• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Oh dear god.

Got a friends request from a guy named "pure_perfection":

hi played u on warhawk earlier so fort i wuld add ya kk

YOUR ENGLISH IS NOT PERFECT!

Steroyd

You people suck. :mad:

Here's me expecting to purge a good chunk of the clan, but most of you still play very recently, I barely ever see half of you.

Sent Methane an invite btw as well as everyone else on the pending list.

methane47

Steroyd said:
You people suck. :mad:

Here's me expecting to purge a good chunk of the clan, but most of you still play very recently, I barely ever see half of you.

Sent Methane an invite btw as well as everyone else on the pending list.

thanks for the invite.. i just accepted

mintylurb said:
Uhoh, sabi is not going to be pleased. ;d

Sheeit!

Wasabi and folks are my peoples, but they're in different time zones and I rarely get the chance to play with them. :p

I'm tired of playing with random shit heads.

Like last night, some bitch was whining about mines in our base.

MINES?!

WHAT ARE GRENADES AND PISTOLS FOR?! THROW YOUR USELESS CORPSE ON THEM! LESS WHINING, MORE F@CKING SHOOTING, DIRTBAG! RESPAWN AND DO IT AGAIN!

Ugh. . .

wowfactor said:
I think this clan is dead. I've never seen anyone playing for a while.

Son of a bitch.

So how many operational GAF clans remain?

Sea Manky said:
Oh dear god.

Got a friends request from a guy named "pure_perfection":

hi played u on warhawk earlier so fort i wuld add ya kk

YOUR ENGLISH IS NOT PERFECT!

Be thankful you at least get some message indicating who in the hell they are.

I've rejected so many Cockwad List invites because I don't know who these numbskulls are. MESSAGE, OR NO 2 U! >:|

mintylurb

Argh. nothing like playing with base campers in death match and zone games..It's like I'm stuck with them at least 70% of the times. ;<

We're having WARHAWK for Thanksgiving dinner, you lilly livered land lubber! :D

Oh man, stayed up waaaaaay too late playing this last night. That's the reason I went cold turkey on the game. Poor self control.

One more match.

One more match.

One more match.

One more match.

One more match.

:lol

Are there maps online with the control points / zones numbered? When people say X is under attack - I have no clue where to head. Assuming the team I'm playing on is even attempting to coordinate like that. :p

User 406

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Are there maps online with the control points / zones numbered? When people say X is under attack - I have no clue where to head. Assuming the team I'm playing on is even attempting to coordinate like that. :p

The bases are typically numbered from top to bottom, left to right. So the top left non-home base is 1, the next one to the right is 2, and so on. Archipelago is an exception to this rule, where 1 and 2 and 6 and 7 are reversed, I'm guessing because they're supposedly at different latitudes, even though they look like they're even. :/

At any rate, there's a bunch of maps here, but they're kind of incomplete. But at least the bases are numbered. Once you get a general idea of where the numbered bases are, the barely legible numbers on the map are easier to key off of. :p

God damn, I've only got 77 more sniper kills left for the warhawk badge. :X

Steroyd

Oh it feels good to piss off people when you sniper them.

My accuracy has improved quite a bit, still think there should be a 3rd zoom.

Where the heck do you hide in The Badlands Sea Manky? :O

User 406

Banned
There's a mesa with a groove on the top of it overlooking the main base, right next to a swarm missile powerup. You get an excellent view of the main base, and you can also completely cover the base in front of it.

I don't really "hide" per se, because I don't give a rat's ass if they come and kill me, since I'll just respawn and either get my old pack or grab new pickups and get right back to it. The nice thing about the badlands is there's a TON of sniper/binoculars available, so getting killed and losing them isn't a big deal. I've been racking up a lot of snipes in that spot.

As for accuracy, I'm getting better, but I imagine not having an HDTV is probably holding me back a bit. Sometimes I get sniped from so far away the dude is just a damn pixel, dunno how these guys do it. :p

mintylurb

I should start learning how to snipe as well. I have only been using warhawks for weeks now. ;o
Sea Manky said:
As for accuracy, I'm getting better, but I imagine not having an HDTV is probably holding me back a bit.
What happened to your HDTV?

rc213

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I sniped Robot_Manky today!!! My life is complete!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Great games there guys, Too bad I kept getting shoved on the suck team. I still managed to stay in the Top 10 though. =p

User 406

Banned
rc213 said:
Great games there guys, Too bad I kept getting shoved on the suck team. I still managed to stay in the Top 10 though. =p

Yeah, some really fun ones, I got a lot of good snipes in. :D

minty, I never had an HDTV.

Edit: Woohoo! I've got 1001 sniper rifle kills! Now I just need to get 8 in a round and I've got the badge. :D I'll still need to scum turrets and binoculars for a while though.

Steroyd

Holy crap Robot_Manky has built in zoom-o vision.

How the shit can you see the numbers on the map, I can't see them for shit on my SDTV. :O

User 406

Banned
Woohoo, Sniper Warhawk badge! :D

Tried doing some turret camping after that but it's really hard when your team sucks and there's four very good pilots on the enemy team. :X

The pendulum of Rock & Suck is swinging hard today.

Having to quit games because the randomization sticks you on a team that consistently takes it in the ass kind of sucks; but it helps keep things fresh. :p

Trevelyan

Banned
Pardon my ignorance, but is there any way to report people? Just had a match where 2 people from the same clan glitched tanks in the Badlands and literally made it impossible for us to do anything. Fucking assholes.

User 406

Banned
w00t, picked up a couple sixaxis controllers for $20 a pop with amazon's black friday sale. If you've worn yours out with Warhawk (carlos), check it out! Gotta sleep now. :X

Epix

WARHAWK EXPANSION PACK SOON COME!
23 Nov

Just got a press release from Sony announcing the forthcoming expansion pack for Warhawk which is going by the name ‘Operation: Omega Dawn’. Genius. There’s a brand new map and a new aircraft, the KT-424 Combat Dropship, with the operation being set at night to add to the tension.

Hit the jump for the official press release. Exact release date to follow.

New Warhawk™ downloadable pack coming to PLAYSTATION®Network this December

Announcing Operation: Omega Dawn
Get a brand new map and a new aircraft: the awesome KT-424 Combat Dropship. All this in one download from PLAYSTATION®Network

The battle began this August when Warhawk™ went online on PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN). Since then, the fighting has spanned the globe as PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) gamers of all nationalities battle for supremacy in this world of multiplayer military confrontation. Whether you’re fending for yourself or enlisting in a team of Eucadian or Chernovan forces to wage war on foot, at the controls of a tank or from the cockpit of the fearsome Warhawk, there’s non-stop action ahead in Warhawk – and it’s about to get even better with the PSN release of Operation: Omega Dawn, the first downloadable Warhawk expansion pack exclusively available from PLAYSTATION®Store. Operation: Omega Dawn delivers a new gameplay experience that expands the title’s strategic gameplay elements by offering a new world to explore and introducing a unique aircraft to the Warhawk universe: the awesome KT-424 Combat Dropship.

With Operation: Omega Dawn, the war between the Eucadians and the Chernovans forces continues as the two countries fight to control the high-tech facilities of a critical new battlefield – the Omega Factory. The battle takes place in an entirely new world - an industrial night-time setting where players will fight through five new layouts of advanced building complexes and huge industrial towers. The new map supports all existing game modes – including Team Deathmatch, Zone Mode and Capture the Flag – and is the largest combat zone to date for Warhawk!

But that’s not all; no new battlefield would be complete without a new piece of kit, and Operation: Omega Dawn comes complete with a serious toy which will enhance the already intense Warhawk experience: the KT-424 Combat Dropship. You’ll activate the vehicle once you gain control of one of the many weapons factories on the world; once you have it, you’re in charge of an advanced aircraft capable of carrying seven soldiers and a ground vehicle at once. The KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon. You’ll have loads of opportunity to take full advantage of the new KT-424 Combat Dropship because the new world is full of vertical gameplay which integrates ship decks, raised platforms, and factory rooftops accessible only by airborne deployment.

Are you ready for Operation: Omega Dawn? Only the fiercest, most visionary and most disciplined teams of soldiers can hope to carry the day. We’ll see you there – locked and loaded - on PSN this December.

Operation: Omega Dawn pack features:

Set at night for added impact and tension, the Operation: Omega Dawn pack for Warhawk™ features an enhanced level of teamwork, tactics and coordinated aerial assaults with the new KT-424 Combat Dropship.

* Omega Factory battlefield includes 5 new map layouts featuring advanced building complexes and huge industrial towers.
* KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon.
* The 5 large layouts from the original battlefields have been modified to include the KT-424 Combat Dropship.
* All this in one single download from PLAYSTATION Network this December

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=742

The Jer

Sea Manky said:
w00t, picked up a couple sixaxis controllers for $20 a pop with amazon's black friday sale. If you've worn yours out with Warhawk (carlos), check it out! Gotta sleep now. :X
they look $40 to me.

?

The Jer

arg!

I really want the option to switch accelleration and brake, with the warhawk, to X and square, instead of the darn triggers!!

Why don't I have this option!

mintylurb

The Jer said:
arg!

I really want the option to switch accelleration and brake, with the warhawk, to X and square, instead of the darn triggers!!

Why don't I have this option!
Yeah, but what warhawk really needs is..female characters!!

User 406

Banned
Hahaha, man, I pissed off some guy really bad today, in between games he was telling me to kiss his ass and told me he was going to do nothing but hunt me down and waste me over and over. I couldn't tell who it was though, since nobody in particular was killing me more than anyone else after that. :p

A bit over 40 kills left for my Binoculars Warhawk badge, which will be the last weapon badge so then I can get Munitions Warhawk too. And I've got a bit over 300 points left before I hit Major. :D

I wonder if the new dropship will have a badge? XD

Grayman

I have a q since i don't play much and no one is on in gaf when i do

What Sony server type has the best game / smartest dumbasses?

Grayman

Well 8 player ctf has people talking, but they talk too damn much.

Was fun for a few games until I accidentally grenaded the flag carrier.

I think i really hate ground combat at close range.

User 406

Banned
Oh yeah, got Binoculars Warhawk, Munitions Warhawk, and a promotion to Major! :D

Just 300 more air to air kills for Distinguished Air Combat!

mintylurb said:
Yeah, but what warhawk really needs is..female characters!!

There are no kitchens in Warhawk!

Man, binged on Warhawk again. Started playing around 10PM, and stayed up until 10AM. :(

With shitty teams of course, but at least there were some good skirmishes trying to control bases.:D

mintylurb

There are no kitchens in Warhawk!

Man, binged on Warhawk again. Started playing around 10PM, and stayed up until 10AM. :(

With shitty teams of course, but at least there were some good skirmishes trying to control bases.:D
I hear those new drop ships are supposed to come equipped with kitchens!

Last night was fun.

Today, not so much.

WTF was my team doing?

Why am I the only motherf@cker going after Sea Manky's ass who's getting away with the flag? Don't any of these fuckers have mics? Don't they realize the game is CTF not Deathmatch?!

Meanwhile the Red Team is working together to suppress any of the Blue Team. Awesome.

I had to quit on a dogfight server, when I ran into one of my dickhead team mates camping in an alcove in a Warhawk in the way of a health pick-up I needed. >:|

I was going into teamkill assholes mode.

Better off leaving.

carlos

Sea Manky said:

Dang, that was a good sale; too bad I was away from the pc/normal life and missed all the deals...

Thanks for the tip anyway... I've kinda gotten used to the sixaxis crapping out at the worst possible times

So, I'll start seeing ya'll tomorrow on a regular basis; I kinda went through the upcoming releases and there really isn't much I'm interested in (rentals mostly)

mintylurb

Last night was fun.

Today, not so much.

WTF was my team doing?

Why am I the only motherf@cker going after Sea Manky's ass who's getting away with the flag? Don't any of these fuckers have mics? Don't they realize the game is CTF not Deathmatch?!
-snip-
I was going into teamkill assholes mode.

Better off leaving.
I wanted to play today but man after playing for like 3 hours last night, I just couldn't ;<

Top Bottom