• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Yay, got my Lightning Gun Warhawk badge! That's all of the warhawk weapons!

And just two more flag captures left for my CTF medal. :D

freethought, you were on for a hot second then left, what happened?

Booted up for the first time in about two months.

Man, hella fun!

I really wish they'd add a function so we can vote out TK jackasses. I was waiting with the flag at our base and some douche rocket grenades me. Then he gets pwned by a Eucadian that recovers the f'ing flag.

NICE WORK TIAM! >:|

Can someone send me a clan invite? I've been waiting on a GAFN invite since the game came out, but I still haven't got it.

GafN or GafE by preference, but I'll take anything I can get. :D

PSN = Prelude514

Trevelyan

Banned
I can't stand CTF matches where 12-14 people on each time are playing D and only 2 or 3 are trying to actively get the flag. I don't mind stalemates if each team is making an effort and trying, but not like this. Fucking pansies. Grrrr.

Steroyd

Trevelyan said:
I can't stand CTF matches where 12-14 people on each time are playing D and only 2 or 3 are trying to actively get the flag. I don't mind stalemates if each team is making an effort and trying, but not like this. Fucking pansies. Grrrr.

Think of the points. :/

Patch 1.2 with the fixing stalemates can't come fast enough.

Steroyd

eep!! Warhawk Tourny THIS THURSDAY!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Time to play some Warhawking hardcore of hardcoreness like i've never played Warhawk Hardcore before, in other words try to play at a higher rate than Sea_Manky. :S

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
Where are you guys? I haven't seen anyone on the clan list in a couple days. :(

Where are YOU. You're not logged on PSN but you're online in Warhawk WTF!? o_O

I haven't been playing Warhawk as much as I'd like, didn't play it over the whole weekend and the first round of the tourney is 2 and a bit days away. :(

rc213

Was playing yesterday and the game hard locked on me for the 1st time. Had to hold the power button for 5 seconds to shutdown. =c

User 406

Banned
Yeah, good games there, got my Rocket Launcher Warhawk badge too! :D

Unfortunately this time Trevelyan was trapped on the dumb team. :/

Ceb

Tonight was amateur hour. Including me - I finally learned about that shortcut jump on large Eucadia. :D

I could really sense poor Manky's frustration at times. :lol And no, I still don't have a headset. :p

Ceb said:
Tonight was amateur hour. Including me - I finally learned about that shortcut jump on large Eucadia. :D

I could really sense poor Manky's frustration at times. :lol And no, I still don't have a headset. :p

What is this shortcut jump you speak of?

Ceb

freethought said:
What is this shortcut jump you speak of?

I bet you already know about it. You just jump off the cliff from the first base instead of going around it. You know, the place Manky marked with a dotted green line on his map. Pretty logical actually. Should've thought of it before. :p

User 406

Banned
Actually, the dotted lines just indicate which base controls which spawn points. :X

But yeah, I've found that taking that cliff jump and heading up through the gully beyond shaves off a decent amount of time. Takes a bit of practice to land well though.

Trevelyan

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Yeah, good games there, got my Rocket Launcher Warhawk badge too! :D

Unfortunately this time Trevelyan was trapped on the dumb team. :/

OMG. I had to leave. They're were all gossiping about shit like Halo 3 and not paying one bit of damn attention to anything. And then the following server I joined, one guy was constantly team killing me whenever I was remotely near our flag with theirs. Yeah, I think I'll just stay away from the game for the rest of the night. :lol

Ceb said:
I bet you already know about it. You just jump off the cliff from the first base instead of going around it. You know, the place Manky marked with a dotted green line on his map. Pretty logical actually. Should've thought of it before. :p

Oh right. Yeah, I use that all the time. It's more of a fall than a jump though. So, do you think that when they fix fall damage it'll affect vehicles too?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sea Manky said:
Where are you guys? I haven't seen anyone on the clan list in a couple days. :(

I made the mistake of trying out Disgaea for my PSP. That's all I play nowadays.

Steroyd

Yeah I was trying that on a server we was on only when they stood still could I hit them. lol

How many Sniper kills do you need for a warhawk badge, might change the aiming sensitivity till I get the Warhawk badge.

Can't knife people for shit either.

Steroyd

Holy shit... looks like I'm going recon in objective games. :O

Looks like my aim speed will be 90 - 100% for a while.

958 snipe kills to go. :/
And you have to get 8 in one round just to get the badge to.

rc213

I have switched my gaming time to nights because my bro is home all day now. =c

Island Outpost + Flag Standoff + Mines = 4 Presidential Awards in a row! =)

Nobby

All right, I just bought a used copy of this game on bluray and it went through the install the first time, but it was taking forever (20 mins) so I quit the install to try it again and now whenever I try to play the game it loads the playstation 3 screen and then nothing. Just a black screen with no audio, controller inputs do nothing. Any ideas on how to get this thing to work?

rc213

Nobby said:
All right, I just bought a used copy of this game on bluray and it went through the install the first time, but it was taking forever (20 mins) so I quit the install to try it again and now whenever I try to play the game it loads the playstation 3 screen and then nothing. Just a black screen with no audio, controller inputs do nothing. Any ideas on how to get this thing to work?

On the Home XMB go to Game>Game Data Utility and Delete the Warhawk Data so it re-installs it again.

Nobby

Wow, I feel stupid. I knew it would be something like that but I only looked at the saved game part. It's reinstalling now. Thanks! :D

User 406

Banned
Look, I just want to be left alone to turret/sniper/binoculars camp and improve my pathetic sniping skills but you people just won't stop PUSHING me and I start seeing red and then I fly around shooting down planes and taking bases and dropping bombs and then the round is over. :(

Steroyd

That was a... wierd string of matches earlier Sea_Manky. o_O

Not sure about you but I was doing bugger all, trying to get snipe kills and ended with one of the highest number of points each round. o_O

Need to fix the snipe, like shooting a needle into a microscopic hole at least give us a third zoom in.

User 406

Banned
I had a really good run on that Destroyed Capitol match, took base 5 while dying once and mined it, then went up into the upper part of the tower and set up camp. I was sniping and binocularing everyone on the north tower and their home base, and they got REALLY pissed off at me. But they never could pry me out, and kept bringing me mines and shit to keep torturing them with. Ended that match 29 and 1, and the 1 wasn't when I was camping.

In fact, I must have pissed them off so bad that after the dogfight match, I was going around Eucadia collecting my stuff and they chased me everywhere, even wasted a TOW on me right off the bat. XD

Time for lunch!

Steroyd

I've figured it out!

If I try to average 2/3 sniper kills per match THEN play the game normally I'll get over 1000 snipe kills before I've played 1000 matches.

Now I need to suck a lot less.

User 406

Banned
The variable servers are nice, I can struggle with sniping/turret/binoculars in the regular games, then blow off steam and go apeshit in the dogfights. Helps push me towards that 10,000 air-to-air kills too. :D

rc213

Hello my name is RC213 and I am a Warhawkolic.

Time sure flies by when your ass deep in dead bodies. :O JUST 1 MORE!

<shakes>

User 406

Banned
Cool, I've gotten 31 snipes this morning and the day is still young. I think I'm getting better at it.

Good luck in the tournament, guys!

Steroyd

Freethought is next week, but erm... thanks. :S

How do you snipe people and how many snipe kills do you average a round?

OMG 3 hours left.

ohnoes.gif

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
How do you snipe people and how many snipe kills do you average a round?

I couldn't possibly figure an average at this point, I think in a really good round I can get upwards of 10-15, a really bad round, none. :X

As for how I snipe people, it depends on whether they're moving or standing still.

If they're moving, I put the crosshairs ahead of where they're going, and swear when they suddenly change direction. Then I put the crosshairs ahead of where they're going, and pull the trigger when they're just about on the dot, and swear because I still missed. Repeat until they run out of view, I run out of bullets, or some other asshole kills him first. Once in a while he might run into my bullet. :p

If they're standing still, I carefully use small motions on the aim stick to perfectly line up on the center of his body, then swear when he suddenly starts running. On the next guy who is standing still, I'll aim carefully again, fire, and swear when I miss him because it turns out I was just slightly off center and now he knows there's a sniper aiming at him and he runs away. Once in a while I'll manage to tag someone who must be taking a bathroom break or something. :p

Steroyd

ah sounds like me then, I put the sensitivity up to 100% and....SHIT! My sensitivity is at 100% I'm going to get pwned in the Deathmatch if I don't change it back!!!

Of all the bullshit times to get a network error. >:|

Steroyd

****ing network errors :mad: the server didn't show up and when it did it was 10 minutes into the match I had no chance.

Worse part of it all I didn't enjoy myself and have fun. :mad:

I'm blowing of steam in some SCE servers.

Top Bottom