• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

carlos

bring them all on, I challenge EVERYONE against a 10+ GAF team ;p

I might have to bring out my fully functioning sixaxis if we're going to get serious

Ceb

I took the server down. I can't believe we didn't get any challengers on the red team. I've never seen such a low turnout (of non-GAFers).

I guess the next best thing is making a ranked regular server (no clans :(). Should I put one up?

Ceb

I'll make it OD maps again since it seems only Jaeyden is left from B3D (and he has OD). Maybe we'll get more guests that way? !GAF again, btw.

carlos

and there it was....and now its gone again...

maybe we should move to an unpopulated server?

edit: nm, its up again...waiting for you guys

Ceb

Jesus christ, the goddamn network errors are driving me insane (and surely everyone else too). I give up, Warhawk's usually stable for me. ARRRRGH! :(

EDIT:

Or maybe I should try a clan server again... oh, Warhawk, you're a harsh mistress. ONE LAST TRY. :(

im done for the night, we should just take over an official server thats empty next time and join the game via the clan menu by following someone

Jaeyden

Well thanks for trying guys. What a great game WH is. Too bad it still needs some improvements to get organized matches going smoothly. Here's hoping for 1.3. BTW, I play alot please add me to your friends lists.. PSN-Jaeyden

carlos

had a network error on my end and that was enough for me...
sorry about the tk's chryz, pregame time bores the hell outta me

sigh...overall a very disappointing 3 hours that we won't be getting back :(

mintylurb

Hrm..looks like I didn't miss much. ;d But, in all seriousness, I really hope the upcoming 1.3 patch will address current clan system issues. Seriously, it shouldn't be this hard to get a clan vs clan match going.

User 406

Banned
It wasn't technical issues like that, it was more getting enough people from B3D when we were doing the clan server, and Arkestra's connection acting flaky. We did get some good games in too, it wasn't all a wash. Jaeyden, you're quite a pilot. :D

At any rate, we have another official clan match next week, maybe that will go smoothly.
duh.gif

Ceb

I noticed that I was getting varying upload speeds on the "create game" screen. I guess the problem might have been on my end this time. :( Thanks for sticking around, and no offense to the fine gents from B3D who participated, but I really hope we can get it on with a larger clan next time. That first lineup of 12 GAFers on the same team was awe-inspiring. :D

Jaeyden

Sea Manky said:
It wasn't technical issues like that, it was more getting enough people from B3D when we were doing the clan server, and Arkestra's connection acting flaky. We did get some good games in too, it wasn't all a wash. Jaeyden, you're quite a pilot. :D

At any rate, we have another official clan match next week, maybe that will go smoothly.
duh.gif

Same to you. You're certainly one of the best I've seen.

deepbrown

I'm confused. Where was my team?

True I joined a bit later - but 8pm is early and sadly I don't live alone, and saying I have planned to play a game at a certain time just doesn't cut it.

Moreover when I joined I couldn't play on my team with my fellow B3d'ers. I couldn't hear anyone. I tried to change teams - no luck. Then everyone is suddenly on my team. Then we're all thrown out a load of times.

Then I go back and everyone is gone except 3 Gaffers, Jaeyden and me. What's worse is there were a bunch of noobs. It was 3 gaffers against 12 - who were no use at anything.

Kept chucking me out and I couldn't get in again. Why weren't there more B3d'ers? Because they tried to join and they weren't allowed. Or they got in and were chucked out. We're not as patient as you gaffers.

At least I came top of that Capture the flag - but I've never been so embarrassed at a lame team EVER.

I got there about an hour late and when I joined the server there was two B3D players and 8 GAFers. Thought that was a bit wierd.

The IRC thing sounds good.

Steroyd

I can't remember what fubar is, but it ended up 12 Gaffers against one B3Der... a little unfair I think.

Boy do we need some proper clan matches yesterday just shows how much we want to play. O_O

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
I can't remember what fubar is, but it ended up 12 Gaffers against one B3Der... a little unfair I think.

Boy do we need some proper clan matches yesterday just shows how much we want to play. O_O
FUBAR = fucked up beyond all recognition/repair

Well, at the beginning of things it was like 6-8 GAF VS 3-4 B3D, but when we switched to another server we lost most of B3D and gained a lot of GAF :lol

We managed to get like 2-3 good games out of this 3-4h mess, such a pity ~_~

EDIT: it would be a good idea to switch directly to mixed teams in case we end up in a situation like this again, friendly games aren't serious business and last night was such a waste of time

Steroyd

Yeah from now on our back-up plan will consist of entering an official server and try and get everyone onto one team using team switch.

Imagine people pissing their pants if they saw 16 players on the other team in an official server all having the same tag. :lol

User 406

Banned
Uh, the only difference using an official server would give us would be no friendly fire and no ability to kick people to let more of our guys in. We might as well keep using our servers, and just change the parameters to suit whatever player mix we've got. Last night was annoying, but a big part of that was Ceb's network connection going haywire, which doesn't normally happen. The other part was trying too hard to have a pure clan match when it was pretty clear after a little while that hardly any B3D guys were going to show.

Invading an official server is just going to add more annoyances. We've only tried this a couple times now, let's be patient and get better at it.

ChryZ said:
FUBAR = fucked up beyond all recognition/repair

Well, at the beginning of things it was like 6-8 GAF VS 3-4 B3D, but when we switched to another server we lost most of B3D and gained a lot of GAF :lol

We managed to get like 2-3 good games out of this 3-4h mess, such a pity ~_~

EDIT: it would be a good idea to switch directly to mixed teams in case we end up in a situation like this again, friendly games aren't serious business and last night was such a waste of time
CAG wants to play you all this weekend. The clan leader there was asking how many people you plan to create a server for (CAG will provide a server sometime in the future, which can support 20 players). There should be no issues getting enough to show up, since the previous Warhawk night had over 17 show up.

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
Uh, the only difference using an official server would give us would be no friendly fire and no ability to kick people to let more of our guys in. We might as well keep using our servers, and just change the parameters to suit whatever player mix we've got. Last night was annoying, but a big part of that was Ceb's network connection going haywire, which doesn't normally happen. The other part was trying too hard to have a pure clan match when it was pretty clear after a little while that hardly any B3D guys were going to show.

Invading an official server is just going to add more annoyances. We've only tried this a couple times now, let's be patient and get better at it.
Well I think the few that did come didn't know what was going on when they were chucked.

Though I must say I was amused at that three gafs against two b3d's and a bunch of noobs. I had that dang flag for ever - and I was screaming at them to return the bloody flag...I couldn't see how it could be that hard when there was only three of you! What were they doing!? lol I was just shouting at them saying "There's only three of them!!!" And they whine at me saying "But they are in a clan"...thankfully Jaeyden did his magic.

Then I just stayed defending our flag since they all seemed to be useless at that - and knocking you off one by one was funny :p

Ceb

BoilersFan23 said:
CAG wants to play you all this weekend. The clan leader there was asking how many people you plan to create a server for (CAG will provide a server sometime in the future, which can support 20 players). There should be no issues getting enough to show up, since the previous Warhawk night had over 17 show up.

Delicious. I might have to dedicate next weekend to studies, but that also means I could put up a dedicated 24p clan server for added stability.

deepbrown said:
Well I think the few that did come didn't know what was going on when they were chucked.

Did some of them not have clan tags or something? IIRC, I only kicked people who filled up slots with split-screen accounts.

I think I will put up !GAF again later this evening to see if it runs better today.

Top Bottom