• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd said:
Idiotically, the clan members list doesn't update anything like the friends list, for example, if Methane were too jump into a server say B Psycho then get out and join another server C Psycho, then on the clans list it would still register as B Psycho even though he's in C Psycho.

However

The friends list updates instantly and there isn't a need to click refresh to get updated, lord knows why both lists which are practically of the same thing updates so differently.
Hmmm confusing but I think I understand what you're saying.

methane47

InterMoniker said:
Did they ban you from the server we were playing too?

My PSN is CaliChronz I saw you in a that level and hopped in the tank with you.

I don't thinks so.. I finished that game but was annoyed that "Fly with Flag" was left on so I left

deepbrown

OK I was rocking in Warhawk...doing a Dogfight and then this weirdest glitch happened!

The sky stayed the same, but the terrain went black and the trees stayed green....everything was textureless and it kept on going into that for like 5 minutes every now and again...while I carried on rocking the boat. It was VERY weird.

deepbrown

Grayman said:
You've unlocked legohawk!
Was weird! It was quite cool cause it was really easy to see the warhawks against the black terrain...but whenever anyone shot at me the whole world flashed between black and textured/colour with the echoing shooting really loud. I wish I tooka picture...but no camera :)

Steroyd

deepbrown said:
OK I was rocking in Warhawk...doing a Dogfight and then this weirdest glitch happened!

The sky stayed the same, but the terrain went black and the trees stayed green....everything was textureless and it kept on going into that for like 5 minutes every now and again...while I carried on rocking the boat. It was VERY weird.

That happened to me, some guy was flying Warhawk wierdly in CTF and foocked the game in that everything went black.

deepbrown

Steroyd said:
That happened to me, some guy was flying Warhawk wierdly in CTF and foocked the game in that everything went black.
Hmm...so it's not a prob with my PS3 is it? It was weird, intriguing, yet scwawee.

User 406

Banned
Yeah, that happened to me a few times ages ago, I was in a tank and then everything started flashing and it sounded like I was being shot to shit, then my health bar went to zero, my tank was on fire, and the entire world was black, with only the sky and enemy names still normal. After a while, everything went back to normal and my tank was fine. Then it happened again when I was flying. It was like some Warhawk post-traumatic stress Silent Hill thing. I was still able to rack up a few kills while it was going on. Neat.

deepbrown

Sea Manky said:
Yeah, that happened to me a few times ages ago, I was in a tank and then everything started flashing and it sounded like I was being shot to shit, then my health bar went to zero, my tank was on fire, and the entire world was black, with only the sky and enemy names still normal. After a while, everything went back to normal and my tank was fine. Then it happened again when I was flying. It was like some Warhawk post-traumatic stress Silent Hill thing. I was still able to rack up a few kills while it was going on. Neat.
Well it went on for 10 minutes on and off till the end of the game. I thought i was being punished for winning. 45 warhawk kills to 5 deaths :D

methane47 said:
I don't thinks so.. I finished that game but was annoyed that "Fly with Flag" was left on so I left
Yeah "Fly with Flag" is pretty fuckin cheap, it's more challenging and fun when you're forced to get in a jeep or tank.

deepbrown

I have seen many people standing ON TOP of a Warhawk with the flag...and it being taken back to their base by hovering lol. That's without the dropship of course. Very funny...but so easy to kill with a rocket launcher.

Ceb

When I was scouting for games on Friday, I came across so many rank-scumming servers. Why does Sony still not crack down on this?

User 406

Banned
Yay! It's 2pm EST/7pm GMT, and still no goddamn challenge, match info, or ANYTHING from =Q=. Screw those guys. I'll talk to them again when there's a fucking challenge at the bottom of our clan page and not before. I've got a headache and I'm going to take a nap.

Ceb

Still run into teammates who never even attempt to recapture the flag. WTF? It's been this way ever since they lowered the score bonus for recapping.

Well after four months I've ranked up again. >:|

Now my next badge relies on me getting 10 Machine Gun Kills in a Warhawk?!

You may as well ask me to go get a date with Sofia Vergara while we're at it.

Never gonna happen.

Can we put wings on a tank? :D

Yeah I dunno about that.

Like B.A. Barracus, I hate flying.

I stay on the ground the majority of the time in Warhawk for a reason. Because I stand a change on my own two feet or in my tank-o-doom. :\

I'll probably just sit it out for the additional 10,000 points for the next rank. Make it there some time next year. :lol

fobtastic

Dumb question: is there a trick to aiming with the tank? When a tank spots me while I'm on foot I always get blown to bits. But when I'm piloting the tank, I somehow manage to miss way too often. I try to shoot directly at the enemy or at their feet, but it expects me to have sniper-like accuracy or something.

Ceb

Hmm, I'd say it's just a matter of pointing and shooting. Just watch out for elevated ground or obstacles like trees and pillars making you waste shots.

To be really successful with the tank, you should learn how to skillfuly maneuver it so you can make quick turns and blast away approaching troopers with flamethrowers. You should also make it a point to always be on the move unless you want to be an easy target for grenades. If there's a trooper with a rocket launcher nearby, shoot him first. If someone manages to plant a land mine on you, quickly bail out.

womfalcs3

Banned
I just ordered this game from Amazon. 39.99 on Amazon, and free shipping. I figured it's worth it for a game AND a bluetooth headset.

PSN ID: womfalcs3. I'll be on as soon as I get it.

methane47

The Take Out Bandit said:
I dunno. I'm assuming it's IAR since I have more than 10 machine gun kills total.

There's no way I can do this unless the round timer is set to an hour. :\

I'm pretty sure the machine gun kills equate to Air to air as well as air to ground kills....

Boken

Banned
Warhawk seems fun but is there a point in buying the game if I'm mainly going to play on random servers? (I come from the land of the dead, Ausralia and so I have no friends to play with :( )

Hi There.

Could someone tell me how to advance in rankings?
I've been a wingman for over a month and I'm elite, especially in the air.
I shouldn't be wingman I should be commander in chief going by my skill level.

CurlySaysX said:
Hi There.

Could someone tell me how to advance in rankings?
I've been a wingman for over a month and I'm elite, especially in the air.
I shouldn't be wingman I should be commander in chief going by my skill level.
Sorry I wish I could help I'm pretty lost with this ranking up myself. :?
The Take Out Bandit said:
Well after four months I've ranked up again. >:|

Now my next badge relies on me getting 10 Machine Gun Kills in a Warhawk?!

You may as well ask me to go get a date with Sofia Vergara while we're at it.

Never gonna happen.

Can we put wings on a tank? :D
Wait 10 machine gun kills in one game with a warhawk? Can you shoot warhawks or do they have to be ground troops or both?

User 406

Banned
Ranking up is pretty simple, in your profile, go to Rank Advancement. You can scroll up and down to see the requirements for each rank listed on the right. Note that to achieve a rank you must earn the required points AND the required award. You can view the awards and their requirements in your profile under Awards.

If you're stuck on Wingman, it's probably because you haven't got the Bandit 4x4 badge, which is a common complaint. Kill five enemies in a round with the 4x4, either with the gun or running them over, and you'll get the badge.

As for the Warhawk Aerial Gunnery ribbon, the good news is that it only requires five warhawk machinegun kills in a round. The bad news is that they have to be against warhawks. :p You don't need to use machineguns only, just use something else to soften them up and finish the kill with the machineguns.

Sea Manky said:
Ranking up is pretty simple, in your profile, go to Rank Advancement. You can scroll up and down to see the requirements for each rank listed on the right. Note that to achieve a rank you must earn the required points AND the required award. You can view the awards and their requirements in your profile under Awards.

If you're stuck on Wingman, it's probably because you haven't got the Bandit 4x4 badge, which is a common complaint. Kill five enemies in a round with the 4x4, either with the gun or running them over, and you'll get the badge.

As for the Warhawk Aerial Gunnery ribbon, the good news is that it only requires five warhawk machinegun kills in a round. The bad news is that they have to be against warhawks. :p You don't need to use machineguns only, just use something else to soften them up and finish the kill with the machineguns.
Cool thanks for the info Sea Manky! :D

I'll have to go into my profile and check out Rank Advancement :)

User 406

Banned
Okay, some of you guys who were playing last week might remember some guy named BigBoss20 who talked about getting a clan match together. His clan, Damage Control, is newly listed on Gamebattles, so I've just sent him a preliminary message asking if he'd accept a challenge. Hopefully we can get a decently sized game set up. And this time we'll be the ones making the challenge on the site. :p

And as always, if you haven't given us an email address, availability times, or signed up for the clan ladders, please PM me or Steroyd so we can fill in the gaps in the clan information.

Sea Manky said:
Okay, some of you guys who were playing last week might remember some guy named BigBoss20 who talked about getting a clan match together. His clan, Damage Control, is newly listed on Gamebattles, so I've just sent him a preliminary message asking if he'd accept a challenge. Hopefully we can get a decently sized game set up. And this time we'll be the ones making the challenge on the site. :p

And as always, if you haven't given us an email address, availability times, or signed up for the clan ladders, please PM me or Steroyd so we can fill in the gaps in the clan information.
Damage Control Hahaha thats a funny clan name.

I think I played against one of them the other day. That name sounds really familiar I'm pretty sure I saw them on there.

User 406

Banned
Well, it's a far better name than many I've seen on the ladders. ULTIM8 SUPERIORZZ DEATH KILLA KLOWN ALL-STARZZZ ASSASSINZ and whatnot. Here's their clan page if you want to check out their roster. I don't recognize any of them.

spwolf

Boken said:
Warhawk seems fun but is there a point in buying the game if I'm mainly going to play on random servers? (I come from the land of the dead, Ausralia and so I have no friends to play with :( )

yes, because it has dedicated servers everywhere...

pilonv1

I am lost at this game, but I've played about 30 minutes tops. Any links to tips or help anyone can give me?

Also if any Aussies want to add me feel free (pilonv1)

Top Bottom