• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Arkaerial said:
Hey I'd ask to join the clan, but right now the only thing I would be good for is something like the court jester...you can all point and laugh at the fool.:D

As long as you play Warhawk regularly your good enough for the clan.

If you stop playing Warhawk for a month don't be surprised if you're booted off to make space for others.

Speaking of which...

Miguel

Anyone online? I'll be jumping on for the 2nd time in the past 2 months, so if you see a wild maniac flailing about with a knife, that's me :D

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
Wheeee!

Being on a bad team may suck, but joining a bad team and getting them to work as a good team is really rewarding. :D
Yeah I love that...and then I like swapping teams and whipping their ass just to show your authority and how much they need you! LOL

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Pet-peeve: I wish some people would learn to stop clustering mines closely together. If one goes off, they're all going to go. Space those things apart.

deepbrown

kaching said:
Pet-peeve: I wish some people would learn to stop clustering mines closely together. If one goes off, they're all going to go. Space those things apart.
Yep...also why do people put mines in the place they picked them up from when it's a large map!? Doesn't make any sense....THINK people.

Plus the only time to put mines closely together is if you expect a tank to be on the way...then again I always space them a bit wider than the width of tank - meaning a tank will blow up, but the mines will blow up independently of one another.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
kaching said:

Yeah, I especially love it when they drop them on your head...then you detonate one by accident and the other people that respawned near them die with you.

Sorry to the people I inadvertently killed last night with the grenade, rpg, tank, hit and run jeep, knife (yup tried to kill someone with a knife and I could only hit my team mate), and even took down a friendly with missile turret (damn enemy chaff). I can honestly say I really am hooked on this game.

Steroyd

kaching said:

I was pissed off at that to, then logically thinking that's mainly designed to take out tanks because tanks need 2 mines to take out.

User 406

Banned
If you're deliberately setting mines for a tank, put both mines directly on top of each other so they look like one mine. A tanker in a hurry might decide to take the hit if he thinks there's just one mine. >:D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't think laying 2 mines for tanks is worth it. One mine alone kills it most of the way, doesn't it? Doesn't take much more after that to take a tank down, if it wasn't already partially damaged to begin with.

deepbrown said:
Yep...also why do people put mines in the place they picked them up from when it's a large map!? Doesn't make any sense....THINK people.
It makes sense, in games where mines factor heavily into base/zone defense, to try to deter the other team from laying them in any way possible.

Steroyd

deepbrown said:

Everybody is a mine whore, mind you, the only time I do that is Destroyed Capital, Ecudia (32p map) and Archipelago at certain points where you can't see the mines.

Please please PLEASE let the new patch release today this week.

Whoa there cowboy, over-anxious much?

I'm completely obsessed with picking up mines, quietly landing a cloaked Warhawk into the enemy base, getting out and turning all the enemy vehicles into mined deathtraps. It's just so sleazy.

rc213

revolverjgw said:
I'm completely obsessed with picking up mines, quietly landing a cloaked Warhawk into the enemy base, getting out and turning all the enemy vehicles into mined deathtraps. It's just so sleazy.

Yup, So evil and delicious. Still doesn't top bringing the mines when there is a CTF standoff and just mining the fuck out of the enemy struggling to keep the flag. I love getting 5-6 kills per mine. =P

Steroyd

Good news: December 20th. :D

Sony has been in touch to say that Warhawk expansion pack Operation Omega Dawn will be released on PlayStation Network next Thursday, 20th December.

The pack will cost GBP 3.99. It's set to cost USD 7.99 in North America.

Omega Dawn brings with it five new night-time maps, good for all the usual game-types, and a KT-424 Combat Dropship which can transport seven soldiers as well as a vehicle and pilot.

The full Warhawk - released on PSN in August and on Blu-ray in September - is a multiplayer third-person shooter where you can use planes, tanks, jeeps and your feet to kill each other.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89241

Bad news: We have to wait a week. :(

ChryZ

Last weekend I played a CTF and the other team was just camping their flag. I got so fed up, that I just picked up cluster bombs, TOWs and nuked them to pieces. I took 5 lifes with every attack, after a few runs they switched to offense and deserted their flag. Our team won 3:0 and I finished with 30+ kills :lol

User 406

Banned
Just got a PM on the Playstation forums from AbandonAllHope, he asked me if our clan would be interested in some clan matches. Steroyd, I gave him your PSN tag. Any chance there are enough of us who could play simultaneously to fill out a game? :X

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I haven't yet played with more than one or two people from GAF U, but I'd definitely be game for a clan vs. clan match.

Steroyd

kaching said:
I haven't yet played with more than one or two people from GAF U, but I'd definitely be game for a clan vs. clan match.

We used to get a good turnout on weekends, but the whole team switching random team when a round is finished really took it's toll when games like COD4 came out.

Which looks to be sorted when patch 1.2 rolls out.

deepbrown

So the B3d clan kinda rocks. There aren't many of us. How do we organise a clan battle of sorts!?

Or can I play with/against your clan for market research? :p

User 406

Banned
We need some kind of schedule where people can put down when they can be available for clan matches and line things up.

I get the feeling this will be like herding cats. :X

User 406

Banned
Anyone have a problem where your controller won't connect either via bluetooth or USB and won't even flash the lights when you press the PS button? My newer two controllers just went dead, one of them completely, the other one flashes but won't connect. My beat up old controller worked fine. A little later, the one that seemed dead started working, but the third still won't connect? Is this wacky bluetooth shit? I was in the middle of a dogfight too. >:|

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Anyone have a problem where your controller won't connect either via bluetooth or USB and won't even flash the lights when you press the PS button? My newer two controllers just went dead, one of them completely, the other one flashes but won't connect. My beat up old controller worked fine. A little later, the one that seemed dead started working, but the third still won't connect? Is this wacky bluetooth shit? I was in the middle of a dogfight too. >:|
spanky, have you tried resetting your controllers? When my controller was acting up I pushed the reset button and voila! it was fixed, like magic.

Steroyd

Is anyone with a decent connection going to be available on Thursday?

Would be nice to test out the patch and the new map on that day.

Sea_Manky you dead? o_O

Dibbz

No where else to post this, but do you think we will eve see open mics in Warhawk? It's kinda of annoying going from CoD4 where people are constantly on mics to Warhawk where no one uses them.

It's a pain having to hold L3 of all buttons to talk. Something like circle to talk and L3 to crouch would have been fine. :/

As far as I can tell I have acheived what I need to but have never been awarded the badge. Is says I have at the end of the game but it never seems to save that one thing. I think the award or badge I need is Warhawk Recruiting. That might not be correct though.

Grayman

Well I don't play a lot anymore so I don't know if there are problems with stats not recording again. Some people did get their badges quite a few times though. You do have the point req to make the rank as well as the badge right?

You can check the requirements in the ranks page as well as checking your score and awards.

Yeah I do. All of my other stats are updating ok so I'm not sure what's going on. I must be missing something. I've logged over 25 hours and I demand a pay increase.

So when does Omega Dawn hit? I have no internet until at least thursday (I'm posting from a mates) and I really don't want to miss it! Anyway, if you don't see me that's why. I am jonesing for my Warhawk fix as well. I can't even log in for a split screen LAN game. :(

carlos

I saw the Manky on Friday or Saturday, but he was online only for a short time and I never got to find what server he was on; stupid clan page not updating :(

Maybe his controllers are still malfunctioning?
Or perhaps he's just saving his energy for the Omega Dawn pack...

User 406

Banned
Geez, everyone else drops out of sight for weeks but as soon as I skip a day or two it's panic time. :p

I had a low grade headache all weekend, so I was doing less intense things like working on the artwork for my next game, trying out some new recipes, and reading.

Oh, and I also got sucked into playing a lot of nethack. :X

Don't worry, I'm still hot for Omega Dawn, though I probably won't be able to play for long stretches for a while since my family is coming into town for the holidays. I'll still keep playing, just not at the same rate since I'll need to start devoting time to the new game. But if you guys organize a clan game and announce when it'll be, I'll be right there with you. :)

Steroyd

a...new...game?

Sea_Manky plays... "other" games? O_O

Hoping to meetup when the new map pack hits the store, don't forget to dl the 1.2 patch on Wednesday 10pm GMT.

Top Bottom