• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Yeah, I'm getting signed off with an error when I start Warhawk, and then it signs back in when I quit. Weird. Well, I've got around 70 snipes so far today, doing pretty good. At this rate I might get the badge within a week.

Edit: Network is back up.

carlos

Nice playing with a few of you tonight, I just wanted to get some rust off in between trips; someone drop me a line if you're playing tomorrow in the daytime (est time)

First time playing since 1.1, but it still hasn't fixed the rank bug; the main screen says air marshall, the rank screen says wingman, but I should be liutenant o_O

edit: I had been playing ranked matches, that was the weird part....I should be getting used to these bugs, even frimware 2.00 has caused a series of problems that I haven't been able to fix....leave it to sony to screw up my ps3 just as the warranty is expiring :/

carlos said:
Nice playing with a few of you tonight, I just wanted to get some rust off in between trips; someone drop me a line if you're playing tomorrow in the daytime (est time)

First time playing since 1.1, but it still hasn't fixed the rank bug; the main screen says air marshall, the rank screen says wingman, but I should be liutenant o_O

edit: I had been playing ranked matches, that was the weird part....I should be getting used to these bugs, even frimware 2.00 has caused a series of problems that I haven't been able to fix....leave it to sony to screw up my ps3 just as the warranty is expiring :/

1) Are you usre you really should be a liutenant, or are you just going off of your old bugged out broken rank?

2) I'm pretty sure software problems are not related to hardware problems, thus, your PS3 isn't screwed up, and it will get fixed. Stop being such a debbie downer.

carlos

jeremy_ricci said:
1) Are you usre you really should be a liutenant, or are you just going off of your old bugged out broken rank?

2) I'm pretty sure software problems are not related to hardware problems, thus, your PS3 isn't screwed up, and it will get fixed. Stop being such a debbie downer.

1)yeah, I'm really sure, the last rank update appears as september 8th, before the rank glitch, when I was really an wingman (its not taking into account all the points since then.)

2)guess I'm just being paranoid with sony hardware (ps1,ps2 and psp have all ended up with unfixable problems) but this console has been a bigger investment, so I worry more.
I've gotten more network disconnects, random shit happening, freezes, but worst of all, I can't access the jpn or euro playstation store so no Pro Evo demo for me :(

User 406

Banned
Wheee, lots of gaffers on today, even Escalation, who I haven't seen in a long time. Good stuff all around. Sorry I wasn't much of a contributor in a lot of the games, I'm learning how to be a sniping cunt. :X

S. L.

haven't played for a few weeks now, but hopefully i'll have time again from the end of next week on.

anyways, i played my first round the the playstationforum tourney today (almost didn't make it as i had to update to 1.1 first) and their server crashed 20sec before end :lol

now it has been rescheduled to sunday... eh, i think i would have qualified for the next round :/

deepbrown

carlos said:

Sure you should be lieutenant?, you have to achieve particular badges, ribbons. It's not just the score...

User 406

Banned
deepbrown said:
I rock :) Who wants to challenge me? Who has a 1.52 Kill Death Ratio? :D

musashi2036 - 2.46
Trevelyan - 1.96
PlayerBeyond - 2.68
Escalation - 3.84
freethought69 - 1.63
GoncaloCastro - 2.33
carlos - 1.75
Mintylurb - 1.92

Any of these fine gentlemen should be able to meet your needs.

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
musashi2036 - 2.46
Trevelyan - 1.96
PlayerBeyond - 2.68
Escalation - 3.84
freethought69 - 1.63
GoncaloCastro - 2.33
carlos - 1.75
Mintylurb - 1.92

Splendid. I haven't finished a game with more deaths than kills for a long time, and it's early days for me at the moment (only 5000 score)

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
musashi2036 - 2.46
Trevelyan - 1.96
PlayerBeyond - 2.68
Escalation - 3.84
freethought69 - 1.63
GoncaloCastro - 2.33
carlos - 1.75
Mintylurb - 1.92

Oh look at that my 1.4something KDR weeps.

Still pissed about the network errors. :mad:

User 406

Banned
Well, yesterday I got 94 snipes and today 106, just a bit over 400 to go! Looks like binoculars and turret will actually take longer. :X

User 406

Banned
Hahaha, looks like the warhawk arbiters have finally started culling the leaderboards and resetting stat padders. I've shot up to #30 on the overall board overnight from #149. :p

That guy who was worried I was going to take his #2 spot in wins got reset too. XD

Steroyd

Woohoo I'm getting a hang of the sniper, it's horrible being Isolated from the game... a lone wolf waiting for the prey to come to the crosshair waiting...waiting... and then the bugger changes direction. :mad:

User 406

Banned
I've found the best way to rack up sniper kills is to get into a battle with another snipey inclined person or two on the other team. Instead of flying over to flush them out and take their base, just keep sniping back and forth. This way you at least have a target that's likely to be standing still a lot. XD

Steroyd

I've also configured my controls so my snipings slicker, Ecudia on the bridge is my fave. ^_^

CTF matches are a joy to play.

mintylurb

CSSer said:
I'm not that good... I just spam tow missiles and lay mines :lol
Yeah, I've seen him play. He ain't that good!
03lag2.gif

rc213

Sea Manky said:
musashi2036 - 2.46
Trevelyan - 1.96
PlayerBeyond - 2.68
Escalation - 3.84
freethought69 - 1.63
GoncaloCastro - 2.33
carlos - 1.75
Mintylurb - 1.92

How do you figure that out?

mintylurb

Argh, 2 lockups in 2 days. I don't know what's going on. I was hoping to stick it out until the 1.2 patch but this lock up bullshit is making it really hard. Hey sony, if I wanted to experience complete system lock ups while playing games I would be playing'em on my pcs, not on my fucking console.

Pharmacy

Banned
CSSer said:
I'm not that good... I just spam tow missiles and lay mines :lol

ohhh so YOU'RE PlayerBeyond

thanks for the countless times in TDM where im trying to get my own Warhawk, you slam yours into the ground so i get in yours, THEN you get blown up in 2 seconds :lol

CSSer

Pharmacy said:
ohhh so YOU'RE PlayerBeyond

thanks for the countless times in TDM where im trying to get my own Warhawk, you slam yours into the ground so i get in yours, THEN you get blown up in 2 seconds :lol

>_>.... I suck in warhawk evasion and defense

justjohn

wtf happened? i logged on today and found out i lost everything. i customised my character to suit how i look and today its all gone. i cant even customise it back since my options are now back to being limited. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh wtf. i feel like some fucking noob playing the game with the default characters. wth is this?

User 406

Banned
justjohn said:
wtf happened? i logged on today and found out i lost everything. i customised my character to suit how i look and today its all gone. i cant even customise it back since my options are now back to being limited. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh wtf. i feel like some fucking noob playing the game with the default characters. wth is this?

Have you not logged on since the 1.1 patch? They fixed the rank up bug, so now you're at the rank you should be.

That or they reset your stats for stat padding. :X

justjohn

Sea Manky said:
Have you not logged on since the 1.1 patch? They fixed the rank up bug, so now you're at the rank you should be.

That or they reset your stats for stat padding. :X
what the hell is padding? and the rank i was before was deserved, i've never cheated online, except kick out a few people from my server when they were owning my ass :D

Epix

justjohn said:
what the hell is padding? and the rank i was before was deserved, i've never cheated online, except kick out a few people from my server when they were owning my ass :D
You may not have cheated but could just be a part of the LARGE number of people who were just given an incorrect rank. This was the case for me.

User 406

Banned
Damn, I've already got 779 snipes, doing a lot better than I expected.

Very satisfying when half the enemy team wastes a lot of time, ordinance, and lives trying to hunt you down just because you're annoying. XD

methane47

Hey guys... I recently started playing Warhawk again.. I was wondering if Gaf-E still gathers to play? or have you guys organised a new Gaf clan out of the remaining people who still play often..

I'm asking because I want to get into some gaf games again...

User 406

Banned
I'm thinking it might be time for another clan cull, we've got a number of people wanting to get in and there's a lot of people in the clan who haven't seemed to be on in ages.

Steroyd

But who do I chop?

I'm not up all night so I don't know all the... regulars.

Unless there's a way to see when they last logged on, EUREKA!

Top Bottom