• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

mintylurb said:
I wanted to play today but man after playing for like 3 hours last night, I just couldn't ;<

Are you sure it was that, and not all the gladiator movie talk? XD

I was surprised you stayed on. Over this weekend I logged at least another 14 hours on the game. :X

Also got to play some online split screen with friends. Which is fun, but kind of sucks since you're not allowed on rank servers and Sony doesn't have any unranked servers to play on. :(

carlos

Ah, good old warhawk....I had forgotten how it feels to play 3 hours and have it record 17 minutes :(

And it turns that the 4x4 bandit was keeping me from ranking up, when I'm sure I've gotten it on at least 10 occasions. I had to get it again today 6 times on 6 different ranked servers until it finally registered that last time o_O

Oh and yay for add on pack (sea manky needs something else to do ;)
They should give it free to early adopters who've had to put up with all the bugs, but at least make it no more than 3-5 dollars.

User 406

Banned
Haha, I've been driving around like a dolt all day and my machine locked up. Good thing too, since I overshot the number of 4x4 kills I need for the Warhawk badge. XD

Now I just need to do the 15 in a round, probably do that this evening in a DM server.

User 406

Banned
Oh yeah, Warhawk 4x4 badge baby!

Warhawk Air to Surface is the very last one. Still need almost 2000 air to vehicle kills for that. Jeeps, tanks, and turrets, tremble in fear! Or just jump out like you little bastards always do. >:|

sd3127

Hey GAF, any word on whats happening with the clan?

PSN: SaladDodger27, would like to play with some of you, although I' have to say I'm not anywhere near an elite level. have a mic though, getting tired of playing with damn idiots who sit around and defend the whole time :lol

Sigh, I missed the DM tourney. I had a bit of an unplanned session and at the time of the match I was sitting drunk (among other things) at a friends playing, of all things, Halo 3. Just boot me out of the clan Steroyd, I feel dirty.

Anyway, I blew my Uncharted money on drink so I'm planning to get back on the Warhawk wagon, can't wait for the booster pack, dropships ftw.

Steroyd

You have to not play for over a month to become a candidate of getting booted out of the clan.

Mind you at this rate I'll become a candidate myself. :(
Right now I'm in an overall gaming slump, there is no one game I'm coherantly playing, I play Pro Evo for a match, look at my XMB, try out Home, home update takes frikken ages, get pissed off look at my XMB some more, try Locoroco correcocho smile try out Ratchet and clank grow a level of a weapon, stare at my XMB some more...

Man November sucks this year. :/

Steroyd

Sent you an invite evading dodgy salad person.

err... can someone check if the GAF clan is still there I got a message saying I have been removed or the clan has disbanded. o_O

Hopefully that was just a glitch.

User 406

Banned
Nice to see freethought back in the game. Racked up about 60 or so air-to-vehicle kills this morning, would have been a lot more if the little bastards didn't keep hopping out before they exploded. >:|

This will take a while. :p

sd3127

Steroyd said:
Sent you an invite evading dodgy salad person.

err... can someone check if the GAF clan is still there I got a message saying I have been removed or the clan has disbanded. o_O

Hopefully that was just a glitch.
Thanks, got the invite today. I think the GAF tag by my name gives me confidence or something, I seemed to play really well today. I love this game:D

B-Ri

i was just thinking about this today,

would you guys buy Warhawk Episodic content?

I was thinking about that the other day, and i would totally bite on this. sony throw money this way instead of that rat race game :x

I'm sure this has been covered and re-covered in the preceding 200 pages BUT I'm late to the HDTV party and have a question. What's up with the freaking black bars on the sides? Is this permanent or can I somehow change it using magic?

The Jer

B-Ri said:
i was just thinking about this today,

would you guys buy Warhawk Episodic content?

I was thinking about that the other day, and i would totally bite on this. sony throw money this way instead of that rat race game :x

hhmmm...

SP episodic content. ya, i'd probably do that. depending on how much it'd cost, more than anything.

I wasn't interested in the SP aspect of this game at first to be honest. But, after playing the game, I've gotten kind of curious and I'd kind of like a SP aspect to the game. I think it could be really cool.

We'd have tons of people ranting and raving about micro-transactions, though. With the MP selling for $40 and then episodic content on top of that. People would complain that $60 for one game would be cheaper. Heck, they'd complain even if the TOTAL price of everything ended up being $60.

But, I'd be down with it.

And I'm not buying the new map. Honestly, I have no desire for a new map at this point.

The Jer

notjackbauer said:
I'm sure this has been covered and re-covered in the preceding 200 pages BUT I'm late to the HDTV party and have a question. What's up with the freaking black bars on the sides? Is this permanent or can I somehow change it using magic?

There is a magic that changes it. Go to the options menu.

You can change each edge of the screen individually. At "0" for each side fills the screen.

A lot of games do this (and have the option to change it). I think it is done to preserve a one-to-one pixel mapping (?). Alot of sets display with 762 vertical pixels, and not 720 vertical pixels. I think it just displays 720 vertical pixels one-eo-one. I have no idea, I don't know alot about these types of things. But if that were the case. The image quality might be slightly better with the black bars there. I can't tell a difference; I like the image to be bigger and fill the screen, so I get rid of the black bars.

Trevelyan

Banned
When I logged on yesterday, I think I was at 66 hours..Can't remember how many minutes though. I'd have to say I've easily gotten my moneys worth :D

Steroyd said:
Sea_Mankey well.... I'd be surprised if he isn't at 6 figures by now.

Maybe you guys can now understand my whole Manky Makes Love to his Playstation cracks. This is the guy that's dumped hundreds of hours in various games throughout Playstation history, he's easily at 200+ hours by now no doubt. :lol

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
Maybe you guys can now understand my whole Manky Makes Love to his Playstation cracks. This is the guy that's dumped hundreds of hours in various games throughout Playstation history, he's easily at 200+ hours by now no doubt. :lol
Make that 400+ hours.

Steroyd

I pour hundreds of hours into various games, hell I've reached 100 hours total in Pro Evo already.

Never known anyone to play 1 game exclusively and consisantly for so long.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:

You should have seen me back in college. I did almost NOTHING but play netrek for a year. When I wasn't playing, I was writing borg clients for it. :p

h3ro

Sea Manky said:
You should have seen me back in college. I did almost NOTHING but play netrek for a year. When I wasn't playing, I was writing borg clients for it. :p

Yeah man, your always on playing Warhawk... I feel I'm so behind the curve in Warhawk that I've just stuck with Ratchet... That'll change as soon as the new update comes out...

Hey guys, I just got the clan invite about a week ago but I haven't been able to get on due to school work and my PS3 not being at the dorm :/

I'll try and get on this weekend though!

Steroyd said:
I pour hundreds of hours into various games, hell I've reached 100 hours total in Pro Evo already.

15 years ago, yeah.

Today?

They just don't make games like they used to.

Which is part of the reason Warhawk has such staying power for me. No bullshit story to interfere with my gaming. No stupid cut scenes. No interference between hitting start and blowing stuff up. :D

carlos

180+hours here, it's already my most played game, surpassing advance wars ds...

On a side note, yesterday was the first time I played that I didn't see sea manky online

User 406

Banned
carlos said:
180+hours here, it's already my most played game, surpassing advance wars ds...

On a side note, yesterday was the first time I played that I didn't see sea manky online

I played for a couple hours in the morning when my son was napping, the rest of the day I was too busy and the machine was actually turned off. Keep in mind that just because it says "Warhawk" under my name, it doesn't mean I'm actually playing. I typically leave it on during the day so when I get some free time I can just jump in a game without sitting through those damn intro screens.

Tonight I finally got to try out splitscreen with a friend, man, the curtailment of peripheral vision was giving me all kinds of problems. :X Also annoyed by the fact the map didn't show vehicles. Good fun anyway. :D

spwolf

Sea Manky said:

2 years of Q3A, 2 years of SG, 1 year of RTCW, 1 year of BF1942, ... those were fun years.

Sea Manky said:
Tonight I finally got to try out splitscreen with a friend, man, the curtailment of peripheral vision was giving me all kinds of problems. :X Also annoyed by the fact the map didn't show vehicles. Good fun anyway. :D

Yeah, I've been playing some splitscreen lately and it feels like you're wearing blinkers.

I'm floating around 130+ hours, only San Andreas and FFVII have consumed as much of my time.

edit: Got owned by CSSer yesterday, excellent use of the stealth. Every time I got in the air you were on my tail straight out of nowhere. Man, the air was blue on my end, let me tell you.

fake edit: What's up with all of the empty servers? Is it a bug, or is this CoD4 exacting its terrible toll?

Well I decided to go for my stupid 4x4 badge since I want my cool customization shit back.

Played three games tonight.

No luck with vehicular homicide.

The straw that broke this camel's back was when I drove over a Eucadian, very deliberately; and I ramped off his fucking head, pop up in the air, and then the prick proceeds to flamethrow me.

WTF IS THIS SHIT?!

I RAN YOU OVER! >:|

carlos

WTF IS THIS SHIT?!

I RAN YOU OVER! >:|

I feel your pain; running over people seems very dependant on your lag as well as the lag of the person you ran over.

What you described has happened to me several times, extremely infuriating since you know you ran him over, your freaking jeep tumbles over from impact, yet he is unharmed and flamethrowing your ass >:/
other times the jeep just stops and gets stuck with him underneath....

In my case I feel it works best when when he's coming from the side and you go ride to where's he's going to be; you run over him technically with the backside of the jeep only.

Same thing applies to TOW missles and the like; aim to where the person will be in a half a second, don't drop it on top of him.

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
Try CTF for the 4x4 badge, running over defense while taking flags ftw :lol

That happened to my TEAM once, we were saving the flag in 2 groups and they came in with a co-ordinated 4x4 attacks, we wus all like WHAT THE SHIT!!

Funniest moment of me being pwned ever. :lol

User 406

Banned
Speaking of the 4x4 gun, I had an awesome shot with it in a game this morning. I had the flag in the enemy base in Island Outpost, and a friendly jeep drives up to pick me up. As we're taking off, they nail us with a tank shot and we're down to a sliver of health with angry enemies with machine guns converging on us.

So my driver cuts a sharp left at the missile turret and heads for that vehicle health icon at the crossroads in front of the base. I notice that there is a mine right in front of it, but the driver isn't slowing down. So I start shooting at it with the machine gun, and manage to blow it up just before we get into its range. We get repaired and make it all the way back to score. :D

DireStr8s

It's a shame the game doesn't dole out badges for desperate effort. I'm stuck in a bad dream where the more I play, the worse I get. I'm not giving up though, I have a strong will to fail. Hand me a tissue, please.

User 406

Banned
Getting 1000 kills for whatever new weapon the dropship has is going to be murder with everyone trying to monopolize it or shoot it down. :p

Steroyd

Okay guys I need help, more people want to join our awesome clan and I've chopped everyone that has a 10 in the month they last played. :S

Clan invites is still buggered, I haven't counted how many are in the clan, because I'm getting inconsistancy sometimes the clan list shows 2 people hit refresh and I get everyone in the clan list twice.

Ugh /(~_~)\

User 406

Banned
I count 52 members.

Just had a really good streak of air to vehicle kills against some germans, check my stats and I still have 1460 to go. Woo. :/

nickslicl said:
It's a shame the game doesn't dole out badges for desperate effort. I'm stuck in a bad dream where the more I play, the worse I get. I'm not giving up though, I have a strong will to fail. Hand me a tissue, please.

Actually there's a badge for that.

I earned it. :p

Something like "Such-and-such Sacrifice" or something. :lol

Top Bottom