• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Yeah, we were really good at fending them off when they got the flag.

Oh yeah, how the heck did you end up on the edge of the cliff Sea_Manky? :lol

That clan we played against was awesome.

User 406

Banned
Which time? :X

The first time, I was coming out of their base, and they knocked me off the bridge. I bailed from the jeep and landed on the little ledge there.

The second time I was on foot and trying to sneak over the ridgetop, but I jumped off too early, and the flag ended up in that little unclimbable area on the lower north shore. I gave the flag to PlayerBeyond and suicided, intending to get the dropship and come pick him up with a jeep, but someone else beat me to it.

Here they are! http://warhawk.ps3.consolegaming.eu/stats.php?id=212

Considering we beat them every time, it's too bad that wasn't a ladder match. XD

Steroyd

The first time.

Seeing as I've spent the last 15 minutes doing bugger all, I'll setup the clan server again with a few fixes with some zone modes and put CTF back to 3

carlos

lol, I was playing 1vs 3 on the gaf servers, on a zones game, and I still managed to make them quit with my aerial assault...

seeing as how gaf is empty, I'm in US ctf lg, 1-3 (OD)
if anyone cares to join me

edit: scratch that, ps3 overheated and froze on me :( ...taking a break

Trevelyan

Banned
I registered on that site, but I still don't see my name in the clan list. DUring the registration I put the clan name as Gaf U. Am I doing something wrong or am I just dumb?

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
Shit, nobody on when I logged on. So I just played some Champions of Norrath instead. PS2 FTW! :D
I would pray with ya but I've crashed about 6 times since yesterday. I think switching from wired to wireless might be causing this but I can play cod4 just fine w/o crashing.. sigh

Just got this game for Christmas and I've got to say I'm damned impressed. It was one of those games I had written off, but man, am I ever glad to be wrong. Once I've logged a bit of time in the game and gone from Dur! to Dur? in my abilities, I might try to join up with you guys.

icechai

BlackGoku03 said:
Haven't played Warhawk in about a month... what happened to the GAF clan?

They're still around and quite big, although they seem to all play at a time diff than me (I play around 1am-2am GMT -5) :(

Steroyd

>_<

BlackGoku03 said:
Haven't played Warhawk in about a month... what happened to the GAF clan?

If you was in the clan, I chopped you because someone else asked to join, it's a requirement that you don't stop playing for a month because the clan is glitch full. :(

You can always ask to re-join btw.

ChryZ

Ramirez said:
Can I get some noob tips? I was getting destroyed earlier.
-play ranked Lv1 games or unranked for practice.
-with knife your not visible on the radar
-chaff is your best friend while flying
-teamwork pays off (literally)

Steroyd

Ramirez said:
Can I get some noob tips? I was getting destroyed earlier.

Stay out of the air unless for quick transport.
Mines are your friends.
Use missle turrets once, then move to the next one.
When going for the flag, route 1 and escape route 1 is mined.

Steroyd

Hey guys, I put a post up on the forum so hopefully someone chalenges us, but to make sure can people sign onto the website, so our clan doesn't look empty. (-_-)'

Oh btw....

Rosters

1. All players participating in a match must be on the roster for at least 24 hours and can't be updated within the past 12 hours prior to the match start time indicated in the accepted challenge.
2. The green light between every player on a roster will show whether or not a player is eligible.
3. Users are permitted to be listed on only one team on each ladder at any given time. Players or teams breaking this rule will be dealt with accordingly.
4. Guests are not permitted to participate in clan matches. Any clans found using guests in a match forfeit any right to submit a ticket for any roster problems.
5. All roster spots must be comprised of only one valid Playstation 3 gamertag. Spelling and spaces must be exact, but is not case sensitive.
6. It is each teams responsibility to make sure there are no roster issues with either clan. By accepting the challenge and entering the room, you will be liable for any roster issues with your team, so please check before sending or accepting a challenge.
7. Team or Player names will not contain foul language, disparaging remarks, hateful or racist names.
8. Blast messages will be subject to forum rules.

This may be for an official clan match, hopefully it doesn't apply for an unnofficial friendly clan match but can people sign on just to make sure so I don't get my head chopped off. :|

User 406

Banned
Steroyd, did you send Trevelyan an invite to the clan on the site? He's not in the clan list but he's registered.

You might also want to set up a clan message to let people know they need to register at forum.consolegaming.eu and let you know so you can send them an invite. Also, can we have people in the clan on that site that aren't technically in the clan in Warhawk? You might want to ask their admins that question since we're probably one of the only clans around that have run into the invite limit.

ChryZ

We could challenge Beyond3D and Cheap Ass Gamers. I'm pretty sure they got active clans. I've got accounts for both their forums, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to rope them into a few games.

Ceb

I've registered at the Console Gaming site now, waiting for an invite. Hopefully we can get a good gathering of people now that the holidays are over and done with.

I'll see if I can get some guys from the Eurogamer clan (which I'm in charge of) for a game against Gaf. :D

Hasn't been all that active recently but I'll try, I know some would be up for it.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
Nah, we can add TDM too. It should be a team-based mode though, just my two cents.
Yes team based...but you know me I have my fingers in all the pies. But as the B3d clan leader I'll have to stick with them :D

mr stroke

I am a little LTTP on the expansion DLC, are there alot of people playing still?? I haven't played the game in a couple of months, good time to jump back in?

Steroyd

There's never been a better time to jump back in, people are being more of a team player now... at least I've consistently come across team players.

ChryZ

mr stroke said:
I am a little LTTP on the expansion DLC, are there alot of people playing still?? I haven't played the game in a couple of months, good time to jump back in?
The game was actually doing well prior to Omega Dawn (DLC) and it's still going strong. The latest patch made it a bit more user-friendly ... so yeah, it's a good time to jump in again.

icechai

Ceb said:
Xmas also meant a sizable jump in players on the leaderboards. Warhawk looks to have pretty nice legs.

Especially since Dylan hinted at 1.3 updates with new Infantry stuff and the addition of Photoshoppable Warhawk stuff (design/emblems?)

User 406

Banned
Heh, speaking of Warhawk having legs, this thread is the second longest thread in the online forum with over 10K posts. The longest thread is the WoW thread at a bit less than 16K posts, and that was started back in 2004. :p

Top Bottom