• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

burnfout

I created an account on consolegaming.eu, could someone sent me a clan invite, I'm having trouble joining the clan.

name: burnfout

ChryZ

Gradthrawn@B3D got a few questions and actually started a test server:

Gradthrawn said:
Anyhow, in terms of server options:

[*]Include all maps?
[*]Enable dropships (not sure if it well let me with 12x12 though)?
[*]Friendly fire (what %)?
[*]Fly w/ flag?
[*]Anything else?

I purpose a test run, before the actually challenge, just to see how well 12x12 would actually work if you want me to host it. In fact, maybe I'll setup the server while I'm out today, limit it to B3D and GAF, and anyone who's online can give feedback about performance. No password. The clan only option should keep everyone else out.
Gradthrawn said:
Ok, setup a test server. GAFvsB3D-PerformanceTest, or something like that. Limited to GAF U and Beyond3d only. If you get a chance to test it out please give feedback on map rotation, server options, performance, etc.

I tried to stick with maps that were for 8 - 24 or 12 - 24 players, in order to accommodate the maximum amount for the server while also trying to keep the minimum amount for the map as low as possible.
I gotta catch some sleep, but maybe you guys can give it a spin and report back with some feedback. I'll forward it in 8-9h.

Steroyd

Oh might as well, I already got up for a PES online session.

From experience official servers have 100% friendly fire, it makes team mates be more carefull when using Tow's, Tanks and driving jeeps.

Non full map sized zone matches = 5000 point target no-no.
Undecided about that now, the round seemed to go quickly... but then all the zones were at level 3...

Trevelyan

Banned
Yeah. I enjoyed the map rotation, from what I saw of it. And the 2 maps Steroyd and I played in, I liked the layouts. I think for 24 people a 5k point limit would be good for the Achipelago map we played in - and yeah, it did seem to go by fast.

The map rotation has my approval.

User 406

Banned
Argh, been busy all evening, didn't get a chance to try it out. :(

I'll also throw in my vote for 100% friendly fire. I really don't like that the blue servers have it turned off now, and I've been trying to stick to player and dedicated servers that have it. I do not want to get in the habit of shooting when my teammates are in the line of fire.

Oh, and no fly with flag, that would just be silly. :p

ChryZ

I created an account on consolegaming.eu, could someone sent me a clan invite, I'm having trouble joining the clan.

name: ChryZ

(copy'n'paste ftw, I'm such a lazy fuck ^_^;)

Steroyd

onadesertedisland said:
bah what is with the clan stuff on the consolegaming site? im out of it but don't want to be

It's a website where a crapload of Clans (280 so far) sign up to challenge each other, there's even tournaments and a league if the clan is competitive enough.

Ceb

They removed friendly fire from all official servers? WTF? Having friendly fire off means there's little chance of surviving as a lone trooper against two or three enemies.

I wish we could get a clan challenge going as soon as later this evening. :D After burnfout's account goes valid 5 hours from now, we would be a force to be reckoned with.

EDIT:

I added some more names to that GAF Leaderboard Steroyd posted a couple of pages back.

Less CoD4 and more Warhawk for me from now on. :/

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
Invite accepted!

What's that Eligibility timer for? :\

I don't know completely, but it was what stopped me from challenging other clans on the site. :|

Is there any way to use the XML feed to post it on here? Or is that only for the actual website itself?

List complete.

sd3127

Made an account on consolegaming.eu, can I get an invite please.

Tag: SaladDodger

Everytime I sign on to Warhawk, I never see too many GAFers. :( What time do you all usually play?

Do I need to make an account at consolegaming.eu before being on the GAF clan?

Eh, why does it feel like I missed a little too much while I was doing school and other games?

CSSer

sd3127 said:
Everytime I sign on to Warhawk, I never see too many GAFers. :( What time do you all usually play?

I rarely see people from the clan online too, but we usually gather on the weekends to get slapped around in games and hope for a certain machine to show up.

angelfly

Thinking of picking this up tonight but I had a couple of questions:

1) Does it play well in SD?
2) Are there still a lot of people playing?
3) What's the average amount of players on most servers?

angelfly said:

1. Don't know since I only play on HDTVs.

2. Hell to the yeah there's a lot of people playing. 300 to 800 servers at a time depending on the time of day.

3.Varies on what the server can hold and what type of map is being played. If you want to stay in full servers then go ahead. If you like less people, there's plenty of servers for that. Basically there's something for everyone on here especially since each map can be resized.

Steroyd

BlackGoku03 said:
Do I need to make an account at consolegaming.eu before being on the GAF clan?

Eh, why does it feel like I missed a little too much while I was doing school and other games?

I've already invited you into the clan, signing onto the website is so it can help us look for clan battles.

Did we set a solid time with B3D?

angelfly said:

SDtv cuts off a bit in the overscan area, you miss some of the text on the left hand side, nothing you cant figure out though, kind of annoying but i got over it.

yes theres a ton of people (randoms) playing, gaf has a little pocket of people i have yet to jump in with though

most servers are half full / close to full from the small amount if time ive spent with it.

angelfly

BlackGoku03 said:
1. Don't know since I only play on HDTVs.

2. Hell to the yeah there's a lot of people playing. 300 to 800 servers at a time depending on the time of day.

3.Varies on what the server can hold and what type of map is being played. If you want to stay in full servers then go ahead. If you like less people, there's plenty of servers for that. Basically there's something for everyone on here especially since each map can be resized.

pancakesandsex said:
SDtv cuts off a bit in the overscan area, you miss some of the text on the left hand side, nothing you cant figure out though, kind of annoying but i got over it.

yes theres a ton of people (randoms) playing, gaf has a little pocket of people i have yet to jump in with though

most servers are half full / close to full from the small amount if time ive spent with it.

Thanks. Purchased and downloading it now :)

edit:
Wow this game is awesome. I really suck though. I'll play more later today and over the weekend to try and get better.

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
Quick update:

CAG needs another week to sort out their clan.

B3D main event on Sunday 20:00/8PM-GMT (=21:00/9PM-CET, 15:00/3PM-EST, 12:00/noon-PST8PDT). Test server GAFvsB3D: switch teams enabled, auto team balancing enabled just for the test server to make testing easier.

So B3D this Sunday and CAG next week.

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

Will send a clan message.

ChryZ

pancakesandsex said:
whats the best method to find a specific server?
You can limit the number of shown servers with the filter options. In the server tab use the d-pad left/right to select a column, square to sort the column (server-name, ping, mode, etc), up/down to select a server.

ChryZ said:
You can limit the number of shown servers with the filter options. In the server tab use the d-pad left/right to select a column, square to sort the column (server-name, ping, mode, etc), up/down to select a server.

wel lets say i wanted to find the gaf server, what would be the best filter combination to use, because im not familiar with all the classifications yet.

Steroyd

Not against B3D but if we ever get a match through the consolegaming website you have to sign up 24 hours before the match.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
Not against B3D but if we ever get a match through the consolegaming website you have to sign up 24 hours before the match.
We is going to pwn you... :D

Can I have an idea of how good you guys are?

Kill/death ratio pwease.

Madman

pancakesandsex said:
SDtv cuts off a bit in the overscan area, you miss some of the text on the left hand side, nothing you cant figure out though, kind of annoying but i got over
You can adjust Warhawk's picture to fit your TV. In the Options menu.

I played it in SD for awhile and it was fine.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
Hm...more than anything I think those stas show how long you've been playing for. What I want to know is your quality as a player (which of course includes experience), but there are some very good players playing now who have played half as much as you.

So what I propose is k/d ratio, amount of kills per games played, and amount of ribbons per games played.

:)

ChryZ

Shifty Geezer, that fucking party pooper, closed my thread at B3D :mad:

... discussion on matches and rivalries etc. should really be held on a private forum. Otherwise that invites the forum to become saturated with localised clan talk rather than open console gaming discussion.

Please see about getting a forum up and running elsewhere, or a thread at the official Warhawk forums if there is one, or some other place to hold Clan meetings. Thanks.
B3D hates fun confirmed :p

I guess, the Sunday game is still on. Deepbrown can sort out the rest via this thread and PMs to his members.

Top Bottom