• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
methane: So you'll be able to host the game at 2pm EST tomorrow? If so, that also gives us our roster of 5, although I'd still like more volunteers in case someone has to drop out.

Steroyd
CSSer
ChryZ
methane47
Sea_Manky
Grayman (?)

If this is ok, I'll let him know we can host.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
methane: So you'll be able to host the game at 2pm EST tomorrow? If so, that also gives us our roster of 5, although I'd still like more volunteers in case someone has to drop out.

Steroyd
CSSer
ChryZ
methane47
Sea_Manky
Grayman (?)

If this is ok, I'll let him know we can host.

Sure.. although i've never hosted a game before..

I'll need to have good instructions on what to do.. what to allow and all that..
We could try it out right now if you wish.

One more question.. Do you need a dedicated server? or player server?

User 406

Banned
Well, the assumption is that you'd be playing, so a player server. As for setting up a game, once we get the proposed lineup of maps and match types, we can set that up.

At any rate, since you've confirmed you can host, I'll go ahead and let Matt know we're up for it, and then we can get the rest of the details sorted out. It's kind of slow going since we're communicating over PSN. :X

BTW, here are the rules: http://warhawk.ps3.consolegaming.eu/rules.php

Frankly, rules 9-11 under matches don't make any damn sense.

According to this, Steroyd, maybe you should submit a ticket about that FR clan not reporting their loss to us.

methane47

Sea Manky said:
Hmm, I can't seem to join the game.

Just tried logging off and on again, still get an "Unable to join game" error.

I was worried about this..

what could I do to resolve this? is it something in the options?

I already have my PS3 DMZ'd on my router

Can everyone try?

OFcourse man!!

EDIT: Hmm as soon as Direstr8s got in.. the thing told me i had a network error :( :(

=========================================================

K guys try again
ServerName: "!!GAF"

Steroyd

Rules 9-11 assume that you have 5 rounds to a map.

Basically when we're on Map Ecudia CTF the host can make a best of 5 for that match before moving to the next map.

Usually servers have 1 round per map before we get to the next map in rotation.

Rule 11 though confuses me completely.

Did I miss an announcement? Because the last two times I've played Warhawk there have been no official servers. At all. Not only that, but the only player severs that are open are TDM, or 8 max, or some shit, and my own hosting got nerfed today from 16 to 12.

I swear to God Warhawk, I try so hard to love you ...

methane47

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what I could do?

I just put up another server "!!GAF" again.. this time its Dedicated Ranked.

Let me know if that works :( :(

carlos

I see the thread has been busy without me; my DSL was down since late sunday :(

just registered at gamebattles : gafcarlos

as I've said before, I'm available to play whenever (unless something unplanned happens on my end)

methane47

Dedicated Ranked: "!!GAF"

three people (not in the clan) seem to have connected alright.. and are currenty playing
YAY!!

Can you guys join?

ChryZ

methane47 said:
Dedicated Ranked: "!!GAF"

three people (not in the clan) seem to have connected alright.. and are currenty playing
YAY!!

Can you guys join?
Tried to: "Join Failed, Unable to join game."

User 406

Banned
Whoops, I had inadvertently invited PRCarlos at GB since I thought he was you. Corrected. :X

Okay, looks like someone else will need to host tomorrow, need someone who can handle more than 8 players. Anyone? Ceb?

Edit: Heh, my son was looking at the Omega Dawn Attrition map and yelled, "CAT!" Then I realized, each half of the map looks like a sitting cat rotated 90 degrees. ONCE YOU SEE IT, YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT!

carlos

yeah, I would've liked to have the same username for simplicity's sake, but it was already taken.

On a lighter note, after watching your videos, manky I figured out why everything seemed so different when you were flying;
IT TURNS OUT I NEVER TURNED ON THE PRO FLIGHT OPTION!!!
lol, I had been playing for 300 hours thinking that I had it on since the beginning

I have tried it now a bit, and it may be just me, but I feel a small speed difference (faster in pro mode) when flying and boosting (then again it might just be me.
I still get a bit disoriented when diving for cover using pro flight as well.

Now the big question is do I mess with my style after getting so used to normal flight?
If anything, at least my story is proof that you can be good even if you don't like pro flight...

User 406

Banned
Ohwow.jpg

carlos

yeah, I figured this out just seconds before my dsl went out, so I had to keep the lulz to myself these past days... I'm still amazed how so much time has passed and I never double checked those settings; never even entered the options menu O.O
My avatar seems strangely appropriate for this situation

User 406

Banned
Well then, you should probably check your PMs, we still need a bit more data from you.

Also did you want to play in tomorrows game and can you host?

carlos

I'd love to help and host, but I can only handle 2 people (friggin' embarrassing, I know)

As for tomorrow, if there's a team in place already, I'll sit this one out, no problem
I'll be ready if someone drops out, I guess;
If there's space or the team size is increased, I'll be ready to jump in.

(I'll check the pm momentarily)

carlos

heck, I'm happy to be even able to play online, living in this hellhole of an island, where the highest upload speed you can get is 512k and everything costs more than it should ($65 for my shitty service)

Can anyone tell me what's going on with the Sony servers? I played on the EU servers tonight--when they finally showed up--but as soon as I logged out, they were gone from the server list again.

You fucking suck, Incog. Even though you no longer exist.

methane47

Captain Glanton said:
Can anyone tell me what's going on with the Sony servers? I played on the EU servers tonight--when they finally showed up--but as soon as I logged out, they were gone from the server list again.

You fucking suck, Incog. Even though you no longer exist.

maybe possibly ... Change your filters ya douche bag

CSSer

It says I can host 12 people, so I'm putting up a test server called '!GAF3'. It's a ranked team death match, 30 mins, unlimited score. I'm using a wireless connection on my ps3 right now, so... it might not be good. Anyways, if you guys can give feedback on whether it's laggy or not when it reaches the threshold of 12 people, that would be nice. I wasn't able to figure out how to set it to 5vs5, so 6vs6 will have to do.

User 406

Banned
Okay, this is getting down to the wire, so I've sent an email out to the member addresses we have looking for a host.

In addition, there are still a lot of people who haven't responded with all the information we need. Here's the current list of info for the clan:

Code:
GAF Name		PSN Name	CG.eu Name	CG.eu Status	GB Name		GB Status	Host	Email?	Timezone	Available

Ceb			Arkestra	Arkestra	In Roster	Arkestra	In Roster	24	Yes	GMT+1	F-Su 2p-6p EST, S-Su >4a EST, WD <6p EST rnd
Sea Manky		Sea_Manky	Sea_Manky	In Roster	Sea_Manky	In Roster	8	Yes	EST	Almost anytime
carlos			carlos		PRcarlos	Invited		gafcarlos	Invited		2	Yes	EST	Anytime
CSSer			PlayerBeyond	PlayerBeyond	In Roster	PlayerBeyond	In Roster	?	Yes	EST	WE open, WD 6p-11p EST
teepo			TEEPO		teepo		Invited		teepo		Invited		?	Yes	EST	WE & W open, MTThF >10p EST
Escalation		Escalation	Escalation	In Roster	Escalation	In Roster	?	Yes	PST	4p-9p PST
kazenone		Nohne		?		-		Nohne		Invited		8	Yes	GMT	>5p GMT
ChryZ			ChryZ-US	Chryz		In Roster	ChryZ		In Roster	4	No	GMT+2	WD 7p-11p GMT, WE 12p-5a GMT
Grayman			Grayman222	Grayman222	Invited		grayman222	In Roster	?	Yes	PST	?
Hukasmokincaterpillar	DirtyWater	DirtyWater	Invited		DirtyWater	In Roster	?	No	EST	WE 3p-5p EST
Guled			Nytekrawla	Guled		Invited		Guled		Invited		?	Yes	?	WE <9p EST
The Take Out Bandit	The_Marquis	?		-		The_Marquis	In Roster	?	Yes	EST	WE open, WD >8p EST infrequently
mintylurb		Mintylurb	mintylurb	Invited		mintylurb	In Roster	?	Yes	?	WE 2p-5p EST
Agent X			AgentX		?		-		Agent_X		Invited		?	Yes	EST	WE >3p EST
nickslicl		DireStr8s	DireStr8s	Invited		?		-		8	Yes	?	WD >5p EST
methane47		Methane47	methane47	Invited		methane47	Invited		16	No	EST	?
GoncaloCCastro		GoncaloCastro	GoncaloCastro	Invited		GoncaloCastro	Not free agent	?	No	GMT	WE
TTP			Bloody_Marcel	Bloody_Marcel	In Roster	?		-		?	Yes	GMT+1	?
Steroyd			Steroyd		Steroyd		In Roster	Steroyd		In Roster	?	No	GMT+1	?
kaching			kaching		?		-		kaching0	Invited		?	No	EST	>10p EST, flexible
Arsenic			Syndicate3	?		-		ArSeNiC		Invited		?	Yes	EST	?
icechai			icehai		?		-		?		-		?	Yes	EST	F-S >1a EST, possible WE daytime
spwolf			nmook		?		-		?		-		?	Yes	GMT+1	WE >3p EST
Trevelyan		Trevelyan	Trevelyan	In Roster	Trevelyan	Invited		?	No	EST	?
burnfout		burnfout	Burnfout	In Roster	?		-		?	No	GMT+1	?
Epix			Epix		?		-		Epix		Invited		?	No	MST	?
h3ro			m0nkeyhero	?		-		H3RO		Invited		?	No	EST	?
RoH			REDEMPTOR	?		-		Roh		Invited		?	No	EST	?
BlackGoku03		BlackGoku03	BlackGoku03	Invited		?		-		?	No	EST	?
Prelude514		Prelude514	?		-		?		-		?	No	EST	WE >3p EST
peacemountain		peacemountain	?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT+1	Can't play regularly
Kalren			Xostas		?		-		?		-		?	No	MST	Has moved on, wouldn't mind staying if room
sd3127			SaladDodger27	SaladDodger	In Roster	?		-		?	No	?	?
skrew			skrew		?		-		SKREW		Invited		?	No	?	?
thundersabre		thundersabre	?		-		thundersabre	Invited		?	No	?	?
pancakesandsex		pancakesandsx	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	Su 3p-5p EST
Oni Jazar		Jazar		?		-		?		-		?	No	EST	?
Avellon			Avellon		?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
onadesertedisland	Cacophony	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
TheJollyCorner		IrishFigg	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
freethought		freethought69	?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT	?
numble			numbler		?		-		?		-		?	No	PST	?
acevans2		Micheal_Bluth	?		-		?		-		?	No	CST	?
rc213			rc213		?		-		?		-		?	No	PST	?
S.L.			SL_		?		-		?		-		?	No	GMT+1	?
Tailzo			Tailzo		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	Can't play regularly
jonabbey		jonabbey	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
johnFkennedy		JohnFKennedy	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
revolverjgw		revolverjgw	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
projectkuro		projectkuro	?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
The Hug Dog		Huggers		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?
GAZERK			GAZERCK		?		-		?		-		?	No	?	?

Please look at the line with your name in it and PM me the information that's marked with a "?", and your email address if the email column says "No". If you don't want to give out an email address, that's okay, just let me know. All email addresses will be kept confidential and will not be posted. Likewise if you only want to sign up for one of the clan ladders, that's fine too, just let us know you aren't interested in the other one. And if you're listed as invited on a clan ladder, make sure you accept the invitation so you can become eligible to play.

As for the clan match tomorrow, it's supposed to be a 5 on 5 match versus clan Quarantine from the consolegaming.eu clan ladder. The time of the match is 2pm EST/7pm GMT. Only people active on the roster can participate, but if we find a host not on the roster with a fast enough connection, they can run it dedicated.

Again, please fill us in with the requested information, if we want to be organized as a clan it's the easiest way for us to stay on top of things rather than just posting in the thread and hoping everyone is reading it this week. :p

CSSer

ah, let me change it to a CTF match so that it might entice some people.

edit - it's up. CTF for Island Outpost, Archipelago, Badlands, and Destroyed Capital, unlimited ctf score

mintylurb

Sea Manky said:
Okay, this is getting down to the wire, so I've sent an email out to the member addresses we have looking for a host.

In addition, there are still a lot of people who haven't responded with all the information we need. Here's the current list of info for the clan:

-snip-

Please look at the line with your name in it and PM me the information that's marked with a "?"
I can host 1 vs 1 death match! Anyway, my timezone is EST. East coast biatches~ ;d

methane47

CSSer said:
ah, let me change it to a CTF match so that it might entice some people.

edit - it's up. CTF for Island Outpost, Archipelago, Badlands, and Destroyed Capital, unlimited ctf score

i cant join :(

User 406

Banned
Well, worse comes to worst, I guess we could fall back to 4v4, although considering I haven't even seen a challenge from =Q= on CG yet, I'm wondering if anythings even going to happen. :|

methane47

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANDIT 4X4

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And could NOT come at a better time... I have 8984 points...
THats pretty much ONE game from a promotion!!!

Top Bottom