• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Nethack is hardly a "new game", I've been playing it for almost 20 years. :p

And I've only beaten it once. ;_;

Got a pretty good archaeologist character going right now, cleared out the Gnomish Mines and got down to my quest level, got Magicbane and three dogs and a cat as pets and they're doing a fine job of keeping the riff-raff off me. Oddly enough I haven't found a single scroll of identify yet.

Dibbz

Dibbz said:
No where else to post this, but do you think we will ever see open mics in Warhawk? It's kinda of annoying going from CoD4 where people are constantly on mics to Warhawk where no one uses them.

It's a pain having to hold L3 of all buttons to talk. Something like circle to talk and L3 to crouch would have been fine. :/
Anyone?

deepbrown

"Will the downloadable content be region coded?
More or less yes…it’s not based on hardware region code, but based on the region where you purchased the game Warhawk. USA, Europe, Japan, etc. "

Damn it! I have a US copy of Warhawk...how am I going to buy the update from the US!!!???

icechai

woooooooooooooooo almost there, 1.2 and Omega Dawn! Considering CTF is the mode I play the most, this will be realllllllly interesting to see the new ways people play (not to mention running around in vehicles and getting air lifted outta there with the flag!! Rawrrrrr)

Steroyd

Speaking of which anyone with a meaty connection want to make a Gaf server tomorrow? :)

I might test the patch 1.2 features and create a server myself today...if I remember.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Server up. Just jopin me from the clan members list. Bloody_Marcel here.

It's a 12p Zone in Omega Dawn map.

Ceb

I'm ready to get back into the Warhawk frenzy now that I have less things to worry about and now that the patch + Omega is out. Thanks Steroyd for not kicking me off the clan even though it's been a while.

It kinda sucks that you can't host Player Ranked Clan servers, only unranked or dedicated ones. Hopefully they'll change that.

Steroyd

Take that BITCH.

I took on a dropship on my own.

Warhawk > one manned dropship :D

A bit of help from the Gaf clan would be much appreciated.

I kept getting shot at while trying to figure out the new map!!! I finally found the land mines :)

I then attached two to a tank got on a dropship and grabbed the tank, I got two kills when I dropped the tank on two unsuspecting enemies!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
maybe i missed it somewhere, what are the red and green dots mean? im assuming expansion and no expansion? which is which though :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Had to go guys. Good game.

I'm setting up a dedicated clan server tho. Just check for Bloody Marcel server name. I've added old maps to the rotation so u see how dropship might change things.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Corran Horn said:
maybe i missed it somewhere, what are the red and green dots mean? im assuming expansion and no expansion? which is which though :p

Green = you got everything u need to play here
Yellow = you miss something, but you can play some
Red = lol you dont even have the game dude. get out of here.

(red also indicated servers you cannot enter due to your rank)

Corran Horn

The Take Out Bandit said:
I wish my bloody Dual Shock 3 would arrive already! I'm interested to see how Wowhawk is with shakey shakes.

IIRC the new patches adds teh shake, no?

ya it has rumble now, im almost tempted to turn it off since im so not use to it lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've just read on the official forum that you now get just 2 points for killing the flag carrier and returning the flag.

*happy dancing*

Corran Horn

TTP said:
I've just read on the official forum that you now get just 2 points for killing the flag carrier and returning the flag.

*happy dancing*
guess its time for me to stop defending my flag as much to farm points! lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn the new Clan server thing is so awesome. I love to see all the gaffers joining my dedicated server on the right team :)

Too bad I can only host 12p games now due to some issues with my ISP. Another shame is that Clan servers cant be Ranked. Oh well. Still much easier now to play together.

Steroyd said:
The Irony. :lol
:lol

Ceb

I'm gonna put up a 24-player server soon: "Arkestra". Hope to see some GAFers there. Those were some good games! Took a while to get the hang of the dropship controls. :lol

Ceb said:
I'm gonna put up a 24-player server soon: "Arkestra". Hope to see some GAFers there. Those were some good games! Took a while to get the hang of the dropship controls. :lol

it's too bad you can't drop the tanks/jeeps high up. That would be awesome! :D

how many people can get in the dropship again?

TTP said:

*happy dancing*

Praise Jobesus.

New map looks completely bad ass. It's actually bigger than I thought it was gonna be, the scale is really impressive. This thing is gonna rule for dogfights. Anyone else think the architecture and design seems vaguely Chimerian? ;)

Love the new map, though it may be a bit TOO sprawling. Area wise, it's big, but there's so many alcoves and tunnels and complex structures and doo-dads compared to the other maps. Seems hard to play an on-foot stealth game, because you can go quite a while without encountering someone or getting a good bead on a sucker. But maybe I Just haven't worked out the best ways to pull it off yet. Where the HELL are the mines?

I felt SO giddy the first time I was in a fully loaded Dropship. It loses health pretty quickly when it gets into a skirmish with a fleet of Warhawks, but not before mercilessly tearing through a bunch of them. The swarm missile barrages look terrifying. We tore through 6 or 7 hawks in a row during one rampage.

Top Bottom