• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Was the server name mentioned somewhere in this thread, because I'm not seeing it (I could have sworn I did)? We just want to make sure so they join the right game (although most in the CAG clan will just look at the clan and jump in a game). I, myself might not attend the match unfortunately.

But yes, CAG is still on for tomorrow at 3pm EST and they are pretty excited (I did attend a practice session with them tonight).

But when you know, could you mention it please (I just know it should have GAF in the name at least)? Thanks a lot and thanks for having interests in playing CAG. :D

First time posting in this thread. (Just a few weeks ago I lost my posting virginity here on neogaf).

I absolutely love this game, I can hardly go a day without playing. Any good tips on gaining points? I come in the top fairly often but I never notice having THAT many points. It's a pain trying to rank up.

Also, what exactly are team points, combat points and bonus points? Actually, what do you do to gain them? I never knew. I don't have my 500 kills medal b/c of a certain IAR requirement I haven't met.... I don't even know how to meet it...

Steroyd

Team points are things like taking zones spawn points and assist kills, CTF was the best mode to accumulate points.

When people say deathmatch they do mean team deathmatch right? Last thing we need is 23 targets for Sea_Manky.

Name the server Gaf_vs_Cag

User 406

Banned
Don't worry about ranking up, as you play it will come, and the skins get pretty stupid past a certain point anyway. :p If you're working hard for your team, the points will flow.

Team points are awarded for various team related actions. You get team points for taking bases, increasing/decreasing zones, grabbing the flag from the enemy base, capturing the flag, returning the flag, or assisting in kills (5 assists gets you a point).

Combat points are awarded for killing. Typically a kill is worth one point. However, you can get 2 or 3 points for a kill in certain circumstances, like if you kill a vehicle as a troop (2 points) or take out a warhawk with a TOW or cluster bomb (3 points).

Bonus points are the points you receive at the end of a round for the various ribbons you earn. The list of ribbons will show you how many points each one is worth.

If you're talking about the Exemplary Combat medal, you need 50 combat points in a round to get it. So basically you need to do a lot of killing.

Check out http://warhawkstats.com/ for lots more info.

ChryZ

BoilersFan23 said:
Was the server name mentioned somewhere in this thread, because I'm not seeing it (I could have sworn I did)?
See below.

Steroyd said:
Name the server Gaf_vs_Cag
See below.

The name of the server seems to be quite a subject, let's call it !gafvscag on Saturday (regardless of the setup, to keep it as simple as possible).
I also posted that name in the CAG thread. Special character in front of the name so that it's on top of the list when sorted alphabetical.

EDIT: damn, the CAG forum is still down. Worst timing ever. BoilersFan23, could you please cascade (chain letters style) the details to the CAGs via PSN message?

Ceb

Yeah, I'm gonna follow Chryz's lead and name it !gafvscag.

It will be a Player Clan server to begin with. In case of any recurring network errors, I will put up a Dedicated Clan server, but the name will remain the same.

I'll put it up around 10-15 minutes before the scheduled meetup time, so be there in time.

ChryZ said:
EDIT: damn, the CAG forum is still down. Worst timing ever. BoilersFan23, could you please cascade (chain letters style) the details to the CAGs via PSN message?
Don't worry, they still plan to make it. The forum is back up again. They will get the message at CAG. Everything will be passed along there.

If CAG does not fill up all 12 slots initially, do not worry about having to re-shuffle the teams, because there are at least 4 people on reserve.

Ceb

Btw, cheers to the Warhawk team for breaking the 400k mark on the leaderboards.

If the userbase doubles, maybe they will actually start turning a profit? :D

Ceb

6qberyb.jpg

"I'm ready to get it on. Check it out. AS-3 TOW Missile System. Whamp! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got swarm missiles, assault rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers. We got land mines, we got knives, sharp sticks..."

Not long to go now!

Everyone at CAG has got the message and hopefully at least 12 show up. 10 will definitely come while 2 may be a little unsure. I'm a reserve myself, so there's no guarantee I'll be there. A few others are reserves too, so we should be able to fill it up.

Yeah, we got beat really bad, but that's okay. We now know what we need to work on. I was just glad 12 showed up at least. ;)

Good games everyone and glad to play you all.

Ceb said:
Yeah, good games, people. It started to get more even as the games went on.
There were 3 I was waiting on showing up (One is definitely our best player by far), but they didn't show up, so I had to quickly throw in reserves to show up later. We would have had more earlier, but I told a specific 12 to show up on time, while telling the reserves to come later.
Steroyd said:
Woo that was kewl.

A bit one sided but I was amazed how quickly we took zones Destroyed Capital faster than you can say "wtf".
Yeah, our clan isn't too familiar with the Destroyed capital and hasn't had much practice with zones. We'll make sure they do get better with it.

Anyway, thanks again.

ChryZ

BoilersFan23 said:
Yeah, our clan isn't too familiar with the Destroyed capital and hasn't had much practice with zones. We'll make sure they do get better with it.

Anyway, thanks again.
Good sports! You know where to find us in case you guys want a rematch :)

carlos

CSSer said:
I played pretty bad all day :(

I thought I played badly too, but that's what happens when everyone on the team is good; they get the better weapons before you, get to capture points a second before you, dive after the flag before you....etc.

You'd never get as many points like when you're playing on a team of noobs/average WH player.

I think i spent the second dogfight just fighting with a machine gun, seeing as how there were never any weapons around .

When our powers combine, we're pretty damn good, even if our individual stats aren't where we'd like them to be

Trevelyan

Banned
I thought I did pretty good....in killing my own team :lol

Sorry again Manky for all the TK when you had the flag, haha. I remember in the last game, this guy was running from me towards the jeep, so i toss a grenade and out of the corner of my eyes i see you come through the window and i think, "NOOOOOOO!!!!" :lol

Ceb

Since I don't have a mic to say "no worries", I just want to let everyone know that each time I get accidentally TKed, I just start laughing. :lol

TTOB in particular got in a good one where he squashed me with his jeep on Island Outpost. :D

Ceb said:
Since I don't have a mic to say "no worries", I just want to let everyone know that each time I get accidentally TKed, I just start laughing. :lol

TTOB in particular got in a good one where he squashed me with his jeep on Island Outpost. :D

:lol

So sorry about that. I generally try to roll in a pack, so I saw you jump with the jeep and I was following your lead. Next thing I know I'm landing and it's *squish!* - "F@CK!" *presses mic* "Sorry sorry sorry sorry!":p

mintylurb

I thought the match was sunday..;< Welp, at least I got to play with fellow gaffers just now. I wonder if it was methane who was saying carlos sucks or something..

carlos

lol, it was more like "carlos is a f@g"

first time I've been called that online, I guess it's a rite of passage -.-

and this is why it would be useful to have the name of the person chatting appearing on the screen; it couldve been methane messing around, might've been the other team, could've been anyone trying to start something, who knows....

Steroyd

Last night felt disappointingly short, might I suggest that with team based modes like CTF and Zones next time round we do a best of 3 rounds?

User 406

Banned
Don't we also have a clan match of some sort today? I seem to remember Steroyd mentioning having a few clans from that euro console gaming site lined up.

Ceb

Steroyd said:
Last night felt disappointingly short, might I suggest that with team based modes like CTF and Zones next time round we do a best of 3 rounds?

I think it's gonna be hard to find both teammates and adversaries who will be able to sit out 3-4.5 hours of straight Warhawk on a Saturday.

User 406

Banned
Well if we don't have a clan match today, that makes things easier on me, since I promised some friends of mine a full course home cooked meal as an xmas gift, and today's the day. I was going to try to get a lot of the prepwork done before the match, then do the cooking afterwards, but if there's no match I'll have a bit more leeway.

methane47

can someone give me the run down as to what i need to do to get into these clan matches with my fellow gaffers?

oh and Bandit 4x4 is frickin ridiculously hard to get.. is bandit 4x4 only road kill or does it count if you use the turret as well?

Steroyd

1)I try and setup a clan match.

2)I put a clan message of when the clan match is (WHOOPS may have left the last message up)

3)You meetup at that time.

Have to be part of the clan because we'll most likely use a clan server bla bla etc.

icechai

methane47 said:
can someone give me the run down as to what i need to do to get into these clan matches with my fellow gaffers?

oh and Bandit 4x4 is frickin ridiculously hard to get.. is bandit 4x4 only road kill or does it count if you use the turret as well?

it gets easier once you figure out the hit detection of running people over. Deathmatch and Team DM are probably the easiest ways to get it. Although I got it while playing CTF, just gotta be careful of all the mines :p

i just got the game. it's quite fun.
Anyone mind letting me know the GAF server? there's so damned many and the one i played last night was french, and they were all screaming like banshees!

User 406

Banned
Remember, everyone keep killing yourselves in stupid ways so we don't scare anyone off until enough people join the other side to have an actual game. :X

ChryZ

Sea Manky said:
Remember, everyone keep killing yourselves in stupid ways so we don't scare anyone off until enough people join the other side to have an actual game. :X
... and then to scare them away?

Top Bottom