level.

Ektor, when you're looking for a game to join, check to see what the maximum rank allowed in the game is. If you stick to the lower ranked rooms to begin with, it should make the learning curve easier. Otherwise don't sweat it, Warhawk is all about dying a lot until you get the hang of everything. Actually, it's about dying a lot period, but that won't stop you from making a difference for your team. :)

commish

Sea Manky said:
commish, is this the first time you've played since the patch? You need to play a ranked game then quit, and your rank should reset to its proper level.

Ektor, when you're looking for a game to join, check to see what the maximum rank allowed in the game is. If you stick to the lower ranked rooms to begin with, it should make the learning curve easier. Otherwise don't sweat it, Warhawk is all about dying a lot until you get the hang of everything. Actually, it's about dying a lot period, but that won't stop you from making a difference for your team. :)

Yeah, my first time. I'll try that out, thanks! I had some good games on that higher ranked server, though. Everyone was generally pretty good, except for the tk'er who followed me around for a few minutes.

EktorPR

Sea Manky said:

Just logged out...it was awesome. I'm getting better at the game, getting 5 to 6 kills per game whereas before it was only one or two at most. Loving the tanks, and stationary heavy artillery. :D I'm still no match for the master airfighters, though.

User 406

Banned
Just had a great set of games on a Japanese server, really excellent team play. If you see the clan name [RED!] in a server, they're worth checking out.

commish

EktorPR said:
Just logged out...it was awesome. I'm getting better at the game, getting 5 to 6 kills per game whereas before it was only one or two at most. Loving the tanks, and stationary heavy artillery. :D I'm still no match for the master airfighters, though.

Yeah, air combat has a steep learning curve. It took me a while to get the hang of it before I felt comfortable going against any and everyone. Just be sure to use your radar!

User 406

Banned
Well, it looks like not only have I died more than anyone else, I've also killed more than anyone else. I'm now #1 on the leaderboards in both categories. :X

Steroyd

1. something KD ratio baby.

In that last CTF match I got Warhawk Teamwork, Master Tank and Master Air mines XD got the swarm missiles and flamethrower to work on now.

Oh and I got promoted to Sergant Major. :D

Ceb

Putting up a "!GAF" server in 10 minutes or so. Will clear some space now and then to make room for possible GAF stragglers.

Sea Manky said:
Well, it looks like not only have I died more than anyone else, I've also killed more than anyone else. I'm now #1 on the leaderboards in both categories. :X

Congrats dude. I'm going to have to check your profile out again, then start crying about how much I still have to do.

I've been lax with my Warhawking last couple of days (started an SotC playthrough, Uncharted demo did the rest), I'll be on tomorrow though, unless Ratchet actually shows up.

User 406

Banned
Nice games there Ceb, too bad my team's collective brain turned to pudding on that last zones game. :p

Got my Cluster Bomb Warhawk badge too! :D

Ceb

Yeah, nice playing. That first TDM was like putting lambs to the lions. I should've bumped up the score limit to 200. :lol

Also, sorry Steroyd for not discovering earlier that the start limit had somehow bugged its way to 24 instead of 8.

Ceb

Are people playing already? I'll put up "!GAF" in case I don't see a bunch of warhawkers active on the clan list.

Sea Manky said:
Hahaha

Song heard in between matches with Trevelyan, Vennt, and freethought:

G-A-F
Let me in!
G-A-F
Let me in!

XD

Yeah, that was pretty funny.

Some good games tonight. Great rotation on Ceb's server, had a pretty intense dogfight DM, I got overtaken in the last 5 minutes but I managed to claw my way back into the lead.

Ceb

That other guy sorta came from nowhere in that dogfight game. A telephone call and a spilled-out coffee cup ensured that I was out of the running for top spot. Nah, I can't outfly freethought. :D

Smokey

Alright I'm ready to get back into some Warhawk goodness after the patch. My PSN name is dbswisha. When do you guys usually play???

User 406

Banned
Gaffers play at all hours, there's usually someone on throughout the day. Keep an eye out for when Ceb posts that he's starting a server.

Top Bottom