• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
BWAHAHAHAHA

So I'm in a TDM game, Northern Bridge, 30 minutes, 300 point limit, 20 people or so, and kicking ass. Icehai joins on my team, and at that point, I've got more points than the other team combined. Timer starts counting down to the last few seconds, and the server admin kicks me. XD

MUA HA HA HA HA HA HOW DOES IT TASTE?

God, I love this game. :D

icechai

lol thanks for the 14:1 ratio :p that was a bit overmatched, they had 1 guy who knew how to fly a warhawk and he wasn't that good.

Omega Dawn playing update: Starting to like it a bit more, stopped thinking about dropship except in beginning of match for getting 7 guys into their base and whenever I see our guys about to cap and there's a open dropship lying about. What's great is when you're invading their base, a bunch of your teammates are about to get the flag, and their dropship respawns... take that ship and carry them to safety!! I've had a jeep blown up under me twice though, sucks for the carrier, flag just drops down from where he was blown up in midair.

Steroyd

I logged onto PSN and I nearly fell out of my couch/bed thingy at the shock.

Sea_Manky had a diffent game under his Avatar. :O

Technically it was a demo but still...

The robot has been re-programmed.

User 406

Banned
Steroyd said:
I logged onto PSN and I nearly fell out of my couch/bed thingy at the shock.

Sea_Manky had a diffent game under his Avatar. :O

Technically it was a demo but still...

The robot has been re-programmed.

Wasn't me. My brother-in-law was over today and he wanted to play Tony Hawk. So I let him play the demo. After that he played Gran Turismo HD. :p

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bought this game earlier.

Can anyone tell me how to improve my game so I can get out of the single digit points rounds :lol?

I suck at this game :(

icechai

reilo said:

Can anyone tell me how to improve my game so I can get out of the single digit points rounds :lol?

scroll through this thread for lots of tips. Otherwise, try to keep your assisted aim closer towards the head, use each weapon when the situation calls on it (rifle medium/far or anytime you're on elevated ledge, flamethrower close or against tanks and jeeps, rocket launchers if you're good at angling shots and against warhawks). Also realllly make use of grenades, they often kill more than the guns themselves. 2 Grenades kill a warhawk, and 1 headon against a guy will kill him.

After you've had some fun with that learn how to fly, and that's a completely different ballgame :p

CSSer

reilo said:

- Capture base nodes to get points easily
- mines are your friend
- get in a warhawk and spam tow missiles
- pick up automatic rifle when you can

icechai

Steroyd said:
Can someone give me an idiot proof explanation of Sudden death in CTF, I was in it once and made bugger all difference.

After a bit when both flags are being held by opposite teams, the game goes into Sudden Death CTF mode. Flag carriers are ALWAYS visible on radar and the return timer for saving a flag is reduced so saving flag is faster.

reilo said:

Biggest thing people don't realize at first: When you use your machine gun and have it autolocked on someone, flicking down on your right stick will raise your autolock to his head and kill him faster.

Also, when you and a bad guy are both autolocked on each other and firing simultaneously, try running to your right while steering your autolock back to the left [keeping it on the bad guy]. This works a surprising % of the time.

And finally, tanks are your friend.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
CSSer said:
- Capture base nodes to get points easily
- mines are your friend
- get in a warhawk and spam tow missiles
- pick up automatic rifle when you can
Yes. And, I'd offer that it's well worth learning to make use of crouch. There's more places than you may realize to duck behind, stay low and stay alive until enemies in the area lose interest and leave.

Just got this today: a few questions

1. Can someone add me to the gaf clan? PSN: pancakesandsx

2. Is there a way to search for specific servers? for example if i want to find the gaf server can i type it in somehow or is there a specific combination of filters i can use to find it quicker in the list?

icechai

pancakesandsex said:
Just got this today: a few questions

1. Can someone add me to the gaf clan? PSN: pancakesandsx

2. Is there a way to search for specific servers? for example if i want to find the gaf server can i type it in somehow or is there a specific combination of filters i can use to find it quicker in the list?

afraid you'd have to sort by alphabetical for a GAF server if one is up. What I think most of us do now is just goto the clan or buddy list and join the server someone from GAF is in :p

on another note, can I just say how spoiled the size of the levels have made me? I've been getting into CoD4 multiplayer cuz of the addicting rpg aspects of unlocking, but I don't feel like sniping at all because the largest map is still so tiny in comparison.

User 406

Banned
Oh man.

Just came back from a friend's house, took the playstation and Warhawk over there to try out on his HDTV. Holy shit the game looks amazing. I'm afraid to go back to my SD set. :X

icechai

Sea Manky said:
Oh man.

Just came back from a friend's house, took the playstation and Warhawk over there to try out on his HDTV. Holy shit the game looks amazing. I'm afraid to go back to my SD set. :X

lol Manky you've been playing on a SD set this whole time? wowwww you have been missing out :p Save up and get a new LCD or DLP LCD, prices are verrry affordable now compared to before

Afrikan

Sea Manky said:
Oh man.

or get a used 30" widescreen CRT that accepts 720p......for like $200-$300.....on CRAIGSLIST....or Ebay....should last u a while and the game would look great....

Steroyd

I would like to apologize for being a sucky clan leader, for the past 2 weeks. :( (2 weeks?)

Actually I don't know what exactly I'm apologizing for, but anyway to make it up, I have signed us up, the Gaf U clan, to this website.

We're the 277th clan, to sign up. So the signs look good. :D

I'll keep you guys posted, if anything happens.

Ugh /(~_~)\ I need a few of you guys to sign onto the website so I can add you to the roster so I'm eligible to challenge other clans.

User 406

Banned
I'd be happy to register, but is this for europeans only?

Edit: Looks like there's an entry in the location menu for the US, so I'll sign in, but I need to know what your username is there for the referral box and how you spelled our clan name.

Steroyd

When I registered United States was an option under country, I think the website is heavily skewed towards Europe in terms of setting up times though.

Username: Steroyd.
Clan name: Gaf U
Clan tag: [GAF]

Include the square brackets.

D'oh >_<

User 406

Banned
Just signed up as Sea Manky, entered my clan name as GAF U, don't see a place for the clan tag.

I accepted an invite to Gaf U, but I got two of them, so I hope I hit the right one. :X

User 406

Banned
keehar.jpg

Vat do "start small"? YARK! I fly at dem! Make plenty good fight!

Steroyd

Eligibility
23:13
23:15
21:58

awe nutz, eligibility is time based! :/

This website sucks.

Never mind to pass the time, I'll setup a Clan server today/tonight, with each of the maps, interchanging between Zones and CTF, to get a feel especially Omega Dawn which I haven't quite got used to yet.

CBal2424

Banned
Does anyone know what stores carry the version without the headset, I can only find the bundle at every store, maybe ill just order the damn thing.

Trevelyan

Banned
Steroyd said:
I SAID GAF CLAN ASSEMBLE! >_<
:lol :lol

THat was funny when it was just you and I against 6 people, and then CSSer came to save the day! Good games today, sorry had to bail early, surprise family visit -_-

carlos

ack, sorry for not being there, I was finishing up a couple of rentals...

I will be online in a short while, if anyone's still there

User 406

Banned
Sorry carlos, Steroyd just quit the server. :X

Man, I can't believe we were holding them down as well as we were with only 3-4 guys versus their 6-7. :X

carlos

doh', maybe next weekend then
I'm still logging on anyway, I need my fix (and I really have to play more on the omega maps)
I won't be able to play for a few days due to parties and stuff, so Happy New Year everyone!

User 406

Banned
So who are NBK? I thought they were very good sports sticking around like that and fighting us.

Duh, my wife just said, "Natural born killers", so that's probably it. :X

Top Bottom