• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Anyone happen to download the soundtrack from iTunes? Is the song that plays on the XMB splash screen for Warhawk in the soundtrack? If so, which song is it? Thanks.

Steroyd

Ugh my Internet crapped out for a couple of hours. >_<

DANGER LIST

Kaching
Musashi2036
lunluqq
Beamber
Tigerhell
Jtrizzy
Blackgoku
GoncaloCastro
Angelcage
Mistakilla
REDEMPTOR
SgtSpud
GAZERCK (huh? o_O)

I've scanned the clan list and I made a list of people who haven't played for weeks and I'll wield the axe on if need be, personally I don't think it's fair because you could genuinely not play for a while or you play a lot of non-ranked games (where my selection system is flawed because I'm relying on these people to play ranked matches), but I've got to be ruthless if other people want to join and they play more often and recently.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It's the best you can do, Steroyd. I've had to do the same with RFOM clan at times. I'll be getting on and playing more in the coming weeks because I don't personally want to get knocked from the clan.

TTOB, soundtrack has been on iTunes since late October, but I was surprised to see it there too because I don't think it was ever announced. It's interesting, because it looks like a lot of tracks from what would have been the single player game, going by the track titles...

Steroyd

Yeah the Resistance clan. :(

The clan limit is supposed to be 64, but the invites stop at 52. :/ Wish they'd fix it for certain or increase it with the next patch.

Steroyd said:

DANGER LIST

Kaching
Musashi2036
lunluqq
Beamber
Tigerhell
Jtrizzy
Blackgoku
GoncaloCastro
Angelcage
Mistakilla
REDEMPTOR
SgtSpud
GAZERCK (huh? o_O)

I've scanned the clan list and I made a list of people who haven't played for weeks and I'll wield the axe on if need be, personally I don't think it's fair because you could genuinely not play for a while or you play a lot of non-ranked games (where my selection system is flawed because I'm relying on these people to play ranked matches), but I've got to be ruthless if other people want to join and they play more often and recently.

I'll resume playing Warhawk today!! I've just been busy with COD4.

h3ro

The Take Out Bandit said:
Why do you think he had a kid? :lol

:lol :lol :lol

All I ever see in my PSN friend list is that giant Green blob icon with warhawk written under it... its the one constant thing with my list...

That and steroyd complaining about some European stuff I don't understand. :p

Steroyd

Super Puzzle Fighter just makes me irate November is long gone WTF!?

I've moved onto Snakeball for the December month. :mad:

Speaking of December I'm going to hate December, the expansion will come out, more people are now aware of our converged Warhawk clan which means I'm going to make people cry unless they fix the glitch or increase the limit.

Damn you Incognito. >:|

How do I get to the blog? I've been meaning to bitch in there but I can't find it :( this clan issue needs to be sorted out.

Nevermind Google knows everything.

Steroyd

Here's a map of the new map. :)

2075633193_767bc2a448.jpg

I can already see that by gaining the points most southern and the point most northern, we can use the paths to sneak behind the enemy base, but we must not under-estimate the northeast and south west areas given that they can be a vantage point against dropships heading towards the main base.

When Patch 1.2 gets released we can start organising strategies and more co-ordination, like a real clan from now on. :D

So excited.

Steroyd said:
When Patch 1.2 gets released we can start organising strategies and more co-ordination, like a real clan from now on. :D

So excited.

I'm looking forward to that, all the Gaffers playing one one team! It's gonna be awesome!

Epix

Steroyd: Am I still in the clan? I plan on getting the expansion and participating in clan battles. Uncharted's monopolizing me at the moment.

Steroyd

I think you're still in, I'm currently discriminating against anyone who's date last played Warhawk is in the single digits of November or low 10's, it's pretty tight. :S

Of course if they fix the clan invites bug, I wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

You're still in Epix, last played the 16th.

Guled

Steroyd said:
I think you're still in, I'm currently discriminating against anyone who's date last played Warhawk is in the single digits of November or low 10's, it's pretty tight. :S

Of course if they fix the clan invites bug, I wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

You're still in Epix, last played the 16th.
Is it still possible to join the clan?

Steroyd

Right now the invite bug means the clan is buggy full for now, but if you tell me your PSN ID I'll put you on the waiting list and you'll be added ASAP if:

a) Someone hasn't played for a month.
b)The clan glitch buggers up and allows me to add 1 extra person.
c)Incog fix the invite bug or increase the clan limit.

User 406

Banned
Some good TDM games there with the GAF crew today, doubly fun since I didn't get the chance to play yesterday. Still got way too many air-to-vehicle kills to get. :p

Steroyd

I had to bail from the TDM matches, I sucked badly. ;_;

Needed CTF matches to get back in the groove, I only stopped playing for 4 days for pete's sake. :mad:

User 406

Banned
Yeah, a lot of gaffers showed up for those, good stuff all around. Especially glad freethought switched to our team, I just knew I wasn't going to get any good vehicle hunting in with him in the air. XD

Guled

Steroyd said:
Right now the invite bug means the clan is buggy full for now, but if you tell me your PSN ID I'll put you on the waiting list and you'll be added ASAP if:

a) Someone hasn't played for a month.
b)The clan glitch buggers up and allows me to add 1 extra person.
c)Incog fix the invite bug or increase the clan limit.
Alright, my PSN is Nytekrawla. Thanks in advance

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
started playing this game again....god i love it :D

Been doing alot of CTF lately....havnt played many CTF games since tribes lol

mintylurb said:
Nobody likes a quitter!

Who cares about nobody? :lol

Seriously, when I'm the only person attacking the tank that's butt-fucking our single zone while everybody else is scumming power-ups and dying - fuck it.

Just fuck it.

TEAMWORK! >:|

methane47

Who cares about nobody? :lol

Seriously, when I'm the only person attacking the tank that's butt-fucking our single zone while everybody else is scumming power-ups and dying - fuck it.

Just fuck it.

TEAMWORK! >:|

Yup i definitely understand...

I was there like COME ON TAKE FRICKING ZONE ONE!! I think you were screaming that as well..

But NOooooo ... i would be at the flag and kill like 5 or 6 baddies.. and I can see my teammates running around OUTSIDE the base.. I'm like WTF ... HELP YOU FRICKIN DOUCHEBAGS!!

User 406

Banned
There must be a full moon or something. >:|

One CTF game, I spend half the game as the only fucking person taking bases, while telling my team over the mic that we need them or we're doomed. Happily, as soon as the other team managed to get all the bases, I was able to switch to their side. Fuck those camping shitheads.

Several times today I accidentally got in a warhawk that someone else got to first. EACH AND EVERY GOD DAMN TIME THEY FLEW AROUND AIMLESSLY UNTIL SOMEONE GUNNED US DOWN.

Then I was in a TDM match and my team once again got confined to the main base because they were retards. A warhawk spawns, so I head for it. TWO of my teammates chase me SHOOTING ME with their fucking assault rifles. I get in the plane, wheel around and strafe their punk asses, then quit the game. God DAMN it.

Not to mention the cunt last night who wanted a ride in my warhawk so he threw a FUCKING GRENADE AT ME. NO I WILL NOT CARRY YOU WHEN YOU TOSS EXPLOSIVES AT MY HEAD.

Yeah, unfortunately for some folks - every game is still deathmatch! :lol

They should do some stat filtering, where-in if you only have X amount of flag captures / recoveries or X amount of zone captures; you will be restricted from entering higher level Zones and CTF games.

Keep these fucking DM asshats out of my Zones / CTF games. >:|

Oh and I couldn't scream anything because I needed to quit and re-associate my headset with my PS3. :lol

Which stinks because when anybody else would speak, it would come through in some creepy ass demonic voice through my stereo. Or maybe that was really Satan . . . :p

This might be a stupid question for you guys, but you can do that game sharing thing with this game right?

I've never tried it before, but my friend and I are both interested in this game but aren't keen on spending $40-60 on it during this holiday season. We could effectively get the game for $20 each by game sharing, right?

edit: Also, what's the cheapest a decent Bluetooth headset goes for?

I really wish they had a demo for a game they want me to plunk down a nonresellable $40. Is it like Crimson Skies at all?

Sea Manky said:
There must be a full moon or something. >:|

One CTF game, I spend half the game as the only fucking person taking bases, while telling my team over the mic that we need them or we're doomed. Happily, as soon as the other team managed to get all the bases, I was able to switch to their side. Fuck those camping shitheads.

Several times today I accidentally got in a warhawk that someone else got to first. EACH AND EVERY GOD DAMN TIME THEY FLEW AROUND AIMLESSLY UNTIL SOMEONE GUNNED US DOWN.

Then I was in a TDM match and my team once again got confined to the main base because they were retards. A warhawk spawns, so I head for it. TWO of my teammates chase me SHOOTING ME with their fucking assault rifles. I get in the plane, wheel around and strafe their punk asses, then quit the game. God DAMN it.

Not to mention the cunt last night who wanted a ride in my warhawk so he threw a FUCKING GRENADE AT ME. NO I WILL NOT CARRY YOU WHEN YOU TOSS EXPLOSIVES AT MY HEAD.

err..

Is this common?

carlos

#1)No, no gamesharing with this one

That was actually my biggest reason for not buying the game on the first day

My holdout lasted a week; since then, I haven't regretted the decision to purchase Warhawk.

#2) you can get a jabra headset (the same kind that comes with the game or one of the previous versions) for 5-20 bucs if you're thrifty and look for rebates and such from compusa or best buy ( I got it for 5 bucks at the former, after rebates); on ebay they go from $20-30 mostly.

#3) I'd say faster paced than crimson skies, with obviously more variety since there is ground combat. You can stick to the skies if you want, but prepare for some punishment while you learn the ropes (and turret positions). I definitely enjoy it more than crimson skies, but that is my very personal opinion.

#4)common? no, not really, but usually you have to go into some rooms and play for a couple minutes to see if you're comfortable with them....usually takes me 2-3 rooms until I find the good one where I stay playing for hours (or if you're in the clan, find someone from GAF and stay in that room waiting for others to go there as well)

rc213

AdmiralViscen said:
This might be a stupid question for you guys, but you can do that game sharing thing with this game right?

I've never tried it before, but my friend and I are both interested in this game but aren't keen on spending $40-60 on it during this holiday season. We could effectively get the game for $20 each by game sharing, right?

edit: Also, what's the cheapest a decent Bluetooth headset goes for?

I really wish they had a demo for a game they want me to plunk down a nonresellable $40. Is it like Crimson Skies at all?

err..

Is this common?

Not too common lately, I'm usually good at writing down the TK'ers/Cheaters screenname to report them. In a 3-4 hour sitdown I will encounter a TK'er maybe once. Usually when I get stuck on the suck team and I usually just go wild on my own. Pisses the other team off even more when I manage to get the top spot even though I was with the wankers. :lol

Steroyd

Jeebus I had a terrible game, I died 25 times and killed 9, I've never played that poorly even when I was a n00b.

I'm going to be taking a lesser role in matches for a while till I get my groove back.

Sorry man, in that second to last game some douche named Goku started in with the team killing and I was having none of that.

I have to remember to report TK players, and not garrote them.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I had some really good matches last night. Was only doing CTF for a few hours and the other team never was able to get our flag to their flag once (one time they had our flag at their base but I had their flag at ours :lol )

KGKK

Banned
Finally started playing the game again last night. Played some unranked matches and still have my mad skillz yo. Surprised I'm still part of the GAFn clan since I have been inactive for months. Are there still GAF servers up and running to play with fellow neoers?

Steroyd said:

DANGER LIST

Kaching
Musashi2036
lunluqq
Beamber
Tigerhell
Jtrizzy
Blackgoku
GoncaloCastro
Angelcage
Mistakilla
REDEMPTOR
SgtSpud
GAZERCK (huh? o_O)

Yeah, that's me. It took me a while to get into the clan and I've been busy these past couple of weekends, but I finally got on this past saturday. Some other GAF guys kicked my ass...I need to get back into shape (if you guys don't kick me out...please no!) :)

Yeah, unfortunately for some folks - every game is still deathmatch! :lol

They should do some stat filtering, where-in if you only have X amount of flag captures / recoveries or X amount of zone captures; you will be restricted from entering higher level Zones and CTF games.

Keep these fucking DM asshats out of my Zones / CTF games. >:|

Oh and I couldn't scream anything because I needed to quit and re-associate my headset with my PS3. :lol

Which stinks because when anybody else would speak, it would come through in some creepy ass demonic voice through my stereo. Or maybe that was really Satan . . . :p
I'd be stuck in with the asshats who basecamp then. I suck at ctf but I'm better at dogfighting.

I just don't have the patience to grind out a flag capture when my team is busy hoarding weapons and staying at the base even when the flag is on its way to being captured.

_RT_

Sorry for not playing more ranked games peeps. I'll get back into the mix this week.
Is there anyplace I can check the Clan to see if I am still in?

Top Bottom