• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

jonabbey

So, are any of the GAF clans still taking members? I applied to one of the GAF clans some time back shortly after Warhawk came out and got put on a waiting list, but I've heard nothing since..

Haha, someone took out a fully loaded dropship with an airstrike from the binocs. Oh man - the entire left side of my screen filled up with names. :lol

Assholes seem to be using the Dropship as a flying tank unfortunately. :mad:

The few times I took one down there was only one douche flying around in it. >:|

carlos

I'm not liking the new map unfortunately; a bit too complex both in geography and buildings. Not tp mention the darkness barely lets you see shit (sniping is useless and even the ladders to climb up buidings are hard to see.) yes, I did set my tv brightness settings high ;)

I did manage to snipe/kill a dropship from the other side of the level, even though the darkness didn't let me see my own crosshairs; that was nice...

Its probably that I'm too used to the old game, but I'm not liking the 1.2 changes either (except flag disappearance)...maybe I'll get used to them over time (but hey, there are many worse things you could spend 8 bucks on)

Incog please, lower the rank requirements, now you've made it even harder to get points; (to get to the last rank would take someone who hasn't point cheated around 1300 hours);
There are other games besides Warhawk you know ;p

Congrats to all on 10000 posts as well!

I'll check next time. I've since seen one. Scary stuff. Especially when you're driving a jeep and you can hear it coming. It's like Jaws.

I love the new map. Awesome stuff.

Steroyd

jonabbey said:
So, are any of the GAF clans still taking members? I applied to one of the GAF clans some time back shortly after Warhawk came out and got put on a waiting list, but I've heard nothing since..

We have a converged Gaf clan, which I can add you to providing I can kick someone out for not playing in over a month.

jonabbey

Steroyd said:
We have a converged Gaf clan, which I can add you to providing I can kick someone out for not playing in over a month.

I wouldn't want you to kick someone else on my account. If you had someone who volunteered his seat when asked that'd be one thing, but..

How large can the clans be now?

Steroyd

It's the new law, the converged Gaf clan was created for the sole purpose for Gaffers who still play Warhawk regularly which was the problem, a month into Warhawk when interest dropped dramatically.

So right now:
month no play Warhawk = Not interested in Warhawk in my eyes.

The clan is supposed to be 64 people big but the invite glitch stops at 51. :|

jonabbey

Steroyd said:
It's the new law, the converged Gaf clan was created for the sole purpose for Gaffers who still play Warhawk regularly which was the problem, a month into Warhawk when interest dropped dramatically.

So right now:

Ah, okay, then! Sign me up when you can. :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheJollyCorner said:
it's too bad you can't drop the tanks/jeeps high up. That would be awesome! :D
With obligatory Ride of the Valkyrie playing in the background.

The new map is something. I was too busy getting completely schooled by the other team in a Zones match to really appreciate it. It feels really big right now, but I'm it'll get smaller in my perception as I get to know it.

Ceb

Tanks seem pretty useless on the new map. It's pretty much essential to use the dropship to haul their metal asses over to vital choke points in the layout. Unfortunately, most people will be to busy boosting between bases to bother.

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
There are sooooo many ladders. I got lost climbing up a building once :lol

I got lost on the new map, the main base in Zones you can climb half way but you have fly to the top.

slowly sussing out where the mines are, now to figure out the strategic choke points.

speaking of strategy, with our new clan server abilities, we'll need to make plans for each map to take the opposition out efficiently. :)

methane47

onadesertedisland said:
The damage balance has been tweaked in a weird way

and I seem to be lagging a whole shitton more than before

machine guns of all types seem to be a bit more powerfull to me... anyone else think so?

Ceb

Is the clan night on yet? I'll log on in 15-20 minutes or so. If I don't see a bunch of GAFers playing together, I'll put up a server. If a lot of us end up there after a while, I'll make it a clan server.

I need a Clan! I took a break to play COD4, Uncharted, and AC. Now I am back and will be playing Warhawk a lot more. I would love to be part of the GAF clan!

My PSN ID is cjtiger300

After finishing all of my finals it's so nice to get on and whoop some ass on Warhawk. Looking forward to my first clan practice this week.

PS- Anyone want to be my friend on PSN? I have almost no one to play with :(

PSN = GAZERCK

schmalz

I apologize if this is a stupid question or if it has already been answered. I'm checking out the new maps and I can't seem to find the dropship. Am I not looking in the right place, or is there something special that needs to happen in order to spawn the ships? Thanks for any help.

Steroyd

Ynu have to grab a zone outside the main base I think zone 2 (or it's equivelant on the other side). the spawn point is inside a building and the dropship is just outside it.

does anyone else think the new 'voice altering' ability added to the PS3 has now made Warhawk hilariously more obnoxious?

I had some jackass with a chipmunk voice trying to bark out dropship destroying strategies and I couldn't even concentrate. :lol

TheJollyCorner said:
does anyone else think the new 'voice altering' ability added to the PS3 has now made Warhawk hilariously more obnoxious?

I had some jackass with a chipmunk voice trying to bark out dropship destroying strategies and I couldn't even concentrate. :lol

I'm not going to forgive Sony for this. What were they thinking? :lol

Although I can't deny there was a certain entertainment value when a chipmunk and Jabba the Hut started cursing eachother out tonight.

icechai

Wowwwww piloted my first drop ship today... and managed to pick up a tank that got the other teams flag and fly, chaff and grab health my way back to base before dropping them off, sooooooooo awesome. Unfortunately there's lots of idiots around who pilot and don't know to use chaff or grab health >_<

Oh and is it just me or is Warhawk machine guns more effective against troops and vehicles now? I see sudden jumps in damage all of a sudden when I'm shooting... or maybe i'm just getting better?? :p

schmalz said:
I apologize if this is a stupid question or if it has already been answered. I'm checking out the new maps and I can't seem to find the dropship. Am I not looking in the right place, or is there something special that needs to happen in order to spawn the ships? Thanks for any help.

Each of the maps have a diff drop ship spawn point, usually right by your main base.

Wow, had an awesome run today.

Best part of it was when I blew up a jeep that was carrying the flag (and 3 people) from the other side of the map with my sniper rifle. It was amazing.

Huggers

Hey guys a little advice needed. Is it possible to play 2 player split screen online? If so, how on earth do you set it up?? There is no option to do it so i'm a bit lost. Any help much appreciated.

icechai

Epix said:
How can you tell which games in the server list are dropship enabled?

Any [OD] servers are Omega Dawn, dropships as far as I know load on all Omega Factory layouts and Large layouts for other maps.

icechai

The Hug Dog said:
Hey guys a little advice needed. Is it possible to play 2 player split screen online? If so, how on earth do you set it up?? There is no option to do it so i'm a bit lost. Any help much appreciated.

press start on 2nd controller in any server that has split screen enabled (you can check on the box to the right of the server screen).

Epix

icechai said:
Any [OD] servers are Omega Dawn, dropships as far as I know load on all Omega Factory layouts and Large layouts for other maps.
So there's no direct way to tell which of games involving the old maps have the dropship?

Steroyd

I'll be setting up a 12 man clan server at around 8pm GMT, heavily rotator'd to the new map, so I can figure it out more and check out these clan server settings.

Huggers

How do the recent updates effect clans etc. Is it now easier to get on the same side and server etc? Because I'm well up for going to war with some fellow Gaffers this weekend

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Steroyd said:

So right now:

Hey buddy, some of us have finals

Steroyd

commish said:
Hey buddy, some of us have finals

With people knocking on the door to join I have to do something. :|

I'm still putting up a server tonight to test the Clan server options, I'm entertaining the idea of going around to forums and challenging clans, if I'm satisfied with the results. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Awesome

Dylan from Official Forum said:
You may have noticed that we have rolled-out a new Warhawk website. It will be far easier to post updates and key info to our community!

http://www.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/

We also exposed our statistics database through the new website as well. It allows you to see personal stats, leader boards, do player comparisons and even get access to the raw XML so you can integrate them in your own web site.

http://stats.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/Leaderboards.aspx

Also, we have been watching very closely the debate about some of the changes that we made with the v1.2 update. Please know that we don't make any of these changes to make you angry! :) We spend a lot of time watching how the game is played and so changes like CTF return logic, CTF sudden death trigger, point-nerfing, respawn times, etc. are made with a lot of thought and internal debate here at Incognito.

So...just because we aren't jumping in on threads *DOESN'T* mean we aren't reading them...we just want to watch the debate a bit right now.

Rock on!

Steroyd

Sea Manky said:
w00t! Finished the grocery shopping, and I've got some time free, so I'll be joining the clan server today! :D

Yeah about that. :|

I'm going to be a little late somethings popped up and I don't think I can make the server and sit Idle withought being kicked out.

Bear with me.

edit: YES! Now we can publically laugh at how sad Sea_Manky is. :D

icechai

Escalation said:
Good games, icechai. I should know better than to try playing half awake.

hehe yeah i was playing just woken up, but we had some nice dm matches, actually I never used to play TDM, just CTF, but now with them finally nerfing the points for CTF, it makes sense to play everything since 50-100 points per game is normal now instead of 200 for ctf games. :)

I hope they don't roll back on the CTF changes because of all the whiny base campers in CTF, its so much more intense now.

Top Bottom