• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
GAHHHH!!!!!!!

So I finally get a chance to PLAY today. Get booted off a russian server for killing the host too much, ok, everything's fine, then I join SD-challeng, which is full of SCE guys including dac, who's on my friend's list. Awesome game, great teamwork on both sides, won the first game, tied the second, was doing great in the third with most of the battlefield belonging to us.

Suddenly, I become completely fucking STUPID, mix up red and blue in the MIDDLE of the fucking round, and kill our flag carrier who is in a jeep.

Then I kill the jeep behind him.

And the guy who hopped out of the jeep after he picks up the flag.

Finally, a warhawk kills me. I notice that it's a teamkill, think "that's odd", and notice my now hugely negative score. Then I realize I've been a big fat idiot. :(

I apologized profusely, quit the game, then sent dac a PSN message with more apologies for him and his clan.

Now excuse me, I have to go do some DIY brain surgery with a claw hammer. X(

Grayman

Hey guys, i accepted the invites on both ladders.

Saturday at 7pm is ufc time, on another Saturday it would have been nice. EST or PST i don't really have the time in the day to commit to it.

User 406

Banned
Turns out he's talking UK time, which is GMT. That would be 2pm EST, 11am PST, if I'm correct.

Steroyd, can you invite Nohne to the clan? That's kazenone's PSN handle, and he's joined the GB ladder.

User 406

Banned
Okay, I sent Matt a message asking if he's going to do an official challenge on the site or if it's just a friendly match. So far it looks like Steroyd, CSSer, ChryZ, and maybe Grayman are in. I can play too but I'm willing to sit out if someone else wants a spot. Anyone else interested?

Sea Manky said:
GAHHHH!!!!!!!

So I finally get a chance to PLAY today. Get booted off a russian server for killing the host too much, ok, everything's fine, then I join SD-challeng, which is full of SCE guys including dac, who's on my friend's list. Awesome game, great teamwork on both sides, won the first game, tied the second, was doing great in the third with most of the battlefield belonging to us.

Suddenly, I become completely fucking STUPID, mix up red and blue in the MIDDLE of the fucking round, and kill our flag carrier who is in a jeep.

Then I kill the jeep behind him.

And the guy who hopped out of the jeep after he picks up the flag.

Finally, a warhawk kills me. I notice that it's a teamkill, think "that's odd", and notice my now hugely negative score. Then I realize I've been a big fat idiot. :(

I apologized profusely, quit the game, then sent dac a PSN message with more apologies for him and his clan.

Now excuse me, I have to go do some DIY brain surgery with a claw hammer. X(

Epic lulz!

I did that too, only against Japanese. So I couldn't apologize. :(

So I just said "THIS IS FOR PEARL HARBOR!" :p j/k

For some reason I saw an enemy name tag over one of our friendly vehicles and proceeded to frag it like a douche. OMG.

I haven't played in nearly a month, so I'll use that as an excuse rather than that I simply suck. :D

User 406

Banned
Ok, I've just set up a player ranked server for a measly 8 people, variety of game types, nothing over 20 minutes, I'll keep checking the thread between rounds if gaffers want to join in, so post and I'll kick to make space.

Server name is !GAF-Small.

Kazenone

Yeah waiting around for people wasn't great but we did have some good games.

Thanks for letting me join the clan; i'll be on every night :D

Ceb

Sea Manky said:
GAHHHH!!!!!!!

That happens eventually. :lol I also once thought this guy on our team couldn't read the map and was taking the flag he had captured back to the enemy HQ, so I block his path with my Warhawk, then go "oooohhh shh..." and then he gets TOWed. :(

User 406

Banned
I wish it were "eventually" and not "chronically". ¬_¬

And that reminds me, we should also get info from everyone on how many people they can host. I know you can do 24, and I can totally handle 8. :p

Everybody, list the number of players your connection can handle when you host. Just pick create game from the menu and it will do a quick bandwidth test and tell you. I'll add the data to the spreadsheet.

Kazenone

Sea Manky said:
I wish it were "eventually" and not "chronically". ¬_¬

And that reminds me, we should also get info from everyone on how many people they can host. I know you can do 24, and I can totally handle 8. :p

Everybody, list the number of players your connection can handle when you host. Just pick create game from the menu and it will do a quick bandwidth test and tell you. I'll add the data to the spreadsheet.

I can handle 8 perfectly.

ChryZ

I can only host 4 ~_~

It's my upload bandwidth's fault. The attenuation of my dsl circuit at home doesn't allow more :(

deepbrown

Can I play with you guys later :( Or is it only Gaf clan members. I am GAF though aren't I, right? Our B3d clan is growing and has about 4 really strong players :) Still can I play -_-

Ceb

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'd like us to do some Team Deathmatch on small maps. I am on a DM tear lately, and I'm really loving these tiny respawn DM games.

I like the combo many players + small maps. Let's get something going a couple of hours from now (or soon-ish?).

Ceb said:
I like the combo many players + small maps. Let's get something going a couple of hours from now (or soon-ish?).

Except for those times when I 'tard out and check grenades willy-nilly in an attempt to kill someone sans weapons, blow myself up too much, and get booted for sucking. :lol

User 406

Banned
For straight DM, Hot Zone on Omega Dawn fucking rocks. It's my favorite DM map to date. Had that in my rotation last night.

That new Garden Something map on Destroyed Capitol is pretty cool for small TDM ground games too.

Post if you start something, I'll hop in.

Ceb

OK, I'm gonna try setting up a primarily DM/TDM server shortly and see if anyone joins us.

!battle (gonna try avoiding the GAF name this time).

methane47

I Am frickin INCAPABLE of getting a bandit 4x4

I just can't bring myself to dedicate a whole round to driving around... I really try... But its hard

methane47 said:
I Am frickin INCAPABLE of getting a bandit 4x4

I just can't bring myself to dedicate a whole round to driving around... I really try... But its hard

Just do a deathmatch game.

It takes some practice, and IIRC someone also said the kills count if you use the turret as well.

It took me a while, but just focus on doing it in DM games and you'll get it. :)

User 406

Banned
MattZani just sent me a couple messages, he'd like to bump the match up to a 5v5, as long as we can host. So far Ceb's the only one who is known to be able to handle more than 8, so... can we do it?

Also, anyone who would like to be in the match needs to make sure they're registered at consolegaming.eu and has been invited to the team. It takes 24 hours to become eligible to play, so sign up asap.

That was a great string of games, a lot of really strong performances. DireStr8s, I had no idea you were such a good pilot. :D

DireStr8s

Sea Manky said:
That was a great string of games, a lot of really strong performances. DireStr8s, I had no idea you were such a good pilot. :D

Thanks Manky. Great games for sure tho my hands sweat terribly when i play with(especially against) the clan.

Methane, thank you for owning me with your grenades so many, many times:)

Steroyd

ChryZ said:
Hey, at least my setup is stable ;P

:(

A bit late to sign up to consolegaming.eu now, 24 hours before your eligable and for 12 hours you can't change the status of the members.

So what are the specifics for the server with =Q= clan? Like expansion pack, modes allowed etc.

User 406

Banned
Heh heh, yeah, it ratchets up the tension a good bit since you know you're playing against tough competition. :D

Steroyd: Dunno, I'll have to ask him once he's issued the challenge, it's still not showing up on the site.

Just need to know if Ceb or some other person with >8 player hosting ability can host, and if we've got five guys to play.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
MattZani just sent me a couple messages, he'd like to bump the match up to a 5v5, as long as we can host. So far Ceb's the only one who is known to be able to handle more than 8, so... can we do it?

Also, anyone who would like to be in the match needs to make sure they're registered at consolegaming.eu and has been invited to the team. It takes 24 hours to become eligible to play, so sign up asap.

I can host 16

Ceb

Two things:

- I probably put too much regular DM in the mix, although Hot Zone was indeed an awesome map. You never felt safe. :D

- Who was that trashtalking asshole kid who joined the final round? :lol Damn, he was annoying, and I couldn't identify him by the mic symbols either.

Good games, guys. Nice to see a good turnout. And I guess it worked not naming the server !GAF, hehe.

Steroyd

nickslicl said:
Methane, thank you for owning me with your grenades so many, many times:)

His Grenades magnetised to me damnit. :mad:

Once in mid air I think, and I landed right on his grenade after jumping of a ledge bloody heck.

methane47

Steroyd said:
His Grenades magnetised to me damnit. :mad:

Once in mid air I think, and I landed right on his grenade after jumping of a ledge bloody heck.

Your backpack was floating mid-air too :D

Really good games guys...

You and Direst8ts was pissing me off in the omega death match.. I would shoot him FOREVER and he would just twist and turn ON THE BRINK OF DEATH.. then you snipe me... X_X

Top Bottom